Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Fenrir posted:

Hey, where the Packer goons at, help me out here.

Does Rogers have an O Line and Weapons? You got Lacy? Then what's left over?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Gatts posted:

Does Rogers have an O Line and Weapons? You got Lacy? Then what's left over?

DT and lots of ILB

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
DT, ILB, TE, possibly CB.

The only ILB in this entire draft I hear much of anything about is Mckinney from MSU, and Danny Shelton, NT from Washington is already picked. I kinda think if this is the case come real draft day, the Packers may trade out of the 1st round. We don't have that option here so I'm looking for someone who isn't a total reach.

Fenrir fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Mar 18, 2015

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Fenrir posted:

DT, ILB, TE, possibly CB.

I PMed you a suggestion if he's around at your time of draft depending on where a key guy signs

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Gatts posted:

I PMed you a suggestion if he's around at your time of draft depending on where a key guy signs

Thanks for that, he wasn't on my radar and there are questions but hey it's a mock draft with no trades. Might be best at a need position by the time we get to 30.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
b0ng, :hfive:

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

Yeah that is a fun pick. A+

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I really thought the DGB would fall to the Chiefs.

Way to make me go scout other positions, Miami. Thanks a bunch :(

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
If I don't get any other suggestions from Eagles folks I'm gonna go Full Chip Kelly and draft a long snapper.

Or another running back.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Houston going for a kill all QB mentality and a DE is awesome. What does that make your d line though? Wilfork at NT then Bud Dupree, JJ Watt, I'll assume Clowney, Cushing?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
C

No Butt Stuff posted:

i just can't draft parker. He's so underwhelming.

If im going receiver im going full blow baby draft the dude with retarded potential

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

axeil posted:

If I don't get any other suggestions from Eagles folks I'm gonna go Full Chip Kelly and draft a long snapper.

Or another running back.

Haha. Chip Kelly's probably going to go for Offense I assume. He's trying to shape it. However what about your secondary? A lot of mocks assume a CB or SS is what Philly needs.

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.

Gatts posted:

Houston going for a kill all QB mentality and a DE is awesome. What does that make your d line though? Wilfork at NT then Bud Dupree, JJ Watt, I'll assume Clowney, Cushing?

I'd assume watt, wilfork/powe, crick on the line with Clowney/Mercilus as the OLB's although I don't think Dupree would be too out of place being the strong side backer. I think of him as a guy who can sub in in a few spots depending on down and distance, and won't be forced to be an every snap started unless he shows he can do it.

Edit: weak side OLB would not be out of the question either depending Clowney's health, Mercilus's ability to rush the passer.

b0ng fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Mar 18, 2015

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I have to think Powe is gone if Nix is at all healthy

In fact, didn't they not give him an RFA tender?

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.

Intruder posted:

I have to think Powe is gone if Nix is at all healthy

In fact, didn't they not give him an RFA tender?

Yeah but they didn't even have him on the roster for the first few weeks of last season. He will probably not be in TC and will just happen to get signed at some point around the first few weeks. I can't imagine the market is real hot on him but who knows. I really hope they don't think Wilfork is a guy who will play a lot and won't wear down.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
If anyone wants to PM me some Browns input go ahead. I have a direction I want to take but it's going to be a key pick that might spell out the rest of the draft. It's also a while before the pick after in R2.

I have an offense mindset.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Gatts posted:

Haha. Chip Kelly's probably going to go for Offense I assume. He's trying to shape it. However what about your secondary? A lot of mocks assume a CB or SS is what Philly needs.

I think the presumption in Philly is that we go safety or WR. But with Chip who knows.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

b0ng posted:

Yeah but they didn't even have him on the roster for the first few weeks of last season. He will probably not be in TC and will just happen to get signed at some point around the first few weeks. I can't imagine the market is real hot on him but who knows. I really hope they don't think Wilfork is a guy who will play a lot and won't wear down.

They're not going to carry 3 nose tackles

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Gatts posted:

If anyone wants to PM me some Browns input go ahead. I have a direction I want to take but it's going to be a key pick that might spell out the rest of the draft. It's also a while before the pick after in R2.

I have an offense mindset.

Just trust your gut and have fun with it. I don't think Mickey Loomis is going to call me and go "What in the hell were you thinking in that goon mock draft?" :)

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Silly Burrito posted:

Just trust your gut and have fun with it. I don't think Mickey Loomis is going to call me and go "What in the hell were you thinking in that goon mock draft?" :)

but what if he did

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Intruder posted:

They're not going to carry 3 nose tackles

I can totally see them IR'ing Nix out of camp for a non significant injury so that he can learn from big Vince for the year. Maybe that's something Kubiak's did more, who knows.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Any giants posters want anything now

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Nice pick SA2K. The fans in LA will need someone to cheer for when Phil retires.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Whatever

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
lol, I'm kidding I still love you buddy

:glomp:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

SA2K posted:

Whatever

Are you trying to be realistic with this pick or you made it out of self loathing or have you changed your mind and would actually like Gurley?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

Are you trying to be realistic with this pick or you made it out of self loathing or have you changed your mind and would actually like Gurley?

I think this is the pick the Chargers will make.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Gotcha, I remember you railing against the idea of a RB pretty hard so I wondered. I guess on the bright side if you are going RB that's the one to take if you trust his knee will be healthy.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

SA2K posted:

I think this is the pick the Chargers will make.

So do I, actually.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

Gotcha, I remember you railing against the idea of a RB pretty hard so I wondered. I guess on the bright side if you are going RB that's the one to take if you trust his knee will be healthy.

They've brought in a WR and a Guard, so I think their main targets in the draft will be RB or pass rusher. Letting Mathews walk says to me that they'll go RB.

And I'll hate it.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

No Butt Stuff posted:

Your pick is up.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Yeah, I know. Give me a second.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

There, I hope you like it.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Tremendous Taste posted:

Yeah gatts you pick 19

Just to confirm. Gatts and Browns pick incoming. This was a torturous decision for me between two positions. I can only hope with a deepish draft one of my other position options will be available in Round 2. Otherwise I have other options. But still.

Ok. So for years part of the issue with the Browns has been needing playmakers on the offense side of the ball and Josh Gordon is not reliable. But if Gordon gets his poo poo together and Parker is healthy they're tremendous threats. Over the last decade+ the leading scoring threat for the Browns has been Phil Dawson, the kicker and the Browns have lost in key moments late in the game or by just not putting up enough points. This is the start of the change.

Gatts fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Mar 18, 2015

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Nice pick, hard to see him falling that far, but he was one that I was eyeballing as well.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Gatts posted:

Just to confirm. Gatts and Browns pick incoming. This was a torturous decision for me between two positions. I can only hope with a deepish draft one of my other position options will be available in Round 2. Otherwise I have other options. But still.

Ok. So for years part of the issue with the Browns has been needing playmakers on the offense side of the ball and Josh Gordon is not reliable. But if Gordon gets his poo poo together and Parker is healthy they're tremendous threats. Over the last decade+ the leading scoring threat for the Browns has been Phil Dawson, the kicker and the Browns have lost in key moments late in the game or by just not putting up enough points. This is the start of the change.

Great pick after a great first pick. Wonder how the Browns are going to actually gently caress this up. Parker is very underrated by a lot of people.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Shaq is intriguing to me too

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
So I haven't been paying much attention to the draft but I'm really impressed with Thompson. Guy plays both ways and can help both in the secondary and with Chip's infatuation with running backs and the Pac-12.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0di4jhpjcTQ

Intruder posted:

Shaq is intriguing to me too

Whew! I'm glad I didn't make a bad pick as I have no idea what is/isn't a good pick. :shobon:

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Thanks guys.

Also, yeah, reading Shaq's profile that he has ability to play multiple positions is pretty cool.

warcrimes posted:

Great pick after a great first pick. Wonder how the Browns are going to actually gently caress this up. Parker is very underrated by a lot of people.

There's a lot of depth at certain positions this year so the Browns are going to need to plug a lot of holes and find value players. I'd say trade the 1st pick and go down for a little extra in round 2.

Gatts fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Mar 19, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

No Butt Stuff posted:

I like it!

• Locked thread