Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Hand over the loot quick bitch, I'm fittin to grab the Mamma Mia! remaster and Tower Records closes in 20 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT
America is an... interesting place.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Hillary's twitter account has been a lot more active in the last 24 hours, responding to the issues of the day, and it was just announced that she's hired the DoJ's spokesman as her "Press Secretary", while DC reporters are noticing that a lot of people seem to have suddenly taken new jobs in New York.

What could it all mean??? :iiam:

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Hillary is planning to disrupt corrupt Governor Cuomo and will surprise the nation by running for Governor of New York.

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer
Maybe she's founding a third, centrist party with a national conciliation platform. That way she can thoroughly rebuke Obama and pledge to repeal the ACA while still getting most of the Democratic votes (vs. Biden/O'Malley).

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
:siren: Get ready for the yoogest, classiest, most historic Presidential exploratory committee ever! :siren:

quote:

Donald Trump will launch a presidential exploratory committee Wednesday, the eve of the business mogul’s return to New Hampshire.

A senior adviser tells the New Hampshire Union Leader that Trump will not be renewing his contract with NBC for the reality television “Apprentice” series.

Combined with staff hires, Trump’s announcement that he will form an exploratory committee for the first time is a sign the billionaire is seriously considering running for the Republican nomination.

Sweeps week starts April 23, so we only have to put up with this for a few weeks before NBC announces they're surprisingly rehiring him and he quits the campaign.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

All I want is a Republican presidential debate with Donald Trump. Let him get that far.

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

I don't understand the #tcot tag. It's Top Conservatives On Twitter, right? But the point of a hashtag is that anyone can contribute to it just by including it in the tweet. So you're not actually getting the top conservatives on Twitter, you're just getting everyone with an inflated enough ego to think that people want even more ways to hear their awful bigoted opinions-

-Okay, never mind, it works perfectly.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Joementum posted:

:siren: Get ready for the yoogest, classiest, most historic Presidential exploratory committee ever! :siren:

Sweeps week starts April 23, so we only have to put up with this for a few weeks before NBC announces they're surprisingly rehiring him and he quits the campaign.

Do it, Trump. Seriously do it. I've always wanted to see what happens when a brain-eating parasitic tribble and its human host try to run for president.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Cythereal posted:

Do it, Trump. Seriously do it. I've always wanted to see what happens when a brain-eating parasitic tribble and its human host try to run for president.

Trump runs for president every election to fleece idiots of campaign money, just like Palin. He never makes it to a primary, just pockets the cash and goes on his way.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Oxxidation posted:

Trump runs for president every election to fleece idiots of campaign money, just like Palin. He never makes it to a primary, just pockets the cash and goes on his way.

That's not how campaign finance works are you insane.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Oxxidation posted:

He hasn't gone this far before. Never set up an exploratory committee and not renewing contracts? He might actually make it to the primary this time.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Imagine the kind of sycophants who must surround him, the people who Donald Trump bounces ideas off of and encourage him to run for president.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

He hasn't gone this far before. Never set up an exploratory committee and not renewing contracts? He might actually make it to the primary this time.

April 2011: Donald Trump won't agree to a new contract while considering a campaign, hires staff in primary states, visits New Hampshire a few times.

May 2011: Donald Trump kicks off May sweeps by returning to Celebrity Apprentice

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Pinterest Mom posted:

That's not how campaign finance works are you insane.

No, just a clairvoyant.

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer

Joementum posted:

April 2011: Donald Trump won't agree to a new contract while considering a campaign, hires staff in primary states, visits New Hampshire a few times.

May 2011: Donald Trump kicks off May sweeps by returning to Celebrity Apprentice

If I recall correctly, he only returned because the new batch of portfolios really intrigued him.

Series DD Funding
Nov 25, 2014

by exmarx

FAUXTON posted:

No, just a clairvoyant.

Yeah I'm sure a billionaire is going to commit easily-detectable federal felonies for whatever pittance dumb people donate.

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.

TEAYCHES posted:

Imagine the kind of sycophants who must surround him, the people who Donald Trump bounces ideas off of and encourage him to run for president.

"I'm a karate master aint I, Red?"

"You sure are, Elvis"

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Series DD Funding posted:

Yeah I'm sure a billionaire is going to commit easily-detectable federal felonies for whatever pittance dumb people donate.

IN A FIVE FOUR DECISION...

(Clairvoyant in the sense that it won't stay illegal once the court gets a hold of it, not that Trump will just try it but given his business acumen it's not impossible)

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

While you're right that Trump won't break the law in any way that rich people can get arrested for, don't forget that he is remarkably stupid and greedy.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

Freudian posted:

I don't understand the #tcot tag. It's Top Conservatives On Twitter, right? But the point of a hashtag is that anyone can contribute to it just by including it in the tweet. So you're not actually getting the top conservatives on Twitter, you're just getting everyone with an inflated enough ego to think that people want even more ways to hear their awful bigoted opinions-

-Okay, never mind, it works perfectly.

True Conservatives on Twitter is what I have heard a lot of places and makes more sense then Top.

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007

Yeah! The dont pocket the campaign cash. Most are just pimping a ghostwritten book that will be bought up by the campaign as gifts for donors.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Trump isn't actually a billionaire and literally every campaign above county dog catcher is filled with graft :ssh:

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

There has been tons of well founded speculation that Trump's personal finances are shaky as gently caress and at one point he desperately needed the money from The Apprentice to stay afloat. He has always been highly leveraged but most of the deals he has done for a long time are mostly licensing deals and his brand is in the shitter.

ohgodwhat
Aug 6, 2005

Noted liar/moron/egotist/shithead Trump says he's a billionaire, and I believe him

Meg From Family Guy
Feb 4, 2012

This guy's dumber than I am

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Campaign money is a good way to float your luxury lifestyle and push your own stuff, even if you aren't just pocketing cash.

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer
Trump would be a better President than any of the other likely GOP contenders.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Lockback posted:

Campaign money is a good way to float your luxury lifestyle and push your own stuff, even if you aren't just pocketing cash.

So is bankruptcy, and Trump knows more about that than anyone.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

ohgodwhat posted:

Noted liar/moron/egotist/shithead Trump says he's a billionaire, and I believe him

It's more than that, it's been speculated for years that Trump is not only not a billionaire that he has staggering amounts of debt and that's been amazing that he has been able to keep his head above water for as long as he has.

Only Trump and his accountants know what is true and not true but there apparently have been signs for a long time that he has comparatively very little in assets that he hasn't borrowed the poo poo against/actually almost entirely belong to other investors.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

I'm sure all his investments in Atlantic City have contributed to his current prosperity.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

TEAYCHES posted:

I'm sure all his investments in Atlantic City have contributed to his current prosperity.

He's here to tell us the secret of how to cash in a straw man account.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Three Olives posted:

It's more than that, it's been speculated for years that Trump is not only not a billionaire that he has staggering amounts of debt and that's been amazing that he has been able to keep his head above water for as long as he has.

Only Trump and his accountants know what is true and not true but there apparently have been signs for a long time that he has comparatively very little in assets that he hasn't borrowed the poo poo against/actually almost entirely belong to other investors.

Yeah, Trump has a ton of debt, and everything with his name on it isn't actually run by him. His source of wealth is primarily licensing his name to things.

That being said, the way he is able to keep his head above water is that the luxury brands with his name on it only profit if the figurehead seems to be rich. If Trump the man flames out, Trump the band is right behind it, which would sink those other investors. Therefore, those other investors have to keep both the man and brand built up, so the money keeps flowing into them.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

This is how Donald Trump will pocket the cash. He will sell these books and make money from their sales. Or he can have a Super PAC, which he totally has not leadership connection with, purchase as many books as possible and give them away at campaign stops. Thus Super PAC money goes into Trump's pockets.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

who are the people who buy Donald Trump books and read them. Can you imagine being literate enough to read a book and buying Donald Trump's book and then reading it?

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

TEAYCHES posted:

who are the people who buy Donald Trump books and read them. Can you imagine being literate enough to read a book and buying Donald Trump's book and then reading it?

They don't need to read it, they just need to buy it (or more specifically, some entity buys a bunch and leaves them in a warehouse, he gets money either way).

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
Reminder that Trump made his fortune the old fashioned way - he inherited it.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Nintendo Kid posted:

They don't need to read it, they just need to buy it (or more specifically, some entity buys a bunch and leaves them in a warehouse, he gets money either way).

That's what will happen to the vast majority of the books so that radio/newspapers can say that it was Nth on the top sellers lists for a week. However there will be a few bought by individuals. Of course these are generally bought for ideological reasons, to show they're smart like that self-made (inherited) billionaire (dubious) Trump (and his toupee) and proudly placed on a shelf, lorded over lesser people until everyone forgets about Trump's run for president. It will not be bought to be read.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

TEAYCHES posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

TEAYCHES posted:

You would be surprised as to what people read. Terribly, terribly surprised. Sarah Palin's PAC wasn't the only one buying her book after all.

• Locked thread