Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Sexpansion posted:

Origen aka the team that gets in EU LCS once Elements gets kicked out is playing in the challenger series now: http://watch.na.lolesports.com/

Fixed for accuracy, it's happening boys

Transient People fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Mar 18, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

Sexpansion posted:

Origen aka the team that gets in EU LCS once MYM gets kicked out is playing in the challenger series now: http://watch.na.lolesports.com/

I'm not busy right now so I wouldn't mind watching Peke kill some fools with Ahri.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Transient People posted:

Fixed for accuracy, it's happening boys

Elements could absolutely get relegated. It's not the most surprising thing that could happen. And yes, it would be glorious.

Edit: They are in 7th place right now, and I could easily see Roccat turning it on and getting out of the 8 spot.

Edit2: This challenger game is going to be a bloodbath. 20 minute FF, calling it now.

Sexpansion fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Mar 18, 2015

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

Sexpansion posted:

Edit: They are in 7th place right now, and I could easily see Roccat turning it on and getting out of the 8 spot.

They're two wins behind UoL and Wolves who are tied at 5th. With 4 games left that is looking like a tall order for a team whose only recent win was against MyM. On top of that the teams that Elements will face in their last games are Giants, Gambit, H2k and Fnatic.
Roccat need to play Wolves, Fnatic, Giants and MyM which is a lot easier schedule.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
I flipped that on real quick but I'm watching LCK Vod right now.

I just straight up don't get solo lane Hecarim in competitive. It was cool when Keane styled with it, but I don't actually see how it's an objectively good pick.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Jerkface posted:

We can say C9 is back when they beat T8 this weekend

that's a pretty big if at this point

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

exethan posted:

T8 beat TSM so they're no slouches.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

exethan posted:

Totally agree, I don't think C9 is the favorite in that matchup right now with the way they've been playing.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Libertine posted:

I just straight up don't get solo lane Hecarim in competitive. It was cool when Keane styled with it, but I don't actually see how it's an objectively good pick.

WE used it to go hard into GE Tigers over & over again but yea theres nothing sadder than a Hecarim with homeguards+phage, no tower, and 3 deaths @ 19 minutes

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

Libertine posted:

I won't say it's the only factor holding him down but the stubborn insistence on running Ignite instead of Flash isn't helping things any. Like I kind of get the idea behind it, since he's got some built in mobility, but pro teams are too good at lane swapping and camping him so that he's 0/3/0 or whatever before he hits 6.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Jerkface posted:

WE used it to go hard into GE Tigers over & over again but yea theres nothing sadder than a Hecarim with homeguards+phage, no tower, and 3 deaths @ 19 minutes

No triforce, 23 minutes, rip.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

Sexpansion posted:

No triforce, 23 minutes, rip.

He has two parts of it. It'll be done anytime now maybe even before the game ends!

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
origen have just annihilated everyone in challenger with no effort, i rly wanna see them play against some decent teams soon

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Top lane Hecarim is just one of those Solo Queue All-Star picks that will almost never work in Competitive because people will play around it. It's amazing that the AP Tryndamere worked in LCS that one or two times when it was broken, just like the reason why no one will dare play Udyr in competitive even if the #1 jungler in the world could pubstomp people in the very top of challenger.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

Flameingblack posted:

Top lane Hecarim is just one of those Solo Queue All-Star picks that will almost never work in Competitive because people will play around it. It's amazing that the AP Tryndamere worked in LCS that one or two times when it was broken, just like the reason why no one will dare play Udyr in competitive even if the #1 jungler in the world could pubstomp people in the very top of challenger.

Wasn't AP Trynd mainly a thing before lane swaps were a thing ?

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

by the sounds of it im glad i never had to see what ap tryn actually was but people mention it like a proper horror story

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

"My dear Seth, you look absolutely dashing!"

Hair Elf

Savage Cracker posted:

Wasn't AP Trynd mainly a thing before lane swaps were a thing ?

P sure he saw play mid (mostly?) at the pro level. I could be misremembering, though.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Flipswitch posted:

by the sounds of it im glad i never had to see what ap tryn actually was but people mention it like a proper horror story

Gather round children, and I'll tell ye a tale... Aye... I remember it well, the times when Trynd built AP...

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Imagine a champion with infinite health and a dash on a 3 second cooldown.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

He healed like 500 hp every time his q came off cooldown. He cleared waves with a single spin. He roared, and his sword glowed with arcane power, and he demolished towers.

It was kinda bad, yeah.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Who remembers AP Rengar?

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

I love Charlie from Busted!

Flipswitch posted:

Studio (one of our own! although I haven't seen him in the thread for years, rip) made a vid about it at the time, which you may wanna watch some of if you can be bothered:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxYAawE2NJ8

Long story short: it was utterly uninteresting, because you had basically the best split pusher in the game because of Nashor's/Lich Bane synergy with his kit, with a huge heal on a short cooldown and a dash on a disgustingly low CD that made him near-uncatchable.

The slightly longer story: even if you got ahead of him it didn't matter, because he could just suicide split-push enough times that he opened up the opportunity for repeated back-door attempts. To deal with it, you had to put more than one player in his lane to deal with him, because nobody could 1v1 him with that kit; no matter how big your lead, you still had a 3v4. He could just stall endlessly until such a time where his team catch up, at which point they can just teamfight and win. Zzzzzz.

Allyn fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Mar 18, 2015

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Allyn posted:

Studio (one of our own! although I haven't seen him in the thread for years, rip)
Some goons gave him money to buy a new computer so he could make more videos and he thought "Wow, speed running is fun" and never made another league video again.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Flameingblack posted:

Some goons gave him money to buy a new computer so he could make more videos and he thought "Wow, speed running is fun" and never made another league video again.

Absolutely shocking

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
I thought he casted dota now.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Lovechop posted:

origen have just annihilated everyone in challenger with no effort, i rly wanna see them play against some decent teams soon

Reminds me a lot of NiP.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Sexpansion posted:

I thought he casted dota now.
Nah he only does the "Games done Quick" stuff now. He stopped casting League almost immediately after goons from the League thread donated to buy him a computer. He would be an LCS caster by now if he hadn't quit, I'm sure.

Hypocrisy posted:

Reminds me a lot of NiP.
Every single well hyped challenger team with all-star players that never make it into LCS because they lose to a team like Complexity Giants Gaming.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
studio u gently caress cast league or at the very least stream more

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.

Jerkface posted:

On the flip side, if Hecarim kills your top laner early the game is actually exponentially closer to over than you think it is. Hecarim with lane farm is basically a raid boss so I understand why people try it. He has a similar sort of level 6 dragon presence to Rumble, teleporting out of the top lane.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
Waste not thine tears on the noobs of yesteryear.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
This lane swap meta has permanently ruined top lane till such a time as they bring back classic top laner itemization and power level. 2v1ing a top laner should be a waste of time because they'll just get 2 kills out of it. I'm talking rumble baby. I'm talking yorick. I'm talking old value singed. And you know I'm talking irelia.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

This lane swap meta has permanently ruined top lane till such a time as they bring back classic top laner itemization and power level. 2v1ing a top laner should be a waste of time because they'll just get 2 kills out of it. I'm talking rumble baby. I'm talking yorick. I'm talking old value singed. And you know I'm talking irelia.

this and also remove teleport from the game so people can't be little bitches lest they get ignited the gently caress out

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Holy loving poo poo Pawn is Faker level. Watch him play Leblanc in this game and tell me he isn't: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fxZ3hyAKcE

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

Hypocrisy posted:

Reminds me a lot of NiP.

NiP at least had H2K contending with them.

archduke.iago
Mar 1, 2011

Nostalgia used to be so much better.

Gleeb is back boys
Another week, another WFX role swap, another chance to watch Avalon come to lane with a gold/item advantage somehow then proceed to miss every fourth CS and get crushed
Altec back to ADC as well

edit: https://twitter.com/LustboyLoL/status/578273912078790656
@LustboyLoL
2015-03-18 19:16 UTC
Paragone

archduke.iago fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Mar 18, 2015

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

archduke.iago posted:

edit:
@LustboyLoL
2015-03-18 19:16 UTC
Paragone

lustboy for president

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

archduke.iago posted:

Gleeb is back boys
Another week, another WFX role swap, another chance to watch Avalon

Avalon

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Cris is better than Avalon, anytime you can say "Cris is better" you should bench that player. Nepotism kills.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Gleeb and Altec was a very good bot lane. I'm glad they finally realized it. Only took the entire split.

I think that they will fall into the relegation zone but safely advance against any of the 2nd/3rd quality CS teams they'd have to play in a relegation series.

What Winterfox needs to do is move on from Helios and Avalon. I heard that they both said they were going to leave if Winterfox didn't have a chance to qualify for worlds and that Helios was due for Korean Army service or something. Winterfox definitely has no chance at qualifying for worlds so you might as well just re-route the rest of the roster and see what you can build between now and the end of next split.

There are so many CS-tier players floating around that they could get and work into something resembling a mid-tier team around Pobelter and Altec. The young upside squad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
They could even import a good top laner and jungler

• Locked thread