Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

euphronius posted:

Sasha has been with the group forever?

Michonne has been there a bit longer.

GrAviTy84 posted:

nope, Maggie is a main main main character in the comics, probably second only to Rick. She has a pretty big moment coming up in a bit.

You reminded me that another issue is out and I need to go grab it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Did Michonne join before Sasha? I can't remember that far back.

She was in the show way early, but was all aloof and poo poo.

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

euphronius posted:

Michonne joined basically an ep or two before. She has been around for longer though. She was with andrea all winter. Sasha joined up around the time Glenn and Maggie were merlenapped. Michonne brought the baby formula that they were scavenging.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

euphronius posted:

Michonne was stuck with lame Andrea for a while and in Woodbury, she was on the show longer but I think joined the group around the same time or after Sasha maybe. She was shown in the closing scenes of the season 2 finale.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

I couldn't hear the conversation between the two Alexandrians right before one of them runs off and leaves the other trapped on a sharp object. Then I couldn't hear the conversation between Glenn and the Alexandrian that was left behind. Can anyone help please?

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

Brightman posted:

You reminded me that another issue is out and I need to go grab it.

I don't know how they could top eye socket licking.

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

Mills posted:

I couldn't hear the conversation between the two Alexandrians right before one of them runs off and leaves the other trapped on a sharp object. Then I couldn't hear the conversation between Glenn and the Alexandrian that was left behind. Can anyone help please?

The Douche McGee told Aiden something like "This isn't us, we don't rescue" or something like that. Aiden told Glenn something like "it was us, we were the ones who lost it, the people who died were calm but we deserted them".

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

GrAviTy84 posted:

The Douche McGee told Aiden something like "This isn't us, we don't rescue" or something like that. Aiden told Glenn something like "it was us, we were the ones who lost it, the people who died were calm but we deserted them".

Thanks!

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Vitamin P posted:

Kill Maggie then. She has far less of an arc than Noah did and it would make more sense.

I'm surprised somebody hasn't killed her already just because of her lovely accent.

trashcangammy
Jul 31, 2012
I think that was the best episode of Walking Dead ever. The whole story moved along so fast, we found out more about a bunch of characters and it got everyone hyped for the confrontation that's gonna happen next. It was great.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
What was more emotional to watch:

A: Noah's Death
B: Ted getting ripped in half over Fenway Park

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
This episode owned. Good character driven plot, punctuated by awesome gore effects and Abe loving destroying zombies with a mace. And when people acted stupid, it was actually part of the story and shown as stupid, instead of just bad writing making people stupid!

This show has had really good episodes before(the pilot and Clear), but they were stand-alone stories. This was the first really great episode that's part of the ongoing story.

Guys, what if this show becomes consistently unironically good?

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
I really liked this episode, especially the revolving door scene because for once it was a clever idea for a scene without being completely contrived. They are in control of the situation but then one of them fucks up and everything goes to poo poo and they start making bad calls. Reminds me of that midnight GTA session Glen had few episodes ago with the blood red lights. Pretty creative I think.

The other end of the spectrum would be the infamous 360 van flip scene, which while a cool idea, was really contrived and poorly executed. But I think it is best to not talk about that any further.

messagemode1
Jun 9, 2006

Remy Marathe posted:

How about you let the zombies kill whoever the gently caress the zombies can catch?

Speaking of which I don't know how Eugene didn't get bit when he was taken down by the zombie.

(I know I know plot armor)

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

GrAviTy84 posted:

nope, Maggie is a main main main character in the comics, probably second only to Rick. She has a pretty big moment coming up in a bit.

Seriously, don't mess with Maggie.

savinhill posted:

Eugene's the best. I would probably stop watching this show if they ever kill him off.

His actor is one of the best Talking Dead guests.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

GrAviTy84 posted:

That shouldn't really matter. Andrea is still around in the comics.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

He was using an ax not a mace.

Goons.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

They also gave Abe a strong halo on two or three shots which was interesting even before Gabes satan speech.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
The grenade was actually not a bad creator of drama. The group were tight and competent, doing everything with no problems... Until cockface mcgee decided to do something thick.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

Poque posted:

He went to talk to Deanna and talked about how Satan disguises himself as an angel of light and Rick's group is made up entirely of hitlerdemons. Maggie was listening. Then Carol went to Rick and told him to kill the kid's dad because he's an abuser

Why would he do that? That seems really random all of a sudden.

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

Boris Galerkin posted:

Why would he do that? That seems really random all of a sudden.

He's projecting. He's the awful one, he's the one who betrayed and did terrible things to people. It's basically him doing that thing where you ask an awkward question, "you know, for a friend."

obviously a minister who isn't very well acquainted with the concept of grace.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Yeah, he can't live in a world where people know what he's done. He sees Alexandria as an eden and knows he wants to stay there. To stay there, they need to believe he's a saintly priest. Or at least for him to be able to keep his sanity, he needs them to think that. So he's backstabbing Rick & Co to try to get them all out and leave him there to start a new life.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

This show really does have a habit of doing a bunch of character stuff for the black guys right before they get killed (Oscar, T-Dog, Bob, Tyreese, Noah). It's uncanny.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

GrAviTy84 posted:

He's projecting. He's the awful one, he's the one who betrayed and did terrible things to people. It's basically him doing that thing where you ask an awkward question, "you know, for a friend."

obviously a minister who isn't very well acquainted with the concept of grace.

He wasn't just projecting, he was also inadvertently talking about Alexandria.He goes on and on about the devil looking like a good thing, the same episode is all about how the apparently perfect Alexandria has a standing rule that if anybody so much as stubs their toe you leave them to die, and the doctor beats his wife and kids and nobody cares.

Lord Twisted posted:

The grenade was actually not a bad creator of drama. The group were tight and competent, doing everything with no problems... Until cockface mcgee decided to do something thick.

It wasn't even that stupid. He had never encountered armored zombies before, he hadn't learned the stab them up the stab them up the jaw under the helmet trick that everyone who was at the prison knows.

Boner Zone
Jan 14, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo

euphronius posted:

He was using an ax not a mace.

Goons.

lol he definitely had a mace dude, or he picked up a random object that just so happened to work exactly like one.

it looked homemade and pretty janky, he was using the handle after the ball broke off

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Looked like a flail to me.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

FlamingLiberal posted:

This show really does have a habit of doing a bunch of character stuff for the black guys right before they get killed (Oscar, T-Dog, Bob, Tyreese, Noah). It's uncanny.

When the episode opened with Noah, I think we all knew what was coming.

Another rough season to be a black protagonist in the zombie apocalypse.

Gazaar
Mar 23, 2005

.txt
The flail Abraham had looked like it was a metal caged halogen light on a chain or something.

Remy Marathe
Mar 15, 2007

_________===D ~ ~ _\____/

Some sort of sharp blade on a stick.

Boner Zone
Jan 14, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo

MeLKoR posted:

Looked like a flail to me.

that's the proper term i guess, i've heard flails referred to as maces before though

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Gazaar posted:

The flail Abraham had looked like it was a metal caged halogen light on a chain or something.
Yeah it was one of those construction lights.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Boner Zone posted:

that's the proper term i guess, i've heard flails referred to as maces before though
I think the difference is that a mace doesn't have a chain, the weight is directly attached to the shaft.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

boom boom boom posted:

He wasn't just projecting, he was also inadvertently talking about Alexandria.He goes on and on about the devil looking like a good thing, the same episode is all about how the apparently perfect Alexandria has a standing rule that if anybody so much as stubs their toe you leave them to die, and the doctor beats his wife and kids and nobody cares.

It wasn't even that stupid. He had never encountered armored zombies before, he hadn't learned the stab them up the stab them up the jaw under the helmet trick that everyone who was at the prison knows.

Yeah they cant even infect you. They have gloves on and the facemask stops the biting.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Just caught up with this week's episode. Loved every minute of it.

The two deaths were so very "Savini"esque and I thought they were wonderful.

Gabe is a dick. Carol is cool. Rick is going to go Nuclear at some point. Glenn is going to layeth some smacketh down. Good on Eugene, for finally being useful. Glad to see Maggie overhearing stuff.

All in all, great episode. Bonus points for the deaths. It was nice to see the Disembowel death by zombie make a comeback. That gruesome Noah death was icing on the blood cake. I liked his character, but meh.

Is it next Sunday yet?

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

The "This is the beginning" shot at the end...right in the feels

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
My knight on a wondrous stallion

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Oh yes, I almost forgot.

MOTHERDICKERS!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Please screencap Abe weapon

Steve Shultz
Jul 6, 2007
The ELIJAH LIST, spamming your inbox for the lord.
I really enjoyed that we got to see Eugene being useful and heroic without him suddenly being super competent and graceful. Also I'm so glad he is still rocking the shorts. May he never leave us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tellah
Aug 8, 2014

euphronius posted:

Please screencap Abe weapon

It was black and blue

• Locked thread