Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Lemon Curdistan posted:

I'm also completely fine with VAT (other than the fact that it's a regressive tax :v:), but yeah, the customs fees are utter bullshit. In the UK, you also need to pay a handling fee just for having the privilege of paying the customs fee. I mentioned it before, but I orderd £50 of kits from HLJ (P&P included) and got hit with £25 in fees, of which only £11 was VAT.

Oh it doesn't work like that at all here! No here VAT is applied to *everything*. Yes, the thingy you bought, the shipping, the customs fee & the handling fee all are added up and then multiplied by 25% :v:

e: Just noticed:

...intentional naming scheme?

Pimpmust fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Mar 18, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Pimpmust posted:

Oh it doesn't work like that at all here! No here VAT is applied to *everything*. Yes, the thingy you bought, the shipping, the customs fee & the handling fee all are added up and then multiplied by 25% :v:

VAT applies to the product including shipping (because shipping is a service). VAT should not be applying to the customs/handling fees because they haven't had the gall to claim those are services yet, at least not over here. :v:

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Pimpmust posted:

I figure it has to be, especially with the color.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

Pimpmust posted:

i don't get it.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

Uznare posted:

It's untaxed. Don't worry unless you're ordering a literal shipping container via freight.

Yeah you have to be careful when you buy a Neo Zeong.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

muike posted:

i don't get it.

https://translate.google.com/#sv/en/smultron

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
bork bork bork

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Just GIS "Smultron" and you should get plenty of results (unless google is very country specific like that). Börk.

I wanted to pick up some 00 grunts/elite baddies but man there's almost only Gundams and Mr Bushido crap available.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Uznare posted:

It's untaxed. Don't worry unless you're ordering a literal shipping container via freight.

Cool, thanks!

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
I just put the HG00 Astraea type F together and a few years has really made a huge difference in gunpla quality.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Pimpmust posted:

Just GIS "Smultron" and you should get plenty of results (unless google is very country specific like that). Börk.

I wanted to pick up some 00 grunts/elite baddies but man there's almost only Gundams and Mr Bushido crap available.

The Tierens are great, but the FLAG's are kind of floppy due to no polycaps.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

muike posted:

I just put the HG00 Astraea type F together and a few years has really made a huge difference in gunpla quality.

The RG Astraea (either the conversion, or the type-F whole kit) is glorious. I can't recommend it enough.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Yeah it's pretty good but i don't want to fiddle with it, like all RGs. Plus the HG came with more accessories. I need to see if they're compatible.

I also now own all 3 astraea type f kits

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

muike posted:

Yeah it's pretty good but i don't want to fiddle with it, like all RGs. Plus the HG came with more accessories. I need to see if they're compatible.

I also now own all 3 astraea type f kits

I've heard that RG Exia is almost action figure quality in terms of being solid, so RG Astrea shouldn't be fiddly either.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

TaurusOxford posted:

I've heard that RG Exia is almost action figure quality in terms of being solid, so RG Astrea shouldn't be fiddly either.

It really is. My Astraea took a slight tumble (don't mix gunpla and cats) from about 2m onto carpeted floor. Had to dig around to find where the shield had gone, reattach the proto-GN sword, and put the crest back on the head. Now try a fall from the same height with an RG RX-78-2. I dare you.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
It isn't that bad it just has too many moving parts for me.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Speaking of RGs, I just finished RG Mk2.

You wanna talk about solid RGs? This thing is built like a tank. Especially since my last RG was Freedom, whose wings are made of spun sugar. The Mk2 is like, HG-level solid.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
How's the RG Zaku II in terms of solidity?

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

MG DX confirmed as best MG:

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Well poo poo, I guess I'm getting a Bearguy F now.

(That connection is actually for the G-Falcon.)

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Zedd posted:

MG DX confirmed as best MG:

:swoon::swoon::swoon:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

BlitzBlast posted:

Yeah that part I figured out but I am so getting a BearGuy F now.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

BlitzBlast posted:

Well poo poo, I guess I'm getting a Bearguy F now.

Does it work with the old G-Falcon kit?

Or are they making a Master Grade G-Falcon?

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
They announced earlier that MG DX is compatible with the 1/100 G-Falcon, yes. They're even re-releasing the thing as a web exclusive.

...Which I'm still not sure if I should get or not.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Did they ever release the RG Z'Gok in Gunpla Builders colors?

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

BlitzBlast posted:

They announced earlier that MG DX is compatible with the 1/100 G-Falcon, yes. They're even re-releasing the thing as a web exclusive.

Please get it.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

boom boom boom posted:

Did they ever release the RG Z'Gok in Gunpla Builders colors?

"Shoot me"

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

BlitzBlast posted:

You're sure, deep down inside. Admit it.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

It owns. And while we're on the topic, why no MG Hobby Hi-Zack?

Get on the ball, Bandai!

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer
What's Kaoruko Sazaki's favorite pop singer?

Lady R-Gyagya.

Just finished mine up and while I suck at lightbox photography with a potato, it turned out pretty nicely.

Shield borders, thrusters under skirt, at ankles, and in the rear: Alclad chrome over Alclad gloss black base. Shields and all other gold accent parts, save for the upper sword hilt: Alclad pale gold over Alclad gloss black base. I handbrushed Testors Model Masters gloss black enamel over the upper sword hilt, since it's molded as part of the double bladed sword's hilt and handguard. After that I went on with some Mr. Metal Color gold and buffed it up. The Mr. Metal Color had a better luster, but the Alclad looks more like real gold.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

-sounds of weeping and incoherent babbling-

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

What is that thing and why did they make that.

Also where are my third party resin gaia gear suits.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Hi-Mock Zangief on twitter

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

everythingWasBees posted:

What is that thing and why did they make that.

Also where are my third party resin gaia gear suits.

Because it's the loving Penelope, the ultimate evolution of Moriki's design philosophy, and I need it.

You'd think I'd learn after the beautiful trainwreck that was their Xi design but I can't help it, Moriki's designs are my favorite in all of Gundam.

John Carstairs
Nov 18, 2007
Space Detective

This is one of those "should have sent a poet" moments.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Because it's the loving Penelope, the ultimate evolution of Moriki's design philosophy, and I need it.

You'd think I'd learn after the beautiful trainwreck that was their Xi design but I can't help it, Moriki's designs are my favorite in all of Gundam.

gently caress me backwards. I thought Mechanicore's Xi was ludicrous enough.

I need Model Comprehend to hurry up and release their Penelope now; Mechanicore is well outside of my price range and I want to have my Xi and Penelope be to scale with one another. Unfortunately, all I've seen of it is a prototype shot back in September.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

DigitalRaven posted:

gently caress me backwards. I thought Mechanicore's Xi was ludicrous enough.

I need Model Comprehend to hurry up and release their Penelope now; Mechanicore is well outside of my price range and I want to have my Xi and Penelope be to scale with one another. Unfortunately, all I've seen of it is a prototype shot back in September.

Mechanicore is actually pretty cheap for what you get, which is nice. Their Xi is almost as big as my 1/60 kits, and has nearly double the partscount because they shove detail in everywhere. Even in places you later cover up, it has you slapping photoetched decals and chromed detail parts.

That said though, even I have a limit, and it's this. 3.2 feet long, and costs as much as a Neo Zeong. I can't even approach having that much cash even for the Deep Striker.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Mechanicore is actually pretty cheap for what you get, which is nice. Their Xi is almost as big as my 1/60 kits, and has nearly double the partscount because they shove detail in everywhere. Even in places you later cover up, it has you slapping photoetched decals and chromed detail parts.

That said though, even I have a limit, and it's this. 3.2 feet long, and costs as much as a Neo Zeong. I can't even approach having that much cash even for the Deep Striker.

My flat's the size of a shoebox; I honestly don't have the space for anything the size of those. Don't get me wrong, I'd love a Mechanicore Xi/Penelope, but it ain't going to happen unless I win a lottery I don't play to get a bigger place.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
So out of curiosity, is there any way to get any of the P-Bandai exclusive stuff in Europe? I imagine there are some retailers who will resell them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Lemon Curdistan posted:

So out of curiosity, is there any way to get any of the P-Bandai exclusive stuff in Europe? I imagine there are some retailers who will resell them.

For what it's worth, one of my local stores in Australia gets in some of the webshop stuff. Last time I visited they even had the Seraph Feathers for the RG Wing Custom, so its not impossible to get.