Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Waterfall of Salt posted:

Oh wow, no kidding. Glad to see it still gets support, at least.

Even better, Harpies were a fairly meta deck for a brief period. It's because of Harpies that Divine Wind of Mist Valley got limited on the banlist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Endorph posted:

yeah, these cards are targeted at nostalgic nerds and competitive players who don't care about the show.

the kid-focused cards are the ones that are being shown in arc-v at the moment.

I know i'm a nostalgic nerd and I feel compelled to try yugioh again with these DOMA cards and the Red Eyes support.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Soooooo...uhhh....Arc-V 47...

Sora apparently wasn't kidding when he said he was holding back on Kurosaki before.

Yuri's dragon is a weird glowy purple.

Yuzu met Yugo...then her bracelet teleported them both somewhere.

Meiru freaked out about something and ran away from the group.

Dennis is pretty much evil and is befriending Yuya just to betray him later. He's confirmed to be a part of the Fusion Dimension.

Did I mention Sora completely steals the episode due to being crazy as hell and loving destroys Kurosaki in one turn? Cause he did. Granted, you don't get to see the majority of the duel but it's pretty clear that Kurosaki and Sora are evenly matched...until Sora summons Des Toy Tiger.

Yugo dueled a few of the Obelisk Force that were hunting the LDS' Top Team. OF lost horribly due to their own card effect.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Dexie posted:

Even better, Harpies were a fairly meta deck for a brief period. It's because of Harpies that Divine Wind of Mist Valley got limited on the banlist.

I thought that got banned due to the super-lame safe-zone spam deck that flourished for all of like 2 months?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Xoidanor posted:

I thought that got banned due to the super-lame safe-zone spam deck that flourished for all of like 2 months?

Was Harpie Dancer part of that deck? Because Harpie Dancer is the main reason it got hit, IIRC.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Dexie posted:

Was Harpie Dancer part of that deck? Because Harpie Dancer is the main reason it got hit, IIRC.

Yes, although it was primarily there to bring out the main rear end in a top hat of the deck.

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Mist_Valley_Falcon

This card is the most annoying card in the world combined with Mist Valley, Dancer and Safe-Zone. Free protection and removal forever! :suicide:

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

ThermoPhysical posted:

Soooooo...uhhh....Arc-V 47...
Did you watch it RAW? Because I can't find the subs anywhere.
You're going to get a stomach ache, dude.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He definitely saw it raw. I've been waiting all day for subs even though I know they'd pop up tonight at the earliest.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The Raw was put up only a few hours ago, the sub probably won't be up until midnight or tomorrow morning.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

I always check this twitter on Mondays/Tuesdays: https://twitter.com/monoker0s?s=09
Dude does the MonoSubs releases and they're always the first ones out.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

dogsicle posted:

I always check this twitter on Mondays/Tuesdays: https://twitter.com/monoker0s?s=09

Sweet, thanks!

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Yeah, I used to wait for the subs but then I got impatient. :v:

dogsicle posted:

Didn't know this Twitter existed. Thanks!

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
what happens if I have the wicked avatar on the field and knight of destiny attacks?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Red Suit posted:

what happens if I have the wicked avatar on the field and knight of destiny attacks?

If they're the only monsters on the field and Timaeus the Knight of Destiny attacks The Wicked Avatar:

At the start of the Battle Phase, Timaeus will have 0 attack(? is treated as 0 attack until effects kick in), and the Avatar will have 100 attack, due to it's effect.

Timaeus attacks, his effect triggers, he gains 100 attack. Avatar triggers, he gains 100 attack. Timaeus's effect can only trigger once, so he gets destroyed during damage calculation.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Speaking of the Knights:

quote:

Legendary Knight Critias
Level 8 LIGHT Warrior-Type Special Summon Effect Monster
ATK 2800
DEF 1800
Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned by “Legend of Heart” and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways.
(1) When this card is Special Summoned: You can target 1 face-up Spell/Trap Card; banish that target.
(2) When this card is targeted for an attack: You can target 1 Trap Card in your Graveyard; Set it to your side of the field. It can be activated during the turn it is Set.
Lengendary Knight Hermos
Level 8 LIGHT Warrior-Type Special Summon Effect Monster
ATK 2800
DEF 1800
Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned by “Legend of Heart”, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways.
(1) When this card is Special Summoned: You can target 1 face-up Spell/Trap Card on the field; banish that target.
(2) Once per turn, when this card is targeted for an attack: You can target 1 Effect Monster in your Graveyard; until your next End Phase, this card’s name becomes that same as that monster’s, and gains the same effects.

Holy poo poo. :stare:

Timaeus got the short end of the stick

I'm seriously considering building a Legendary Knight deck.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
I know I ragged on Yugo last episode, but considering his flashbacks to Fusion attacking his dimension, he probably is an actual time-traveler and went after Yuto earlier because he thought he was Yuri.

Somewhat unrelated, I appreciate what Sawatari screentime I can get, but I still can't get over his weird, creepy chuckle.

Strange Quark fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Mar 17, 2015

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Yuzu, Yugo and Sawatari made the episode, hell yeah. The tournament lasting a whole night of people just doing mostly nothing was lame tho, felt like it's only for the sake of making Mitchie stand out more by feeding Yuya, which kinda feels like a death flag, you'd imagine they'd hype him up as a duelist rather than a caretaker if he's going to be a Lancer...

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
WOW. :vince:

Okay, so.

1. Yugo was flashing back to Heartland there. The buildings and poo poo were definitely the same as Zexal's architecture, so that means Yugo was in Heartland for some reason when it got owned.
2. Side-note, Yugo is amazing. He is just the coolest. He's all the best parts of Yusei and Jack combined and I love him so much.
3. Yuri is 2scary. He reminds me of Juudai, but, like, the crazy evil version. Does he share a voice actor with Yuya?
4. Holy poo poo, Sora. I guess he isn't as much of an incompetent retard as I've been telling everybody he is. I assumed the reason Shun lost would be Obelisk Force interfered with the duel or Serena distracted Shun or something, but no, the answer was just "Sora stopped loving around and used the best card in the Frightfur deck." I still wanna know how his rear end stopped from being OTK'd though.
5. Oh yeah, nice job letting Sora live, Yuto. I bet when he's not worried about passing out in a pool of his own blood, Shun's gonna thank you for that. :jerkbag:
6. You'll never win Yuya's heart this way, Mieru. :|
7. Reiji's kind of an rear end in a top hat. He knew the Youth team had no chance against Fusion, but he still sent them out, BASICALLY to their deaths. Shun even said "They're all gonna get slaughtered." but he did it anyway. Dick move, dude. I hope Yuya clobbers you. :( I don't even blame Yuu for pussing out and running away.
8. I liked Olga and Halil. I was kinda hoping they'd stick as Lancers, but boy did they come off pretty incompetent at the end. :rip:

MJeff fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Mar 17, 2015

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

VJeff posted:

2. Side-note, Yugo is amazing. He is just the coolest. He's all the best parts of Yusei and Jack combined and I love him so much.

Yugo breaking out the completely unnecessary bike stunts was the best.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Well, finally finished that Society of Light arc. It... wasn't very good, and the villain ended up being even lamer than I thought when they started making him sympathetic. I also can't think of a single duel I found memorable in that entire arc.

Also laughing at how they completely forgot about Bastian. For a guy that cares about his friends, that was kinda lovely, Jaden. There were a few snippets of what could've been good ideas (Bastian feeling left out, Zane getting slapped with the real world after being told he was perfect at school) but they did absolutely nothing with them.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!

Momomo posted:

Well, finally finished that Society of Light arc. It... wasn't very good, and the villain ended up being even lamer than I thought when they started making him sympathetic. I also can't think of a single duel I found memorable in that entire arc.

Also laughing at how they completely forgot about Bastian. For a guy that cares about his friends, that was kinda lovely, Jaden. There were a few snippets of what could've been good ideas (Bastian feeling left out, Zane getting slapped with the real world after being told he was perfect at school) but they did absolutely nothing with them.

That's pretty much GX in a nutshell. This could have been really cool except it wasn't. It never is.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Momomo posted:

I also can't think of a single duel I found memorable in that entire arc.

You don't remember the quiz show?

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

alcharagia posted:

You don't remember the quiz show?

Or Gradius? Or Froooooooooogs? Or Sattelite OTK? Or the Cyber Dojo? Or Napoleon vs Chronos?!

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Poor Nico. They won't even let him do his job properly!

Yuri was pretty much what we expected him to be, i.e. a sadistic SOB. His dragon, interestingly, does not seem to have the same body type as the other Yus'.
I'm a little salty that Yuzu apparently got her rear end kicked off screen but it was a necessity, given how the narrative is going.
Dennis believes that Yuzu has already been taken to the Fusion Dimension. This may prove to be important.
Shun was defeated and I am happy. I dislike unbeatable, too cool for school characters, and him eating an healthy portion of humble pie will take him down a notch.
Sora did crazy faces and finally used the best Frightfur, so we can assume that his jobbing days are over.
Mieru is as one note as ever and that is all there is to say on the matter.

This cartoon about children's card games almost feels like a spy story, with all the misinformation and plans and factions going on.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Huh. Shun actually lost to Sora. I did not see that one coming. I guess the moral of the Shun/Sora series is don't poo poo-talk your opponents until you've actually defeated them. Shun probably had this coming after underestimating Sora in the early parts of the duel, much like Sora did to him before.

Sora's victory coupled with Yuri's introduction suddenly makes Academia a far more credible threat and even the Obelisk mooks have only been driven off by the Main character and his alt-universe counterparts. Speaking of Yuri, i'm liking him and Yugo a lot. It looks like Yuto was the only clone who ended up without much of a personality and I hope these two stick around for a while before they inevitably get absorbed by Yuya, they're pretty fun. I'm curious as to what's going to happen with Yuzu and Yugo though. By the bracelets established rules it should just teleport them to another part of the city, which means they're still probably going to be in a lot of danger unless Clear Wing ports them away as well. A lot of potentially complicated and interesting stuff is happening in this Card Game Anime. Oh yeah, and RIP Perfectly Ultimate Great Moth guy, you have confused me more than anything else in this show.

Also, I am happy that the LDS trio appeared in Reiji's vision of the group he thinks could be lancers. :)

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

So Im guessing this is their way of dissing non-anime decks.
Screw you Naturia and Prophecy.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

It would be a diss except for the fact that one of them somehow managed to actually summon the Perfectly Ultimate Great Moth. The only monster that is more difficult to summon is Armityle. :stare:

Weevil does not count

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

http://ygorganization.com/movie-2016-teasers-from-the-latest-jump-mag/

Color me disappointed. I was hoping that since the movie takes place after the original series, Yugi would be using his deck from the final arc and not the Pharaoh's monsters, but here's the Dark Magician again. Bummer.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

There is no way there were going to make a Yu-gi-oh! movie with Yugi and not give him his signature monster. The real question is wheter or not they are going to let him use the new summoning methods.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Dexie posted:

Color me disappointed. I was hoping that since the movie takes place after the original series, Yugi would be using his deck from the final arc and not the Pharaoh's monsters, but here's the Dark Magician again. Bummer.

Have we had confirmation that it really is taking place after? I mean Kaiba is still wearing his battle-city outfit in that magazine. :v:

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
I just finished episode 23 and I'm genuinely impressed they managed to make the odd eyes dragon design even uglier with its fusion counterpart.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Dexie posted:

You must be kidding. Dark Magician is Yugi's signature monster, did you seriously believe it wasn't going to keep being so? It was still his signature in GX, far after Atem left this world.

Rigged Death Trap posted:

So Im guessing this is their way of dissing non-anime decks.
Screw you Naturia and Prophecy.

You do remember that we have three important characters wielding Duel Terminal decks, right? Three characters that Reiji thinks of as Lancer candidates, at that, even if one's currently a card.

Xoidanor posted:

Have we had confirmation that it really is taking place after? I mean Kaiba is still wearing his battle-city outfit in that magazine. :v:

If you had clothes that cool, you'd keep wearing them too.

K. Flaps posted:

I just finished episode 23 and I'm genuinely impressed they managed to make the odd eyes dragon design even uglier with its fusion counterpart.

It's okay, Beast-Eyes is a lot better looking. Too bad we'll likely never see it again now that Yuya's embracing Xyz though.

Anyways this episode. Holy poo poo Arc-V does not stop, does it? Yugo bringing some sweet bike moves was awesome, and I like him more in every appearance. Yuri finally got to do something and he definitely comes across as threatening, which is good because the Obelisk Force definitely didn't. Sora beats Shun, thus breaking his unbeatable streak and showing just how dangerous Sora can really be. And Yuzu's now disappeared alongside Yugo, though we can guess they weren't sent to another dimension.

Yugo was in Heartland in his flashbacks, which makes sense. We know he attacked Heartland at some point searching for Rin and fought Yuto, as shown in Yuto's own flashbacks. Considering how Serena talked about the Synchro Dimension while talking about war, we can guess that the Fusion Dimension has not attacked yet, they likely just kidnapped Rin but didn't initiate combat. Considering what we know, I'm willing to bet that Yuri was the one who kidnapped Rin, and Yugo, not knowing more than "some guy who looks like me from another dimension kidnapped the closest person to me", went to the Xyz Dimension and attacked Yuto, confusing him for Yuri.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Dexie posted:

A)I do not like the Blue-Eyes redesign

B)Yugi said, throughout the entire series, that Dark Magician was his favorite card and the one that represented him in that weird duel against Bakura early on, why do you think it's not his signature monster

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
I take my Children's Card game anime very seriously

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
I just hope we get to see Silent Swordsman/Magician at all.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That Blue-Eyes redesign is horrendous and the Dark Magician has child bearing hips now it seems. I'm kind of hoping they're just straight up new versions of the monsters, but they're probably saving that for the actual movie.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Beef Waifu posted:

That Blue-Eyes redesign is horrendous and the Dark Magician has child bearing hips now it seems. I'm kind of hoping they're just straight up new versions of the monsters, but they're probably saving that for the actual movie.

The Magician uses the design Takahashi did for the 10th anniversary artbook

He also did a redesign for the DMG but that one did became a different monster, Magi Magi Girl.

Dark_Tzitzimine fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Mar 17, 2015

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

forbidden lesbian posted:

A)I do not like the Blue-Eyes redesign

B)Yugi said, throughout the entire series, that Dark Magician was his favorite card and the one that represented him in that weird duel against Bakura early on, why do you think it's not his signature monster

By the end of the series, Dark Magician started to represent Atem more then Yugi, and then you find out that oh, the Dark Magician is actually his servant from way back in Egyptian times. Then in his last couple duels, the ones on his own against Bakura and Atem, he's using his own deck filled with his own monsters.

Maybe I'm just tired of the Dark Magician at this point, but I'd like to see more of those guys, you know?

EDIT: Part of the whole point of the Ceremonial Duel at the end of the series was that Yugi had finally learned to stand on his own two feet and be strong by himself without relying on Atem. He didn't need the Pharaoh around anymore to fight his battles for him. Seeing that he still has the Dark Magician comes off to me like...I dunno. It feels like it's a step back for him, in a way.

But maybe I'm just taking my children's card game anime too seriously. :v:

Vandar fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Mar 17, 2015

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
I dunno, Yugi seems like the kind of character to keep Dark Magician around out of sentimentality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I liked the Silents too and I really hope they show up in the movie, but I think holding on to Dark Magician is perfectly legit for Yugi. Whether or not it was him or Atem who was using it, it's a card that saw him through a lot of poo poo.