Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Hexel posted:

The Delve counterattack needs to happen :colbert:

adversity is r Reavers are recruiting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

ullerrm posted:

How do you recruit for a nonexistent sig?

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Thunder Moose posted:

Indeed yes, burn Darkness/Kadeshi to the ground and let the space rot.

Deadzone their capital systems and just sit back and watch the realization dawn on N3 pets that they are not, in fact: on equal footing with the CFC.

Well I can dream.

We didn't really want that space the first time we accidentally steamrolled through on momentum. Why bother when Delve Querious/whatever when it will probably be undefendable from our homeland come fozziesov? I do like the idea of leaving it fallow so all the would be highsec/lowsec sov warriors decide to take a crack at it and then we can just go down there whenever to piss in their cheerios. Kind of like what PL has done to Catch except hopefully with more pubbie shrieking when they realise that new sov it may be, but it's still the old faces who dictate whether you get to participate or not.

Carth Dookie fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Mar 19, 2015

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Mother of god -- Brave has progressed to "freed from the shackles of sov warfare."

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bravenewbies/comments/2zgzmi/hero_gaining_freedom_and_independence/

Mexplosivo
Mar 8, 2007

The monetary system is not ratified by society yet it shapes and dictates our entire existence...

ullerrm posted:

Mother of god -- Brave has progressed to "freed from the shackles of sov warfare."

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bravenewbies/comments/2zgzmi/hero_gaining_freedom_and_independence/

quote:

We fight on our terms from now on, and every bloc better realize that pissing off people with nothing left to lose was a bad idea.

CFC is sooo screwed. Anyone who has anything to lose really.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

ullerrm posted:

Heh, we spent the last year attacking with the squad that doesn't exist, and it turns out that fozzie is killing their main target.

Though I'm kinda scared of the idea of turning supercarriers into yet more booster ships. I'd rather take the ecm burst ability and extend that -- how about a "web burst" or something? Effects that makes allies better stack too well already.

ullerrm posted:

Yesterday I was reading Mittani's old article from tentonhammer about failure cascades, and it's kinda amazing how it needs practically zero updates to be current. And the poor saps in brave don't recognize it because big failures happen so rarely these days. Newbies are seeing it for the first time.

Every alliance is different, but they all fail the same.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

ullerrm posted:

M-may-maybe he's being ironic? :shepface:

pugnax
Oct 10, 2012

Specialization is for insects.

Klyith posted:

Though I'm kinda scared of the idea of turning supercarriers into yet more booster ships. I'd rather take the ecm burst ability and extend that -- how about a "web burst" or something? Effects that makes allies better stack too well already.

I'm inclined to think this is what fozzie meant. He said 'force multipliers' not boosting ships. I'd love to see them get some weird AoE ewar utility.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

ullerrm posted:

well this is certainly increasing the diversity in sov null

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ullerrm posted:

W-Rush is a special kinda of guy. Emphasis on "special."

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

poo poo I almost missed my opportunity

whew just in time

Do we have bingo yet?

SkyEnzo
Mar 8, 2015

No time for the old in-out, love, I've just come to read the meter.

Must have been a lot of skill books.

mikey
Sep 22, 2002

AAAAAAAAA

~~AAAAAAAAAAAAAA~~
Ahaha, I don't check this thread for 2 days and in that time Brave goes from status quo to full-on failure cascade after one station timer? Amazing.

ullerrm posted:

This has to be some kind of speed record for failure cascades. It's like they're trying to one-up TEST.

It's not like everyone couldn't see this coming for more than a year (a lot of people in this thread were predicting it from the moment Brave left Barleguet), but the rapidity with which it's progressed is still impressive.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

This is all I've seen so far. I'm really pulling for a massive JF heist for that sicknasty G-column

E: oh poo poo member donations would get me double bingo :sun:

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

mikey posted:

Ahaha, I don't check this thread for 2 days and in that time Brave goes from status quo to full-on failure cascade after one station timer? Amazing.

To be fair, the failure cascade was inevitable once Lychton kicked out Apathy LLC in a drunken rage... and that technically happened before the station timer.

ChickenWing posted:

This is all I've seen so far. I'm really pulling for a massive JF heist for that sicknasty G-column

X for inconsistent leadership
X for newbie FCs coordinating defense (because they have kicked every FC except blueice, and he's not in the same TZ as most of PL)

You maybe able to do "allies dissolve" -- at one point there some blurf/troll about HONOR merging into TEST. I assumed that it was a troll, but if that idiocy is real, then heh.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

I fear this war may be over before we get a War Update from Dear Leader, or a Good Post from Endie. We welped a Titan already, dammit: we deserve an Endie post in return!

Edit: Nevermind! I'm an idiot and just missed the Endie post. :sparkles:

Ynglaur fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Mar 19, 2015

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

ullerrm posted:

To be fair, the failure cascade was inevitable once Lychton kicked out Apathy LLC in a drunken rage... and that technically happened before the station timer.

X for newbie FCs coordinating defense (because they have kicked every FC except blueice, and he's not in the same TZ as most of PL)

You maybe able to do "allies dissolve" -- at one point there some blurf/troll about HONOR merging into TEST. I assumed that it was a troll, but if that idiocy is real, then heh.

Wusti assures me it's a real merge, and he pays attention to what happens in our alliance more than I do... or he's trollin'

mikey
Sep 22, 2002

AAAAAAAAA

~~AAAAAAAAAAAAAA~~

Ynglaur posted:

I fear this war may be over before we get a War Update from Dear Leader, or a Good Post from Endie. We welped a Titan already, dammit: we deserve an Endie post in return!
Sacrificial titan was too effective. The blood gods were already quite satiated from the goings-on in Catch, so it didn't take much to tip the scales.

Jemere
Jul 21, 2014

ullerrm posted:

It looks like Apathy were the latest poachcorp (ISRAD, Hoover, various other incarnations) and were planning on awoxing their way out, so I think most alliances would :commissar: them under the circumstances.
Honor is merging into TEST because Securitas is afk leadership personified, dude is at med school or something.

I know HERO has an autz fc left because Endie wants to steal him.

Their leadership is riddled with N3friends and Goonfriends though, so who knows what'll emerge. To their credit they've avoided the back-to-back 300b isk thefts TEST dealt with (so far).

Jemere fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Mar 19, 2015

smertrioslol
Apr 4, 2010
I started playing again. And it looks like everyone cool is in hole squad, so I'll be in a wormhole for awhile.

Wyatt Derp
Jul 9, 2014

Blue Lives matter
Seems that since joining KF I am now a sonofabitch. Old friends think I'm a dickhead and a traitor... I guess they are afflicted with that grr goons malady more than I assumed. Looks like I made the right choice! Maybe once I get some ships I'll join a reaver fleet and pester them and really become a sonofabitch!

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Ms Andry posted:

Seems that since joining KF I am now a sonofabitch. Old friends think I'm a dickhead and a traitor... I guess they are afflicted with that grr goons malady more than I assumed. Looks like I made the right choice! Maybe once I get some ships I'll join a reaver fleet and pester them and really become a sonofabitch!

grass is definitely greener on this side.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Ms Andry posted:

Take names and quotes of their grr gons at you so you can paste them in response to their karmafleet intro posts on gf.com in like a week.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Jemere posted:

It looks like Apathy were the latest poachcorp (ISRAD, Hoover, various other incarnations) and were planning on awoxing their way out, so I think most alliances would :commissar: them under the circumstances.
Honor is merging into TEST because Securitas is afk leadership personified, dude is at med school or something.

I know HERO has an autz fc left because Endie wants to steal him.

Their leadership is riddled with N3friends and Goonfriends though, so who knows what'll emerge. To their credit they've avoided the back-to-back 300b isk thefts TEST dealt with (so far).

The only source of their "indesputable" proof that Apathy were going to awox and steal their way into PL comes from Lychton.

Kirs
Dec 5, 2014

Apart from drinking, there is absolutely nothing to do here.
I would love to see how will Gevlon DC BRAVE. And will tell everyone how dangerous this "strong and independent" alliance is to CFC. Because they got nothing to lose. :jerkbag:

Kirs fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Mar 19, 2015

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Ms Andry posted:

Nearly every single acquaintance I had in Eve before joining Glorious Waffe turned on me for the same reason. I would have people approach me in conversation and go "You know Goons just want to destroy all of Eve right? After they're done there won't be an Eve left for us to play"

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

:patriot:

Zephyrine posted:

Nearly every single acquaintance I had in Eve before joining Glorious Waffe turned on me for the same reason. I would have people approach me in conversation and go "You know Goons just want to destroy all of Eve right? After they're done there won't be an Eve left for us to play"

Garythe and Hellmuth? (Hellmouth?)

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

AdorableStar posted:

Garythe and Hellmuth? (Hellmouth?)

Pretty much the entire couch chat. Especially when NC and Nulli pings because that's when they actually log in.

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

:patriot:

Zephyrine posted:

Pretty much the entire couch chat. Especially when NC and Nulli pings because that's when they actually log in.

Lots of people in the couch chat are orange, some are blue, and most I haven't even heard of.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

AdorableStar posted:

Lots of people in the couch chat are orange, some are blue, and most I haven't even heard of.

I haven't seen a blue in there since Jack left CO2. And the few neuts are nearly all BL.

Edit: Wait, Tauron is a blue now but I think he's the only one.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
http://bc.ctvnews.ca/former-addict-says-video-games-consumed-my-life-1.2287139

"I was a god among men" - Former "Video Game Addict", who played 64 hours a week, talking about his time in EVE.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Mar 19, 2015

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!

Unfunny Poster posted:

http://bc.ctvnews.ca/former-addict-says-video-games-consumed-my-life-1.2287139

"I was a god among men" - Former "Video Game Addict", who played 64 hours a week, talking about his time in EVE.

So he's a quitter, huh?

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

CainFortea posted:

The only source of their "indesputable" proof that Apathy were going to awox and steal their way into PL comes from Lychton.

Brave dumped a log set from within apathy, it seems pretty confirmed that he was telling the truth. The one guy wanted to take over brave, and some of them had a backstab & PL switch on the table. Those guys got accepted into PL pretty much immediately after they got kicked, seems to indicate that some communication had taken place.

Of course, this is why Mittani, CD, and plenty of other people have been yelling at Brave for the past year and a half that their leadership structure is bad and extremely vulnerable to pressure. In a space democracy with an elected council, if the dude stands up and says "I'm in charge now" and the council had supported him, is it a coup or a democratic transfer of power?

Klyith fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Mar 19, 2015

Mitsuo
Jul 4, 2007
What does this box do?
"No less than EIGHT democratic transfers of power."

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

Zephyrine posted:

At which point you rub your hands and utter a quiet, evil laugh.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
Just as a remainder, in less then an hour starts the opening keynote for fanfest. So if you have time, you should drop by in CCP's twitch channel. The HD this year is free, after all!

Jon Von Anchovi
Sep 5, 2014

:australia:

Libluini posted:

Just as a remainder, in less then an hour starts the opening keynote for fanfest. So if you have time, you should drop by in CCP's twitch channel. The HD this year is free, after all!

Hilmar just said 5.5 hours till keynote?

RattiRatto
Jun 26, 2014

:gary: :I'd like to borrow $200M
:whatfor:
:gary: :To make vidya game
BRAVE joining KF.
Is this a real thing? Or just random stuff out of the brown sea?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
A guy has a meltdown over PL destroying stuff while he's trying to evac out of GE-

https://soundcloud.com/mysteryman1488/bannedforirlthreats

Edit - There was also apparently a player from BRAVE who got banned for talking about how he'd go and attack someone from PL in real life over the timers we've been causing.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bravenewbies/comments/2zkhsi/psa_pl_rl_threats_and_you/

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 12:42 on Mar 19, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Unfunny Poster posted:

A guy has a meltdown over PL destroying stuff while he's trying to evac out of GE-

https://soundcloud.com/mysteryman1488/bannedforirlthreats

Edit - There was also apparently a player from BRAVE who got banned for talking about how he'd go and attack someone from PL in real life over the timers we've been causing.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bravenewbies/comments/2zkhsi/psa_pl_rl_threats_and_you/

That dude gets mad pussy.

• Locked thread