Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

jsoh posted:

nobody but allison knows that patrick was menace

I figure that plot will ensue, somehow, eventually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
He's really not doing a very good job of hiding it, to be honest.

EDIT: he probably immediately promotes everyone who suspects him of being menace. "Alright no he CAN'T be menace, he would've realized I suspected him and gotten rid of me, not promoted me."

frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

I went some place mum and everyday I woke up in that place and told myself I'm alive and I was.
Considering he can't turn his telepathy off he might be using the dreams as a dampner so he can get some rest.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Or maybe that's the way he has a good time, hire some people to take some drugs and pass out he pours himself a drink and get's entertained by their dreams.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Any excuse for a slumber party, I say.

:pcgaming: :catdrugs:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Sleepovers yaaaay

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

New Strip!

Well, that's that.

I have to wonder about Patrick's ability to not only read a mind, but comprehend what he sees there, to gain a person's deep understanding and analysis of a subject matter. Being able to correlate these minds would imply that.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
well, that's sure a thing he's aiming to try there.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
He read Alison's mind to use the exact same words Paladin said.

Patrick may not be a supervillain anymore, but he's still kind of a dick.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
I didn't catch that until you mentioned it, Patrick kind of breaks the fourth wall huh. His character knows everything the readers do and can make references to stuff he wasn't part of.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
I wonder what kind of damages and penalties the RIAA of academia would pursue for the illegal copying of 5 top-tier scientific careers.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Does he have the ability to retain all of the disciplines he's learned, then?

I wonder if he can nab Paladin's skills? I assume he can't steal her biodynamic inventiveness but he'd still be able to become her peer at existing technology.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

I totally would, if I could

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Anyone have a torrent for Hedy Lamarr?

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
To be honest I was hoping we would be done with these info dumps and move on with the infinitely more interesting plot...

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I think the Feral arc was where the comic peaked.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I had a thought while Alison was still hanging around Paladin. With all the exposition and philosophical lecturing, I wondered if the slasher subplot would be resolved without Alison, to make some point about how Mega Girl isn't going to solve all the world's problems.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

It's not like he's stealing or anything, they're on his payroll.

Probably they didn't take that bit in their contract about their intellectual property seriously.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

SlothfulCobra posted:

It's not like he's stealing or anything, they're on his payroll.

Probably they didn't take that bit in their contract about their intellectual property seriously.

Proving once again that lawyers are the true villains of SFP.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
So Patrick's basically not human and is completely terrifying.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
By his own admission and yes.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
A lot like Allison in that respect. He's just come to the conclusion faster.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
As the Patrick hivemind grows ever more complex he becomes a true Menace, traveling back in time to nip the world-saving powers in the bud.

:q:

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

reignonyourparade posted:

By his own admission and yes.

At least he's self aware and honest enough to realize that his experience is wholly alien to that of any other human being.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

That'd be too easy I suppose or maybe Patrick doesn't really disagree with what she's doing.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
I liked today's comic. She should have said she'd go back to when everyone first got powers and shoot him in the head.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

:fuckoff: "What am I thinking now, Patrick."

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

Killing Hitler means at least marginally improving the course of history (unless you're Stephen Fry) while still leaving you with a recognizable world. Okay, maybe Hitlerless world leads to the KPD winning in 1933 and then something something Stalin takes over Europe, but the general shape of things will still be intact. Whereas if you go back to the Library of Alexandria, you're changing things so early on that the world made out of that is absolutely alien and you have no idea if saving that repository of knowledge actually helped mankind or just enabled the Quth Empire to take over the world in 833 AD, or if the continuation of old Hellenistic intellectualism just prevents the Renaissance from occurring at all, and then there's also no scientific revolution and people still just fight with pikes or whatever.

What I'm saying is, kill Hitler. Always kill Hitler.

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010
Someone should write a novel where someone goes back in time to kill Hitler, only to find out that ever assassination attempt ever on Hitler was just another time traveler who failed.

The plot twist?

The character calls himself von Stauffenberg

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
I don't know that Patrick agrees with what she's doing, but I think his point here is that Alison gave this kind of poo poo up so she could try to save the world. Hunting down Moonshadow in the classic superhero/supervillain way is basically backsliding into old habits that aren't necessarily effective. (Solve the problem by killing the bad guy, solve the problem that has victims whose faces you can see.)

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

ArchangeI posted:

Someone should write a novel where someone goes back in time to kill Hitler, only to find out that ever assassination attempt ever on Hitler was just another time traveler who failed.

The plot twist?

There's actually a plot a bit like this going on in Fred Van Lente's Ivar, Timewalker series from Valiant right now. The title character goes back to WWII to prove a point about time travel to his sidekick and at one point, the sidekick finds an entire roomful of people who are time-traveling assassins.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Of course killing Hitler's the obvious response. It's like the bungee-jumping of the the time-travel bucket list. You've got to try it at least once.

Axiem
Oct 19, 2005

I want to leave my mind blank, but I'm terrified of what will happen if I do
Guys, we've gone way off-topic. This discussion belongs in a thread about mid-1900s Germany.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

ArchangeI posted:

The plot twist?

Wanderer posted:

There's actually a plot a bit like this going on in Fred Van Lente's Ivar, Timewalker series from Valiant right now. The title character goes back to WWII to prove a point about time travel to his sidekick and at one point, the sidekick finds an entire roomful of people who are time-traveling assassins.

This is also, basically, the plot of a Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal comic and a one-off issue of Deadpool.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Dancing trilobites will be the end of us all.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

The Modern Leper posted:

This is also, basically, the plot of a Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal comic

One of my favorite ones, incidentally.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Ofaloaf posted:

Killing Hitler means at least marginally improving the course of history (unless you're Stephen Fry) while still leaving you with a recognizable world. Okay, maybe Hitlerless world leads to the KPD winning in 1933 and then something something Stalin takes over Europe, but the general shape of things will still be intact. Whereas if you go back to the Library of Alexandria, you're changing things so early on that the world made out of that is absolutely alien and you have no idea if saving that repository of knowledge actually helped mankind or just enabled the Quth Empire to take over the world in 833 AD, or if the continuation of old Hellenistic intellectualism just prevents the Renaissance from occurring at all, and then there's also no scientific revolution and people still just fight with pikes or whatever.

What I'm saying is, kill Hitler. Always kill Hitler.

I just realized the idea of fundamentally changing the world to the point of it being completely alien to our eyes but possibly better overall actually fits with what we know about Patrick's actions and the guiding ideas behind them pretty well actually.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

DarklyDreaming posted:

I just realized the idea of fundamentally changing the world to the point of it being completely alien to our eyes but possibly better overall actually fits with what we know about Patrick's actions and the guiding ideas behind them pretty well actually.

I tried to follow his line of reasoning to put a single face to Western exploitation of other continents for the express purpose of chattel slavery, and my offhand answer was "kill Christopher Columbus", so I guess he's got a point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I mean if I were to get a time machine and determined to change the timeline to better humanity I'd admit I don't know anywhere near enough and employ a large team of historians.

• Locked thread