Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Spooky Bear Ghost posted:

*mike rowe voice* Tonight, on here comes honey boo boo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 366 days!

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

riker left the holodeck running:

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
sxsw

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

all bvathrooms should be unisex.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

what

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO
ah yes the good old days of the grape space rape ape

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

I'm glad people have stopped oppressing restrooms

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

i seriously loving love incomprehensible comics

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

I'm glad people have stopped oppressing restrooms

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

i didnt know ur mom knows heathcliff

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/indian-bride-walked-out-of-wedding-after-groom-failed-to-answer-maths-problem-10106785.html

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

that's some pretty advanced karate

theflyingexecutive posted:

i didnt know ur mom knows heathcliff

:(

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

http://danscartoons.com/tag/computer/

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

still more comprehensible than comp-u-toon

Deacon of Delicious
Aug 20, 2007

I bet the twist ending is Dracula's dick-babies
wow something even more nonsensical than comp-u-toon

edit: i disagree :mad:

Tangra
May 1, 2008

Rrrreligion?

It's the catnip of the purrrrrrrrletariat

Mad about your :10bux: ?

:haw:

Valeyard posted:

john green can suck my dick

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

someone jazz this rear end in a top hat out of a loving cannon for sending me this poo poo

I'll be super excited about it. woot.

gently caress yo

The Crash Course on History was funny as poo poo, but they push that tipping site way too hard

I am subscribed, but they don't have my email :smuggo:

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Toady posted:
While toying around with the art book code and poem/etc. composition, I thought I'd see what happens to an entire form created by an artist mid-world-generation when the only way the form can be passed around is between teachers, students and troupe members. Most of these non-civ forms tend to stay within a single troupe, but sometimes they break out. For instance, in a 200 year small world, we had a human from a hamlet named Usmen decide to run away from home and study goblin poetry. I guess he was troubled by their society, because it wasn't too many years before he introduced a new form of poetry in the year 106: a poetic narrative intended to teach a moral lesson. He and his master Zom Frothhate joined up with a few more goblins and founded the Tan Flies, and Usmen taught the whole group the new poetic form. A hundred years later, forty years after Usmen died of old age, the eight current members of the Tan Flies are still teaching moral lessons to their goblin buddies.

They aren't the only ones though -- back in 113, not long after moral poetry was introduced, one of the founding Tan Flies named Stasost Tongsdemons left the group to go study elven poetry under Narena Packedman, a renowned poet who had over twenty-five students and several major works over a century of activity. After a brief apprenticeship, Stasost went on to have five students of her own before becoming a noble ruling over some goblin pits in 131. Two of these students, Aslot Hatedtangle and Stasost Profaneace, were taught the moral lesson poetic form around the year 120. Stasost Profaneace is still alive, now traveling with the venerable Blockaded Horns troupe (founded in 35), though she has not yet successfully passed on the moral lesson form (her only apprentice to date was murdered).

The other student of Tongsdemons, Aslot, was a one-armed murderous goblin farmer in the pits before becoming a poet at age one hundred eleven, studying under the future Lady for twelve years until she assumed rulership. Aslot was murdered in 162, but he had many students of his own and one of them, a human named Atek Housetactics was deemed worthy of the moral lesson form. Atek was born in 130, 24 years after the invention of moral lesson poetry, and learned the form in the year 150. After losing several apprentices to the perils of goblin living, Atek managed to keep the goblin Osta Wererock alive long enough to pass along the knowledge. They founded a troupe together called the Holy Points and are still performing. Several new members have joined up, so there's hope that moral lesson poetry will continue to spread.

Tangra
May 1, 2008

Rrrreligion?

It's the catnip of the purrrrrrrrletariat

Mad about your :10bux: ?

:haw:

rasis

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

Toady posted:
While toying around with the art book code and poem/etc. composition, I thought I'd see what happens to an entire form created by an artist mid-world-generation when the only way the form can be passed around is between teachers, students and troupe members. Most of these non-civ forms tend to stay within a single troupe, but sometimes they break out. For instance, in a 200 year small world, we had a human from a hamlet named Usmen decide to run away from home and study goblin poetry. I guess he was troubled by their society, because it wasn't too many years before he introduced a new form of poetry in the year 106: a poetic narrative intended to teach a moral lesson. He and his master Zom Frothhate joined up with a few more goblins and founded the Tan Flies, and Usmen taught the whole group the new poetic form. A hundred years later, forty years after Usmen died of old age, the eight current members of the Tan Flies are still teaching moral lessons to their goblin buddies.

They aren't the only ones though -- back in 113, not long after moral poetry was introduced, one of the founding Tan Flies named Stasost Tongsdemons left the group to go study elven poetry under Narena Packedman, a renowned poet who had over twenty-five students and several major works over a century of activity. After a brief apprenticeship, Stasost went on to have five students of her own before becoming a noble ruling over some goblin pits in 131. Two of these students, Aslot Hatedtangle and Stasost Profaneace, were taught the moral lesson poetic form around the year 120. Stasost Profaneace is still alive, now traveling with the venerable Blockaded Horns troupe (founded in 35), though she has not yet successfully passed on the moral lesson form (her only apprentice to date was murdered).

The other student of Tongsdemons, Aslot, was a one-armed murderous goblin farmer in the pits before becoming a poet at age one hundred eleven, studying under the future Lady for twelve years until she assumed rulership. Aslot was murdered in 162, but he had many students of his own and one of them, a human named Atek Housetactics was deemed worthy of the moral lesson form. Atek was born in 130, 24 years after the invention of moral lesson poetry, and learned the form in the year 150. After losing several apprentices to the perils of goblin living, Atek managed to keep the goblin Osta Wererock alive long enough to pass along the knowledge. They founded a troupe together called the Holy Points and are still performing. Several new members have joined up, so there's hope that moral lesson poetry will continue to spread.

:raise:

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfectchNtQM

>KILL JESTER:ins:

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

Buglord

Liver Disaster posted:

i had to find a clear sign

b-but that sweet skeleton is beckoning me in further!!

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

jony ive aces posted:

Trust him, he's my friend and is cool

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

jony ive aces posted:

skeletons have never hurt anybody irl, its all lies created by modern media

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Yodzilla posted:

i seriously loving love incomprehensible comics

whats computoon up to

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Liver Disaster posted:

i had to find a clear sign

lol one skelly is giving another a beej and he's giving the thumbs up

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

lol

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

duTrieux. posted:

riker left the holodeck running:

riker's holodick

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

necro tryna get a skelebeezy

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

did she now

good for her

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Trig Discipline posted:

did she now

good for her

You've been in Australia too long

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

Buglord

same

e: you've been in capshaver forums too long :xd:

jony ive aces fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Mar 17, 2015

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

jony ive aces posted:

same

e: you've been in capshaver forums too long :xd:

Ipad noob

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
the police are still dealing with the carnage from shagger visiting japan

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

get me a job in sea-canada new zealand then

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

sometimes when i'm phoneposting i go back and uncorrect the caps/apostrophes/whatever and i wonder what the hell am i doing with my life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

vOv posted:

sometimes when i'm phoneposting i go back and uncorrect the caps/apostrophes/whatever and i wonder what the hell am i doing with my life

fuckin same

• Locked thread