Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
I read it. I'm less excited now knowing it got moved to Jump NEXT, which was the same fate that happened to Beelzebub.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
What's Jump NEXT?

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
A magazine that runs every two months. Mostly has one-shots in it, but it's where Beelzebub went after it ended. I assume the same happened with Soul Catcher(s) where it was still reasonably popular, but not popular enough that it got moved to Jump Next. That won't affect Soul Catcher(s) scanlations anytime soon though, since I think we're behind on a lot of chapters, but it does put a damper on the "ending" if it ends like Beelzebub did.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
So it's where the company sends series to die essentially?

coathat
May 21, 2007

More like the opposite.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Mraagvpeine posted:

So it's where the company sends series to die essentially?

Essentially, though some end better than others. Nura had its last few chapters in Jump Next and I thought that series ended pretty well. Other series just get abrupt endings like Enigma did. No idea about Soul Catcher(s) though, since we're behind and it'll be a while before we notice it.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Ah that sure explains what happened with Enigma's ending.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

New chapter of Dagashi Kashi, which still seems promising

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

My best pose facing the morning sun!
Help, I just devoured all 7 volumes of Ballroom e Youkoso, and now I feel strangely lonely when there's nothing more to read. Love the art in this.
It's nowhere near as tight as some of the other sports manga, but it's very pleasant to read and just soak in the atmosphere. Hope she gets to finish the story; sales don't seem to be popping much.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

darkgray posted:

Help, I just devoured all 7 volumes of Ballroom e Youkoso, and now I feel strangely lonely when there's nothing more to read. Love the art in this.
It's nowhere near as tight as some of the other sports manga, but it's very pleasant to read and just soak in the atmosphere. Hope she gets to finish the story; sales don't seem to be popping much.

please record yourself reading it in english and email the recording to me so i can follow along since it is not being scanlated by anyone regularly. the art is crazy good and it is a unique setting. i like it a lot

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

My best pose facing the morning sun!

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

please record yourself reading it in english and email the recording to me so i can follow along since it is not being scanlated by anyone regularly. the art is crazy good and it is a unique setting. i like it a lot

Sorry, I just look at the pretty pictures and imagine what they're talking about. Didn't someone just pick it up again? Seems stuff showed up pretty recently.

Maybe it's time to catch up with Chihayafuru. Think it was up to vol 7 when I last looked at it.

coathat
May 21, 2007

Karakuri Circus is heating up. http://bato.to/read/_/309138/karakuri-circus_v17_ch162_by_funnuraba

Next week can't come soon enough.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

darkgray posted:

Sorry, I just look at the pretty pictures and imagine what they're talking about. Didn't someone just pick it up again? Seems stuff showed up pretty recently.

Maybe it's time to catch up with Chihayafuru. Think it was up to vol 7 when I last looked at it.

no group picked it up just some random people on tumblr. when i went to their tumbls it was just a bunch of yaoi pics and while there is nothing wrong with that, i would have really liked to know if they were going to keep scanlating the series or not.

----------------

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Everyone should take a look at Dagashi Kashi. It's kind of a wacky little manga about the glory of Japanese sweets and junk food.

Being a manga, of course, it's really about people getting :ssj: SUPER FIRED UP :supaburn: about something really stupid!

DrSunshine fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Mar 11, 2015

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

DrSunshine posted:

Everyone should take a look at Dagashi Kashi. It's kind of a wacky little manga about the glory of Japanese sweets and junk food.

Being a manga, of course, it's really about people getting :ssj: SUPER FIRED UP :supaburn: about something really stupid!

Re-emphasizing the :ssj: SUPER FIRED UP :supaburn: part

KoB
May 1, 2009
I had opened up Spirit Circle when it was first recommended in this thread and it looked like some generic shonen fightmans comic so I put it off to read later.

Went back to it yesterday and now Im all caught up and :negative:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Spirit Circle isn't really shonen, is it? Seems like it deals with a lot more serious stuff than your average shonen. Also, a fair amount of pretty significant gore and dismemberment.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Yeah it's Young King Ours like Biscuit Hammer so it's seinen.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

coathat posted:

Not really

Would you mind explaining what it is you don't like about Spirit Circle (if that's what you mean here)? I'm only asking because I think it's really good and you generally seem to have really good taste in manga, so I'm curious about why you wouldn't like it.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Ytlaya posted:

you generally seem to have really good taste in manga
Lol

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Invictus is mad jealous that people respect the cool poster that posts all the cool comics more than them.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
My adtrw approval rating is in the toilet

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Captain Invictus posted:

My adtrw approval rating is in the toilet

Haters aren't 'in' right now.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
But what if I am hating a hater, does that count

I am all about the love, let me link you to my Shojo thread post history. ..

coathat
May 21, 2007

Ytlaya posted:

Would you mind explaining what it is you don't like about Spirit Circle (if that's what you mean here)? I'm only asking because I think it's really good and you generally seem to have really good taste in manga, so I'm curious about why you wouldn't like it.

Spirit circle is good but the future arc just dragged on way longer than it should have.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I'm waiting for it to finish before I go through it myself. The story's not suited to reading it in fits and spurts.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Sure it is, that's just not your reading style.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Captain Invictus posted:

Sure it is, that's just not your reading style.

Yeah, sorry, that's what I meant.

.Clash
Apr 10, 2009

coathat posted:

the future arc just dragged on way longer than it should have.

Gotta agree with this. It sure went places in the end, but man.

KoB
May 1, 2009
I thought it was well paced when you go straight through it, but waiting between each might have been tough when all the other stories have only been a couple chapters each.

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.
Have there been any fighting manga starting since Naruto? I read OP\Bleach\Hero Academy but I'm like a drat crack addict. Horrible tropes are my fuel. I need more. :goatdrugs:

Uhhlive
Jun 18, 2004

I'm not the public.
I'm the President

Irritated Goat posted:

Have there been any fighting manga starting since Naruto? I read OP\Bleach\Hero Academy but I'm like a drat crack addict. Horrible tropes are my fuel. I need more. :goatdrugs:

UQ Holder.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Irritated Goat posted:

Reborn!

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Reborn is great as long as you stop after the Varia arc. I read it to the end and while there are cool bits scattered throughout mostly it just gets convoluted and dumb and has the worst non-ending to a shounen I've ever read.

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Reborn is great as long as you stop after the Varia arc. I read it to the end and while there are cool bits scattered throughout mostly it just gets convoluted and dumb and has the worst non-ending to a shounen I've ever read.

I forgot about Reborn and for basically good reason. :(

I've read pretty much anything I can find. I forgot to mention Seven Deadly Sins, Magi, Fairy Tail, JoJo, World Trigger as well.

UQ Holder should hold me off for a bit though since Negima's later fights were pretty drat good.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Medaka Box has fighting I think

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
Toriko? Also go read Kongou Banchou if you never did.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

Endorph posted:

Medaka Box has fighting I think

medaka box is terrible dont tell people to read it

----------------

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

dude read bleach

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Toriko is great. Currently everyone is waiting for a gigantic monkey whose balls just dropped (literally) to beat the poo poo out of an evil bird woman because she got in the way of him dancing with his ghost girlfriend