Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Cool so Ant-Man still 100% confirmed and community wants Magik for 12th char. Got it thanks Mr Gaz.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Drythe posted:

They said Tara Strong was voicing Spider Gwen I'm fairly certain.

Spider-Gwen isn't unannounced

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
I think they just mentioned that her voice actress is ~amazing~ (I think they say that about all of them though :v:) without mentioning names. Would be pretty stupid if it was her though since Spider-Gwen was announced and prepurchasable when they made those tweets.

then again this is Gaz who also thought that Rogue in the Marvel Heroes 2015 splash image was some secret spoiler when she had been confirmed a week before

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Soothing Vapors posted:

Spider-Gwen isn't unannounced

Neither was Rogue

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The seagull is essential.

Mover posted:

Size changing is a boring, dumb ability and Hank Pym is a garbage-tier "superhero" who deserves every bad thing that's ever been said about him and I'm glad Marvel seems to realize this and won't approve him no matter how much Gaz pushes for him in AP2.

I've never read much of Scott Lang but Eric O'Grady is a glorious bastard and would be an amazing enhanced costume. Plus, swarms of ants could be a lot of horrifying fun?

I can't imagine that with an Ant-Man film coming we won't get Ant-Man playable in-game.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

True I mean Blade and War Machine technically haven't been announced. We only have up to Doom as being announced for anniversary. No other chars are announced for after Doom.

Wow we may not even get War Machine or Blad this year.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Drythe posted:

Neither was Rogue
your dum

They said Tara Strong was voicing an unannounced character. Spider-Gwen isn't unannounced, and she's not really a character. Also in this thread about Spider-Gwen Ryolnerd backdoor hinted Tara's not voicing Spider-Gwen (the agrees on Airia's post). It's still Magik. YOU CANT TAKE THIS FROM ME DOOMSAW

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Eiffel On You posted:

don't you dare

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

It's Magik don't worry. On the big community poll, Magik sits at #1. They would be stupid to ignore that.

They are probably stupid enough to ignore that. Boomer confirmed 12th.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

They also said the unannounced hero would do mental damage. And be a lady.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.

Eiffel On You posted:

It's Magik don't worry. On the big community poll, Magik sits at #1. They would be stupid to ignore that.

yo nextwave style Boomer would be freaking awesome, god I hate you for getting me excited about imaginary options

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

magik is loving stupid

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Mental woman ok.

Youre mom confirmed.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.

Eiffel On You posted:

Mental woman ok.

Youre mom confirmed.

I'm not a mom and never will be, stop rubbing it in!

trem
Sep 17, 2009
the unnanounced hero is obviously susan storm aka invisible woman

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

MODAM

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

Eiffel On You posted:

The thing is that they probably want to save some really popular heroes for later on. They are kinda running out of the really popular heroes. I don't think AP5 headlined by Adam Warlock will sell that much.

Anyway, my pet theory is that they are going to release Magik late in the year outside AP2 and have her as a 400/600 splinter preorder bonus for AP3 like Ghost Rider was.

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

Kainser posted:

The thing is that they probably want to save some really popular heroes for later on. They are kinda running out of the really popular heroes. I don't think AP5 headlined by Adam Warlock will sell that much.

What do you mean??? There are plenty of people begging for Maggot and Beak.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

There are literally hundreds of interesting d-list heroes to get through before we get to x-list mutants.

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM
I Have Strengths You Can't Imagine
They are already dropping nobodies like Moon King and Dr. Strange.

Mahasamatman
Nov 8, 2006

Flame on the trail headed for the powder keg
I really want a pair of Brutal Shades. Gating Brutal Shades behind some yearly event is really dumb, but it's like #20 on the list of dumb things about this game I love and can't stop playing.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
I'm pretty sure that they said that they were going to add the Shades back some way but now it's so late that we might as well wait for summer.

I AM THE MOON posted:

magik is loving stupid

please don't talk that way about Russian Mail-Order Waifu

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?
There is one name that clearly towers over all the rest in this conversation

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

HUMAN FISH posted:

They are already dropping nobodies like Moon King and Dr. Strange.

Uh Dr. Strange is Cumberland Hubandobatch so everyone knows who he is now.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Playable Leonard J Crabs PLS mr GAZ

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?
FYI 7 leagues is like 25 miles. He steps 25 miles. Very powerful

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM
I Have Strengths You Can't Imagine

Saint Freak posted:

Maybe now, but not a year ago.

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~

Ajax posted:

There is one name that clearly towers over all the rest in this conversation

Agreed. Please put him in game immediately, Gaz.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

HUMAN FISH posted:

Maybe now, but not a year ago.

Please don't doubt that David Brevik wasn't able to forsee this all along.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
That gun penis

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Saint Freak posted:

Can't wait for the Doc Strange movie to come out so this game can finally have a movie costume whose face looks like the actor

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

Soothing Vapors posted:

Gibby Did 9/11

#StrykerWasRight

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

Kainser posted:

All the hero nicknames are retarded

Also because of you fuckers I keep mentally thinking of this game as "Marble Hebrews" and then I want to kill myself.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

MMAgCh posted:

Unstable Molecules stack up to 99 on TC now. :siren:

FINALLY! I can condense those 200 I have from 10 stacks to 3.

MMAgCh posted:

Gambit talk: which is overall more fun/smoother to play, melee or ranged? I couldn't care less about raids, if it makes a difference. Power Cosmic/Doop runeword can be procured, which I imagine would probably push his melee build ahead?

I loved the gently caress out of Melee Gambit, and used it to take him Cosmic 60.

Kelp Plankton posted:

also it is now mandatory for all Groot Force members to follow the official Tippy Toe twitter account

Never!

Soothing Vapors posted:

So whoever the Tara Strong voiced unannounced character is, they must not be part of AP2 if they don't even know yet?

Gaz's inner workings are a divine mystery

To everyone, including Gaz!

Eiffel On You posted:

True I mean Blade and War Machine technically haven't been announced. We only have up to Doom as being announced for anniversary. No other chars are announced for after Doom.

But Blade was announced for October release? :confused:

Telex posted:

What do you mean??? There are plenty of people begging for Maggot and Beak.

I'd LOVE it if they added Maggot. And Cecilia Reyes.

Eiffel On You posted:

Playable Leonard J Crabs PLS mr GAZ

And this guy.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Also, from Ry's MMOBomb interview:

MMOBomb: So when you were talking about working on Iceman in November, you really even have to “commit” to them before that, to line up the dialogue and voice acting.

RC: Oh yeah, we know when we’re going to do a character very, very far in advance. By December, we pretty much know who we want to do for the entire year.

What Ry doesn't say, is that it's not, "By December 2014, we know who we want to do for 2015", but, "By December 2014, we're pretty sure who we want to do for 2014".

nostrata
Apr 27, 2007

Well I couldn't find enough groots for a green raid earlier so I did my first pug green. If went OK for something with almost no communication. As I'm not a big raider this that never mattered before but I find myself 1 raid shy of getting my last 66 upgrade, so does that reset tonight? So if I raided again tomorrow I would get all my eyes or am I reading it wrong?

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Ryolnir posted:

Just to clear the room - there is no April Fool's hero this year. Our plate is full with other things.

EDIT: Man, you guys are gonna be mad when you find out I'm not lying!
But on the other hand he would say that, wouldn't he?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Wasn't it explicitly stated that there WAS a surprise April character though? Maybe the April character just isn't who we expect(Vision)?

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?
I can confirm the April surprise character is a key part of advanced idea mechanics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

Ajax posted:

I can confirm the April surprise character is a key part of advanced idea mechanics

playable Rocket Rex confirmed.

• Locked thread