Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Flipswitch posted:

lmao, nyph isnt that awful imo. he defo has the least personality on team cardboard white people template though

him and nrated are both part of the incredibly boring german support club

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Flipswitch posted:

the only thing i know about rf legendary is that he cried when someone on reddit or twitter laughed at him, truly an empowering backstory

Reddit laughed at Locodoco and look at him now.

RF Legendary Top lane MVP incoming.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Failboattootoot posted:

Sneaky would be the only logical conclusion and that seems really unlikely.

That guy, so underrated

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Hypocrisy posted:

Reddit laughed at Locodoco and look at him now.

Everyone thought Locodoco was nothing but another average wanker, a jackoff who couldn't rise to the occasion when it really counted

Now look at him, standing tall and proud as coach of TSM, the undisputed best team in the world, when you see him popping off on stream now you know it's no mistake

stump collector
May 28, 2007

rabidsquid posted:

That guy, so underrated

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

mistaya posted:

You shut your whore mouth C9 isn't placing lower than... third.

:cry:

not an empty quote. :suicide:

quote:

I thought this was winterfox's year but I didn't realize how bad avalon would be.

This is by far the biggest disappointment of the season for NA I think. That poo poo looked like it was going to be great and then it was so, so bad. :smith:

babydonthurtme
Apr 21, 2005
It's my first time...
Grimey Drawer

Lightning Knight posted:

not an empty quote. :suicide:

This is by far the biggest disappointment of the season for NA I think. That poo poo looked like it was going to be great and then it was so, so bad. :smith:
QFT. I was excited for Winterfox and they pretty much just cratered.

Also quoting your quote of mistiya to unhappily concur, I have eternal salt over how C9 has been performing. I don't want TSM to be the only legit good NA team :ohdear:

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011

rabidsquid posted:

That guy, so underrated

You really like Cloud 9, huh?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

NA can be good even if C9 is bad. I am sorry to break the bad news.

Typical Pubbie posted:

You really like Cloud 9, huh?

True C9 fans weather any storm, friend

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

rabidsquid posted:

True C9 fans weather any storm, friend

By which you mean they weep silently in the corners because their team didn't dominate the standings for one split, of course.

(I joke, I joke. I know that pain. I'm a TSM fan first and foremost, but CLG was my second team since before LCS was even a thing :smith: )

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

One thing is for sure is that the c9 fans are iron skinned and will survive this, can't be trolled. CLG and Curse fans are constantly trolled by their own teams and are in hiding

can we get an NA team in cardigans to harness the league power of cable knit and have a reaal team who can pose a threat to TSM

rabidsquid fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Mar 18, 2015

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
I don't care if C9 wins or loses, all I care about is support Nautilus hype!

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Firebert posted:

I don't care if C9 wins or loses, all I care about is support Nautilus hype!

Holy poo poo he's played a ton of games of that. I don't think it's any good, but I guess we'll see if he busts it out this week.

As a known advocate of Support Galio I can't begrudge a man his pocket support picks.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Mid season is when any C9 changes will happen. I just wonder what Sneaky would play to compliment naut... graves?

Oh dear... Imagine chucking an angry Nautilus into the enemy with Kalista.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
Haha yeah that's a big problem with c9 making a weird support pick, considering how it will work in a 2v2 lane.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
Seems legit, between the Naut buffs and the fact that he isn't as useless as Leona from behind while providing many of the same basic tools. Laneswap away from the 2v2 as usual in case they pick some dumb poo poo like Janna, take teamfights with his more reliable ult engage?

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011

rabidsquid posted:

Who in this thread said otherwise?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Typical Pubbie posted:

Who in this thread said otherwise?

Everyone who was worried NA was poo poo because C9 lost at IEM

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Regi called NA teams trash in the most recent episode of the TSM tv show (At around 20 minutes after they lose to TIP)

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Calax posted:

Regi called NA teams trash in the most recent episode of the TSM tv show (At around 20 minutes after they lose to TIP)

Nice to see that even at the top levels of competition, everybody's still bad (and this includes the people saying so).

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Calax posted:

The whole discussion was pretty funny.

"We only win with outscaling because the other teams can't end and throw."

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011

rabidsquid posted:

Everyone who was worried NA was poo poo because C9 lost at IEM

And is that a sentiment that continued through IEM or are you pacing around your house as I type this, muttering passive aggressive snark about the perceived value of Sneaky as an LCS Attack Damage Carry? :allears:

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Oh yeah dude I busted up some furniture and am screaming as I type

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!

rabidsquid posted:

Oh yeah dude I busted up some furniture and am screaming as I type

you should get that looked at

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

rabidsquid posted:

That guy, so underrated

I meant that it seems really unlikely that Sneaky would want to switch teams.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Libertine posted:

Holy poo poo he's played a ton of games of that. I don't think it's any good, but I guess we'll see if he busts it out this week.

I laned with a Naut support a few times last season and it was legit then, I can only imagine the changes he's seen in season 5 would make it stronger. I'm curious to see if they bring it out.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Failboattootoot posted:

I meant that it seems really unlikely that Sneaky would want to switch teams.

Considering how many teams are having such a tough time integrating new talent I can't see why he would either. It's a little weird that some teams are having huge issues with this though when a team like TiP is able to adapt to way bigger hurdles, or even what's going on with the LPL right now. Or even look at how easily Fnatic integrated non English speakers.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Actually I have been wondering about that for a bit. I am not entirely certain Impaler and Jesiz were significantly worse talent than what has been kicking around the bottom of NA this split. Compare that talent level to T8. Are the individual talent on T8 really nearly the same as Liquid? I guess maybe I am underestimating their mid and jungle but i also wonder if their cohesion from playing together is why they're doing so much better.

Teams that have been messing around with subs and replacements seem to be performing really poorly in the Western scene. Maybe the lack of decent coaching is a much bigger hurdle to teams whose rosters are in flux.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

TiP taking such a long time to actually well, not suck isn't unexpected but I wonder if last week was some kind of weird Karthus-based fluke or what. If you ban that, does it fall apart again? XWX hasn't really looked like himself on anything else this split.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Fusion looking really strong, still not wholly sold on their solo laners.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
I think the competitive teams live or die almost entirely off of how dedicated the players are to the game, and as soon as they lapse in their play for like a patch or two the teams essentially fall apart. Like when SK's lineup was still Ocelote's team and right before the split where they started off with 0 wins for a long time, he said in an interview that the team had taken over a month off and hadn't played the game at all and that they had earned the vacation and what not. I can appreciate where he's coming from as a man who would like to take a month-long vacation while having a lot of money; but if you aren't practicing, scrimmaging, and playing a ton of solo queue on top of that, on every single one of your players every single day, you are going to quickly fall out of the competitive scene because there are teams and players who will play at that level of dedication.

I actually think a huge problem that Cloud 9 has this season is how they moved their house away from the LCS studios and have to travel between every single match day. That is just so insanely stupid I don't know why they thought it would "build team chemistry" or something. It just means they always have less time to practice and are always more tired from travel. That has a very real effect on their week-to-week performances vs. other teams not playing with those disadvantages.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I am pretty sure it wasn't for building chemistry but they felt like they would take LCS more seriously if they had to fly there instead of just driving.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Can I just mention that TSM's uniforms are tasteful as gently caress and look really good on them , especially on the Gaming Danes? They're certainly not shitkicker leather jackets over hoodies, or baby pink vests, but I feel like they deserve to be part of the best uniform conversation at least.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Nothing can beat out the bargain bin white t-shirts of Alliance

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.

Libertine posted:

I think the competitive teams live or die almost entirely off of how dedicated the players are to the game, and as soon as they lapse in their play for like a patch or two the teams essentially fall apart. Like when SK's lineup was still Ocelote's team and right before the split where they started off with 0 wins for a long time, he said in an interview that the team had taken over a month off and hadn't played the game at all and that they had earned the vacation and what not. I can appreciate where he's coming from as a man who would like to take a month-long vacation while having a lot of money; but if you aren't practicing, scrimmaging, and playing a ton of solo queue on top of that, on every single one of your players every single day, you are going to quickly fall out of the competitive scene because there are teams and players who will play at that level of dedication.

I actually think a huge problem that Cloud 9 has this season is how they moved their house away from the LCS studios and have to travel between every single match day. That is just so insanely stupid I don't know why they thought it would "build team chemistry" or something. It just means they always have less time to practice and are always more tired from travel. That has a very real effect on their week-to-week performances vs. other teams not playing with those disadvantages.

The every two week reactionary balance patches nonstop mean that you can fall off extremely hard at basically any time due to no fault of your own haha and the only possible remedy is to be playing every second forever because you need to be playing the possible new poo poo in solo queue enough to be good at it in addition to scrimming all day.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Bjergsen playing a lot of chogath mid on stream lately, complaining that the mid pool is pretty bad right now...Chogath mid this weekend? :getin:

would love to see bjerg 'playmake' by waddling up to enemy adc & eating him

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
The mid pool IS pretty bad right now. Overnight we're back in season 2 where dudes with 5k hp are in every single game.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

Jerkface posted:

Bjergsen playing a lot of chogath mid on stream lately, complaining that the mid pool is pretty bad right now...Chogath mid this weekend? :getin:

would love to see bjerg 'playmake' by waddling up to enemy adc & eating him

Weiless busted out the midgath in the LPL and ate Dade.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Cho's been popped out a few times in the LPL.

ANd Lemon has been going nuts with naut (saw him via sneaky's stream)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

babydonthurtme
Apr 21, 2005
It's my first time...
Grimey Drawer
I'm kind of excited to see if Cho'gath turns up in either NA or EU this week, but also kind of vaguely disappointed that he and Diana are the new innovations.

I mean as much as I'd like to see more new champions played, I'm also not all that interested in exchanging farm-hungry scaling melee midlaner X (ie Kassadin) for farm-hungry scaling melee midlaner Z.

• Locked thread