Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
alnilam

i am going to punch anyone woh is not nice to fluffieduckie

ty manifisto

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tao of lmao

BYOB Rachel posted:

this is rude considering your expecations imo bwee is rude everyone what a shame

what the gently caress do you think rough and tumble crew is all about?

Gone Fashing

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

Vendor Trash posted:

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

Vendor Trash posted:

oh poo poo i've just been tumble dried

FluffieDuckie

alnilam posted:

thank you al. i've always liked you

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

pig slut lisa

irl is good

alnilam posted:

sometimes fluffie can be very hard on herself. boom paradoxed.

ulvir

ulvir

this is a pretty cool quilt. I agree with all the 5 votes so far

alnilam

pig slut lisa posted:

sometimes fluffie can be very hard on herself. boom paradoxed.

I'll just adapt my definition of nice :smugmrgw:

ulvir

alnilam posted:

I'll just adapt my definition of nice :smugmrgw:

you should come join us in the social sciences. "definitions" are more "general guidelines" and can be adapted at ease as long as you present the right argument and quote/citation to fit your need.

XyloJW

ulvir posted:

you should come join us in the social sciences. "definitions" are more "general guidelines" and can be adapted at ease as long as you present the right argument and quote/citation to fit your need.

you should check out geosciences, where there aren't accepted definitions and people just go "eh it's kinda like this, or maybe not sometimes, unless you ask these guys who say it's the opposite"

pig slut lisa

irl is good

XyloJW posted:

you should check out geosciences, where there aren't accepted definitions and people just go "eh it's kinda like this, or maybe not sometimes, unless you ask these guys who say it's the opposite"

my wife is a fluvial geomorphologist and basically she just speaks in tongues as far as i can tell

pig slut lisa

irl is good

even her job title is made up words

XyloJW
really? that's a field my department focuses a lot on.

Bwee
i focus on propane and propane accessories

Blue Wher

The Smart Baseball Dargon Sez:

"Baseball is chaos!"

His bat is signed by Carl "Yaz" Yastrzemski
I focus on you, bae <3

Blue Wher

The Smart Baseball Dargon Sez:

"Baseball is chaos!"

His bat is signed by Carl "Yaz" Yastrzemski
I refuse to specify who "you, bae" is on irreligious grounds.

fuck. marry. t-rex

XyloJW posted:

really? that's a field my department focuses a lot on.

:iiam::irony:

FluffieDuckie

:siren: a word about walmart shipping :siren:

i had many stores i could have ordered this mini iron from. but walmart had the cheapest price and they were the only ones who would guarantee delivery as quickly as today. so i bit back my irrational hatred for everything walmart and ordered the item plus $11 to guarantee rush delivery

i'm sure you all know where this is going

today i noticed i had not received an email saying "your order has shipped!"

so i checked online and it said "processing" and still had a delivery date of today

well i'm no dummy and i know if they're still finding a box to put my mini iron in at 2 pm pacific time i wasn't getting my iron today

so i called the helpful people at walmart

the gentleman who answered the phone assured me that my mini iron is sitting on the shipping dock awaiting pick up by the delivery company. he admits that time and space still being constants in the physical world that it is "unlikely" that it will actually arrive at my house today

he graciously refunds me my $11 shipping and assures me that it will arrive by friday. i of course pointed out to him that that would be different than wednesday and we agreed that friday and wednesday are not the same day. i thanked him for his insightful commentary and hung up the phone.

things i can do while waiting:

- finish pinning the strips to the squares
- sew those first strips onto the squares
- wash and iron the backing fabric
- cut the backing fabric into 2 pieces and sew it together width wise (the finished quilt will be too wide for the width the fabric comes in so i have to do this)
- drink all the wine i can find in the house
- write a scathing review of walmart on every website i can find
- never, and i mean never, order something from walmart again

Bwee
cut out pictures of bwee and paste them on all your wine bottles

pig slut lisa

irl is good

Bwee posted:

pig slut lisa

irl is good

make sure when you ship the quilt to me that you don't use unreliable walmart shipping

XyloJW
I've ordered many things from Walmart and never had t work out well. not once. it's always a new and exciting kind of gently caress up.

once we did site to store, and our friend who works there texted us "hey I saw your order in the back, go pick it up!" we spent 3 hours arguing with them, because they kept insisting it wasn't back there and wasn't in the system. we had to get our friend to come up on her off time and go back and point to the thing.

FluffieDuckie

XyloJW posted:

I've ordered many things from Walmart and never had t work out well. not once. it's always a new and exciting kind of gently caress up.

once we did site to store, and our friend who works there texted us "hey I saw your order in the back, go pick it up!" we spent 3 hours arguing with them, because they kept insisting it wasn't back there and wasn't in the system. we had to get our friend to come up on her off time and go back and point to the thing.

where were you when i was making my purchasing decision on monday?

bwatts

BYOB Project: Take Down Walmart

XyloJW
rolling deep

ulvir

Bwee posted:

i am he

vice.com op-ed posted:

BYOB Project: Take Down Walmart

I'll make the quilt

I Dunno

i also ordered something from walmart recently and it definitely didn't show up on time

XyloJW
think it's pretty conclusive: Walmart isn't a good shipping company

FluffieDuckie

If we band together and boycott them, the joint power of losing 73 customers should bring them to their knees

ulvir

FluffieDuckie posted:

If we band together and boycott them, the joint power of losing 73 customers should bring them to their knees

we don't have them here so I'm basically boycotting them on the daily in solidarity

FluffieDuckie

ulvir posted:

we don't have them here so I'm basically boycotting them on the daily in solidarity

I appreciate your proactiveness

XyloJW
it's the only store in my area so I will boycott them in spirit, but not in actuality, is that okay?

FluffieDuckie

XyloJW posted:

it's the only store in my area so I will boycott them in spirit, but not in actuality, is that okay?

I suppose if you give them surly looks that would aid in the cause

ulvir

FluffieDuckie posted:

I appreciate your proactiveness

just doing what I can for my byob friends

fuck. marry. t-rex

i already boycott them over wages, and my town banned them :sweatdrop:

FluffieDuckie

FluffieDuckie posted:

things i can do while waiting:

- finish pinning the strips to the squares

FluffieDuckie posted:

- sew those first strips onto the squares

Grass Effect
oooh baby, it's coming along

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pig slut lisa

irl is good

how heavy will the quilt be when it's done

e: like is this one of those quilts where when you're a little kid you pull it down onto yourself from the back of the couch and it feels heavy. or is this a light quilt, suitable for wearing to the derby on a muggy day.

• Locked thread