Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.

SSNeoman posted:

why

No really, what does this solve?

it clears out the fifty billion duplicate parts people are sitting on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
I don't suppose anyone would be willing to hook me up with the frost prime systems blueprint? I just came back since quitting right after it was added. Unfortunately I was pretty scrubby back in the day so I doubt I have anything worthwhile to trade. Name in-game is nullandvoid0.

Dick Burglar fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Mar 17, 2015

MJ12
Apr 8, 2009

SSNeoman posted:

why

No really, what does this solve?

Ouch.

It's probably trying to clear up the drop lists for Prime parts because of mass user complaints about finding it hard to farm Prime Parts. A very :de: solution for that issue.

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost
DE is kinda doing the right thing to try to combat the massive amount of gear that's just sitting around and to try to create some artificial scarcity to help motivate people to unload whatever platinum they have and reward some veterans. Works for me I guess.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
It's not like they won't ever come back, guys.

Oh, and here:

Kyte fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Mar 17, 2015

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!
Alright so my singular goal between now and then is to farm up the Frost Systems since that's the only piece left that I need. Maybe I can sell off some Latron and Reaper pieces too since I have those already.

See you all in Tower 4 Survival!

Edit: If some goons are in need I'll offer up whatever I happen to have at very reasonable prices rather than the fleecing going on in trade chat. 150p for a Frost Prime set? Geez.

Lord Wexia fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Mar 17, 2015

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe

Denzine posted:

it clears out the fifty billion duplicate parts people are sitting on.
It also helps with the dilution of the drop tables for prime parts. The couldn't just keep shoving more poo poo in there. Its also the reason for the changes to where Oberon drops and also most likely prompted the use of quests for getting new nonprime frames since there are only so many planets in the system.

It was bound to happen sooner or later. I expect the"Prime Vault" to be like the Disney Vault where older poo poo is intentionally locked up until Disney needs more money from nostalgic people. If it is like that, they'll probably be rewards for special alerts or something like that.

Coldbird
Jul 17, 2001

be spiritless
Well, they have to deal with drop table pollution somehow. I mean, the ideal solution would be to do something about the idea of drop tables themselves, but I guess the game really does have way too many items lying around and needed some housekeeping done.

This is assuming they don't just replace those drop table results with copies of Fast Hands

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing
Oh, yeah, it's absolutely because the prime lists are so bloated, and a token system has always been Unacceptable (for good reason, unfortunately).

I was under the impression there was a major overhaul of the reward structure in the works to solve this problem at the root, but evidently it's not as far-reaching as I dreamed.

Losing prime frames isn't that huge a deal, they're mostly just pointless bling, but Latron Prime is actually one of the best primaries in its very under-served niche (only beaten by... Latron Wraith, long since unavailable), so it kinda sucks to lose it. I suppose we can always hope they buff original-flavor Latron up to Prime's stats.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
I'd love to see the vanilla latron in a usable state, it's got a great sound effect.

edit: vvv Who?

Denzine fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Mar 17, 2015

Ass-Haggis
May 27, 2011

asproigerosis confirmed
Is it just me, or does Simaris sound a whole lot like AM?

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

Male Man posted:

Frost Prime, Latron Prime and Reaper Prime Parts to enter Prime Vault

The mysteries of The Void have always presented unique challenges. The well-protected Orokin Towers have been known to house Prime technologies, but there is word from beyond the realms of normal space that a part of this is evolving. On March 24th, Frost Prime, Latron Prime, and Reaper Prime will enter the Prime Vault, with all of their crafting parts abolished from The Void. If you already wield the power of these Primes, they will remain in your inventory.

Tenno, this week is your last chance to enter The Void in order to collect and craft these items, be sure to take advantage. The Prime Vault, an archive outside of Tenno reach, will house this gear.

As a responsive measure, Cephalon Suda’s final Syndicate sacrifice, the Frost Prime helmet, will be replaced with Nova Prime’s helmet.

(I doubt the prices are going to get inflated for like, the next year and a half)

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Reddit has helpfully advised me that I look like a "15 year old fortnite boi"
So I've been slowly building up a Latron Prime, and I think if built right, it can be a legit top tier weapon (as good as Kohm, Soma Prime, etc). To me, the key is cutting down its reload speed, so I would strongly suggest Prime Fast Hands.

Here's the dream build I'm working on: http://warframe-builder.com/Primary...85-12/en/2-0-15

Here's the realistic/economic build I'm working on: http://warframe-builder.com/Primary...5-12/en/2-0-15/

I'm posting this because I want newer goons to know that the Latron Prime isn't just a decent weapon, it's one of the best primary weapons in the game, and if you don't have the parts for it, you should farm them ASAP before you can't. You can also take it into a 40 minute survival without worrying about Ammo Mutation.

A couple notes regarding weapon building for newer players:

- I find Metal Auger superior to Shred on many weapons. If your RoF is above 4, the key is looking at how long it takes a weapon to use its clip in relation to its reload speed (what I'll call up-time), especially on semi-automatic weapons. However, keep in mind that weapons where charge rate is an issue, Shred (and fire rate in general) is amazing.
- On most weapons, I find Heavy Caliber to be a trap and is overrated. Like Shred, there are of course some weapons it's amazing on. But if you're using a maxed Serration, the benefit gained from a +90% elemental mod or (if you're a richy rich) a +120% event mod is often almost as good in terms of raw damage and your bullets will hit their target.
- Pay more attention to how a weapon handles (how fast it's killing groups of high-level enemies, how many of your pellets/bulelts are actually hitting an enemy, taking down nullifier shields, its up-time and ammo efficiency, etc.) then your on-sheet DPS.
- On weapons where up-time is an issue, cutting down on reload speed is one of the best ways to improve real effective DPS (as opposed to on-sheet DPS, where mods like Heavy Caliber excel). As such, the often overlooked Primed Fast Hands is a really great mod. I bought mine for 50 plat earlier this week (people don't think very highly of it for some reason, so you can buy it on the cheap), but it should be up for sale by Varo within the next couple of cycles if his inventory is repeating.

Dahbadu fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Mar 17, 2015

cat_snake
Nov 19, 2014

Dahbadu posted:

- On weapons where up-time is an issue, cutting down on reload speed is one of the best ways to improve real effective DPS (as opposed to on-sheet DPS, where mods like Heavy Caliber excel). As such, the often overlooked Primed Fast Hands is a really great mod. I bought mine for 50 plat earlier this week (people don't think very highly of it for some reason, so you can buy it on the cheap), but it should be up for sale by Varo within the next couple of cycles if his inventory is repeating.

You think 50 plat is cheap...geez. I only have 6 left. I could do so much with 50 :allears:

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013

quote:

Frost Prime, Latron Prime and Reaper Prime Parts to enter Prime Vault
The Prime Vault, an archive outside of Tenno reach, will house this gear.

What exactly is the 'Prime Vault'? Just a fancy way of saying future quest reward? Or truly unavailable?

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe
Pretty sure I am correct with my interpretation of how the Prime Vault works now that I've seen the post from [DE]Megan.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/418909-frost-prime-the-end-of-an-era-megathread/page-4#entry4645346

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing
Best case it's a system where they'll periodically cycle stuff in and out of it.

pyromance
Sep 25, 2006
Maybe they'll put it on the void broker. gently caress.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

Neo_Crimson posted:

I have tons of Latron and Reaper Prime parts. :getin:

Well in that case, could I get a blade from you? :v:

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

Neo_Crimson posted:

I have tons of Latron and Reaper Prime parts. :getin:

I'll take all the parts you're willing to spare for both :v:

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

I logged in and bought some T2E, T3C/T4C and T3S/T4S keys. This is where Frost stuff drops. I have a supply that should run me several hours of game play.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
Reaper Prime is my favorite weapon.

YeehawMcKickass
Jan 2, 2003

WE WELCOME THE OPPRESSORS
Apparently U15.16 is live on PS4. Now we get to suffer through a 9 gig download.

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe

YeehawMcKickass posted:

Apparently U15.16 is live on PS4. Now we get to suffer through a 9 gig download.
Enjoy that on your tin cans and stringinternet.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Do we actually have any solid details on this next update? im seeing plenty of like, "a gun, raids and stuff" but no actual indepth of what's happening, it's been ages since i''ve played through a Warframe update so I can't actually remember how much they showcase before they drop the patch notes on us.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Been writing down a few thing that could help archwing become much better while I've been farming poo poo.

Increase sprint speed and/or have infinite stamina to let the archwings be more mobile.
Have the reload button lock onto the nearest enemy/enemy you're pointing at so you don't have to be a sitting duck while shooting
Decrease the tracking of the enemy missiles to a point where they're possible to actually dodge without them turning around and hitting you in the rear end.
Add abilities to the different melee weapons(Like the cerberus being able to use the shield on it etc)

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
Have they added any frames (or weapons or whatever) that can drop turrets, like Rocket Raccoon in Marvel Heroes or those two classes in Borderlands? I love turrets.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Shine posted:

Have they added any frames (or weapons or whatever) that can drop turrets, like Rocket Raccoon in Marvel Heroes or those two classes in Borderlands? I love turrets.

With Mesa you can turn into a turret.

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

I wanted to talk more about building a weapon that actually works.

Here's an example of a trap build for the Latron Prime, which is actually the top-rated build listed for the weapon: http://warframe-builder.com/Primary.../2-0-15/44427/0

I can imagine why people think the weapon is just mediocre if they use a build similar to that.

But, wow, 40k DPS! I mean, look at those numbers, right?

Here are the problems:
- How fast can you click your mouse? Can you click it faster than 4 times a second accurately while moving/following a target? What about 7 times?
- Although Heavy Caliber affects on-sheet accuracy, its mechanic is that it actually changes the spread of your weapon the faster you fire it. -55% spread adjustment is nuts on a rifle (with no pellet cone) if you're firing it faster than once a second and you only have 15 shots in the clip.
- No punch-through. So not only will almost all of your shots miss the target unless you're firing purposely slowly, the ones that do hit will only affect one enemy in the group, as opposed to the bunch of them.
- If you unfactor critical hits, this build would at least seem to do more damage per bullet that connects... but it doesn't. On-sheet numbers count the damage from both bullets in the multi-shot. When you fire a rifle with a -55% spread, how often do you think both bullets forking out can ever hit the same target?
- More time will be spent reloading the weapon than actually firing it, if utilizing its rate of fire.
- Although Corrosive is a great damage type, its proc sucks. Viral damage is almost as good as Corrosive (in terms of what units it deals +75% damage to), but its proc is amazing. Also, rifle proc chances are real proc chances, unlike shotgun proc chances which are just fiction. If you shoot 2 bullets simultaneously at something (with near perfect accuracy, so they both hit the same target), each with a 40% chance to proc the on-sheet 60% chance actually means 60%.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Nalesh posted:

Decrease the tracking of the enemy missiles to a point where they're possible to actually dodge without them turning around and hitting you in the rear end.

Hell, just making it (more?) obvious that missiles are incoming would go a long way to alleviating the "why do I suddenly have no health?" effect.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

Dahbadu posted:

I wanted to talk more about building a weapon that actually works.

And yet you keep talking about the Latron.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
With those twin chainsaws, I hope we see the return of Grineer sawmen. Earth only. Their unalerted behavior consists of ineffectual flailing at trees.

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Random Number posted:

And yet you keep talking about the Latron.

I'm quoting this for posterity. :)

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I like the Tiberon, make that good too.

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot
Literally every time me and my friends go into the clan arena, we find a new way it is broken.

Edit:

djw175 fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Mar 18, 2015

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Shine posted:

Vauban drops tesla turrets. They don't look like turrets.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Shine posted:

Vauban drops a turret that shoots lightning. You can attach it to just about anything, including other tenno

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Nitrox posted:

Vauban drops a turret that shoots lightning. You can attach it to just about anything, including other tenno

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Flipswitch posted:

Do we actually have any solid details on this next update? im seeing plenty of like, "a gun, raids and stuff" but no actual indepth of what's happening, it's been ages since i''ve played through a Warframe update so I can't actually remember how much they showcase before they drop the patch notes on us.

Let's see.. Off the top of my head: Simaris (aka scanner quests + danger room + retaking/previewing mastery tests), Chroma and associated questline, presumably underwater tileset, raid, probably PvP, maybe J3 (I'm not sure if they guaranteed it for a U16 drop), Volt Prime, the standard new set of weapons, anniversary stuff, Sentients, Parkour 2.0.

This came from a mix of stream stuff, trailer stuff, datamined stuff and the teaser site.

Kyte fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Mar 18, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
So hey, I got two 75% off coupons today in two different accounts. It's, respectively, the 38th (IIRC) and the 10th on the secondary one since August last year. Who wants them?