Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

click for big.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maguro
Apr 24, 2006

Why is the sun always bullying me?

I asked this last page in an edit, but is there a way to import someone's save game? The start of stage 14 is bugged for me and I can't progress. I found info on messing around with saves for the 1st hotline game, but nothing for this one.

Maguro fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Mar 17, 2015

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!
Just beat the game; I definitely enjoyed it, I didn't think any levels were that much more frustrating then HLM1. The map design does limit the routes you can take but I didn't run into too many offscreen gun deaths.

Now to try and find out all the stuff I missed when replaying the game on hard. :v:

Edit: And go back and read all the spoilers too.

GLAAD trash bags
Jan 4, 2015

Waffle! posted:

click for big.

I don't care that this is a Drive parody pic, now I want to mod HM2 so that fat dudes go Wakka-wakka when they bust your head open, also so dogs make Animal noises.

RocketSurgery
Feb 11, 2009

Pansacola posted:

Alpha version of the editor has been leaked or something.

http://www.reddit.com/r/HotlineMiami/comments/2z7hwg/hotline_miami_2_builtin_alpha_level_editor/

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010
goddamn it (gifv)

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Skunkrocker posted:

:allears:

You're my goddamn hero.

Rofl you're pretty fond of writing Payday fan fiction yourself there buddy

Pansacola posted:

Alpha version of the editor has been leaked or something.

Is there any word on functionality? Can you pick what characters you start, any surprises or anything?

PantsandCola
Aug 17, 2013

you did good... you did good

Pirate Jet posted:

Is there any word on functionality? Can you pick what characters you start, any surprises or anything?
It's pretty buggy atm and yes you can choose who to start as.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

RBA Starblade posted:

In his dreams he admits he wants to hurt people, like how in Pardo's dream he realizes he's the murderer he's chasing for the desire he craves, and how the Son faces up to the fact that he's going down his father's path not knowing what he wants for himself. Mark realizes how it's going to end. Evan realizes he can either go all in on his book or reconnect with his family. Richter realizes his regret. Jake never sees him iirc, and when Evan does it's just a mask. Richard says Beard does but I don't really know what he means by that.

With Beard, I assume he's meaning the time where the Commander got basically possessed

Richard is an apocalyptic figure, in the varied meanings of the word. He represents the literal ends (death, nuclear apocalypse), the metaphorical ends, and the various revelations that a character should be having. He's a Greek chorus, making clear various elements of the plot while being a bystander. But [s]Discendo Vox[/b] is right - Richard is more than a hallucination or subconscious because he demonstrates exacting knowledge of the future (eg, the lines from the fans when they put on the masks).

He's just a surreal thing but he's more than a subconscious element.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
I beat Death Wish on Hard and I think if I can figure out how to tackle the first two screens, the rest should come naturally.

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall
I've been replaying the game, got a S on Dead Ahead (which is now a decent level imo), but now that I'm on Death Wish, I can't get past Corey's section. No, I don't want to bait these guys, I want to roll through all these shots, but there's a loving dog killing me everytime !

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Someone on 4chan figured out that the recent patch added more god drat windows and fat guys to the Pigman's levels (left is from today, right is from a stream from a few days ago). Might just be relevant to hard mode? I don't know which difficulty these shots are from.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Good. I was playing the level on hard and it was piss easy. Put in all the windows. glass the whole drat place

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

CJacobs posted:

Someone on 4chan figured out that the recent patch added more god drat windows and fat guys to the Pigman's levels (left is from today, right is from a stream from a few days ago). Might just be relevant to hard mode? I don't know which difficulty these shots are from.

I actually played that level on hard like 2 hours ago and it personally felt easier than the normal mode version I'm pretty sure. No windows on any of the rooms. No fat detectives on that floor either, just the regular baton dudes plus pistol dudes chasing them.

Also the screen flip feels way more disorienting than it probably should for some reason. Maybe it's because the cutscenes are all flipped as well as the levels, I dunno.

RearmingStrafbomber
Jan 29, 2009

1-1-2029, tonight the stars are shining bright
Frankie say: sweet game. 100% percent a person. Excellent contemporary soundtrack.

Only missing some je ne sais quoi,

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Milky Moor posted:

With Beard, I assume he's meaning the time where the Commander got basically possessed

I don't think this is what happened. He just had a Colonel Kurtz moment.

Hollenhammer
Dec 6, 2005

Count Mippipopolous posted:

I just assumed Richard in this game was some kind of surreal, supernatural David Lynch-esque thing? He's a creepy and inexplicable figure and also a warning of terrible things to come.

I'm always confused when people argue over the nature of surreal elements of stories. Trying to explain him as a ghost, a magical shared hallucination, or some sort of demon dad doesn't really add anything. None of those things are real and there is no real world logic associated with them. He's a talking Rooster head that does impossible things.

I guess it's worth noting that this is different from my impression of him in the first game - I figured that Richard, Don Juan, and Rasmus were just ego, super ego, and id type elements of Jacket's mind.

oh totally
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZowK0NAvig

edit: thinking about Lost Highway more, theres a load of similarities here....

Hollenhammer fucked around with this message at 11:46 on Mar 17, 2015

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy

CJacobs posted:

This is a video game glitch. It loaded the normal version of the level first even though it was flipped. The same thing happened to me. It hasn't happened in other levels (yet).

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Hollenhammer posted:

oh totally
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZowK0NAvig

edit: thinking about Lost Highway more, theres a load of similarities here....

That's what I thought the puppet Manny was.

Pirate Jet posted:

Rofl you're pretty fond of writing Payday fan fiction yourself there buddy

Huge difference, I know what I write is fan fiction.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
Dallas went to remove his mask.
"No," Whispered Jake. "Keep it on. I like it with the mask on."
It had been two weeks since the clown had been assigned the task of stealing an amassed collection of firearms collected by the 50 Blessings group. That was where he met Jake. When he saw the Snake-Headed man destroying a horde of Russian mobsters using his sweet Nunchuck skills Dallas felt something he hadn't felt in many years. Love.
"Let me see your other snake." Dallas said, flirtatiously.
Jake unzipped his jorts when the phone rang, the answer machine picked it up after the 3rd beep.
"Guys!" The voice was familiar, it was Bain. Dallas' handler, "The astro-glide! Go get it!"

Drunken Baker fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Mar 17, 2015

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall
Holy gently caress

:frogon:

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

ChogsEnhour posted:

It had been two weeks since the clown had been assigned the task of stealing an amassed collection of firearms collected by the 50 Blessings group. That was where he met Jake. When he saw the Snake-Headed man destroying a horde of Russian mobsters using his sweet Nunchuck skills Dallas felt something he hadn't felt in many years. Love.
Jake unzipped his jorts when the phone rang, the answer machine picked it up after the 3rd beep.
"Guys!" The voice was familiar, it was Bain. Dallas' handler, "The astro-glide! Go get it!"

:stare:

GLAAD trash bags
Jan 4, 2015

:stare::fh:

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

:stonk::fh:

e: This is a lot funnier to me than it should be. Goddamn it's too early in the morning for this poo poo.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

ChogsEnhour posted:

Submit this to the gamerdome thread

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Does anyone have a good image of Manny's Mannequin

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

CJacobs posted:

Submit this to the gamerdome thread

Hahaha don't tempt me. I'm REALLY bored in work.

Jizz Festival
Oct 30, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
Hey guys. Just stopping by with a friendly reminder that this game sucks turds out of your rear end in a top hat and then eats them.

Can't wait for that level editor!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Jizz Festival posted:

Hey guys. Just stopping by with a friendly reminder that this game sucks turds out of your rear end in a top hat and then eats them.

Well I'm glad they're being put to use somehow.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
I cannot wait to see what everyone's interpretation to what Hotline Miami 2 "should" be. It's going to be great.

Speaking of the level editor, even if we don't get the story tools in it, considering how easy it's been to get into the level editor already, I wonder if we'll be able to hack in new sprites/enemies/story elements and so on? Maybe some workshop support to make that official? I just want to make Hotline Miami 1.5: Biker fucks up poo poo in Las Vegas.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Jizz Festival posted:

Can't wait for that level editor!

Thank you for your addition to the thread. It was well thought out, well constructed, and timely. I think it's what we all needed right now.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

TheJoker138 posted:

Thank you for your addition to the thread. It was well thought out, well constructed, and timely. I think it's what we all needed right now.

He just gave me some inspiration for the climax of my story anyway. :metis:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

I noticed that some of the VHS tapes on the level select menu have this symbol on the cover. Most of them don't, and they don't seem to be tied to any of the characters specifically. I wonder if it means anything.

Monster Mash
Sep 11, 2001

Got around to finishing this last night and the Apocalypse level was pretty god drat hilarious.

Since 40 pages have gone by since I've last looked at this thread is there a list of which songs go with which stages? I know you can see them from the stage select but I'm at work right now so I can't view them.

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

CJacobs posted:

I noticed that some of the VHS tapes on the level select menu have this symbol on the cover. Most of them don't, and they don't seem to be tied to any of the characters specifically. I wonder if it means anything.

Maybe like an artist signature or something? I saw in the credits that a lot of different people did the VHS covers.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
The sound track of this game took a few listens for me to really appreciate some of the songs.

Top 5 for me:

1) Carpenter Brut - Roller Mobster

2) Magic Sword - In The Face of Evil

3) Mega Drive - Acid Spit

4) Magna - Divide

5) The Green Kingdom - untitled (Main Screen)

Main screen theme encapsulates the ending vibe of the game so well.

Fake Edit: Carpenter Brut makes some kick rear end music.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
I know a selection offa the top of my head. also in work, so can't confirm.

The bank level is Megadrive - Acid Spit
The last soldier level is Magic Sword - The Way Home
First Jake level is Magna - Divide
The Fans last level is Carpenter Brut - Roller Mobster
First Richter level is Mega Drive - Slum Lord

Which levels were you thinking of specifically? Because I've got the soundtrack on me phone but I don't really know the level names and all that.

Monster Mash
Sep 11, 2001

ChogsEnhour posted:

I know a selection offa the top of my head. also in work, so can't confirm.

The bank level is Megadrive - Acid Spit
The last soldier level is Magic Sword - The Way Home
First Jake level is Magna - Divide
The Fans last level is Carpenter Brut - Roller Mobster
First Richter level is Mega Drive - Slum Lord

Which levels were you thinking of specifically? Because I've got the soundtrack on me phone but I don't really know the level names and all that.

All of them really :sax: I have the soundtrack at work but yeah I don't remember the level names or the order.

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Anyone notice this when you replay the last mission? (lovely phone pic)
e: jesus christ timg

stuffed crust punk fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Mar 17, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

^^ It's Spec Ops The Line all over again!

It's worth noting that the Remix album is loving incredible, with MOON and Carpenter Brut and Scattle mixing each other's tracks and making the murder music more murderous. Hoping more people do remixes of these tracks because they are great.

• Locked thread