Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
I hope senpai notices my Slaanesh army

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
True enough, I've frequented four different gaming stores since starting the hobby and each one would have a player that every one would call "Papa Nurgle' when he wasn't around.

ChrisAsmadi
Apr 19, 2007
:D

PierreTheMime posted:

So apparently Khorne is getting his own codex supplement. Maybe each Chaos god will eventually get a treatment?

It's almost certainly happening just because they just released new Bloodthirsters and needed to release 40k rules for them.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

krushgroove posted:

Isn't Khorne the most popular/most supported? I like red and gold and all that, but hopefully there's something for the other gods coming too.

Yeah there's many bitz I can't identify! I've only been able to look at a couple of the sprues but one of them has the medieval guy running away that Forge World use in their pictures - definitely have to paint him up soon, just for kicks.

How much did you pay for it all, if you don't mind me asking? Might try trawling some local groups if it's worth it to find decent deals.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

ChrisAsmadi posted:

It's almost certainly happening just because they just released new Bloodthirsters and needed to release 40k rules for them.

They also released some bomb-rear end Nurgle End Times models and I certainly wouldn't mind having rules for those either.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

You have rules already, 'counts as' Maulerfields and the like. Maybe Glotkin could be a Knight or something.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Buglord

Zark the Damned posted:

You have rules already, 'counts as' Maulerfields and the like. Maybe Glotkin could be a Knight or something.

They already have actual rules for the Bloodthirster as well. A legitimate unit entry, even. That's not stopping them making a whole new book.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Captain Invictus posted:

How much did you pay for it all, if you don't mind me asking? Might try trawling some local groups if it's worth it to find decent deals.

£55 with tracked postage within the UK. It's about 10kg of stuff, but that's because they guy included flocking, sand, ballast and other stuff. He's been gettin rid of his 40K stuff for weeks, I think this was the last of it.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Jesus christ, what a steal. That's a helluva deal for that many bits, and even the flock you got could resell for what you paid alone. Good find!

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Yeah, I really had to jump on it when I saw the pictures the guy put up in the group. I've been looking for the chaos turret spikes and things like that for a while, to use on a Chaos Knight conversion and missed out on a huge ebay job lot of spike vehicle parts so I'm happy there's just enough in here to do that project plus tons and tons of extra stuff. Cities of Death booby trap resin bits, 40K rubble base bits, GW snow flock and loads more. It'll take a while to sort through it all! There's even whole Ork biker models and a GW/FW Defrolla...I think I'm set for bitz for a very long time.

e: made a comment to my friend about that new Khorne codex, at least it's 50% better than the Knight codex because it has one more unit

krushgroove fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Mar 18, 2015

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
no wonder the eldar codex is so good

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
I think the Khorne book will have reprinted Dataslates for all the units it can have - they gotta fill in 120 pages worth of stuff.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Buglord

MasterSlowPoke posted:

I think the Khorne book will have reprinted Dataslates for all the units it can have - they gotta fill in 120 pages worth of stuff.

Can't wait for a Blood Decurion. Or a Skull Decurion. Or both!

Edit:
Painted up a test Ultramarine for a little side project:

PierreTheMime fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Mar 18, 2015

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
That would be pretty awesome, actually. I'd also like to see a 3 Maulerfiend formation, and a reprinting of Kharne's Butcherhorde.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

PierreTheMime posted:

Edit:

the waxy pallor of his exposed skin gives the spaceman's head a nice Vader Unmasked effect

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Buglord

zeal posted:

the waxy pallor of his exposed skin gives the spaceman's head a nice Vader Unmasked effect

That's actually kind of what I was going for, so I'm glad it worked out. :)

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce

PierreTheMime posted:

"Ultramarine"

Subtle. Well done.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

PierreTheMime posted:

Edit:

I approve of the cod piece purity steal. No means no!

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.

PierreTheMime posted:

Edit:

Hail hydra...

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
:O

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

PierreTheMime posted:

Edit:

Please tell me they'll have these guys as allies;

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT
So where are they going to put the rules for the scyllax anyhow?

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
I'm pretty sure I read they were just going in the next book.

e: not even really sure what to expect them to do, though.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

BULBASAUR posted:

Came here to say this- I hope the Skitarii plastics look decent since the ad-secularis just don't do it for me.

It's cool that my admech now have an official 40k army though. Though as Ghost Hand suggests they are going to be very different beasts. I wonder what kind of army they will be?

Exactly. Win-win for both playing in 30k and 40k. I would imagine that a lot of Taghmata stuff can be proxied into Skitarii... maybe.

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Please tell me they'll have these guys as allies;

I love this picture since it was first found. Everything about it is hilarious (in a nerdy way).

Flavor Truck
Nov 5, 2007

My Love for You is like a Truck
So, wait. What's the next army that's coming out for 40K?

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
fwiw skitarii are usually described as being fairly huge which the tech-thralls certainly aren't.

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.

Helmholz posted:

So, wait. What's the next army that's coming out for 40K?

Supposedly Adeptus Mechanicus. I'm not really sure what units would be in that. Tech Priests? It'll probably be something small like Harlequins and Tempestus.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

Master Twig posted:

Supposedly Adeptus Mechanicus. I'm not really sure what units would be in that. Tech Priests? It'll probably be something small like Harlequins and Tempestus.

I'd imagine Skitarii, Myrmidons, Magos/Archmagos, and a handful of war machines. Probably servitors too.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
Seeing that event Alpha Legionaire painted and from this angle makes his faceplate remind me of :troll: . Which is of course entirely appropriate.

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.

REAL MUSCLE MILK posted:

fwiw skitarii are usually described as being fairly huge which the tech-thralls certainly aren't.

Yeah but they're huge like "almost as big as Space Marines" not huge like Ogryns. I would be a little put off if they were on 40mm bases.

Depending on how many arms they have, 32mm would probably be appropriate, but someone wanting to use them as tech-thralls might be able to cram them onto 25s even then.

ChrisAsmadi
Apr 19, 2007
:D

PantsOptional posted:

I'd imagine Skitarii, Myrmidons, Magos/Archmagos, and a handful of war machines. Probably servitors too.

I imagine they'll do plastic Servitors and Techpriests, if only because those have some cross army appeal.

Flavor Truck
Nov 5, 2007

My Love for You is like a Truck
Would it be funny if I painted up a troupe of harlequins with juggalo faces?

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

Oh my god, if they make a plastic conversion beamer...

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer

Helmholz posted:

Please do this immediately.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Buglord
So I'm going to be in the Los Angeles area for a long vacation starting next week and was wondering if any CA goons wanted to get together at any point? My traveling capacity is pretty limited so I doubt I'd be able to bring more than a tiny 500-750pt army but I thought it might be cool to get a game in with someone. If you're interested shoot me a PM and maybe we can wage travel-sized war and/or get a drink somewhere.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Helmholz posted:

Stop thinking about this and make it a reality. Then post pics.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
Someone tell me how horrible an idea this is :ohdear:

Pedro Kantor 185

5 Scouts: 5× sniper rifle; camo cloaks; Veteran Scout Sergeant 80
5 Scouts: 5× sniper rifle; camo cloaks; Veteran Scout Sergeant 80

8 Sternguard Veterans: 2× combi-melta; combi-plasma; Veteran Sergeant (melta bombs) 221
Drop Pod 35
5 Sternguard Veterans: 2× combi-melta; 2× meltagun; Veteran Sergeant (combi-melta) 170
Drop Pod 35
5 Sternguard Veterans: 2× combi-plasma; 2× plasma gun; Veteran Sergeant (combi-plasma) 180
Drop Pod 35

Stormtalon Gunship: Skyhammer missile launcher 125

Thunderfire Cannon 100
3 Devastator Centurions: 3× grav-cannon and grav-amp 250

1.496 points

Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe
I'm kinda excited about new chaos stuff. But I'm hoping that it doesn't cement in place a bunch of things that are wrong with the core chaos codex.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

REAL MUSCLE MILK posted:

If they end up on terminator bases we could use them as Myrmidons.

• Locked thread