Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
get a lovely androidy stick to plug in your hdmi and then have plex or some bullshit on it

or hey get a :chome:cast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i think the tv is hosed at accepting virtually any kind of signal

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Nintendo Kid posted:

hey it turns out greasemonkey 3.0 which just recently came out has a bug that causes this in a buncha scripts, so if you install the greasemonkey 3.1 beta poo poo gets fixed

oh cool will check it out :tipshat:

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

echinopsis posted:

thanks for that

as it turns out though its a bust idea

went and got the appletv3
but it only shows the apple logo on the tv and then the tv says no signal
tried all sorts of things. works on another TV (the one i use as a monitor) so its kinda pointless
the main thing i tried was cycling screen resolutions coz its an older 720p tv i was given. it just doesnt work. searched for the problem and lots of other people have had it but apple is pretty good at ignoring problems, most peoplea re just like "ive tried everything, no help"

might see if i can return it. i could blame the lovely samsung tv my dad gave me

but i'll blame apple. fuckin crapple

the few minutes i spent on it on this tv though.. the GUI isnt up to the usual apple standard. its a bit basic. regret it already, even for the low price it was

it worked though, home sharing

oh that sucks. i blame sarnsung

or your jerkwad dad

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
id tried using it as a monitor in the past too. its hosed up

welp listed on nz version of ebay now with $1 reserve :getin:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

uncurable mlady posted:

or are you looking for something like this -

butts.com/sizes

then users create

butts.com/sizes/big
butts.com/sizes/small
butts.com/sizes/badonkadonk

That would work if theres forum software that does it

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

echinopsis posted:

id tried using it as a monitor in the past too. its hosed up

welp listed on nz version of ebay now with $1 reserve :getin:

loading doxxing tools:ovr:

Flat Daddy
Dec 3, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
is SA supposed to have ads that auto-redirect me to 3rd party sites and when i click "CLICK TO RETURN TO YOSPOS" it brings me to boner pills pharmacy

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO
why do like 50% of the ads on teh forums now go to aggro.gator or whatever the gently caress, not that i am a scrub and click ads b/c i am not a gay retard (wlel not gay anyway), but still dang

wolffenstein
Aug 2, 2002

Pork Pro
buy no ads already people

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
adblock jesus

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

echinopsis posted:

adblock jesus

no

i like your avvies

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

i bought no ads but i keep the goon ads on

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players

du -hast posted:

why do like 50% of the ads on teh forums now go to aggro.gator or whatever the gently caress, not that i am a scrub and click ads b/c i am not a gay retard (wlel not gay anyway), but still dang
drew prob. gets a discount on them since he is a front page writer. or maybe that's how he's paid lol

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
drew owns. im personally not much of a fan of the aggrogator stuff, but I'm sure its a good money scheme just like those horrible meme sites that are popular nowadays. he gets a pass because his posts own and most of the internet stuff he does owns

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
who is drew

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Beeftweeter posted:

who is drew

the fark guy obv

goons love him

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

Beeftweeter posted:

who is drew

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZR2bhQCFgGk

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
hes the guy who likes frostys

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

anthonypants posted:

hes the guy who likes frostys

i thought that was stu

Peanut and the Gang
Aug 24, 2009

by exmarx
Drew made M R CRACKER and Toothpaste for dinner and other sillies.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

can someone help me fix my boss's outlook

it would lock up every time she opened it (she has ~86,000 emails / 15gb) so I reformatted / reinstalled os x and clean installed outlook for mac 2011. while rebuilding its pulling down emails like 2-3 at a time and slowly becoming less responsive over time. mail.app has also been pretty unresponsive with the acct and syncing the outbox emails out hours after the fact. the only thing that seems to work correctly is the web app.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

i will buy a forums upgrade of your choice for anyone who can help me resolutely fix this problem

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
delete 14.9gb worth of emails. or maybe theres a way to tell outlook to only grab the last X days of mail instead of all 15gb

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

can someone help me fix my boss's outlook

she needs to learn to let things go. live more in the present, and stop hoarding.

SYSV Fanfic
Sep 9, 2003

by Pragmatica

i will buy a forums upgrade of your choice for anyone who can help me resolutely fix this problem

I would set up a local .pst and move some of her older mail to that. Just make sure to make a backup of it and keep it in a safe place because this takes it off the server.

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

Shaggar posted:

delete 14.9gb worth of emails. or maybe theres a way to tell outlook to only grab the last X days of mail instead of all 15gb

yeah download a bunch of the emails as a .pst or something to keep locally instead of on the server

Maximum Leader
Dec 5, 2014
outlook for windows has an archive thing, idk about second tier macs. im surprised your admins let you keep 15gb on the servers.

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

also save the .pst in something like backblaze or dropbox

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

ya i thought of that, the problem is after PSTing them how does she access those emails easily as a 50 something ceo who cant be bothered with funy computar

SYSV Fanfic
Sep 9, 2003

by Pragmatica

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

also save the .pst in something like backblaze or dropbox

If you have someone at your company with compliance in their job description, this could be a really bad idea.

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

ya i thought of that, the problem is after PSTing them how does she access those emails easily as a 50 something ceo who cant be bothered with funy computar

it just shows up below all the other folders, almost like a different "account"

and let's be honest, how often is she accessing emails from 2002 anyway

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
in lotus notes you would archive the mail to another mail db either on the server or local (don't do it local cause they'll just delete it) so normal mail is fast and then if they really need to get an old email they can deal w/ slow rear end 15gb archive

theres probably something similar for exchange

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

SYSV Fanfic posted:

If you have someone at your company with compliance in their job description, this could be a really bad idea.

well then they would get a chance to do their job, wouldn't they?

SYSV Fanfic
Sep 9, 2003

by Pragmatica

When faced with an expensive upgrade to the mail server versus learning to use a pst, the executives I dealt with learned how to use a pst.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

SYSV Fanfic posted:

I would set up a local .pst and move some of her older mail to that. Just make sure to make a backup of it and keep it in a safe place because this takes it off the server.
if this turns out to be the end state, ur getting the forums upgrade since you mentioned it first. only thing i still need to figure out is how to delete those emails im PSTing off the server so it becomes responsive again

Maximum Leader
Dec 5, 2014
if u use archive i think you can set it to auto delete and also auto run archive everything older than whatever u want to set so it doesnt happen again. otherwise, delete mail and empty trash?

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

ya the prob is that in order for outlook to export the PST it needs to have the entire contents of the mailbox off the server, and im trying to do that on my slightly faster mbp but im guessing after a little bit its going to lock up just like it did on her comp

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

suck my dilz micro$haft

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

i don't know anything about exchange, can you call up the server admins and have them create the pst right on the server, from the server, so it's just moving data around internally?