Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
It seems like their would be a lot of food supply problems when 3/5s of the population has effectively abandoned farming and civilization and giant dragons are constantly burninating the countryside. Who's growing those bananas?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110

Yawgmoth posted:

So does anyone know what the prerelease cards for the clans will be/ All I can dig up is speculation.

These don't really get released until people put it together after the fact, I don't think.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
New Tarkir seems pretty cool guys I don't know what you're talking about

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Entropic posted:

It seems like their would be a lot of food supply problems when 3/5s of the population has effectively abandoned farming and civilization and giant dragons are constantly burninating the countryside. Who's growing those bananas?

Clearly they primarily hunt the dragons that pop out of Ugin's dragon storm. Also, the food comes from the same place that the water of the single river in the entire plane comes from.

dragon enthusiast posted:

New Tarkir seems pretty cool guys I don't know what you're talking about

Not all of us like the taste of dragon rear end.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Entropic posted:

I think maybe a thing we have to assume is that a large amount of people are now dead

Or maybe everyone just eats dead dragons, they're a constantly appearing food source if you think about it

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
If it's anything like previous sets, your seeded pack will have one of 8 or so possible on-clan-colors rares, one of the possibilities being your brood's Elder Dragon, and your pack will be guaranteed to have the common dual land and the dragon monument mana rock thing.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Entropic posted:

Congratulations, you were the banana grower all along.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
It'd be nice to see a plane where for once everything doesn't go to poo poo and not everyone's an rear end in a top hat.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

TheKingofSprings posted:

It'd be nice to see a plane where for once everything doesn't go to poo poo and not everyone's an rear end in a top hat.

Hey on Kamigawa they resolve the issue and send the second least assholish person on the plane to Dominaria!

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C
Innistrad got better and ravnica is stable, right?

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.

Molybdenum posted:

ravnica is stable, right?
Yeah, but pretty much everyone who isn't an rear end in a top hat is either dead or Jace.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Molybdenum posted:

Innistrad got better and ravnica is stable, right?

Yeah but Ravnica epitomizes the idea of a plane where everyone's an rear end in a top hat.

Moatman posted:

Yeah, but pretty much everyone who isn't an rear end in a top hat is either dead or Jace.

implying jace isn't an rear end in a top hat

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Cernunnos posted:

Also the new Event Deck:

:geno: The B/W Warriors one was better, I think, and the Clash Pack was better still.

They really don't like to give out multiples of Rares (even the crappy ones like Polis Crusher) do they? You'd think they'd put like 2-3 Knuckleblades in there instead of the Crusher and a Fanatic of Xenagos. Also a Foothills instead of a Temple.

Hey. Thunderbreak Regent may very well turn out to be the chase rare of the set (like Tasigur). It really is super value in an already aggressive archetype. What's the MSRP on this thing?

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013
Can't wait for Fate Re-Reforged and Dragons And Khans Of Tarkir

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

forbidden lesbian posted:

Or maybe everyone just eats dead dragons, they're a constantly appearing food source if you think about it
There we go. If the humans ever sucessfully rebel, they can build a big dragon-burning furnace and have a free infinitely renewable energy source.

Rimusutera
Oct 17, 2014

vegetables posted:

Being in the Dromoka sounds okay if you don't like your ancestors, and I can't stand mine so I'd be golden.

All the same, it's depressing how all my favourite settings - Dominaria, Mirrodin and now Tarkir - keep getting turned into less interesting hellhole versions of themselves. It's like Creative needs to know a setting will be irretrievably destroyed before they're able to make it interesting.

Mirrodin is clearly better now that its been compleated into New Phyrexia. Glory to the Father of Machines.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
How were Scars' retconed gerbil goblins received?

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp
I'd rank the clans, from best to live in to worst as follows:

Dromoka
Ojutai
Atarka/Kolaghan (tie/depends on personal preference)
Silumgar

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C
I think when ugin wakes up he's going to tell the elder dragons to quit being d-bags.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Barry Shitpeas posted:

Can't wait for Fate Re-Reforged and Dragons And Khans Of Tarkir

The next five blocks are about Sarkhan getting his hand stuck in a toaster and constantly going back to change the timeline over and over, resulting in weirder and weirder alternate timelines. Bear-men of Tarkir. Cats of Tarkir. Fish of Tarkir. Treefolk of Tarkir. Khans of Tarkir except it rains Donuts sometimes.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Aranan posted:

I'm thinking of hitting up the DTK prerelease. I haven't done limited since, uh, Invasion? And I wasn't really good at it back then. I've read about BREAD and all that, but I'm looking at the DTK and FRF lists and not doing great at picking out the good/bad cards. Anyone have some pointers for me?

Also check this article out: http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/feature/dragons-tarkir-prerelease-primer-2015-03-16

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Molybdenum posted:

I think when ugin wakes up he's going to tell the elder dragons to quit being d-bags.

Like Ugin gives a poo poo. Sorin cares about the personal balance of planes, but Ugin's just happy to have a dragon farm.

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013

Entropic posted:

The next five blocks are about Sarkhan getting his hand stuck in a toaster and constantly going back to change the timeline over and over, resulting in weirder and weirder alternate timelines. Bear-men of Tarkir. Cats of Tarkir. Fish of Tarkir. Treefolk of Tarkir. Khans of Tarkir except it rains Donuts sometimes.

No Rhinos of Tarkir, no sale

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Entropic posted:

Cons of Tarkir.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Entropic posted:

You're neglecting 2/5s and 2/2s and 1/3s and I read that ratio as p/t

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

6/6s get the lion share of the bananas

E: Dragon share

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Obviously the best alternate future would be Tapirs of Tarkir.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Deers of Tarkir. Finally the Elk tribal set we've all been waiting for.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Sharkan needs to be eaten by a dragon.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Bread Set Jettison posted:

6/6s get the lion share of the bananas

E: Dragon share

Yeah man lions are like 2/1's

Also I would play in Creeping Tar Pits of Tar Kir.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Karns of Tarkir would be pretty OP.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Kats of Tarkir :3:

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Clams of Takir

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
So what's the downside of living with the Dromoka brood, you know the one that doesn't force you to ride to battle loving constantly and doesn't eat you or turn you into a zombie? Why would anyone agree to be in a clan that wasn't the Ojutai or the Dromoka?

clamiam45
Sep 10, 2005

HIGH FIVE! I'M GAY TOO!!!!!!

Finally.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Giant Oyster reprint!

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.
I mean, it's not like people are going to Dragon Brood Career Day and Tarkir contains enough people who dream of being eaten by a dragon to fill out their ranks evenly. The entire world is enslaved by dragons, people are where they are because that's where the dragons want them.

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

Angry Grimace posted:

So what's the downside of living with the Dromoka brood, you know the one that doesn't force you to ride to battle loving constantly and doesn't eat you or turn you into a zombie? Why would anyone agree to be in a clan that wasn't the Ojutai or the Dromoka?

"Kolaghan clan members talk of "the crave"—a kind of reckless warrior spirit that spurs them to battle. They speak of it as a nagging itch, a sense of restlessness, an irresistible need to assert their dominance. It constantly grows within them, swelling to the point of frenzy in the presence of Kolaghan's dragons. When they can no longer contain it, they rush into battle with only one goal: to spill blood."

"The Atarka do their dragonlord's bidding, for they know that if they were to leave her hungry they would soon become her prey."

"Silumgar has the fewest followers—living followers, that is. When the undead are taken into account, his clan's numbers are unrivaled."

So basically, the need to kill poo poo, fear of being eaten, and being mindless zombies or naga snake (evil) people.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Entropic posted:

Zoness posted:

Cons of Tarkir.

They've already said that Prison World is a thing that could happen.
Alternatively, it could be Decepticons of Tarkir. :roboluv:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Entropic posted:

Deers of Tarkir. Finally the Elk tribal set we've all been waiting for.

Fawns of Tarkir.

• Locked thread