Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

Bicyclops posted:

Good news: they are never making another one, so she will never say anything again.

i still believe in Metroid: Dread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Excels posted:

i still believe in Metroid: Dread
I remember playing this on Newgrounds in 2004.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

For some reason people seem to think Metroid Prime 1.5 and Metroid Dread are the same thing but they were different concepts and neither one is getting made at this point.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Heavy Lobster posted:

Which is great, and of course no other JRPG series has really taken after that in particular.

yeah see like the FF15 demo is actually kind of great except that your 4 party members for the entire game are the biggest anime JRPG heroes of all time, it's like a Greatest Hits of Final Fantasy protagonists and they're all dudes :\

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Vaan, Zidane, Tidus and Squall walked into a bar.

"Walk into a bar," said Squall. "I won't have anyone talking about me in the past tense!"

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

"Walk into a bar," said Squall. "I won't have anyone talking about me in the past tense!"

:golfclap:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Bicyclops posted:

"Wait, which game was Vaan in?" said Vaan.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Tidus doesn't actually walk into the bar because he doesn't exist.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Tidus: I'd like a whis - a scot....

*flashback*

Jecht: You can't do it, kid! You'll always be a crybaby!

Tidus: Just give me a milk.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Bicyclops posted:

Tidus: I'd like a whis - a scot....

*flashback*

Jecht: You can't do it, kid! You'll always be a crybaby!

Tidus: Just give me a milk.

You didn't flash back forward. What, is he asking for a milk in the past? This is why they don't listen to you people about vg stories :smug:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

FF 15 should have been a crossover about Jecht, Sazh, Laguna, and Caius going on dadventures instead of some boy band road trip. Make a FF game with actually entertaining characters for once, Square.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Cid, Cid, Cid, and Cid team up to defeat the dreaded Sidhe.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Real talk though Sazh IS the best FF character

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I don't know who Caius is, and it's weird for me to not know an FF character.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Caius is the one that's a big dumb baby who wants to end all time and space because he had a bad day once

you know, that one

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

precision posted:

Caius is the one that's a big dumb baby who wants to end all time and space because he had a bad day once

you know, that one
Oh, I've been spelling Kuja all wrong.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

precision posted:

you know, that one

He is also Liam O'Brien devouring the scenery and he accessorizes daringly.

Sazh is definitely the best FF character, though.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

FactsAreUseless posted:

I don't know who Caius is, and it's weird for me to not know an FF character.

dude!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Excels posted:

DAO was a legit good rpg though.

this probably belongs in the confessionals but i found it very boring and couldnt stand the combat. i tried so hard to play it and get into it, but Im just not the target audience

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The last FF game I played at any length was 12. I actually don't tend to play a lot of games, I just get really into specific ones.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

The last FF game I played at any length was 12. I actually don't tend to play a lot of games, I just get really into specific ones.

ff13-2 is really cool.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

elf help book posted:

ff13-2 is really cool.
I read the plot summary on a wiki once and it sounded unhinged in a fun way.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

I read the plot summary on a wiki once and it sounded unhinged in a fun way.

You probably have a clearer idea of the plot than someone who played it did, it doesn't matter.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I love Final Fantasy plots. They never half-rear end anything. It is 100 percent full rear end.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
the ff13 games are really good $20 games

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Bicyclops posted:

what are some good ones.

i don't think they do well with RPG, i think they fill a puzzle niche where it's basically about mashing your finger on the screen and making numbers go up. i want one that involves slightly less mashing than tiny tower, though, so that i can also live my life while experiencing the unique pleasure of mindlessly leveling up.

candy crush soda saga

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

VideoGames posted:

this probably belongs in the confessionals but i found it very boring and couldnt stand the combat. i tried so hard to play it and get into it, but Im just not the target audience

it's a somewhat boring and dry implementation of its genre. if i'm being favorable toward it I would describe DAO as "workmanlike"

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Zombies' Downfall posted:

the ff13 games are really good $20 games

that's how much I paid for 13 and 13-2 but i bought Lightning Returns for $40 and still feel like i got my money's worth on that one because it owns

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

elf help book posted:

ff13-2 is really cool.

it's funny how a few pages back i mentioned how people who say the 13 series is good always have to give reasons and now you guys are trying to say they're good without reasons and it's like, lmao, i called you guys out on it hardcore

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

gay skull posted:

it's funny how a few pages back i mentioned how people who say the 13 series is good always have to give reasons and now you guys are trying to say they're good without reasons and it's like, lmao, i called you guys out on it hardcore

yeah ok

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

gay skull posted:

Yes, everyone values what you have to say.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

gay skull posted:

by the power of gay skull! smooble'd again

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i fuckin love writing long posts i write them all the drat time but i gotta hold back cuz known insane retard gay skull owned me

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

VideoGames posted:

nah you're right, it's just an uninspired BG2 retread with worse combat and some of the most horrible RPG areas ever made

someone playtested the Deep Roads and went "yep chief that's some good stuff"

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

elf help book posted:

i fuckin love writing long posts i write them all the drat time but i gotta hold back cuz known insane retard gay skull owned me

sometimes i write a really long post and then delete it because i'm like "eh gently caress it man". :shrug:

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Hey ArfJason, Gone Home is a good game and you're a little bitch baby :smugmrgw:

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

Yes, everyone values what you have to say.

drat straight

elf help book posted:

I rule

precision posted:

by the power of gay skull! smooble'd again

gently caress yeah

Gay Skull in the hizzouse

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
why do they always add a sprint meter, why can't i just sprint forever

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Excels posted:

You try sprinting forever, fatass, and then say that. Verisimilitude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Excels posted:

son asks his dad for a car
dad says "first you gotta cut your hair"
son says "but jesus had long hair"
dad says "yes son. jesus walked everywhere."

• Locked thread