Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.
I really can't think of a better way to explore trendy college issues than from the unique viewpoints of suburban American middle-aged cartoon sharks.

Sherman's Lagoon

Well now won't the predatory college industry just love to sink its teeth into you.

Let me guess. It's taught by nurse sharks

I think you should go with a loan shark instead. You can't trust crabs.

Yes, you are going to die, but that has more to do with the fact that you're not swimming and keeping oxygen flowing over your gills.

Watch out Cindy. "Nurses eat their young." I guess sharks too, but I'm not too sure on that one.

Midnight Moth fucked around with this message at 09:27 on Mar 18, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Judge Parker

That steak was only three days away from retirement.

9 Chickweed Lane

Oh look, it's that broken down strip about cats again.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

ugh, Mother Goose & Grimm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlMoDUBIg00

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

DIlbert

Red Meat

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Johnny Walker posted:

Rex Morgan MD
Is it just me, or is June suddenly way more pregnant?

Mandrake the Magician

The Phantom

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

I'm often surprised at what Scott Adams gets away with.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Skippy (January 18, 1928)

Peanuts (March 20, 1968)

Funky Winkerbean

First reaction: ...and that's why Funky is on his second marriage. This rear end in a top hat is supposed to be an advisor and confidant? That's how hosed Cindy is at this point in her life.

Second reaction: BUDDYBLOG. :argh:

Popeye

Rip Haywire

Out Our Way (November 1-2, 1926)

Our exciting Western melodrama has taken a turn. :ohdear:

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Ghostlight posted:

This whole thing annoys me because there exist contemporary sketches of the Dodo done from live subjects. It's not like what they looked like was invented wholecloth from some bits of bone.

It's really frustrating to read of models of Dodos being pieced together from random bits of bone when we've got one stuffed. Just have those randy shapeshifters change into a velociraptor if you want to do this dumb metaphor!

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?
Jane's World

I'm betting Chelle' snoring.

Non Sequitur

ancientjoke.jpg

Phoebe and Her Unicorn didn't update.

Kliban

The saddest king.

:smith:

9 Chickweed Lane 3/18/2004

Zits

Sketchy girls are the best.

Kevin & Kell

I wonder if they, like, have to stay in from recess or something if they kill and disembowel a classmate.

:unsmith:

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Dinette Set are harsh judges.

Working Daze confuses "geek" with "jackass".

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
Cul-de-sac

The Creeps imagine this dialog in place of that drek Zakour writes and it's a lot funnier.

Heathcliff

I feel like we've done this heathcliff before.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Suddenly the final diner scene in Pulp Fiction seems really badly written.

Ema Nymton
Apr 26, 2008

the place where I come from
is a small town
Buglord

Julet Esqu posted:

Oof. That's gotta be uncomfortable for Lynn, looking back. Does she still do the commentary on these things on her site?

I almost forgot about that. If I knew where it was, I'd go look.

Oh boy, there's more. :stare: This is even noticeably atonal for the strip as it was at the time. It kinda sticks out.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
Monty

Mike du Jour

Intelligent Life

Retail

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

To be fair, parents actually act like this all the time.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Evil Mastermind posted:

The gently caress are these poses.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

kidcoelacanth posted:

What, you don't walk by balancing awkwardly on one leg with the other foot up by your knee and turned 90 degrees at the waist?

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Tiggum posted:

The Phantom

Never change, old Phantom. :allears:

Edit: I realize it's an edit, but I want it to be true.

Green Intern fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Mar 18, 2015

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
pluggers

Sharay
Apr 19, 2008

Evil Mastermind posted:

What, you don't walk by balancing awkwardly on one leg with the other foot up by your knee and turned 90 degrees at the waist?

... straight into a wall.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Emmy Lou

Mandrake the Magician

The Phantom

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

EasyEW posted:

Out Our Way (November 1-2, 1926)

Our exciting Western melodrama has taken a turn. :ohdear:
I was able to follow the Smoky storyline, but I've lost this one somewhere. Can anyone provide a quick outline? This kid is some kind of orphan or runaway or something? He broke the law somewhere and Pinkerton boys are after him?

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

Evil Mastermind posted:

This "joke" is really bad because the TV series wins by default, since the book series is called "A Song of Ice and Fire" not "Game of Thrones". Not that I should have expected better from the people behind this comic. I haven't even read or watched any of them and I know this, what would actual fans think.

GorfZaplen posted:

Mandrake the Magician

I'm really hoping Mandrake "Ices" these robbers just like his father, but it seems he's just going to give them a talking to.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Johnny Walker posted:

I was able to follow the Smoky storyline, but I've lost this one somewhere. Can anyone provide a quick outline? This kid is some kind of orphan or runaway or something? He broke the law somewhere and Pinkerton boys are after him?

Curly found the boy, thinking him a stray, tried to get him a job at the ranch. Ranch owner said No, so Curly told him to gently caress off, and he and the kid left.
Then Curly finds the kid has 1200 bucks, and yeah the Pinkertons are after them. They laid a trap and while Curly beat the poo poo out of 4 dudes there, that one guy managed to hit him in the head with a wrench.

As to the details with the kid and the money, well I'm sure we'll find out on the next couple days.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Johnny Aztec posted:

Then Curly finds the kid has 1200 bucks
And as has been pointed out, in 2015 that's around $15,800.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Johnny Aztec posted:

that one guy managed to hit him in the head with a wrench.

That one guy has hit him with his rifle hard enough to break the stock.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Johnny Aztec posted:

Curly found the boy, thinking him a stray, tried to get him a job at the ranch. Ranch owner said No, so Curly told him to gently caress off, and he and the kid left.
Then Curly finds the kid has 1200 bucks, and yeah the Pinkertons are after them. They laid a trap and while Curly beat the poo poo out of 4 dudes there, that one guy managed to hit him in the head with a wrench.

As to the details with the kid and the money, well I'm sure we'll find out on the next couple days.

That's no wrench, that's the shattered remains of a rifle. Curly's skull broke it.

Alterian
Jan 28, 2003

kidcoelacanth posted:

They both have to pee REALLY bad.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

kidcoelacanth posted:

How better to appreciate those giant, schlubby asses, I ask you.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Green Intern posted:

That's no wrench, that's the shattered remains of a rifle. Curly's skull broke it.

Looking at it again, yes you are right. The broken part of the stock is on the ground. It always makes more sense since why the gently caress would they have a big monkey wrench out in the desert?

Also, holy poo poo

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.

Immediately screwed up the meter, gj Retail

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.
A century ago we had a single panel clearly conveying that a cowboy bare-knuckle brawled three dudes and won, only to be laid low by a guy whanging him upside the back of the head with a rifle so hard the rifle broke.

Today we have two amorphous blobs either walking directly into a blank wall, or about to turn and collide into each other. Either way, they are arguing about which aspect of a multimedia fiction is more canon.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

Huh. I did a mental double take and had to scroll back up again to have a second look. That's clearly a reasonably modern gas stove range (and probably oven) yet it has a wood fired range/oven flue pipe complete with damper. Weird.

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.
What happened to the stalker girl in Intelligent Life? Seriously, what was the point of that?

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo

Midnight Moth posted:

What happened to the stalker girl in Intelligent Life? Seriously, what was the point of that?

She was mildly interested in him, then she met him and it fizzled immediately.

Trilobite
Aug 15, 2001

Johnny Aztec posted:

If it follows along the usual formula for this kind of thing, the Pinkertons were after the kid because he's the runaway son of a rich man (the one who came out in a hurry when they sent him a telegram).

Dr. Dos
Aug 5, 2005

YAAAAAAAY!

CommaToes posted:

It's a (generous) metaphor for the comic itself.

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.

CommaToes posted:

So now with no other potential romantic interest we'll go back to the status quo of our hero creepily fantasizing about his coworker he has a platonic friendship with. Fantastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThePlague-Daemon
Apr 16, 2008

~Neck Angels~
Hey, you people like Prince Valiant, right? My school's hosting a small gallery featuring local-ish comic artists, including Thomas Yeates, current artist on Prince Valiant. I got to check it out during the opening a couple weeks ago when they had the artists in attendance, and I thought I'd get pictures of the Prince Valiant sketches and inks on display for the thread. Then I got lazy, but here they are now (sorry for the quality, I'm not good at phone pictures):

That middle photo on the bottom is a nightmare and I am very sorry. But anyway, it was neat seeing these because I remembered them from an earlier iteration of this thread.

• Locked thread