Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
The banter in the parasite eve lp is fun and all but the gameplay is incredibly boring and uninteresting, i guess a lot of ppl agree cus the views on those videos are pretty low.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wordnumber
Jan 13, 2015
The RPG videos in general have consistently been the ones with the least views, likely because the gameplay is kind of dry and they're long as hell. Even Yakuza 4 wound up being relatively unpopular by the end and it's barely an RPG.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Yeah, I don't watch the long RPG videos, because they eventually run out of stuff to talk about, and, like Wordnumber said, it gets really dry and dull by the end.

I am 100% down for a Zone of the Enders episode though :allears;

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
I can only stick with RPG LPs for the long haul if it's a game I'm personally interested in or have a history with. Mario RPG was my childhood and Chrono Trigger is my favorite game so those were no-brainers, but I admit I got kinda bored with Parasite Eve after 7 or 8 videos.

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS
Funny you guys are saying that, because I usually can't stand to play through an RPG game but yet I love watching LP's of them. I played about ten minutes total of Chrono Trigger myself but I watched the Best Friends LP in like three sittings.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
i've been able to keep up on the parasite eve videos

the dark souls ones i was able to watch until like episode 70

i am the 1%

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Yeah I voiced I was having trouble with Parasite Eve earlier and each time I start one I end up pausing it halfway through and checking out something else. The game isn't really funny or awesome or anything. It's just kinda boring.

Likewise I can't really get into Madworld, not saying anything on the quality of the LP or game but the few episodes I saw I just kinda got bored and found some stuff kind of hard to keep track of with the black/white artstyle.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I hope they only do ZOE2 because the dialogue in that game is all so dumb (it's also prob the hypest mech game ever made, moreso than metal wolf chaos imhp but ZOE2's my personal #1 fav game ever made so I'm biased).

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I'm still following Parasite Eve, but at this point I'm just there for the weird tangents Pat and Woolie get into when the game gets too dry and there are multiple lulls.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.
Parasite Eve is good for playing in the background and occasionally tabbing back to when something interesting happens in the game.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
i don't understand people who watch games for the actual gameplay outside of funny things that happen during commentary

i rarely have the video up for sbfp lps, and the worst ones are the ones with strictly game discussion, which is kinda why i dislike fisticuffs. but... that's just my opinion.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Most of the fisticuffs videos aren't even game discussion. There's like some game discussion and the rest of the video is them talking about the lore of the fighting game, the characters, and then there was awkward stand poo poo Woolie forced into the JoJo one.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1U9ghZ2QQTk more mechweek

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

hubris.height posted:

i don't understand people who watch games for the actual gameplay outside of funny things that happen during commentary

i rarely have the video up for sbfp lps, and the worst ones are the ones with strictly game discussion, which is kinda why i dislike fisticuffs. but... that's just my opinion.

Why not just stick to the podcast at that point

E: Oh dang, Hawken. I liked that game back when it was being patched, had a consistent community and the devs had some money.

At least the co-op is still fun.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

Nerded the gently caress out at the opening music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVJ85kttgA4

Richie's Gundam covers are way better than Andrew W.K., I'll fight anyone who disagrees.

Silentman0 fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Mar 17, 2015

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Andrew WK is my husbando.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

hubris.height posted:

Because video games are cool and people like them??

Weird concept I know

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Improbable Lobster posted:

Why not just stick to the podcast at that point

i enjoy the comraderie of them and listening to them crack wise w/ each other and about the game, but rarely is there anything going on in the game i need to see.

TriffTshngo posted:

Because video games are cool and people like them??

Weird concept I know

i don't think you read my post cause i wasn't saying that watching games is dumb or anything

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

Silentman0 posted:

Nerded the gently caress out at the opening music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVJ85kttgA4

Richie's Gundam covers are way better than Andrew W.K., I'll fight anyone who disagrees.

It's a better song but the Andrew W.K. stuff is kinda amazing because it actually keeps the original lyric's general feeling/tone while still working as a song in english.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
also honestly, i get bored with music at work

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

hubris.height posted:

i don't think you read my post cause i wasn't saying that watching games is dumb or anything

hubris.height posted:

i don't understand people who watch games for the actual gameplay

I mean forgive me if you meant something else but that kind of sounds like what you're saying.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
the point of my post was that i don't personally watch for the gameplay or understand doing so. i was not being condescending, which you seem to have felt was implied. my apologies.

the commentary has always been the draw, and lobster is right, its basically a daily 30m mini-podcast over video games for me.

Wordnumber
Jan 13, 2015
I've actually really liked the Parasite Eve playthrough because dry jrpg gameplay is incredibly my poo poo, although I understand why people get tired of it. These last few episodes of them walking up and down this museum for optional stuff they really don't need have driven me up the wall a bit, though.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Wordnumber posted:

I've actually really liked the Parasite Eve playthrough because dry jrpg gameplay is incredibly my poo poo, although I understand why people get tired of it. These last few episodes of them walking up and down this museum for optional stuff they really don't need have driven me up the wall a bit, though.

poo poo Dark Souls II must have literally killed you then.

fake edit: begone you loving ghost.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

hubris.height posted:

the point of my post was that i don't personally watch for the gameplay or understand doing so. i was not being condescending, which you seem to have felt was implied. my apologies.

the commentary has always been the draw, and lobster is right, its basically a daily 30m mini-podcast over video games for me.

I was mostly referring to the general act of watching a video game being played, not necessarily the Best Friends' videos exclusively. There's plenty of people who put much more focus on the game and draw their commentary from that as opposed to just gabbing about whatever tangentially related thing until something interesting happens (which sounds derisive I guess but I don't mean it like that). Both approaches are valid and obviously different people look for different stuff. I like a mix of both, personally.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

New podcast is up!
http://superbestfriendsplay.com/podcast/sbfc-084-should-i-stop-masturbating/
Preview vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CE8ptT4B5Ds

holy christ that is a bad theme

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
I really like the Xenoblade X battle theme but Woolie has it right when he says that the game is like an 80 hour game and I don't think that theme will last through the entire game.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
I didn't know who Spider-Gwen was when I saw that Platinum tweet, so I looked her up and holy poo poo, that it the coolest Spider-Man costume I've ever seen.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I wonder if the guys know that Spider-Man is pretty much the origin of Kamen Rider and other tokusatsu shows in a lot of ways

e: I realize now that sounds super condescending and I totally didn't mean it like that

Blockhouse fucked around with this message at 11:52 on Mar 17, 2015

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/03/16/hawken-owned-apb-reloaded-devs/

Well, at least Hawken might get better in the future. Hopefully they can keep the art consistent when they start adding stuff.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
For someone who usually doesn't play PC games Matt did waaaay better in his first time at Hawken than I did.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Oh god, another big announcement hours after a new podcast, Nintendo doing mobile stuff and announcing a mysterious new console.

I really hope the new console is actually called the 'NX'

XTREEEME

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

Holy poo poo, Liam is really good at Hotline Miami 2, he made that first room of Final Cut look easy.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

You know it's a good podcast when Liam says something that everybody agrees with, but in a really weird and argumentative way that makes Pat angry.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Liam states his opinions like an aging housewife does, in this weird fast-talking tone that sounds condescending no matter what he's actually saying.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Dammit I had that same idea for a zombie story... So much for that. I'm not gonna get called out for ripping off ABCs of Death 2.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
There you have it, folks: Ori and the Blind Forest is so good that Pat is having doubts about the game so far and he hates himself because of it. He needs to stick with it, unlock the rest of the abilities, and then criticize the movement/jumping.

I just want to shout from the rooftops about how phenomenal Ori is.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

Here's the Phantom Pain save transfer thing they were talking about.

Be sure to preorder your copy on the PS3 today!

Mesothelioma
Jan 6, 2009

Your favorite mineral related cancer!
yo what is this track at the end of the podcast? It loving kills

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

Mesothelioma posted:

yo what is this track at the end of the podcast? It loving kills

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFfybn_W8Ak