Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

srb
Jul 24, 2007
KV-4 has no way of doing it, way too soft.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

It has to be done in a tank that can routinely see and bounce poorly aimed shots from E-100s and tier 10 TDs, nothing else will rack up the bounced damage fast enough

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

VKb is hilariously broken. I watched Soulfucker take almost 9k bounced damage in his yesterday. A platoon of 2, with me following in an E75 was like some sort of retarded ball of death rolling round the field.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

Hellsau posted:

Found an extremely poor player in World of Tanks.

http://wotlabs.net/na/player/SgtMeenderink

I know what you're thinking - a bad player in World of Tanks? Impossible! But this is not a bot - he challenged me to a 1v1. I went in with my Comet against his Super P and killed him without taking a damage. We were on Mittengard.

He has 1800 games in the Super P and a 41% winrate in it. He was playing the Super P because he was out of money. He has no tanks beyond tier 5. Guess his Super P's average damage: 0242

Actually that's not bad for someone who foams at the mouth, plays with their feet and has to wear a football helmet so they don't hurt themselves.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
I got mine on Fjords east spawn, drove to the south point and hull downed my IS-7 behind some small bump then had 4 enemies ping me for 5 minutes until my team collapsed and I got owned from behind. Still not sure how they failed to win that while I occupied 4 tier10s solo.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
hosed around with the AMX 30b on the test server, and I have mixed feelings about it.

I really do like the tank, but I was expecting it to accelerate a little bit quicker.
Accuracy and aim time is fantastic, when it gets up to speed it can quickly navigate around maps with not that much loss of its accuracy.
Tumor is a non-issue.
It's French.

AMX 30 is basically the 30b but with 2 second longer reload. It is the same tank but with slightly shitter soft stats.

I will definitely go up the tree to get it, both of the tanks are fantastic. It is a little upsetting though that they have such mediocre acceleration.

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe

Burt posted:

VKb is hilariously broken. I watched Soulfucker take almost 9k bounced damage in his yesterday. A platoon of 2, with me following in an E75 was like some sort of retarded ball of death rolling round the field.

It's got my highest average XP per game currently, above stuff with an actual XP modifier like the Churchill III or KV-5. The armor on the thing is completely obscene what with being able to just frontally push everything without a care in the world, so of course WG are letting it be in 9.7 in order to focus on nerfing the real threat: medium tanks!

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!

Mesadoram posted:

hosed around with the AMX 30b on the test server, and I have mixed feelings about it.

I really do like the tank, but I was expecting it to accelerate a little bit quicker.
Accuracy and aim time is fantastic, when it gets up to speed it can quickly navigate around maps with not that much loss of its accuracy.
Tumor is a non-issue.
It's French.

AMX 30 is basically the 30b but with 2 second longer reload. It is the same tank but with slightly shitter soft stats.

I will definitely go up the tree to get it, both of the tanks are fantastic. It is a little upsetting though that they have such mediocre acceleration.

anything fun in the low to mid tier? I can't find stats on them the new tanks

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Mauser posted:

anything fun in the low to mid tier? I can't find stats on them the new tanks

Rita has a post on it:
http://ritastatusreport.blogspot.nl/2015/03/my-097-new-vehicle-impressions.html

TL:DR: They are ok.

Rita posted:

Developers decided NOT to implement the penetration nerf in 9.7. It will come together with gold ammo nerf in one of the upcoming patches.

Ah huh. To the surprise of no one.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Hows the AMX 30 compared to the STB?

frood
Aug 26, 2000
Nevermind.
I know there are multiple Caernervon lover here, so tell me: what makes you love this tank so much? Granted, I'm playing with the second gun, but really it feels like a fat slow slightly more armored medium and not the fantastic tank you guys all talk about. Looking at the stats on the last gun vs this gun I guess it's got fantastic aim time but when I'm still only doing 240 damage every 7 seconds who cares?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

frood posted:

I know there are multiple Caernervon lover here, so tell me: what makes you love this tank so much? Granted, I'm playing with the second gun, but really it feels like a fat slow slightly more armored medium and not the fantastic tank you guys all talk about. Looking at the stats on the last gun vs this gun I guess it's got fantastic aim time but when I'm still only doing 240 damage every 7 seconds who cares?

You basically play like an annoying rear end in a top hat, find a nice juicy hill you can play peek and poke with your turret. Stop just long enough to fire a shot and then go back down. The aimtime makes it so you are hardly exposed for very long and even if you take a shot to your turret you have a pretty high chance of bouncing the shot.

I had a horrible winrate of like 48% with the second gun but once I got the top gun my winrate was like 65-70% from then on.

Arty loves to gently caress with you though since even a splash shot near your side will gently caress you up. Oh and you are huge and easy to hit.

BadLlama fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Mar 16, 2015

Refried Noodle
Feb 23, 2012

Mesadoram posted:

Ah huh. To the surprise of no one.

Seems much more reasonable? Only nerfing regular ammo pen was weird.

SARSfest
Oct 28, 2010

I like where this is going.
Time for Carny talk!

Its upper hull is on par with a Tiger 2, its gun handles smoothly and the aim time is flash. It has amazing gun depression and a fairly sturdy turret that never has to be shown to the enemy for longer than 2 seconds before retreating behind a hill.
It's a very cooperative tank that you never have to wrestle with to get it to do anything. Also it has thin spaced armor along its sides which, when combined with the giant loving treads it has riding up the side of the tank, eats HEAT rounds like they were explicitly designed for that function.

Obvious cons: Potato cannon alpha, uncompetitive dpm, fatfuck mobility, arty magnet, lovely side armor, a LFP made of tinfoil and ammo rack,
Pros: Comfy drive, enough armor to bully tier 8 heavies, extremely cooperative gun, not intimidating enough to get focus fired, HEAT fucker side armor, it's too slow to get me into trouble (I am a moron who should stop driving mediums).

edit: I am a retarded coin flipper who can't get above a 52% win rate, but for some nebulous reason unexplained by man or god, the Carny has been blessed with magic limey winrate powers.

edit 2: gross misuse of apostrophe.

SARSfest fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Mar 16, 2015

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Refried Noodle posted:

Seems much more reasonable? Only nerfing regular ammo pen was weird.

If they do a nerf like that it needs to be universal, balancing of pen across all tiers for ALL ammo. Nerfing only silver for that time was a great way to set off a firestorm though.

srb
Jul 24, 2007
Wow, the game is completely unplayable tonight for some reason.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

srb posted:

Yeah these guys are more insufferable than the alpha testers. And that's saying something. Tunnel-vision is at an all-time high too (dude the CA that you're literally colliding with in 10 seconds is more important than the DD 9 km away!).

e: jesus still not the boat thread. i'm gonna double-check from now on. i totally believe you that tanks is terrible on mondays though!

Prav fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Mar 16, 2015

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

This was sort of depressing. It didn't feel like an especially good game for me, more of a 'everything is falling apart, let's do what we can and hope it doesn't last too long' thing. What with our eastern flank being entirely useless - check out those WZs. But the T-34-3, the LTTB and myself were doing quite well on our flank. I even took out the enemy T32 almost entirely on my own. But I feel especially bad for that LTTB. He did really, really well. Ehhhhh.

e: this is seriously turning into one of those nights

R. Mute fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Mar 17, 2015

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

I don't really like the M103 the armor just isn't there when you need it and that huge soft turret might as well be a catchers mitt for arty :(.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Not a remarkably good game from me, especially considering the games I lost just before this one. But one thing stood out. I couldn't get a clear screenshot of it, but you can see it if you look closely.

No?

Imagine me side-scraping behind that rock, but really, I didn't even need to do that. I was on 190 hp for most of that fight, but once it came to them rounding the corner, they didn't hit a single shot. I mean, yeah, they were two KV-1, a KV-85 and a T29, but literally a single shot from any of them could've killed me. They had literal minutes to kill me, because I had trouble placing my shots through all the smoke and the wreckages. But they kindly just drove out and gave me their sides. Far, far too common.

I was afraid we were going to lose that match too. It finally came down to that SU-152 against the remaining players on my team and I swear to god. That T-43 charged him head-on, tracked him and then bumped into his front. And instead of just steering and moving to his side, it took three shots bouncing off of the SU's front before he thought of trying his sides. The SU, meanwhile, couldn't hit the T-43 at point blank range.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

frood posted:

The Caernervon could be so much better if they shaved a bit more time off the reload. 7s reload for that gun is just lovely. It has a lot of positives and I'm finally making it work for me, but I don't really like it.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I am a bad man, and also a bully.

Russians rule.

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.
A week plus one day ago today I logged on to WoT to see 7 days of premium left. I played a few good games and helped my stats despite the dismal tide of utter shitbags who should be euthanized. The next day my apartment building burned to the ground and took everything I owned. And I got down on my knees and thanked Allah for bringing me the fire for it freed me from the burden of this game which will be, Inshallah, itself burned to the ground one day.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Overwined posted:

A week plus one day ago today I logged on to WoT to see 7 days of premium left. I played a few good games and helped my stats despite the dismal tide of utter shitbags who should be euthanized. The next day my apartment building burned to the ground and took everything I owned. And I got down on my knees and thanked Allah for bringing me the fire for it freed me from the burden of this game which will be, Inshallah, itself burned to the ground one day.

You're welcome.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

http://wotreplays.eu/site/1714661?secret=32096e0ac00a7665211f2e49e576c542

Watch that replay, not for how my platoon did (quite well), but for that Hellcat. Notice the first thing I say, and then the after-battle results.... :psyboom:

Then there was this guy, a 48%er who was going to ban me because my FV304 "fired too fast" (>11 seconds). :laffo: I dutifully await my permaban. :smith:

srb
Jul 24, 2007
I rebought the Panzer IIIA and played it for 15 games or so. It is arguably the worst tank in the game. Avoid!

I have now rebought the Panzer III. Gonna grind out the 3/4 on it. Last time I had it: 39 games, 44% win rate, 151 average damage.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Atomizer posted:

Watch that replay, not for how my platoon did (quite well), but for that Hellcat. Notice the first thing I say, and then the after-battle results.... :psyboom:

Then there was this guy, a 48%er who was going to ban me because my FV304 "fired too fast" (>11 seconds). :laffo: I dutifully await my permaban. :smith:

HALT! Criminal scum.

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

Atomizer posted:

And of course, it's someone named after his MOS and unit.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Top of the morning to you, you drunk fucks!

Anyone else get their ~special~ emblem already?

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

Missing Name posted:

Top of the morning to you, you drunk fucks!

Anyone else get their ~special~ emblem already?

I have so many special emblems, I've lost count. What is this one for?

Rothmog
Jul 26, 2011
So my day on tanks yesterday was filled with most bad teams than normal. I might have one or two other green players and single yellow with all the rest blood red. While the other team had as many reds as we had non-reds.

23 Battles
26% WR
2355 WN8 (and there were some lovely matches in there to drop that)

SRB was in one of the games with his T69. Their Conq GC did 4500dmg in under 5 minutes, I did 3500 in the FV4202. No one else in the game broke 2k dmg.

Multiple games I had over 3k in my STA-1 and the next highest on my team was 1500dmg.

It was a day that really tested my patience. I even played some WoT Generals to get the lovely taste out of my mouth. Can some of the decent players get off boats and come back to play tanks?

Rothmog fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Mar 17, 2015

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

Ensign Expendable posted:

I have so many special emblems, I've lost count. What is this one for?
Finish in the top 10 exp on your team for a win and you get a shamrock emblem.

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

Rothmog posted:

So my day on tanks yesterday was filled with most bad teams than normal. I might have one or two other green players and single yellow with all the rest blood red. While the other team had as many reds as we had non-reds.

23 Battles
26% WR
2355 WN8 (and there was some lovely matches in there to drop that)

SRB was in one of the games with his T69. Their Conq GC did 4500dmg in under 5 minutes, I did 3500 in the FV4202. No one else in the game broke 2k dmg.

Multiple games I had over 3k in my STA-1 and the next highest on my team was 1500dmg.

It was a day that really tested my patience. I even played some WoT Generals to get the lovely taste out of my mouth. Can some of the decent players get off boats and come back to play tanks?
I think it was a 'thing' yesterday. I had a similar experience. I went 3/12 (25%) with a WN8 of 2620 before I gave up on the night.

You can lead a pubbie to water but you can't make him drink.

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

A janitor cleans the bathroom

Muldoon

Uranium 235 posted:

but thats impossible! i'll never be able to get it :(

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

Atal Vataman posted:

but thats impossible! i'll never be able to get it :(
yeah only warpackers and stat padders will get the reward :( stupid wargaming

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

It's more difficult to get than HT-15 :saddowns:

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

Hey baby I think we Havel lot in common

srb posted:

I logged in last night and just couldn't bother to push 'battle.'

I need...I need to do a 3 man B2 platoon. Like, play in a B2 platoon for like 20 games straight and just own poo poo in ridiculous ways, game after game. If anybody else wants to do this, hit me up later after I get done washing the 1-inch layer of pollen off my car (yay Florida swamp) and fixing the fence so the girl living in my garage doesn't have to worry about her cat getting out of the yard at night.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

B Tooooooooooooooooooooo

B2 owns.

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

Uranium 235 posted:

My tanks look like a leprechaun jizzed all over them. Trying to decide on how long I want to earn shamrocks before I go get drunk :cheers:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

I got the JgTiger 8.8 recently, friend gifted it to me.

I just have to ask: What in the flying gently caress are people DOING in this thing? This is one of the easiest, most simple vehicles I've ever played, and in less than 50 games I've broken more average damage than 50% of the playerbase, and that's assuming my other 50ish games are all zeros. And this is coming from a person that has played an excessive amount of the T29 and Type 59, both pretty loving easy vehicles to learn and use.

I mean for fucks sake, I'm not even all that great at tank destroyers, but there's no part of this machine that's bad, except maybe, MAYBE the turning rate, which considering the armor and the amount of bounces I've been able to do with even a little sidescraping, I can live with a lowish turn rate.

I just, I can't wrap my head around it. It's not like this is an autoloader or a scout or anything complicated, you just find a little bit of cover, and hold left click and watch everything get DPM'd into dust. How is that hard to understand?