Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Silentman0 posted:

Hotline Miami owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
Wow. Kudos to Devolver to telling Aussies to straight-up torrent their game. If more companies actually put their customers in front of making an extra buck more often, this world would be a hell of a lot better of.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Ahaha Liam pushing Geass :allears:

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
OH poo poo SHOGO! that was one of my favorite games way back when!

I still think it's one of the hypest theme songs for any game ever.

come to think about it, where did they find a working copy of shogo?! is there some kind of underground mod/release?

Al-Saqr fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Mar 18, 2015

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Al-Saqr posted:

OH poo poo SHOGO! that was one of my favorite games way back when!

I still think it's one of the hypest theme songs for any game ever.

come to think about it, where did they find a working copy of shogo?! is there some kind of underground mod/release?

http://www.gog.com/game/shogo_mobile_armor_division

On sale for $2.99 no less.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Just checking but have the guys said anything more on Bloodborne? Hoping that playthrough starts next week because I'm not sure if I'm gonna be able to get it day 1.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Just checking but have the guys said anything more on Bloodborne? Hoping that playthrough starts next week because I'm not sure if I'm gonna be able to get it day 1.
Someone asked Matt on the subreddit today and the answer was "Maybe!"

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I hope no one even mentions Bloodborne because not being able to play it makes me extremely sad.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I hope the Bloodborne thing is just a 2 parter, because I want Woolie to do Dark Souls 1 instead.

And then quit when he's told you have to consume each soul one. by. one. every. time. And walk all the way to a black smith. Forever until get the warp. And you can't even speed up ladder climbing. Or roll diagonally

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Tae posted:

I hope the Bloodborne thing is just a 2 parter, because I want Woolie to do Dark Souls 1 instead.

And then quit when he's told you have to consume each soul one. by. one. every. time. And walk all the way to a black smith. Forever until get the warp. And you can't even speed up ladder climbing. Or roll diagonally

Matt said if they do BB it'll be a Matt/Pat thing so no worries on that :v:

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
If it's a "Pat fucks up while thinking he knows what he talks about" type playthrough while Matt makes fun of him, I'm all for it on day 1!

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I can't handle another Souls game playthrough. I tried my best watching DS2 but ended up dropping off at around episode 40. :negative:

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Bloodborne is guaranteed to be more entertaining than watching DS2 (and this is from someone who watched all of that run) just because there is no defense in that game, it is always on at all times.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Honestly hoping it is Day 1, I have a genuinely good feeling about it (to some extent) as it means Pat won't be trying to parrot what he saw from ENB or Vaati and it'll be a bit more organic. I think that's what personally got to me with Souls 2. Every other video was just "ENB said this and then Vaati did this did you check out those channels yet." "No not really" "Okay but they said x"

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
I am kind of worried about a Pat/Matt Bloodborne, Matt has a very acquired taste and him shutting down and hating the game within the first episode wont make for fun viewing, maybe bloodborne will be different, I dunno.

Al-Saqr fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Mar 18, 2015

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
woolie / pat is a good playthrough team for bloodbourne, maybe add liam in.

looking forward to next week's podcast, gonna be action packed. kinda hoping that it gets published late so pat can make some impressions of bloodbourne before they talk

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
The entire podcast will have Pat going "CAN I PLAY BLOODBORNE NOW" in the background.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Al-Saqr posted:

I am kind of worried about a Pat/Matt Bloodborne, Matt has a very acquired taste and him shutting down and hating the game within the first episode wont make for fun viewing, maybe bloodborne will be different, I dunno.

Matt probably likes Bloodborne though? He sees how cool the games can be/are. And I'm sure if there's a Pat/Matt outing it will firmly be Pat on game with Matt on support. He's a talky guy when he doesn't have to play the games and also commentate. And I'm sure there's enough in Bloodborne for him to talk about.

Besides I think everyone is burnt out on Woolie/Pat considering one of the longest LP is just them dicking around in Dark Souls II. Then again that's probably me projecting super hard.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

HGH posted:

The entire podcast will have Pat going "CAN I PLAY BLOODBORNE NOW" in the background.

I kinda want this podcast.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I don't think Matt "checking out" during a video on his own channel that he runs is a possibility. Plus he's on record saying if the commentary isn't up to their standards they would kill the video altogether.

Edit: actually, scratch that "he's on record" part, I think I heard that on another gaming channel- sorry Matt!!!! Though I could see Matt just not uploading a session if he was disappointed in the quality.

beep by grandpa fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Mar 18, 2015

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

beep by grandpa posted:

I don't think Matt "checking out" during a video on his own channel that he runs is a possibility.

it's totally happened in a "I am done with this now" sense due to frustration with terribleness (silent hill homecoming, evil within) or just lack of interest (a lot of yakuza 4 videos)

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Also Pokemon.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Ahhh, gently caress my rear end :( Those are some of the only playthroughs I never watched any of.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
The last Homecoming video is great for how he just breaks and Pat desperately tries to keep the show going by himself in the most awkward manner possible

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
he checks out in chrono trigger, but in my opinion that is when those videos become the best

i really like the ct lp but i know i'm in a minority on that one. it is a mix of love for the game and the overall commentary being pretty entertaining imho. i've watched it two times through and i don't know why it gets hate from some of the fanbase.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Someone tell Liam I will cover the difference in USD to his Canadian Moon Money if he'll stop complaining about sales. If the physical copy was on sale day 1 and all the preorder people got hosed, i'd understand. But he's preordering a physical thing with a case and disc and all that dumb bullshit so why complain that the DIGITAL version gets a sale? I thought everyone was universally of the opinion digital games should be cheaper anyway since there is no packing/shipping/store space allotment bullshit to go through.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I really liked Chrono Trigger, but that's the best SNES game so of course.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Commissar Ken posted:

Someone tell Liam I will cover the difference in USD to his Canadian Moon Money if he'll stop complaining about sales. If the physical copy was on sale day 1 and all the preorder people got hosed, i'd understand. But he's preordering a physical thing with a case and disc and all that dumb bullshit so why complain that the DIGITAL version gets a sale? I thought everyone was universally of the opinion digital games should be cheaper anyway since there is no packing/shipping/store space allotment bullshit to go through.

Oh, c'mon, he has a point. If both versions are being sold for the same price, you just get whatever you prefer/is more practical for you, because pricing is not a concern. A Day One sale fucks you over, even if it's a meager amount, relatively speaking. It doesn't matter that "digital should be cheaper anyway" because if they thought like that the game would have been cheaper on the pre—sale then.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Oh yeah, I wanted to ask what's up with the Canadian dollar? A lot of people I know are saying they're basically going to sit out on video games for a year or two because they've suddenly jumped up 20$+tax in prices for some reason.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

HGH posted:

Oh yeah, I wanted to ask what's up with the Canadian dollar? A lot of people I know are saying they're basically going to sit out on video games for a year or two because they've suddenly jumped up 20$+tax in prices for some reason.

Isn't that just the American dollar getting strong again? Not sure if Canada does regional pricing for games.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

HGH posted:

The CAD is currently worth $0.78 USD because Canada is a petrol state and petrol is worth jack poo poo right now. It's what happens when your economy is dominated by a single commodity. It's especially bad since CAD was averaging $1.02 USD before oil's price crashed.

We've had an extra $10 or so tacked on to game prices for quite a while but it's getting worse. :rip::canada:

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Improbable Lobster posted:

The CAD is currently worth $0.78 USD because Canada is a petrol state and petrol is worth jack poo poo right now. It's what happens when your economy is dominated by a single commodity. It's especially bad since CAD was averaging $1.02 USD before oil's price crashed.

We've had an extra $10 or so tacked on to game prices for quite a while but it's getting worse. :rip::canada:

I know it's been bitched about on the podcast, but it's bullshit because when the dollar was strong, and in particular, stronger then the American dollar, nothing got cheaper. But you can bet your rear end stuff goes up when the dollar gets weak! (And then doesn't go back down when the dollar gets strong again)

I think I remember paying like 80$ after tax for Hyrule Warriors.

Steam switched over to Canadian dollar awhile back. I wasn't sure how to feel at the time because I figured it would mean they could follow retail price bumps and poo poo or charge us bullshit amounts like Australia.

Thankfully it doesn't seem too bad currently. I just got Hotline Miami 2 the other day and it's a bit cheaper then if I was to pay for it in USD.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Oxyclean posted:

I know it's been bitched about on the podcast, but it's bullshit because when the dollar was strong, and in particular, stronger then the American dollar, nothing got cheaper. But you can bet your rear end stuff goes up when the dollar gets weak! (And then doesn't go back down when the dollar gets strong again)

I think I remember paying like 80$ after tax for Hyrule Warriors.

Steam switched over to Canadian dollar awhile back. I wasn't sure how to feel at the time because I figured it would mean they could follow retail price bumps and poo poo or charge us bullshit amounts like Australia.

Thankfully it doesn't seem too bad currently. I just got Hotline Miami 2 the other day and it's a bit cheaper then if I was to pay for it in USD.

Yeah, it's the worst thing

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

When Woolie got talking about the Reboot comic on the podcast I actually looked it up and paused the podcast to read it, less then halfway through I couldn't help but think "man the art isn't that good..." like the moment after I unpaused the podcast after I finished reading Woolie says "yeah but watch out the art isn't good."

Although Megabyte looks pretty rad in robes.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Dias posted:

Oh, c'mon, he has a point. If both versions are being sold for the same price, you just get whatever you prefer/is more practical for you, because pricing is not a concern. A Day One sale fucks you over, even if it's a meager amount, relatively speaking. It doesn't matter that "digital should be cheaper anyway" because if they thought like that the game would have been cheaper on the pre—sale then.

I think he has a point in that they should announce a sale or just permanently price their games low for the initial wave until units become scarce. Beyond that though it's kinda silly to get buttmad about having to pay more for a physical copy because the digital goes on sale. If he doesn't care which version he gets why preorder at all and risk getting stuck with a more expensive copy?

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
Here's a tip for Liam - or, really, anyone that has more than a passing interest in videogames:

don't preorder.

king of no pants
Mar 10, 2007

i'm watchin'
you post

pulp rag posted:

Here's a tip for Liam - or, really, anyone that has more than a passing interest in videogames:

don't preorder.

Not an emptyquote.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Deep down part of me is hoping next week we see Bloodborne part 1. When it's clicked though it's actually just Mario Party 10 full LP

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I would rather see the Mario Party LP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Beef Waifu posted:

I would rather see the Mario Party LP

Same. That or Giant Bomb's Fourth Mario Party party.