Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
With how often Akira forgets details about his own comic, I wonder if Battle of the Gods 3 will be the return of Kid Buu (I kid, of course).

A new villain would be cool, I agree. I'd like it if they get beat by someone who isn't Goku (maybe Gohan? Come on, he isn't useless!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Cell and Freeza teaming up always seemed like a silly idea because, in Dragonball, being significantly strong means that numbers of weaker foes don't actually matter at all, and Cell is just Freeza but better. You can fight Cell and Freeza at the same time or just Cell and the two fights are basically the same difficultly.

I mean, Ressurection F shows that Freeza can go even further beyond, but whatever. Maybe Cell could too, though I don't see them retreading that ground for at least another 4 or 5 years.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

There're actually a lot of changes, especially if you look at them side by side. Lack of purple on shoulders, body is two-toned instead of just white, looks like his waist and shoulders don't smoothly transition into his torso, massive brow ridge, lower legs and forearms are different. It's definitely way more than a palette swap.

Edit: really should've reloaded the page before I posted

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

That Cell/Freeza team up didn't matter, since Cell didn't have any of his abilities or personality, nor Freeza his, and they were just two dudes who could have been anyone fighting against a tiny, untransformed Goku. GT!

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.
GT is the timeline where Beerus got his pudding and went to sleep. No Super Saiyan God or anything.

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

StrifeHira posted:

GT is the timeline where Beerus got his pudding and went to sleep. No Super Saiyan God or anything.

Dr slump as stated is another, 3 others are probably the bad broken Future Trunks timelines. Movies cover the others?

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty
If Luffy is Pirate Goku, Arale is Robot Goku. I was watching back to back Dr. Slump and Dragonball. They even run the same way.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Bacontotem posted:

Dr slump as stated is another, 3 others are probably the bad broken Future Trunks timelines. Movies cover the others?

Timelines are different then universes. All the alternate reality stuff (movies, GT, etc.) are separate time lines in the 7th universe. At least that's my take on the thing.

Esroc
May 31, 2010

Goku would be ashamed of you.

Bacontotem posted:

In Dragonball there are 12 universes, only one of which we know anything about. However, it is unlikely they are parallel universes. In other words, Goku's universe is probably intended by Toriyama to be the only universe that contains the characters of DBZ. The other 11 are likely populated by entirely different people.

But each universe can be further broken down into alternate timelines of itself. And these alternate timelines can also be nested within other alternate timelines. Thus the movies, games, GT, Kai, the Manga, and the original show are all alternate timelines nested within each other spread out across all of time. But only within that universe.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
I still like the idea that after Cell arrives in HFIL, King Cold finds out that Cell was made using his and Frieza's DNA, he decides to treat Cell as part of the family, eventually leading to a custody battle with Dr Gero over Cell

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

With the rumor that the red guy who beats up Piccolo is also from hell, I kind of hope that the last shot in the movie Cell just casually strolls past in the background without anyone noticing.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

drrockso20 posted:

I still like the idea that after Cell arrives in HFIL, King Cold finds out that Cell was made using his and Frieza's DNA, he decides to treat Cell as part of the family, eventually leading to a custody battle with Dr Gero over Cell

If wrestling has taught me anything, it's that all custody disputes should be settled with ladder matches.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

Xibanya posted:

If Luffy is Pirate Goku, Arale is Robot Goku. I was watching back to back Dr. Slump and Dragonball. They even run the same way.

Arale came first. Therefore Goku is monkey boy Arale. :colbert:

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

Rhonne posted:

If wrestling has taught me anything, it's that all custody disputes should be settled with ladder matches.

Cell is the master of 1,001 Holds.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Rhonne posted:

That's very true

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

Prison Warden posted:

Maybe Cell could too, though I don't see them retreading that ground for at least another 4 or 5 years.

Cell got the ol' Saiyan DNA so theoretically he's got the same potential as Goku or Vegeta if subjected to the same training

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

FeedingHam2Cats posted:

Cell got the ol' Saiyan DNA so theoretically he's got the same potential as Goku or Vegeta if subjected to the same training

You know considering he's got Saiyan genetics, would anything happen to Cell if he saw a Full Moon?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

He turns into an even fatter Fat Cell.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

FeedingHam2Cats posted:

Super Saiyan God Cell.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

drrockso20 posted:

You know considering he's got Saiyan genetics, would anything happen to Cell if he saw a Full Moon?

he'd need a Saiyan Tail, which he doesn't have.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Stallion Cabana posted:

he'd need a Saiyan Tail, which he doesn't have.

That we know of. That useless nub he has could double as a blux wave receiver.

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

Kild posted:

Super Saiyan God Cell.

He's even demonstrated the ability to create 5 more pure(evil)hearted "saiyans" to induce the transformation. :aaa:

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

Rudoku posted:

That we know of. That useless nub he has could double as a blux wave receiver.

I feel like it doesn't, because he doesn't display the racial Saiyan tendency of suffering weakness when his tail is grabbed. While Vegeta trained it out of himself, it's still a racial proclivity and a trait; he didn't change his genes by training his tail. It indicates his tail isn't a Saiyan tail, but more akin to Frezia's.

I would imagine if he grew an actual Saiyan tail it would be brown and furry and probably be under his former tail.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Cell: Now do you understand? With this Blutz Wave generator, I can ascend to a level even you haven't reached... I can become the most perfect lifeform in the universe!!!

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Zonekeeper posted:

He's even demonstrated the ability to create 5 more pure(evil)hearted "saiyans" to induce the transformation. :aaa:

I don't know if Cell can be argued to be pure evil. He really seemed more concerned with getting a good fight out of Goku than actually destroying the earth up until he got his ego-bruised by Gohan. He's basically a more pro-active Vegeta(Who when you think about it has killed far more people than Cell ever did).

Also there's the whole issue of why Gero/his computer decided to mentally program the supposed unstoppable ultimate being with a proclivity to kill everything in the universe.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
What, did they play the scene where Trunks goes SSJ in its entirety or something?

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

gently caress trophy 2k15 posted:

I don't know if Cell can be argued to be pure evil. He really seemed more concerned with getting a good fight out of Goku than actually destroying the earth up until he got his ego-bruised by Gohan. He's basically a more pro-active Vegeta(Who when you think about it has killed far more people than Cell ever did).

He was also kinda concerned when everyone thought Goku was going to Kamehameha the Earth

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That was probably just shock because he thought Goku would never actually go that far.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Rhonne posted:

If Cell gets fed up with Gero and Cold mucking about and just eats them, would the fight continue at Hell in a Cell?

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

The Bee posted:

If Cell gets fed up with Gero and Cold mucking about and just eats them, would the fight continue at Hell in a Cell?

Cell in a Hell.

Duh.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

gently caress trophy 2k15 posted:

Also there's the whole issue of why Gero/his computer decided to mentally program the supposed unstoppable ultimate being with a proclivity to kill everything in the universe.

I think the idea is supposed to be similar to what happened to Androids 17 and 18 in the other timeline, where after their purpose in life (killing Goku) was fulfilled they went completely off the rails.

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

Raserys posted:

Cell: Now do you understand? With this Blutz Wave generator, I can ascend to a level even you haven't reached... I can become the most perfect lifeform in the universe!!!

What is that.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Squallege posted:

He was also kinda concerned when everyone thought Goku was going to Kamehameha the Earth

Well what's the point in being Perfect if there's nobody else to lord over about it?

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

BattleCattle posted:

What is that.

The "Google this image" add-on comes in quite handy in these situations, as an fyi.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kiwa_hirsuta

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

Since Cell has Namekian genetics in him, could he make his own set of Dragonballs?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Dragonball Heroes seems to have a whole bunch of cool stuff in it, like adult Gotenks, and SSJ4 Broly and the like...is there a better way than low quality YouTube videos to watch all the cutscenes from Heroes? Any fully up to date compilations?

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Since he killed two different versions of Future Trunks, is Cell the only villain to kill the same named character twice?

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

TaurusTorus posted:

Since Cell has Namekian genetics in him, could he make his own set of Dragonballs?

Only a specific clan trained in specific mystical arts can do it. Piccalo might count for that, but he's the reincarnation of the split off evil side of a Namekian, so who knows. Even if he theoretically could he'd need to learn how first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Darko posted:

That Cell/Freeza team up didn't matter, since Cell didn't have any of his abilities or personality, nor Freeza his, and they were just two dudes who could have been anyone fighting against a tiny, untransformed Goku. GT!

Cell did eat Goku with his tail at one point, which I don't think he'd be able to do in canon, but hey that's interest - oh, Goku just crawled back out, nevermind.

• Locked thread