Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Captain Oblivious posted:

Future Trunks is a huge doof in Xenoverse but he remains one of my favorite characters.

Kid Trunks is such a disappointment.

Yeah pretty much this. Future Trunks is fairly practical and I like that about him.

Kid Trunks is a hilarious poo poo. Really given that his parents are the richest woman on earth and Vegeta it's lucky we didn't get Joffrey Baratheon with superpowers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
I don't really care for Bardock at all, but I like that Future Trunks is kind of a shy dork despite basically being in Fallout.

mycot posted:

Kid Trunks is a hilarious poo poo. Really given that his parents are the richest woman on earth and Vegeta it's lucky we didn't get Joffrey Baratheon with superpowers.

I don't like Kid Trunks or Goten a whole lot, but I do like that prime timeline Trunks got a real childhood.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Future Trunks is cool because he's the only one who actually knows suffering in the Dragon Ball Universe. He's the only person in the Show that actually had to deal with the consequences of their stupidity. He doesn't get to go home at the end of the day and make a wish on the dragon balls to make it all better.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Captain Oblivious posted:

Future Trunks is a huge doof in Xenoverse but he remains one of my favorite characters.

Kid Trunks is such a disappointment.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Kild posted:

I watched it twice I don't see him say that there.

That must've been the wrong link. I remember him saying that in one of the videos where Kibito Kai fused together. I'll have to look harder for it.

Found it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLxMUjyzmf8

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Mar 16, 2015

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Maybe the weird aliens deserved to die.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

That must've been the wrong link. I remember him saying that in one of the videos where Kibito Kai fused together. I'll have to look harder for it.

Buu saga is so silly.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Shinjobi posted:

Future Trunks is funny, because despite being raised by a hardened and toughened Gohan in the future, he ends up acting more like the gentle Gohan of the present.:allears:

Future Gohan was Future Trunk's Piccolo.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Rhonne posted:

Future Gohan was Future Trunk's Piccolo.

Huh. That's a pretty good point.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
Been watching one of the follow on clips from that (Vegito vs Super Buu) and i must admit, i actually do like the original soundtrack because of the moments of silence, and i love falconer score. :v:

If only there was some inbetween.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

My favorite thing about Future Trunks, which Xenoverse nails, is how even among the lowered standards of the Z Fighters, he has no social skills. And why would he; he knows only bloodshed.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

ah cool.

Upon watching that I realized Super Buu has the same voice as Yusuke.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
He also voiced Raditz, Justin Cook is pretty good.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

It's easier to identify it's him when he's yelling. He kinda reverts into Yusuke voice a little with both characters.

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

(and can't post for 2 years!)

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I never thought about it before but was there any reason Goku and Gohan didn't just do a dance fusion? I remember Vegeta wouldn't do it because it looked stupid.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Amorphous Blob posted:

I never thought about it before but was there any reason Goku and Gohan didn't just do a dance fusion? I remember Vegeta wouldn't do it because it looked stupid.

Gohan never saw it, and it takes practice to do. Not something you can do on the fly when you're fighting a magic bubblegum monster.

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

Neo_Crimson posted:

Gohan never saw it, and it takes practice to do. Not something you can do on the fly when you're fighting a magic bubblegum monster.

Weren't Goku and Gohan both on the kai planet at some point together? He could have taught him it there.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Neo_Crimson posted:

Not to mention like Buu was right there so he would've probably interrupted the fusion.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Amorphous Blob posted:

Weren't Goku and Gohan both on the kai planet at some point together? He could have taught him it there.

I believe Old Kai mentioned that Potara Fusion would result in a stronger warrior. Keep in mind that Gotenks at SSJ3 was only dead even with Super Buu, and he'd gotten even stronger since then.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Amorphous Blob posted:

You had to be near exact equal strength with lots of practice.

quote:

The performers must visualize two rivers flowing towards each other that get closer as they approach each other, then converge at two single points; the points collapse under the pressure and the two rivers flow into each other, becoming one. The movements, right down to the fusees' breathing, must be perfectly synchronized and symmetrical or the fusion will fail. The fusees must also equalize their power levels.

Even if Gohan and Goku's fusion was doable and stronger than Buu the time limit doesn't allow them to beat Buu.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
That too, Gotens/Trunks could do the fusion because they were exact strength.

Potra fusion just ignores the rules and lets you fuse. I mean yeah hindsight and all but well things look like they were going well with Gohan rocking Buu's poo poo so yeah why would he need to learn the fusion dance.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Kild posted:

You had to be near exact equal strength with lots of practice.

Not in Fusion Reborn where cool things happen because the entirety of reality gets hosed.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Hahha yeah that is the one time Vegeta dances doesn't he?

In fact they get wrong the first time , than they become Gogeta who then just immediately just hands the dude's rear end like it was nothing.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Beef Waifu posted:

Not in Fusion Reborn where cool things happen because the entirety of reality gets hosed.

In Fusion Reborn they gently caress it up become obese and only live because they were impervious to damage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vudgvvcOa1s

Hobo Siege
Apr 24, 2008

by Cowcaster

Amorphous Blob posted:

Gohan couldn't catch an ear ring, I doubt he could pull off the dance without producing a horrible anorexic GoGo.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
If Goku and Gohan fused would they be Hanku?

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

Hobo Siege posted:

Gohan couldn't catch an ear ring, I doubt he could pull off the dance without producing a horrible anorexic GoGo.

Gohan is a prodigy at making stupid poses.

Kild posted:

In Fusion Reborn they gently caress it up become obese and only live because they were impervious to damage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vudgvvcOa1s

Man it's like the return of Yajirobe.

Amorphous Blob fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Mar 17, 2015

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Beef Waifu posted:

If Goku and Gohan fused would they be Hanku?

They'd be Son Dad. It's based off what the other one thinks your name is. Kakaratto + Vegeta = Vegetto etc.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Kild posted:

Upon watching that I realized Super Buu has the same voice as Yusuke.

Beef Waifu posted:

He also voiced Raditz, Justin Cook is pretty good.

He also voiced teenage Dende.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

Kild posted:

They'd be Son Dad. It's based off what the other one thinks your name is. Kakaratto + Vegeta = Vegetto etc.

This part was always interesting to me because techincally in the US it should have been Vegeot, or Vegerot because in the US there's no 'o' at the end of it.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Don't the two have to be the same race to use the fusion dance too? There's another reason Gohan couldn't do it with Goku.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Stallion Cabana posted:

This part was always interesting to me because techincally in the US it should have been Vegeot, or Vegerot because in the US there's no 'o' at the end of it.
I've seen some guidebooks or something translate it as Vegerot.

Momomo posted:

Don't the two have to be the same race to use the fusion dance too? There's another reason Gohan couldn't do it with Goku.

Goku imagined fusing with Dende, but they ended up not trying.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
The Viz manga used Vegerot.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Momomo posted:

I'd assume that Saiyans and Humans being biologically similar enough to have children that aren't sterile means they're also compatible for the Fusion Dance.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.
I thought that the "same power level for fusion" thing meant that you just manually adjusted your own power level to match that of the other guy, since the Earth fighters have a pretty good mastery of ki manipulation. Like don't Goten & Trunks even end up doing that?

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

XboxPants posted:

I thought that the "same power level for fusion" thing meant that you just manually adjusted your own power level to match that of the other guy, since the Earth fighters have a pretty good mastery of ki manipulation. Like don't Goten & Trunks even end up doing that?

Yeah, Trunks was just a little stronger than Goten.

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

Also, that was Goku's original plan to defeat Buu. To use the fusion dance to fuse with either Gohan or Vegeta. Piccolo figured that out while they were wondering what the next steps was after Vegeta's suicide attack failed, Gohan MIA presumed dead, and Goku telling them straight up that he and Vegeta were about equal, so of Vegeta couldn't do it he would have failed

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Vintimus Prime posted:

Also, that was Goku's original plan to defeat Buu. To use the fusion dance to fuse with either Gohan or Vegeta. Piccolo figured that out while they were wondering what the next steps was after Vegeta's suicide attack failed, Gohan MIA presumed dead, and Goku telling them straight up that he and Vegeta were about equal, so of Vegeta couldn't do it he would have failed

Well that was the intention, and then Toriyama saw Fusion Reborn was coming out and he didn't want to steal their thunder by debuting Gogeta in the manga. Therefore he invented Potara fusion and Vegito.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Onmi posted:

Well that was the intention, and then Toriyama saw Fusion Reborn was coming out and he didn't want to steal their thunder by debuting Gogeta in the manga. Therefore he invented Potara fusion and Vegito.

Wha- how do you come to this conclusion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

VanSandman posted:

Wha- how do you come to this conclusion.

It was in an interview.

• Locked thread