Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gygaxian
May 29, 2013
Haha, even Santorum's expression is all "good lord, save me from the crazy lady".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Santorum: "I'm not a sitting member of the senate"

*crowd cheers*

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Valentin posted:

Andrew Kaczynski found this video of everyone's favorite perennial presidential hopeful Ricky S. at the National Security Action Summit last weekend, answering the single craziest question ever asked in U.S. politics. It is is the closest thing to a must-watch video that Santorum will have in this race.
Why does the National Security Action Summit not have security guards?

Edit: oh there they are

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Gygaxian posted:

Haha, even Santorum's expression is all "good lord, save me from the crazy lady".

When she started yelling about how Obama wanted to set off a nuke in Charleston I heard some person starting to bray like a donkey in the background. That poor lady has some obvious mental issues.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
I never thought that I'd see Rick Santorum as the less crazy one in a video but welp here we are.

Also Obama didn't want to set off a nuke in Charleston, he tried to. Did I miss a news story about a terror scare somewhere?

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer

Valentin posted:

Andrew Kaczynski found this video of everyone's favorite perennial presidential hopeful Ricky S. at the National Security Action Summit last weekend, answering the single craziest question ever asked in U.S. politics. It is is the closest thing to a must-watch video that Santorum will have in this race.

it's good but nothing will ever top the cavalcade of madness that was people asking questions to empty podiums at the Value Voters debate back in 2007: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zxtLccVnu0

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Re Charleston: News story from the "World's Largest English Language News Service with Over 500 Articles Updated Daily"

Welp.

Edit: Next question on Iran - Reagan can be forgiven for dealing with Iran because he was more concerned with defeating the USSR. Everyone else who did it was a chump.

sniper4625 fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Mar 18, 2015

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer

sniper4625 posted:

I never thought that I'd see Rick Santorum as the less crazy one in a video but welp here we are.

Also Obama didn't want to set off a nuke in Charleston, he tried to. Did I miss a news story about a terror scare somewhere?

Remember when all those generals in 2013 working in strategic command who got canned because a probe turned up that the entire organization was basically run like a National Lampoon movie? That immediately became a far-right buzzword for Obama firing everyone who wouldn't nuke americans. A little beforehand, there was an earthquake in South Carolina, so naturally, it was caused by a nuke that the fired generals heroically guided off course and detonated in the ocean, rather than on top of charleston.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

sniper4625 posted:

Re Charleston: News story from the "World's Largest English Language News Service with Over 500 Articles Updated Daily"

Welp.

Edit: Next question on Iran - Reagan can be forgiven for dealing with Iran because he was more concerned with defeating the USSR. Everyone else who did it was a chump.

That picture of a nuclear explosion is a screenshot of the videogame World in Conflict.

I'm amazed that Santorum can take a crazy statement like that and start answering it in a prepackaged way. "This is the unraveling, in as bold a place as you can do, of the Constitution of this country."

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

sniper4625 posted:

I think the person was drastically misremembering an old TV movie where Charleston gets nuked, and assumed it was Obama's Plan.

The movie was called SPECIAL BULLETIN http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special_Bulletin

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Valentin posted:

You can see him biting down on the inside of his cheeks to keep from laughing. :lol:

Nintendo Kid posted:

I think the person was drastically misremembering an old TV movie where Charleston gets nuked, and assumed it was Obama's Plan.

The movie was called SPECIAL BULLETIN http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special_Bulletin

Nah, it was definitely this thing:

Which got picked up by the Daily Paul, Prison Planet, etc. That lady was obviously mainlining the Alex Jones. I'm shocked that Agenda 21 and the Bilderbergers and gay juiceboxes didn't come up.

richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

Twenty years? It's no wonder I'm so hungry. Do you have anything to eat?

Freudian posted:

He looks like Stephen Hawking.

Ah, so I'm not the only one seeing that.

Adenoid Dan
Mar 8, 2012

The Hobo Serenader
Lipstick Apathy
Did he address the nuke part of the question? I couldn't make it that far into his answer.

Al Harrington
May 1, 2005

I used to be an adventurer like you, then I took an arrow in the eye

Valentin posted:

the southern united states ladies and gentlemen

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat

Adenoid Dan posted:

Did he address the nuke part of the question? I couldn't make it that far into his answer.

It makes perfect sense that the President of the United States would try to nuke Charleston because

Charleston is the key to the continent?
Charleston is home of the All-American candy the Charleston Chew?
Charleston eh, I got nothing.

Dominus Vobiscum
Sep 2, 2004

Our motives are multiple, our desires complex.
Fallen Rib

JonathonSpectre posted:

It makes perfect sense that the President of the United States would try to nuke Charleston because

Charleston is the key to the continent?
Charleston is home of the All-American candy the Charleston Chew?
Charleston eh, I got nothing.

Revenge for Fort Sumter?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

JonathonSpectre posted:

Because it was a FALSE FLAG attack targeted at one of the most militant members of the US Senate, Lindsey Graham, who (hilariously, unwittingly) provided the voice over about the dangers of shipping nukes through Charleston in Alex Jones' breathless report on this blatant exercise of Globalist / Bilderberger / Lizard People control. Also, too, order your dose of Super Male Vitality now through Alex's store and stock up on disaster seeds and hand-crank radios.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I feel gross because I got to that part and didn't say "what the gently caress?". I knew exactly what she was referencing :smith:.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.

Valentin posted:

Pro click

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

Valentin posted:

yes hello my question is ASLFJLDGJASHFJASASLFKASLH"k

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
man the President is just all over the TV too like can you imagine feeling like that every time you even glimpsed the COMMUNIST DICTATOR

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

mooyashi posted:

man the President is just all over the TV too like can you imagine feeling like that every time you even glimpsed the COMMUNIST DICTATOR

Yeah. I'm more than six years old.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

mooyashi posted:

Yep, it's on view 24/7 in the Freep thread.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
More importantly, every time you see him on tv, he is looking right at you. He can see you through the tv.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

Valentin posted:

Bloomberg News is on the case! http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2015-03-19/whoa-if-true-obama-s-secret-plan-to-nuke-charleston-south-carolina

SnakePlissken
Dec 31, 2009

by zen death robot

Valentin posted:

Absolute pro click. What's really great to me is she's got that evangelist con man thing with her voice going on. Somebodeh aymen meh! Cross--posting this to the GBS youtube thread thx.

SnakePlissken fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Mar 19, 2015

Al Harrington
May 1, 2005

I used to be an adventurer like you, then I took an arrow in the eye

SnakePlissken posted:

Absolute pro click. What's really great to me is she's got that evangelist con man thing with her voice going on. Somebodeh aymen meh! Cross--posting this to the GBS youtube thread thx.

reminded me of when McCain was campaigning against Obama and after riling everyone up he had to explain that Obama is not an arab terrorist, but a decent man that would make a good president

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

Meg From Family Guy
Feb 4, 2012

Valentin posted:

I rarely watch videos posted in this thread but this one is gold. Gotta be a freeper

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Al Harrington posted:

reminded me of when McCain was campaigning against Obama and after riling everyone up he had to explain that Obama is not an arab terrorist, but a decent man that would make a good president

I believe the full quote is that he is not an Arab, but a "decent family man."

De Nomolos
Jan 17, 2007

TV rots your brain like it's crack cocaine
Who will be the first candidate to have to take a question on Vince Foster?

God I miss HST covering presidential elections.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Internet Webguy posted:

I believe the full quote is that he is not an Arab, but a "decent family man."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrnRU3ocIH4

It's depressing how most other Republican candidates wouldn't have bothered to make even that correction.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Urdnot Fire posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrnRU3ocIH4

It's depressing how most other Republican candidates wouldn't have bothered to make even that correction.

Santorum is such a piece of poo poo. McCain handled those encounters extremely well.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

It's like these people don't read the texts of executive orders and just assume they're dictatorial bulls because black president.

E: they can sleep better now knowing that DACA was the product of an individual with the proper level of melanin.

FAUXTON fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Mar 19, 2015

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Valentin posted:

Holy goddamn she just keeps going

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

quote:

“I don’t do ambush interviews,” conservative radio host Hugh Hewitt told Dr. Ben Carson at the beginning of their extended discussion Wednesday. But over the course of 17 minutes, Hewitt brought up several topics that seemed to trip up the potential 2016 Republican presidential candidate, including a question about ISIS that led to a unique prediction from Carson.

Asked how he compares the threat of ISIS to that of Iran, along with North Korea, Russia and China, Carson said that the U.S.’s “biggest enemies” are on the Sunni Muslim side, meaning ISIS. But, he added, “there are a number of sponsored terrorist groups that emanate from the Shia, which are based primarily in Iran.”

“Right now, they’re fighting each other in Iraq, admittedly,” he continued. “But in the long run, I think they would gladly unite against us in their attempt to destroy the United States, our way of life, and Israel. And we have to be extraordinarily careful about any alliances with them.”

As Hewitt put it, Carson is “unique in positing the prospect of a Shia-Sunni alliance,” pointing out, “they are at each other’s throats right now, aren’t they?”

“There’s no question they’re at each other’s throats, and it’s tempting for us to say you know, the enemy of our enemy is our friend,” Carson said in response. “But I do not believe that for one second. I believe that they believe that we are evil, and they want us destroyed.”

Later in the interview, when Hewitt asked his guest if he thinks NATO should be prepared to intervene if Vladimir Putin tries to invade the Baltic states, Carson said we “need to convince [the Baltic states] to get involved in NATO” first.

“Well, the Baltics, they are in NATO,” Hewitt informed Carson. He later used that misstep to question Carson’s knowledge on geopolitics, comparing him to Sarah Palin in the process.

People still take this man seriously. I mean, seriously as in not Sarah Palin/Donald Trump seriously, primary serious.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Three Olives posted:

People still take this man seriously. I mean, seriously as in not Sarah Palin/Donald Trump seriously, primary serious.

compared to

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WW_nDFKAmCo

that was extremely good analysis

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Valentin posted:

I can say from experience that this is how a lot of Republican town halls legitimately are, if not crazier. She didn't angrily brandish a gun, make insane demands, or go off on some kind of disgusting tangent, so she's not the worst person to ever speak at a Republican town hall.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Three Olives posted:

Carson would be so much more tolerable if he had a bunch of dumb sayings like Cain, or if he liked pokemon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

Sir Tonk posted:

Carson would be so much more tolerable if he had a bunch of dumb sayings like Cain, or if he liked pokemon.

Oh for the love of god please let an interviewer ask him about pokemon.

• Locked thread