Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Fateo McMurray posted:

Yay won my 10th MM game and now I'm ranked gold nova 1. Is that good?

Pretty good! You've skipped past the grueling silver mines and straight onto an uncertain career in agriculture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

DrGreatJob posted:

psh never buy rifles on T side, just buy a tec 9 and never stop moving forward.

Go to B site, go directly to B site, do not stop, do not pass go, do not collect $200.

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

Played my first Goonpug yesterday, after being out of the game since 1.6. Got my rear end handed to me so hard I actually got a migraine, but somehow I enjoyed myself. Also, I need a better mic/keybinds. Where's the autoexec.cfg, or do I have to make it and place it somewhere?

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
You need to make it yourself, it goes in the steamapps/common/Counter-Strike: GO/csgo/cfg/ folder

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
So ignore for a second that Valve has no interest in doing this, but what would you guys think of a "The International" for CS:GO?

Would you want one? What format should it use? When should it happen? Should it be invite/qual or all qual or what?

I'd like to see one. I'd love for it to be done in conjunction with current majors. Maybe some deal where placing to some level get's you an invite into the upper bracket, then do playoffs/quals for the lower bracket.

Icept
Jul 11, 2001
The big question is why the gently caress it hasn't happened yet, like a lot of things about CS:GO

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Icept posted:

The big question is why the gently caress it hasn't happened yet, like a lot of things about CS:GO

We know the answer to that: Valve time.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

ArfJason posted:

looka t this fukekn gen y piece of poo poo that doesnt know assault

Assault was my first map played, they had just introduced dualies in beta 9(?) and it was the coolest thing ever at the time. Greatest moment in pc gaming history.

Norton
Feb 18, 2006

afkmacro posted:

Assault was my first map played, they had just introduced dualies in beta 9(?) and it was the coolest thing ever at the time. Greatest moment in pc gaming history.

Beta 7. That was also when jeepathon2k was released, so a great moment indeed.

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
Ask your admin if BanMe® is right for you!
^o^

kcer posted:

I've seen mcvey do really good and it only took like 11 years

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Fateo McMurray posted:

Yay won my 10th MM game and now I'm ranked gold nova 1. Is that good?
I ranked Silver 2 so yes it's good and I hate you (I have climbed up to SEM after like 90 wins though).

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

satsui no thankyou posted:

buy rifles second round for ace potential

buy nova every round, literally

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
Lol if you didnt stop playing cs because dualies are unrealistic.

Skiant
Mar 10, 2013
I just want to say thank you for the good advice about lowering the mouse sensibility in the OP and the spray-practicing website.
I got significantly better at this lovely game now. I'm still too much of a scrub to go MM but I feel good about being in the top 3 when I play in casual.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Skiant posted:

I just want to say thank you for the good advice about lowering the mouse sensibility in the OP and the spray-practicing website.
I got significantly better at this lovely game now. I'm still too much of a scrub to go MM but I feel good about being in the top 3 when I play in casual.

Guess what MM is filled with miserable scrubs and you're absolutely ready. If you know where the shoot button is and you can operate both the movement and the camera at the same time you're ready.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

I should be buying a Tec9 every round at a minimum as T right?

Tec9 seems to annoy people based on the hate messages I get.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

satsui no thankyou posted:

buy rifles second round for ace potential

Lose rifles to an eco because pistols are strong in GO

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Fateo McMurray posted:

I should be buying a Tec9 every round at a minimum as T right?

Tec9 seems to annoy people based on the hate messages I get.

the object of CS is to win and annoy the other team so yes the tec9 fills the quota.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
$500 for the third best gun in the game? Yeah, yeah I'll take it.

Waltchelg posted:

It's better for the competitive community if they have multiple equally large events a year.
:agreed:

mcvey fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Mar 17, 2015

Waltchelg
Jan 21, 2009

Icept posted:

It's better for the competitive community if they have multiple equally large events a year. DotA's scene is pretty hosed with there only being one tournament a year that really matters.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
So why is the tec-9 toxic rising in price? I got dropped two of them around when i started playing and don't understand why

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Xenaero posted:

Lose rifles to an eco because pistols are strong in GO

For real. I end up winning more eco rounds than I lose.

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
Anti-Stumble unit is fail!
if every round was a pistolround I would be much better at this game

mr5 maxmoney800 mod let's go

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

ArfJason posted:

So why is the tec-9 toxic rising in price? I got dropped two of them around when i started playing and don't understand why

Someone mentioned olaf using it maybe starting the rise? Seems weird as hell to me but I guess there's prob a lot of kids who want to use the same skins as their fav pros.

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
it's the new matchfixing

pay off players to use skins that you have hoarded

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Ricky Bad Posts posted:

Someone mentioned olaf using it maybe starting the rise? Seems weird as hell to me but I guess there's prob a lot of kids who want to use the same skins as their fav pros.

Yup. He was using one all Katowice and they've jumped from a few cents to a few bucks (at least for the stat track version)

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

WOOO! Got a rank up at 12 wins. Silver 3.

Don't laugh at me I need this...

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

Ricky Bad Posts posted:

Yeah it tripled in value after they buffed it two more times and then tripled again during Katowice when Olof was killing more people with it than his AK.

e: well not exactly as i remembered it but it definitely spiked to $8 during ESL

Antares fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Mar 17, 2015

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Someone get me one of the Katowice pins.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Crain posted:

WOOO! Got a rank up at 12 wins. Silver 3.

Don't laugh at me I need this...

Took me like 50 wins to silver 3 so good going. I just ranked up to silver 4 last night, didn't take too long comparatively. Only a few more wins until I can stop slamming my dick in a car door and calling it Counter-Strike

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

Icept posted:

I don't get it. Yeah the game was a bit of a dud popularity wise, but not a disaster, until some point after Arms Deal and it's been flat on the accelerator since then and they are absolutely dominating all other PC FPS games, including F2P.

Carecat fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Mar 17, 2015

J
Jun 10, 2001

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

Only a few more wins until I can stop slamming my dick in a car door and calling it Counter-Strike

Bad news mate, the dick slamming never stops.

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

Only a few more wins until I can stop slamming my dick in a car door and calling it Counter-Strike

lol

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Can you tell how close you are to ranking up or does it just happen?

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Fateo McMurray posted:

Can you tell how close you are to ranking up or does it just happen?

It'll just happen at the end of a game.

J posted:

Bad news mate, the dick slamming never stops.

I guess I'll find a car with a softer doorjamb

Ephedra
Jan 5, 2010

Fight

->Jump<-

Item

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

It'll just happen at the end of a game.

I guess I'll find a car with a softer doorjamb

Nope. The higher you get the more people 'think' they know how to play and how you are doing it wrong. Before it was you are only a silver 3? Oh you are just a nova 2? Get the gently caress out of here you are an MG1 stfu. Lol DMG. Lollllllll RWS under 13 hahhaahaha

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

This is a good joke and made me laugh.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
Played a couple of fun semi-goonmans today. Had a string of good luck on dust2, epitomized by this ridiculous thing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbUWz37vDAY

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i bought my FN stat trak tec 9 titanium bit for the funny number of 69 cents when the gun was lovely and id use it all the time in t pistol rounds. its worth $9 now and i use duelies instead lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

no_funeral
Jul 4, 2004

why
lol @ pasha unboxing another fkn knife on stream (flip rust)

• Locked thread