Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Irish Joe posted:

How about a general aversion to Gaelic folklore?

It has literally nothing to do with actual banshees, it's about a criminal pretending to be a small-town sheriff murking dudes.

e: Also, season 2 was probably a little more even, but 3x03, 3x05, and 3x10 are the absolute high points of the series so far.

WeedlordGoku69 fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Mar 17, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
:lol: at new account taking Irish Joe seriously.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I can't imagine this thread without Irish Joe Stalin

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
That Irish Joe hasn't been beaten to death yet proves we live in the worst of all possible worlds.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Unlike his gimmick.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

Josh Lyman posted:

I posted the trailer to my Facebook at 9:30pm and only had 1 person reply. Nobody is watching this. Hell, they've been sponsoring Slate's weekly sports podcast, Hang Up and Listen, for the past month+ and I didn't watch it because the title alone turned me off.

I posted about this show after the first episode to no response but now it's in about five different threads, whoever's responsible for marketing the finale did an awesome job.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

raditts posted:

It's a TV show on E! that is not The Soup, do you really need this question answered?

Hey now, Burning Love is also on E! (Even if it originates from the web). There's worse ways to spend half an hour than watching that.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Rocksicles posted:

:lol: at new account taking Irish Joe seriously.

Its ravane or occupation.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

zoux posted:

Its ravane or occupation.

I'm not a parachute account if that's what you're implying

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

How do you even know what a parachute account is, you cram the saclopedia

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Suspiciously SA aware. 13 posts per day... not buying it.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
"What the hell did I do? I made a parachute account, of course." -Ravane, probably

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

Pretty obvious second account, blew it with your first post in this thread :smith:

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Most of my posting in this subforum is whoring out Banshee, which basically nobody watches, so I'm kind of curious why anyone thinks I'm a TVIV regular's parachute.

zoux posted:

I saw someone say it in D&D, wondered what it was, and looked it up on SAClopedia. Pretty much the pattern for me and most SA things.

WeedlordGoku69 fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Mar 17, 2015

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Has anyone done an effort thread for Bates Motel season 3?

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

LORD OF BUTT posted:

Most of my posting in this subforum is whoring out Banshee, which basically nobody watches, so I'm kind of curious why anyone thinks I'm a TVIV regular's parachute.

The same people who think you're a parachute also think telling jokes on a comedy forum constitutes a "gimmick."

In other words, don't sweat it.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
We are all parachute accounts for Irish Joe

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Irish Joe posted:

The same people who think you're a parachute also think telling jokes on a comedy forum constitutes a "gimmick."

In other words, don't sweat it.

We only think that jokes constitute "gimmicks" insofar as we think you're the biggest "gimmick" of them all.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

"What the hell did I do? I made a parachute account, of course." -Ravane, probably

Oops, you caught me. I totally spent ten dollars to troll for the month that I wasn't here. It's too bad though my second account didn't have classy username like this one, a reference to Maurice Ravel's "Pavane for Dead Princess." Nope, I did indeed choose "Lord of Butt" because all the classy original usernames (like Spiderman) were taken.

zoux posted:

I didn't even know what a parachute account is.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I thought you misspelled "raveen" and it was a Trailer Park Boys reference

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Well heck both of them posting in such quick succession like that convinces me,.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Ravane posted:

classy username like this one, a reference to Maurice Ravel's "Pavane for Dead Princess."

God you're insufferable. Why do I keep clicking the link that lets me view your posts?

Anyways, gotta thank this thread again for another great recommendation in Spartacus. It baffles me that this show was made. You've got all the violence, nudity, and general grossness, but then you've got this amazing dialogue that can manage to be poetic and crass all in one sentence. The sets and blood effects are poorly greenscreened, especially in the first season as somebody in this thread mentioned (can't remember who but they said something like "the whole entire show was shot indoors", lol) But even so, it's pretty, and the costumes are also amazing. And where did this show originally air? loving Starz?? Again, can't believe it exists but I'm glad it does. It's like Deadwood, Downton Abbey, and the movie 300 all had a terrifying love child together.

Unfortunately it's been much less of a priority to get through now that I'm in season 3. I'm still invested but I'm not binging it like I did seasons 1 and 2. I miss the original Spartacus actor (I'm sorry but this new one is puny and obnoxious where Spartacus was beefy and charismatic), and I really miss the Arena backdrop and drama. Does it return to form?

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
You'll grow to like Liam McIntyre, he takes a little bit to grow into the role but by the midpoint of season 3 he's almost as good as Whitfield. Naevia II, I'm eh on, though.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
The last season is up there with the best, and Spartacus has one of the most satisfying finales in television. It's worth getting through the slow point in season 3.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

timp posted:

Unfortunately it's been much less of a priority to get through now that I'm in season 3. I'm still invested but I'm not binging it like I did seasons 1 and 2. I miss the original Spartacus actor (I'm sorry but this new one is puny and obnoxious where Spartacus was beefy and charismatic), and I really miss the Arena backdrop and drama. Does it return to form?

I'm kind of in the same boat. I finished s3 (or 2 ) but I'm putting off the last season because I just don't see how it can end well. I've heard the finale is excellent, but I know it has to end with everyone on the cross/otherwise dead and I'm just kind of dreading it.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010
Do like I did and transfer all your love for OG Spartacus onto Gannicus.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

savinhill posted:

Do like I did and transfer all your love for OG Spartacus onto Gannicus.

I did that and it's developed into an uncomfortable man crush.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Rocksicles posted:

Has anyone done an effort thread for Bates Motel season 3?
I made one the day of the premiere because no one else did. I don't think that show has a very big goon fanbase though. There's only been like 2 or 3 other people posting in the thread besides me :(

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

zoux posted:

I did that and it's developed into an uncomfortable man crush.

There's nothing uncomfortable about Gannicus.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

So some of you may remember last year when I said I would be stepping down as a mod here. I had just gotten a promotion at my job and I had no idea what my free time was going to look like because I was also going to be on-call when I wasn't at work. I had no idea months later that the job would actually turn out to afford me even more free time than I had before. I guess that's what happens sometimes though when you move up the ladder. At that point in time OSG and I brought on Annakie to help with the mod duties around here. It was expected that I'd help her get going and then she and OSG would take over after I left. Well the situation has sort of turned around now. I plan on sticking around as long as I don't have to devote too much of my time to this place (once it becomes a chore or feels like a job it's well past time to go) and Annakie is getting swamped with work to the point that she's not around much as it is. So Annakie has decided since the original purpose she was brought on is no longer an issue she's not going to stick around when she has such little time anyway. I'd like to thank her for picking up the slack during the hectic time where I moved and got acclimated to the new job and hope she still stops in from time to time as her schedule allows. Thanks Annakie for the help when I needed it!

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
She'll be back next year!!

/dance number

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Thanks Annakie! And it'll be cool to see you stick around, DP :)

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Deadpool posted:

So some of you may remember last year when I said I would be stepping down as a mod here. I had just gotten a promotion at my job and I had no idea what my free time was going to look like because I was also going to be on-call when I wasn't at work. I had no idea months later that the job would actually turn out to afford me even more free time than I had before. I guess that's what happens sometimes though when you move up the ladder. At that point in time OSG and I brought on Annakie to help with the mod duties around here. It was expected that I'd help her get going and then she and OSG would take over after I left. Well the situation has sort of turned around now. I plan on sticking around as long as I don't have to devote too much of my time to this place (once it becomes a chore or feels like a job it's well past time to go) and Annakie is getting swamped with work to the point that she's not around much as it is. So Annakie has decided since the original purpose she was brought on is no longer an issue she's not going to stick around when she has such little time anyway. I'd like to thank her for picking up the slack during the hectic time where I moved and got acclimated to the new job and hope she still stops in from time to time as her schedule allows. Thanks Annakie for the help when I needed it!

You are ruining my mod Deadpool, Deadpool.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

God we're never gonna get rid of this guy are we?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

IRQ posted:

God we're never gonna get rid of this guy are we?

Please be kind to OldSenileGuy, he's old and deserves your respect.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Who the hell is OldSenileGuy?

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
Funny every time!

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

OldSenileGuy posted:

Funny every time!

One time you probationed me for it. :(

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

OldSenileGuy posted:

Funny every time!

Can't you see its a cry for help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

zoux posted:

Who the hell is OldSenileGuy?

A mod that has watched Friends and The Simpsons.

• Locked thread