Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lil Cunty

utter madness

ty crap

ty landy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piso Mojado

haha byob.png

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

i want it

Machai

keep watching it

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

Machai posted:

keep watching it

oh I saw

FluffieDuckie

:siren: sewing has commenced :siren:

step one is to make strips out of each row. i start by taking all those tiny strips and pinning them to the squares like so

i sew each strip where it's pinned

and then press the fabric back like this.

i do that for every square in the row (except the last one). once that's done then i sew the square to the right to each square the same way so i have 2 squares with a fabric strip in between. repeat a few times and boom, row 1 is sewn

ok so our first major problem has cropped up. a really important part of this process is pressing the seams flat after sewing. if you don't do that then when you start to sew this row to another of strip of fabric it's going to wiggle all over the place and you can kiss your perfectly lined up squares goodbye.

ofc when the fabric you're ironing is largely composed of iron on transfers, ironing can damage the transfers. i thought i'd be ok on a low setting, but it became increasingly impossible to press the seams without messing up the transfers.

so this row is kind of wobbly and we've just begun. i don't have a good solution for this, so i'm going to just say right now this quilt is not going to line up and i don't want to hear a lot of complaining

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

pig slut lisa

irl is good

:ohdear: does anyone else see the scratch in the first picture

les fleurs du mall

by LadyAmbien
I'm sprouting out of ron's head just like real life

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

bacalou

BYOB is really the skeeter valentine to fyad's roger klotz anyway so mistakes are required

Stormyish

pig slut lisa posted:

what? I see nothing wrong with scratch julio, I mean air julio

i am he

dont cover up the squares like that its make them hard to see. my 2 cents.

BIG BIC SQUAD
FluffieDuckie, you are a goddess, thank you for actually making this quilt. I'm looking forward to seeing the end result

Dotcom Jillionaire

Social distortion
i voodoo cursed brillo's square by accident. just fyi if you stick pins into his square he will feel it and eventually develop acute psoriasis

Gone Fashing

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

BYOB Ross posted:

dont cover up the squares like that its make them hard to see. my 2 cents.

bacalou

dang there are like nine voodoo curses on this thing its gonna be the loving lasser glass of cribdeath for the next hundred years

fuck. marry. t-rex

*goes through every photo in the thread*

'Haha there's mine!!... no no no and there's mine!... nope there it is, my square!... haha woo there's mine!....no ....no ... there it is!'

FluffieDuckie

pig slut lisa posted:

i've carefully inspected julio's square and that must have been a stray thread. it's perfect

tao of lmao

i'd like to volunteer my square for scratching

Theglavwen

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.
It's much more appropriate for the BYOB quilt to be all misaligned anyway.

Machai

fluffie I can lend you a laser level if you want so it is all lined up perfectly

treasure bear

Vendor Trash posted:

i'd like to volunteer my square for scratching

please scratch off the bottom right hand thx

my new dog

by Nyc_Tattoo
drat that quilt crew poo poo looks tight as gently caress. Slap it on me, motherfucker

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

FluffieDuckie

one of these is on its way to my house. it will arrive wednesday

landy.

FluffieDuckie posted:

im amazed at all the effort duckie goes through for us

i am he

FluffieDuckie posted:

lol

playground tough

FluffieDuckie posted:

holy poo poo I could iron so many things with this

shirts.. bam!
hats.. bam!
sheets.. bam! fuckin easy

treasure bear

FluffieDuckie posted:

mini iron for tiny mice clothes :3:

FluffieDuckie

it says it's quick easy and fun. so buckle down boys we're about to start having fun

tight shorts

This is so amazing, thank you so much Fluff duck :love: :love: :love:

bacalou

I Like To Have Fun

tao of lmao

FluffieDuckie posted:

haha this is the god damned greatest

playground tough
no origami shirt will be left un-ironed :twisted:

pig slut lisa

irl is good

Cumt posted:

mini iron for tiny mice clothes :3:

pig slut lisa

irl is good

FluffieDuckie posted:

it says it's quick easy and fun. so buckle down boys we're about to start having fun

about time :rolleyes:

FluffieDuckie

just when i was feeling dispair about the quilt, this happened

:peanut:

but wait

wha??

i think it's a present. for me :3:

i hope it's a present and not a mistake bc she's going to have trouble prying it out of my hands

after i got done dancing around the house with my "present" i put the quilt square in its place and oh dear.

what duckie's demonstrating there is that the buttons are like right on the edge of where i'm going to have to cut this square, so first thing i have to take off the buttons and carefully put them someplace i won't lose them

then i started bending that black cloth and i broke out in a cold sweat thinking about sewing that and i walked away and took some deep breaths

playground tough

FluffieDuckie posted:

holy poo poo

tao of lmao

FluffieDuckie posted:

:peanut:

but wait

wha??

i think it's a present. for me :3:

i hope it's a present and not a mistake bc she's going to have trouble prying it out of my hands

after i got done dancing around the house with my "present" i put the quilt square in its place and oh dear.

what duckie's demonstrating there is that the buttons are like right on the edge of where i'm going to have to cut this square, so first thing i have to take off the buttons and carefully put them someplace i won't lose them

then i started bending that black cloth and i broke out in a cold sweat thinking about sewing that and i walked away and took some deep breaths

Vendor Trash posted:

haha this is the god damned greatest

landy.

i am he

why did wd 40 make her square a dumbass size

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stormyish

unlike the indifference everybody else has shown here, I appreciate you the most, fluffie
please don't burn my square

• Locked thread