Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost

corn in the bible posted:

game will still be poo poo though
The mod also has an option to either halve or double the grind speed, so there's that too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Judging from the amount of damage it did to take down that Behemoth, it looks like they just made it flat-out impossible to beat unless you use the summon to instantly win? That's kinda lame.

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!
It's a demo, there's absolutely no telling that's how they even intend for it to play out in the full retail version.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Augus posted:

Judging from the amount of damage it did to take down that Behemoth, it looks like they just made it flat-out impossible to beat unless you use the summon to instantly win? That's kinda lame.

The hunt seems to be multi-part. The area the summon took place in was the set-up, if I'm guessing from the stream. The first part succeeded in blinding his right eye, making future attempts easier.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
And from all the sound of it this is just a scripted bit setup for the "demo". The summon can be done anywhere outside, the Behemoth's always had a foggy eye there.

e: 12:01 unlock for those who had codes from retail only I guess. Welp time to do smth else for 15 hours

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Mar 17, 2015

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

I got the impression that the behemoth thing is multi-part, and he just went to call in Ramuh there because it was the fastest way to get his rear end kicked to do the summon

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

If you have FFT0's code FFXV is available to download now. I just finished downloading it.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!
Yeah, some people are streaming it now. My stupid Type-0 probably won't arrive for another four or five days... sigh.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Motto posted:

Wonder how summons are limited. Would be kind of odd if you could just let yourself get pounded in any battle for a dozen free 9999 hits everywhere.

There doesn't seem to be a real limit to how many times you perform it per battle. However, you get 0 experience and no loot from the enemies.

You also can't summon indoors, since uh yeah.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Summons could make the indoors into outdoors.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Level Slide posted:

Summons could make the indoors into outdoors.

I'm pretty sure Ramuh could make any indoors into outdoors if he had a mind to it.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

is type 0 gonna be on the PSN store?

.Ataraxia.
Apr 3, 2007

I think my NES is broken....
Soooo when the heck am I gonna be able to buy this from the PlayStation store. This isn't 2005...

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Flavahbeast posted:

is type 0 gonna be on the PSN store?

I guess it won't show up until tomorrow store update. Demo is neat, but I am honestly excited to play Type-0. Still think $60 is a bit much for it, but at least the Best Buy GCU took ten bucks off of it.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Dragonatrix posted:

Gotta tick another box on the "things from D&D we haven't stolen yet."

Nothing can really top FF1's magic system being D&D's with an 8-bit coat of paint on it. You even had Mage, Cleric, and Mage/Cleric as your caster choices.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Haha, what

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Varance posted:

The mod also has an option to either halve or double the grind speed, so there's that too.

Unless the mod can make it not be Final Fantasy III it's still going to be a poo poo game though.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

Haha, what

Well that's just smart design. If you left the exploding hearts in there they would cause all sorts of damage.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
The music in 15 really reminds me of Skyrim.

Even the battle music with the chanting is reminiscent of the dragon battle theme.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

hmmm, i'm having a lot of trouble pulling off some of Sabin's moves on the Vita (and this is the platform i'm stuck on since this is a bus game, mostly) are there any ways to sort of make that easier to do

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Rei_ posted:

hmmm, i'm having a lot of trouble pulling off some of Sabin's moves on the Vita (and this is the platform i'm stuck on since this is a bus game, mostly) are there any ways to sort of make that easier to do

I haven't used a Vita, but traditionally instead of doing rotation moves like down to forward, you could also do Down Down Forward. So the half circle for fire dance would be Left Left Down Down Right.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

Rei_ posted:

You don't have to actually hit the diagonals if I remember right, just the cardinal directions. For example if the move is down, down-forward, forward attack, just hit down, down and then forward instead of trying to roll your thumb on the d-pad. I remember learning that and it made Sabins moves super easy.

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Evil Fluffy posted:

Nothing can really top FF1's magic system being D&D's with an 8-bit coat of paint on it. You even had Mage, Cleric, and Mage/Cleric as your caster choices.

That last one is a Bard, actually :colbert:

Rei_
May 16, 2004

alright, awesome! I've been rolling with Cyan, Sabin, Celes and Locke because swords, suplexes, fire and CRIME are my jam

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Edit: wrong thread.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
Type 0 seems neat so far. A pretty nice opening sequence. I can definitely see why someone earlier recommended ranged always though.

Edit: They also weren't lying about how bad the VA is.

Failboattootoot fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Mar 17, 2015

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Failboattootoot posted:

Type 0 seems neat so far. A pretty nice opening sequence. I can definitely see why someone earlier recommended ranged always though.

Edit: They also weren't lying about how bad the VA is.

King is seriously kind of OP.

You might look at his reload thing and think it's a frustrating limitation but A) you can dodge cancel out of the reload animation and still reload and B) you get a skill fairly quickly which allows you to shoot while reloading. So he just kind of has no downsides.

Mischitary
Oct 9, 2007
I have a huge tolerance for mediocre VA so I doubt it'll bother me too much. I'm playing through FFX right now, and despite the VA being incredibly awful I'd still say it has the best story in a Final Fantasy game.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Evil Fluffy posted:

FF1 took a wee bit more then just magic from D&D

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

ImpAtom posted:

B) you get a skill fairly quickly which allows you to shoot while reloading. So he just kind of has no downsides.

lol That owns, I wish more games got released on a Tuesday here waiting til Friday for Type0 sucks.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

Mischitary posted:

I have a huge tolerance for mediocre VA so I doubt it'll bother me too much. I'm playing through FFX right now, and despite the VA being incredibly awful I'd still say it has the best story in a Final Fantasy game.

okay let's not say things we can't take back

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru

quote:

Square Enix president Yosuke Matsuda teased a “considerable amount of high-end games” for the company’s fiscal 2015, including a Japanese RPG “surprise.”

“For fiscal 2015, I think we have a considerable amount of high-end games both inside and outside the country,” Matsuda told Nikkei Trendy. “Starting with Final Fantasy XV, we’ll be putting out news for Japanese RPGs.”

Matsuda continued, “I think we’ll have a little surprise, too,” before clarifying he’s referring to “a JRPG for home game machine(s).”

Square Enix’s personal resolution for fiscal year 2015, according to Matsuda, is “a box of surprises.” This apparently refers to how well the company can deliver in terms of releasing surprising and interesting works.

“With respect to HD titles for 2015, our Japanese and Western studios are both bolstering their lineups considerably, so it’d be wise to keep an eye on them,” Matsuda concluded.

Read more at http://gematsu.com/2015/03/square-enix-president-teases-jrpg-surprise-for-fiscal-2015#dU4SlAzHT4x8Aopv.99

http://gematsu.com/2015/03/square-enix-president-teases-jrpg-surprise-for-fiscal-2015

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Mischitary posted:

Type-0 doesn't. It splits its attention across 14 characters and none of them really get to shine outside of the gameplay. It then focuses on Rem and Machina, the two new recruits, who are the least interesting ones in the whole cast. I will say the broader story is really fun and cool - it's basically all about hilariously large scale nuclear escalation, and the cutscenes are presented in the form a war documentary. That stuff is really neat, it's a shame the character stories are kind of a mess or basically non-existent.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

One of those high-end games will be the FF7 PS4 port they haven't released yet, lol.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

I hope the surprise is the DQXI announcement.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Rei_ posted:

FFX does have the best story, that's just not a very high bar to pass.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I dunno, FFXII's story is really good. Well, it's dragged down by the usual Ivalice game "oh poo poo, I guess we need a final boss" moment towards the end, but I still like it a lot.

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru

Levantine posted:

I hope the surprise is the DQXI announcement.

It could be FFXII HD. Distant Worlds will be at E3. Hitoshi Sakimoto will be attending.

It could also be the FFVIII PC port for PS4.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Harrow posted:

I dunno, FFXII's story is really good.

FFXII's story is barely there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mischitary
Oct 9, 2007

Rei_ posted:

No, it definitely does. I like how Yuna's fake cheerfulness in light of her basically marching to her own death in order to bring everyone else happiness reflects how culturally it's expected for women to put other's happiness before their own constantly.

It also has one of the most unique settings I've ever experienced in a game. Just got to the farplane yesterday, and it's still mindblowing how beautiful that place is.