Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

If it's not too late for the Metroid Prime reactions I gotta say I love just how quiet this game is, really hammers down that you're on your own in this thing. That swamp place where you land also looked kinda nice, like in a OoT kinda way but nicer. The bird ruins are looking interesting so far, can't wait to get my ball-mode back.

Running out of the tutorial was pretty tense, I managed to mess up a few things and got out with just six or four seconds left on the clock.

How? Ive never seen anyone not make it out with minutes to spare, even their first time playing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Best Buy has Sonic Lost World for $15: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sonic-lost-world-nintendo-wii-u/1592984.p?id=1219056704465&skuId=1592984

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
If you can get a copy of Wii Fit U for a period, there's an app on there that works as the daily check in that you can install to your Wii U can access without owning the game anymore.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Austrian mook posted:

How? Ive never seen anyone not make it out with minutes to spare, even their first time playing.

one of those elevator bits, after some electric stuff, I forgot to scan to turn stuff on so I just kinda looked around like an idiot for a solid while. That on top of general clumsiness made it tons of fun for me in the final corridor.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

That's an alright price for that game. I enjoy it but the game does a lovely job of explaining how all of the many different abilities Sonic has actually work. And the later levels aren't as good as the earlier levels.

Monster w21 Faces
May 11, 2006

"What the fuck is that?"
"What the fuck is this?!"

elf help book posted:

If you can get a copy of Wii Fit U for a period, there's an app on there that works as the daily check in that you can install to your Wii U can access without owning the game anymore.

Cheers. Currently bidding on an Ebay copy of just the game.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

You might need the step pad to do some initial profile setup or something, maybe not. Good luck.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Music Park is awesome, you tone-deaf freak :colbert:.

Music Park was awesome in MK7. In 8 it has to share space with Electrodrome, which is unfortunate.

Spectacle Rock
May 24, 2013

I'm trying to buy this, but then it tells me "store pickup only." Then, when I enter a zip code it acts like "Sorry, not found in stores." Is this deal dead? Also, any chance I could go to a Wal-Mart and price match it?

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Spectacle Rock posted:

I'm trying to buy this, but then it tells me "store pickup only." Then, when I enter a zip code it acts like "Sorry, not found in stores." Is this deal dead? Also, any chance I could go to a Wal-Mart and price match it?

Lost World is honestly not even worth $15, so take this as an omen.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense

Monster w21 Faces posted:

Hi folks, so I bought a Wii Fit U Fit Meter today because it was only £10 and I thought 'hey, even if I don't ever buy wii fit u I can still use this as a step tracker'.

Wrong. Need the game to even turn the thing on.

Then after some digging I found out that you can download a one month trial of the game for free and it will let you unlock the full game if you register a Fit Meter with your profile.

Awesome!

Then I learned that that was a limited time offer? Is that the case? Am I now boned as I'll have to buy the game and a second Fit Meter bundle in order to use it?

You can either cut your losses or buy Wii Fit U and a step board, and two wiimote plusses if you don't have them already. It's a good game but I'm having trouble using the balance board for anything more than a push up stand these days. Also realistically you need a yoga mat for the game too.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

noirstronaut posted:

Lost World is honestly not even worth $15, so take this as an omen.

lost world is good

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Lost World is pretty decent and worth 15 americano dollars, sure.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

According to Best Buy's website there are no stores in the entirety of New York City or the surrounding environs that are available for in-store pickup. Not sure what the deal is. Maybe they sold out? Or the website's just broken? Guess I'll look in-store tomorrow.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Sonic Lost World is so popular!

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

RyokoTK posted:

Music Park was awesome in MK7. In 8 it has to share space with Electrodrome, which is unfortunate.

Music Park is still better

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.
Music Park earned its place in my heart the day I realized you can stunt jump off getting launched in the air by the giant musical notes.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005
So uh, this is potentially something: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1011919

DeNA ("owns mobage, which is one of the largest mobile platforms in Japan”) and Nintendo are doing a joint press conference in about 30 minutes, and apparently it'll be streaming and simulcast w/English.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
I feel like it will be something nobody cares about zing!

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
The press release is already up - they're doing joint development on mobile games using Nintendo IP and they're working together on a cross-platform distribution/membership platform that'll launch in the fall of this year.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

cross-platform distribution/membership platform.

Like a replacement to Club Nintendo/NNID?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

The press release is already up - they're doing joint development on mobile games using Nintendo IP and they're working together on a cross-platform distribution/membership platform.
Is this a big enough development to warrant its own thread or is it no big deal?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
Here's the press release for those interested: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2015/150317e.pdf

Edit: In English.

8-bit Miniboss fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Mar 17, 2015

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
It's a big deal - not quite "Nintendo goes mobile" but pretty drat close. The event's due to start in 15 minutes or so, we'll get the bulk of the info then.

Nintendo bought a 10% stake in DeNA, Dena got a ~2% stake in Nintendo.

English PR: http://dena.com/intl/press/2015/03/nintendo-and-dena-form-business-and-capital-alliance.html

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Huh, interesting.

Here's the live stream: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNi6ZbMKh_w

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

It's a big deal - not quite "Nintendo goes mobile" but pretty drat close. The event's due to start in 15 minutes or so, we'll get the bulk of the info then.

Nintendo bought a 10% stake in DeNA, Dena got a ~2% stake in Nintendo.

English PR: http://dena.com/intl/press/2015/03/nintendo-and-dena-form-business-and-capital-alliance.html

It's probably a move to get the investors to shut up once and for all about mobile gaming, without Nintendo having to scrap and retool themselves. They just fob it off to DeNA and keep doing their own thing.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Neddy Seagoon posted:

It's probably a move to get the investors to shut up once and for all about mobile gaming, without Nintendo having to scrap and retool themselves. They just fob it off to DeNA and keep doing their own thing.

Justin Epperson pretty much echoed the thoughts of many: https://twitter.com/sprsk/status/577737799631155201

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Mobage doesn't really have many of its own games to cannibalise, though.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Neddy Seagoon posted:

In the press release it says both companies will be developing smartphone games so I guess Nintendo will be doing SOME of the work?? Maybe they finally found a use for the dev team who makes the lovely New Super Mario games.

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva
When do we get Angry Birds: Mario??

Angry Goombas

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Quest For Glory II posted:

In the press release it says both companies will be developing smartphone games so I guess Nintendo will be doing SOME of the work?? Maybe they finally found a use for the dev team who makes the lovely New Super Mario games.

Sure, but all they have to do is contribute a team or two to develop a project for an existing platform, rather than having to dump time and money into building one from the ground up.

Also;

quote:

To ensure the quality of game experience that consumers expect from this alliance of Nintendo and DeNA, only new original games optimized for smart device functionality will be created, rather than porting games created specifically for the Wii U home console or the Nintendo 3DS portable system.

Don't go expecting ports of stuff.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
The stream's live: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNi6ZbMKh_w

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
I can't think of anything that would work well on touch screens aside from Wario Ware Touched and then those DS rhythm games.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Virtual Boy spotted!

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

noirstronaut posted:

I can't think of anything that would work well on touch screens aside from Wario Ware Touched and then those DS rhythm games.

If I remember right, the company that made those have already been making EBA clones for Japanese smartphones.

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013

Quest For Glory II posted:

I heard that the development of the New Super Mario Brothers games is used to train their new recruits on how they develop games at Nintendo before sending them off to work on bigger and better projects.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
So how long do you give it before the Nintenphone? A year?

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Davinci posted:

I heard that the development of the New Super Mario Brothers games is used to train their new recruits on how they develop games at Nintendo before sending them off to work on bigger and better projects.

This was the case for NSMB2, but I don't think it's just how poo poo works with the series.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Ohhh gently caress new Nintendo console called the NX to be revealed next year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
So, uh... new console/handheld announcement due next year. Codename "NX"

E:f;b

• Locked thread