Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Westrice: The Time Is Now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Firebert posted:

They could even import a good top laner and jungler

Flame and Spirit.

All Winterfox needs is like a few million dollars to buy those guys out of their contracts. Should be easy.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
innox was way better than avalon and still one of the worst LCS players

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

henkman posted:

They said a good player, not the young Evaniskus of toplane

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Westrice beat Balls 1v1, stealing part of his soul. He is one of The Greatest of All Time

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Firebert posted:

They could even import a good top laner and jungler

Steal flame away from where he's rotting in the lpl

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Libertine posted:

There are so many CS-tier players floating around that they could get and work into something resembling a mid-tier team around Pobelter and Altec. The young upside squad.

Put Pobelter, Altec, and Gleeb on a team with two challenger soloqueue players from wherever and you could have an irrational confidence allstars team.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.

henkman posted:

A proven veteran with leadership experience.

archduke.iago
Mar 1, 2011

Nostalgia used to be so much better.

The thing is, Velocity, EG in NA, and WFX have all had the same (lovely) manager. If the goal is "Pobelter/Altec on a team over .500," you're not going to do it with the current management. I'm not even sure Flame/Spirit/Pob/Altec/Gleeb could do it if they were still under the WFX banner (Pob/Altec/Flame on the same team wouldn't work anyway). It's because of this I'm holding out for C9 Pob and TSM Altec.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
c9 link, clg p.o.b.

archduke.iago
Mar 1, 2011

Nostalgia used to be so much better.

Firebert posted:

c9 link, clg p.o.b.

clg is gross i don't want pob there :(

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Why would TSM replace Turtle? There's a ton of rumors about it but none of them make a whole lot of sense to me.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Are these actual rumors or just fans talking about it? For whatever reason people wildly underrate the Young Turtle and refer to him as a worse DoubleLift.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Libertine posted:

Why would TSM replace Turtle? There's a ton of rumors about it but none of them make a whole lot of sense to me.

I don't get it either, why do that when you're currently so successful? It makes no sense.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

GreyPowerVan posted:

Steal flame away from where he's rotting in the lpl

Reminder that Save is also wasting way on the bench of a mid-tier LPL team in favor of a guy named Pokemon.

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.

Libertine posted:

With whom? Is Faker moving to AD and wants to live in LA? Pray? Is Forgiven so mad about IEM that he's outta there?

Who else would you slot in as a replacement for Turtle?

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

I have seen the light, and it is a string

Badfinger posted:

With whom? Is Faker moving to AD and wants to live in LA? Pray? Is Forgiven so mad about IEM that he's outta there?

Tabbzs maybe, Sneaky if C9 collapses?

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

AdjectiveNoun posted:

NiP at least had H2K contending with them.

I will never forget the hilarity of EU Super Team number 2 getting swept by the then unknown Roccat.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Tabzz, better than WildTurtle and only WildTurtle, otherwise unable to get an ADC job anywhere.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Hypocrisy posted:

I will never forget the hilarity of EU Super Team number 2 getting swept by the then unknown Roccat.

that owned a ton

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Sexpansion posted:

Holy loving poo poo Pawn is Faker level. Watch him play Leblanc in this game and tell me he isn't: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fxZ3hyAKcE

pawn died twice :colbert:

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009

Badfinger posted:

They can't get any outside NA talent without getting rid of Santorin, Bjerg or Lustboy and also replacing them. What I'm saying is TSM Meteos and Imp so Piglet can continue to cry.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
Everyone knows that wildturtle and Dyrus are th anchors dragging TSM down to their current first place world status. I personally would recommend replacing them with Chaox and TheRainMan, respectively.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

TSM doesn't need a do nothing gold hog so they would be best to steer clear of adding C9 players

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

Also replace bjergson with a better player, like power of evil.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Badfinger posted:

That's what I'm asking. I'm not suggesting WildTurtle gets replaced. Things that came up in the reveal of the recent Elements moves is that TSM allegedly discussed acquiring Tabzz or Forgiven from SK. I would have thought that both Turtle and Forgiven were iron-clad locks on their respective rosters but there are clearly some side discussions going on.

Part of that might just be Regi doing due diligence on potential free agents, but at the same time unless Turtle has privately expressed a desire to step back soon, I can't imagine why TSM would even be looking for someone to fill for him. Doubly so for SK.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

Also replace bjergson with a better player, like power of evil.

Or the best shot caller in the world, Jesiz

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Libertine posted:

Things that came up in the reveal of the recent Elements moves is that TSM allegedly discussed acquiring Tabzz or Forgiven from SK.

I think you misread. It was that SK & TSM contacted Tabbz about subbing for them, but he ended up choosing EL. Most likely because subbing for SK or TSM means sitting on the bench, streaming under their banner, and not being swapped in to play at all.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
The article I saw was just rumors about reginald acquiring free agents so that other teams couldn't use them. But fans still thought it meant WT was to be replaced.

I hope the rest of the teams in NA LCS can get better before playoffs. TSM looks great but I'd like to see C9, TIP, liquid, and CLG all at their best form. I thought this was winterfox's year but I didn't realize how bad avalon would be.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

TIP looks like they could be a menace in the playoffs. TL & C9 look meh. CLG could be very good if they stop choking.

TSM
CLG
TIP
C9
2 of TL/T8/GV

would be a nice playoffs.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

You shut your whore mouth C9 isn't placing lower than... third.

:cry:

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
Hooray, WFX undid their dumb swap. If only they could undo Avalon too!

Badfinger posted:

It is probably worth noting that KT is Real Bad this year. Even though they still have some decent players, as a team they haven't shown anything so far.

Yeah, they're a mess. They laned okay but their shotcalling is terrible.

What was promising about CJ's win was not so much the win itself but CoCo playing more champs and Ambition not doing absolutely nothing all game.

Going 2-1 isnt the best though, yeah, but we'lls ee if this is a recovery or just another inconsistent performance

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
C9 places first after saving Alex Ich from his dumb NA 5 challenger team with Crumbzz and RF Legendary (RIP Yuno, you deserve better).

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.

Libertine posted:

That's what I'm asking. I'm not suggesting WildTurtle gets replaced. Things that came up in the reveal of the recent Elements moves is that TSM allegedly discussed acquiring Tabzz or Forgiven from SK. I would have thought that both Turtle and Forgiven were iron-clad locks on their respective rosters but there are clearly some side discussions going on.

Part of that might just be Regi doing due diligence on potential free agents, but at the same time unless Turtle has privately expressed a desire to step back soon, I can't imagine why TSM would even be looking for someone to fill for him. Doubly so for SK.

Same, I'm just continuing the line of questioning. If one buys into the idea that TSM is looking to replace Turtle (I don't, haven't really seen it anywhere either), who could they possibly acquire to be an upgrade. There are no "available" AD players I think are upgrades. Hint: Tabzz is not an upgrade over WildTurtle.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
Sneaky would be the only logical conclusion and that seems really unlikely.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

the only thing i know about rf legendary is that he cried when someone on reddit or twitter laughed at him, truly an empowering backstory

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
tabbz is a beast and he even made nyph look good, a feat rekkles himself cannot achieve

also he shotcalls p good

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Typical Pubbie posted:

C9 places first after saving Alex Ich from his dumb NA 5 challenger team with Crumbzz and RF Legendary (RIP Yuno, you deserve better).

Or imaqtpie maining brad

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

RC Cola posted:

Or imaqtpie maining brad

Please make Big Dick Brad a reality

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Lovechop posted:

tabbz is a beast and he even made nyph look good, a feat rekkles himself cannot achieve

also he shotcalls p good
lmao, nyph isnt that awful imo. he defo has the least personality on team cardboard white people template though

• Locked thread