Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYmWApVVA_I

:pcgaming:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Cashing in on Wreck-It Ralph, eh?

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

well i'm

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
did warialasky do this movie?

only 2013 youtubers will get this

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

Bean posted:

9 is the best Final Fantasy full stop.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

anyone who can sit through this without vomiting in their mouths a little should be avoided

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Excels posted:

anyone who can sit through this without vomiting in their mouths a little should be avoided

I sat through the Super Mario brothers movie when it was in theaters, I can sit through this.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
the mario movie loving owned...

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

THE PENETRATOR posted:

the mario movie loving owned...

Yeah it kinda did. But I had the hardest loving time wondering why the cartoon, the movie, and the games never matched up. Like none of the places they went to were ever in the game and they were all separate poo poo. Liek none of the NES and SNES mario games had a city environment.

Then again I had the same issue about the G1 transformer toys not resembling how the characters looked on screen.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
The only okay Final Fantasies are ones where they take ideas from other games.

Final Fantasy tactics is just a lovely ogre battle. The original Final Fantasy was cashing in on the popularity of a game that looked almost identical. And so on.

As for that movie, it probably would have been good in the nineties, when Adam Sandler was funny

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Nasgate posted:

, when Adam Sandler was funny

People complained that his jokes were too racey which is what he doesn't do poo poo like "They're all gonna Laugh at you" anymore. It was either do very mindnumbing safe comedies or be fired.

Adam Sandler was someone who's entire career was based on kicking political correctness to the curb. Once he couldn't do that anymore he lost his inner fire.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
be fired by who? from what?

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!
Probably the feminati used their influence to stop him

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

The Taint Reaper posted:

People complained that his jokes were too racey which is what he doesn't do poo poo like "They're all gonna Laugh at you" anymore. It was either do very mindnumbing safe comedies or be fired.

Adam Sandler was someone who's entire career was based on kicking political correctness to the curb. Once he couldn't do that anymore he lost his inner fire.

the gently caress are you talking about, this is a man who still makes "lesbians are butch" jokes and made a movie where the inciting incident is a kid loving his teacher

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

gay skull posted:

Also I couldn't think of any Irish games, or anything really very "green" to play for St Patrick's Day. I guess I coulda played the Flogging Molly songs in Guitar Hero but gently caress it I burnt out on that game years ago

one of my favorite crusader kings memories is brutally suppressing an english revolt in my irish british empire while listening to irish rebel songs

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

theres gonna be a boardgame about the irish war of independence coming out next year or so and its gonna own

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Lurdiak posted:

the gently caress are you talking about, this is a man who still makes "lesbians are butch" jokes and made a movie where the inciting incident is a kid loving his teacher

Not hardcore enough I'm sorry. It all went downhill after big daddy.

He's also like 50 at this point I think, old people are supposed to get more raunchy with age.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

The Taint Reaper posted:

on the other hand, 8 crazy nights

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
so just to be clear the PC police ruined his career at the exact point when he established happy madison, effectively becoming his own boss

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Zombies' Downfall posted:

so just to be clear the PC police ruined his career at the exact point when he established happy madison, effectively becoming his own boss

Rob Schneider also played a part and dragged him down with him, he should have cut the dead weight.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
idk how rob schneider yet lives

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Apparently Peter Dinklage is going to play the King of Kong guy in this Pixels movie. The one who has his own brand of Hot Sauce.

Oooooooohhh holy poo poo this movie is just like the One Futurama episode, the same order of events are happening. The Aliens are after quarters, THAT'S THE BIG SPOILER!

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Mar 18, 2015

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Zombies' Downfall posted:

idk how rob schneider yet lives

i got angry for a second and then realized youre not talking about Roy Scheider

e: especially since hes apparently already dead

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
adam sandler was coincidentally destroyed by The Man and Feminists at the exact time i became too mature to be amused by movies entirely based around people falling down and farting

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

corn in the bible posted:

adam sandler was coincidentally destroyed by The Man and Feminists at the exact time i became too mature to be amused by movies entirely based around people falling down and farting

So "mature" is now a synonym for "no longer among the living"?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

chumbler posted:

So "mature" is now a synonym for "no longer among the living"?

youll understand when you grow up

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

that scene in jack and jill where jill eats mexican food and it makes her fart? comedy gold. oscar material, imho

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
Adam Sandler has an extra chromosome, which unfortunately consists only of the gay gene

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Golden Goat fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Mar 18, 2015

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

You know I think Metal Gear Rising and Godhand are my favorite Platinum/Clover brawler games because they don't have a loving goddamn space shooter section crammed into them. Suda51 does this poo poo too and it drives me insaaaaane. The gimmick is only amusing the first time around, it kills repeat playthroughs.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

A movie only true gamers can appreciate.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

A Steampunk Gent posted:

If anyone's going to make smartphone gaming not suck it's Nintendo

Smartphone games are still gonna suck

actually mobile gaming owns sorry

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Stux posted:

as long as you mean handheld like a 3ds or vita. if you mean phone then what the gently caress but then again, Stux so...

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Stux posted:

No phone and tablet games suck hot garbage out of a putrid rear end.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
It was mentioned by FactsAreUseless so I just wanna say that I liked all entries in the Shadow Hearts series.

Koudelka is also the origin of the most protracted Dark Souls reference.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Stux posted:

:jerkbag:

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Lurdiak posted:

You know I think Metal Gear Rising and Godhand are my favorite Platinum/Clover brawler games because they don't have a loving goddamn space shooter section crammed into them. Suda51 does this poo poo too and it drives me insaaaaane. The gimmick is only amusing the first time around, it kills repeat playthroughs.
it's really good that the best and coolest boss fight in Bayonetta is at the end of the most protracted and terrible one of these yet

Revengeance still managed to cram in a 20-second space harrier bit in the Sundowner boss fight, it wasn't really a problem but they just can't loving help themselves lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Lurdiak posted:

You know it'd be nice if they did it like Panzer dragoon and made it all scenic and control a lot better but it's such a lovely shooting gallery.

• Locked thread