Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Yuriy posted:

This isn't a goddamn joke

Are you sure, because this sounds like a very funny joke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Yuriy posted:

Man, gently caress CM Punk in UFC, Alberto Del Rio is apparently going to be fighting for Glory and that's a billion times cooler

Potentially against Goldberg hahahahah

This isn't a goddamn joke

o man i am laffin

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

FullLeatherJacket posted:

Does Goldberg, at age 48, have literally any MMA training at all, up to and including Punk's "sometimes I show up on Gracie Breakdown" recreational rolling?

Because why not go the whole hog and have Jim Ross fight Bas Rutten

He was an EliteXC color commentator, runs a muay thai gym, and wants to be a professional kickboxer.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
Goldberg played in the nfl so that means he's at least super athletic

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
In WCW vs NWO Revenge Goldberg didn't have any weak grapples, he instead had kickboxing combinations, therefore he is a well rounded mixed martial artist with strong grappling.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Yes

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa
You could give created guys pretty sick gnp in that game.

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

Could CM Punk beat the wrestler I created on n64 when I was 10? He was an army guy with punches.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Luigi Thirty posted:

He was an EliteXC color commentator, runs a muay thai gym, and wants to be a professional kickboxer.

Del Rio has 14 professional MMA fights and is 10 years younger. That would not be a competitive fight.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

DannoMack posted:

Could CM Punk beat the wrestler I created on n64 when I was 10? He was an army guy with punches.

read this as "armless guy with punches"

was very confused

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

Nah Nick Newell would clown CM Punk.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

DannoMack posted:

No, because your wrestler sounds like he's better at wrestlering and ultimate fighting and probably doesn't complain as much as CM Punk.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Del Rio has 14 professional MMA fights and is 10 years younger. That would not be a competitive fight.

Well luckily it's not a mma fight, it's kickboxing (Glory)

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Del Rio tore his quad so I can't imagine he'll be doing much kickboxing for a while

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Daniel Bryan said he would be interested in doing professional grappling after he retires from wrestling, maybe we can get him and Goldberg!!!

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Luigi Thirty posted:

Daniel Bryan said he would be interested in doing professional grappling after he retires from wrestling, maybe we can get him and Goldberg!!!

There is no such thing as "professional grappling" unless you're one of the top guys in the world

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Yeah there is, it's just that a professional grappler makes less money than a Barista.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

I guess it's possible but it would be tough to live off Naga winnings and katana prizes

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
well there's like grappler's quest and whatnot, but no one is making a living off of that

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

He's probably famous enough to pop the attendance of some grappling event in Tacoma or whatever.

a retard
Jan 7, 2013

by Lowtax
When Bryan retires he might do a Metamoris or two, but that might be the extent of it imo.

Who Gotch Ya
Jun 27, 2003

streetdoctors.com
Yes, we are hybrid rappers.

Fozzy The Bear posted:

I expect CM Punk to do as well as Herschel Walker did in Strikeforce at the age of 48.

He's going to fight "The Nudge" and win via TKO (Lat punches)?

flashy_mcflash posted:

In his shoot interview, Punk talked about how every injury he got in WWE, no matter how serious, he was prescribed nothing more than a Z-Pack (antibiotics) by their incompetent doctor when in fact he probably needed surgery or at least some kind of more serious medical treatment.

They probably kept giving him z-packs because Punk looks like he has an STD.

1st AD posted:

In WCW vs NWO Revenge Goldberg didn't have any weak grapples, he instead had kickboxing combinations, therefore he is a well rounded mixed martial artist with strong grappling.

Also see: Eric Bischoff

Dead Man's Ham
Dec 2, 2002
If Daniel Bryan hasn't been tremendously dumb with the money hes made pro wrestling he could very easily be a pro grappler as a hobby carrer

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Who Gotch Ya posted:

He's going to fight "The Nudge" and win via TKO (Lat punches)?

They probably kept giving him z-packs because Punk looks like he has an STD.

Also see: Eric Bischoff

Bischoff was so fun to play as but you only wanted to play as him in the dark where no one could possibly see it.

Who Gotch Ya
Jun 27, 2003

streetdoctors.com

MassRafTer posted:

Bischoff was so fun to play as but you only wanted to play as him in the dark where no one could possibly see it.

Nah yo I would beat everyone with Bischoff

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Who Gotch Ya posted:

Nah yo I would beat everyone with Bischoff

Come back to mma and commentate more poo poo bro, missed you for moat fights

Who Gotch Ya
Jun 27, 2003

streetdoctors.com

Yuriy posted:

Come back to mma and commentate more poo poo bro, missed you for moat fights

Sorry bruh I've been pretty busy in the real world. Def. wanna commentate moat fights and poo poo with y'all.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Dead Man's Ham posted:

If Daniel Bryan hasn't been tremendously dumb with the money hes made pro wrestling he could very easily be a pro grappler as a hobby carrer

Well he doesn't do drugs or drink, which are the usual ways wrestlers are dumb with their money. And grappling (metamoris etc) would be a much better idea than trying to get a vanity MMA run, because he's had about a bajillion concussions.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Memento posted:

Well he doesn't do drugs or drink, which are the usual ways wrestlers are dumb with their money. And grappling (metamoris etc) would be a much better idea than trying to get a vanity MMA run, because he's had about a bajillion concussions.

The usual way main eventers are dumb with money is through alimony. Unfortunately for Bryan he has a lot of training in that from his time at Extreme Couture. Fortunately for Bryan WWE has his back and doesn't think he's a main eventer.

Grifter
Jul 24, 2003

I do this technique called a suplex. You probably haven't heard of it, it's pretty obscure.
So it's pretty cool that Punk got to walk in with Pettis, only to watch Pettis get savaged. His MMA future must be looking rosy right now.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

cm punk killed roufusport

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Memento posted:

Well he doesn't do drugs or drink

how is his willpower?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

1st AD posted:

Yeah there is, it's just that a professional grappler makes less money than a Batista.

Yeah I know that's a wider discrepancy but I wanted to make the joke :smith:

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

please add mitt romney to the list of non-fighters that would beat up cm punk

quote:

Former presidential hopeful Mitt Romney will box former heavyweight champion Evander Holyfield for charity on May 15.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Yuriy posted:

Oh like you could beat up a robot. Dude can probably lift a car over his head and leap trees in a single bound, provided they're the right height.

Cabbit fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Mar 18, 2015

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Yuriy posted:

Lol what the hell

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

Yuriy posted:

Does he have a thing for being beaten by black guys

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Solomonic posted:

Does he have a thing for being beaten by black guys

mic loving drop

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I was going to make a joke about how his previous boxing experience was helping Pac get knocked out but what's the point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
How old is he anyway?

• Locked thread