Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Rorac posted:

How is that hard to understand?

You'd be surprised.

Continued CDC report: It's the bees knees. Seriously, it is a total monster. It shits credits when you do even just OK, and when you see a lovely CDC player on the other team it is a XP piñata. It is like a win/win situation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dukket
Apr 28, 2007
So I says to her, I says “LADY, that ain't OIL, its DIRT!!”
I know this isn't exciting to most of you, but I just got my Ace in the Birch Gun. I didn't think that would happen

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

SR posted:

- Not only penetration nerf was scrapped in 9.7 - all the other "compensation" buffs (like the accuracy on the move for several medium tanks) were cancelled as well;

Aww. I was looking forward to a 0,15/0,14 Batchat.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

Rorac posted:

I got the JgTiger 8.8 recently, friend gifted it to me.

I just have to ask: What in the flying gently caress are people DOING in this thing? This is one of the easiest, most simple vehicles I've ever played, and in less than 50 games I've broken more average damage than 50% of the playerbase, and that's assuming my other 50ish games are all zeros. And this is coming from a person that has played an excessive amount of the T29 and Type 59, both pretty loving easy vehicles to learn and use.

I mean for fucks sake, I'm not even all that great at tank destroyers, but there's no part of this machine that's bad, except maybe, MAYBE the turning rate, which considering the armor and the amount of bounces I've been able to do with even a little sidescraping, I can live with a lowish turn rate.

I just, I can't wrap my head around it. It's not like this is an autoloader or a scout or anything complicated, you just find a little bit of cover, and hold left click and watch everything get DPM'd into dust. How is that hard to understand?

It's the new KV-5. People look for the cheapest tier 8 premium, buy it, and then do terribly because oops they're still tier 3 shitlers that don't know what camo is. Add the "History Channel told me that Germans were the best" factory, and you have people running out into the open and dying after firing 2-3 shots.

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

Rorac posted:

I got the JgTiger 8.8 recently, friend gifted it to me.

I just have to ask: What in the flying gently caress are people DOING in this thing? This is one of the easiest, most simple vehicles I've ever played, and in less than 50 games I've broken more average damage than 50% of the playerbase, and that's assuming my other 50ish games are all zeros. And this is coming from a person that has played an excessive amount of the T29 and Type 59, both pretty loving easy vehicles to learn and use.

I mean for fucks sake, I'm not even all that great at tank destroyers, but there's no part of this machine that's bad, except maybe, MAYBE the turning rate, which considering the armor and the amount of bounces I've been able to do with even a little sidescraping, I can live with a lowish turn rate.

I just, I can't wrap my head around it. It's not like this is an autoloader or a scout or anything complicated, you just find a little bit of cover, and hold left click and watch everything get DPM'd into dust. How is that hard to understand?

They are giant and have bad side armor. Pubbies think bouncing a shell once means their entire tank is bulletproof, so they'll wander into the Himmelsdorf courtyard and get mega-hosed from all sides.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Besides the glorius rear end bounce against the T69, I think this shows how good a CDC can be:

Replay: http://wotreplays.com/site/1717104#abbey-mesadoram-amx_chasseur_de_chars

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Slim Jim Pickens posted:

They are giant and have bad side armor. Pubbies think bouncing a shell once means their entire tank is bulletproof, so they'll wander into the Himmelsdorf courtyard and get mega-hosed from all sides.

It's also incredibly slow, which leads to suicidal "gently caress me I just want something to happen" charges (for sad values of "charge").

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Why did I wait this long to buy a KV-2? This is actually fun to play. Feed me tanks.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

Mesadoram posted:

You'd be surprised.

Continued CDC report: It's the bees knees. Seriously, it is a total monster. It shits credits when you do even just OK, and when you see a lovely CDC player on the other team it is a XP piñata. It is like a win/win situation.

I honestly don't really like the CDC. It makes money, its comfy to drive and it can really do damage, but goddamn is it's size and armor a problem. I think I'm way too aggressive with it, but hanging back just isn't my thing.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Please tell me someone watched that replay and noticed that the 39% bot Hellcat got the 4th highest damage on our team (after my platoon of course), ahead of literally every other living player. :suicide:

We need validation after that clusterfuck. :ohdear:

(And also he's "cleverly" named "BalloonKnotKiller". :jerkbag:)

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

playing on a macbook via winewrapper

any suggestions?

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

guidoanselmi posted:

any suggestions?

Get rid of the Macbook.

Check into graphics drivers? Sorry I can't help you more, I play PC games on Windows like Obama intended.

srb
Jul 24, 2007
These last couple of days have been horrendous. What the hell happened? I just had a tier 10 game on Karelia where 4 tanks left base.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

srb posted:

These last couple of days have been horrendous. What the hell happened? I just had a tier 10 game on Karelia where 4 tanks left base.

I know the feeling, I just could not win yesterday:

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

The day 10 mission reward was 24 hours of premium. Free premium days are the worst.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

srb posted:

Maybe cause all the good players decided to play battlebotes.
Which is of course new, but I prefer playing a 3dimensional game.
Tanks is still more fun for a given definition of "fun".

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT MY RADLEY-WALTERS' MEDAL

Is that medal for being the most intolerable poster in a thread about Warhammer 40.000 novels? Because if it is, you sure blew the competition out of the water, son.

guidoanselmi posted:

any suggestions?

I'm going to echo Atomizer and say sell your macbook, then buy a Windows laptop with a discrete video card.

If you want to play games Mac has been the worst choice since the Apple IIe.

Wipe your HD; sell it, then buy a gaming lappy. You'll just about break even.

The Southern Dandy fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Mar 18, 2015

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

srb posted:

Same. Averaging 3k wn8 and losing 75% of my games. One of my few wins from yesterday was a T-44 game where I carried my team with 5000 damage.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Which variety MacBook? For the brand new one the XPS 13 is better, for the air basically any ultrabook with a modern screen is better, and for the Pro, the Razer Blade is better except for connections if you like dongles.

Joking, I think I know someone who used to play who might be able to help, but I wouldn't count on it, I think they gave up because the afk penalties and crashing a lot don't mix.

srb
Jul 24, 2007

The Southern Dandy posted:

I'm going to echo Atomizer and say sell your macbook, then buy a Windows laptop with a discrete video card.

If you want to play games Mac has been the worst choice since the Apple IIe.

Wipe your HD; sell it, then buy a gaming lappy. You'll just about break even.

Apple IIe is not a Mac :eng101:

As for the Mac problem, it seems that it's an issue with HD models. Try playing with settings, up and down, for textures and model detail.

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT MY RADLEY-WALTERS' MEDAL

Is that medal for being the most intolerable poster in a thread about Warhammer 40.000 novels? Because if it is, you sure blew the competition out of the water, son.

srb posted:

Apple IIe is not a Mac :eng101:

As for the Mac problem, it seems that it's an issue with HD models. Try playing with settings, up and down, for textures and model detail.

Don't you sass me!

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

jokes on you guys. this one weird trick made my tank invisible to the other team too!

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

Mesadoram posted:

I know the feeling, I just could not win yesterday:

I thought I would try to get some shamrocks last night and gave up after going 2 for 24. What the gently caress.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

We now have preliminary stats on the Type 59 Patton. They are dreadful (Status Report).

Also have a reskinned VK36 premium. Told you it was coming.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Pillbug

Prav posted:

We now have preliminary stats on the Type 59 Patton. They are dreadful (Status Report).

A tier 6 Tiger premium is free money for Wargaming, and I am amazed they didn't make one sooner.

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

Prav posted:

haha those are awful

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

Ensign Expendable posted:

A tier 6 Tiger premium is free money for Wargaming, and I am amazed they didn't make one sooner.

Can't wait for all the pubbies to cry about how it's Japanese!

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Prav posted:

Japanese Tiger...

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

I can't wait to paint it in that fantastic cobalt blue desert camo pattern.

Prav fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Mar 18, 2015

Gervasius
Nov 2, 2010

Grimey Drawer

I'd buy premium soviet capturedTiger with D-10T in a heartbeat. Also, whine from the wehraboos would be glorious.

Weren't there some renders of captured german tanks shown a year ago or so? What happened to those anyway?

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Prav posted:

I can't wait to paint it in that fantastic cobalt blue desert camo pattern.

So far, the only redeeming feature of the Japanese tanks I've seen so far.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Cardiac posted:

Tanks is still more fun
From my experiences in the botes beta, I can actually tell you that this is, in fact, false.

Though I gotta say, I'm still looking forwards to all the various whining the premium Tiger is bound to bring up

"Wahhh it doesn't have the long 88! It's UP, buff it! :qq:"
"A bloo bloo my glorious Krupp warmachine is operated by inferior Asiatic Untermenschen :qq:"

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Pillbug

Gervasius posted:

I'd buy premium soviet capturedTiger with D-10T in a heartbeat. Also, whine from the wehraboos would be glorious.

Weren't there some renders of captured german tanks shown a year ago or so? What happened to those anyway?

They can't decide what to do with them, IIRC. Odds are they will come out when historical battles return.

srb
Jul 24, 2007
Did the Soviets try and put useful guns on any Panzer III's they captured, beyond converting them to assault guns?

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Pillbug

srb posted:

Did the Soviets try and put useful guns on any Panzer III's they captured, beyond converting them to assault guns?

There was a plan for a PzIII armed with a 45 mm gun, but they never built any.

maev
Dec 6, 2010
Economically illiterate Tory Boy Bollocks brain.
Keep away from children

Nordick posted:

From my experiences in the botes beta, I can actually tell you that this is, in fact, false.

Though I gotta say, I'm still looking forwards to all the various whining the premium Tiger is bound to bring up

"Wahhh it doesn't have the long 88! It's UP, buff it! :qq:"
"A bloo bloo my glorious Krupp warmachine is operated by inferior Asiatic Untermenschen :qq:"

Seriously though, a historically armed tier 6 Tiger. Wargaming have just done this, so much money is going to be spent on that thing.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Oh, definitely. I'm just sure there will always be the vocal minority of super-pubbies who won't be satisfied because :pubbie reasons:.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Pillbug
If you read the official forums (never do this) you will discover plenty of pubbies that demand the Tiger to have 200 mm of armour (because the Germans used alloys, you see) and have a gun that can penetrate and one-shot any tank (legendary and feared 88!), at tier 5 (T-34 and Sherman are historical enemies!).

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

If you read the official forums (never do this) you will discover plenty of pubbies that demand the Tiger to have 200 mm of armour (because the Germans used alloys, you see) and have a gun that can penetrate and one-shot any tank (legendary and feared 88!), at tier 5 (T-34 and Sherman are historical enemies!).

They'd also need to give it a removed engine governor effect so it breaks down all the time. Or is MAN AG foolproof for its diesels as well?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Haha the fact that they are making it Japanese feels like a great way to troll out some wehraboo tears.