Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Good to see Lazarus is against CSG, but does he really need a petition when he can just move a motion? https://www.change.org/p/the-abbott...urated_trending

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

:sympathy:

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

Splode posted:

I decide to check the DnD thread, skip to the last post, and it's you having a moan about me behind my back.

Yeah I'm the fuckwit :thumbsup:

Yeah like you've never had a whinge about me in the chat thread. Get your hand off it.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

:toot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qa102Gb-AI8

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...
http://www.smh.com.au/federal-polit...318-1m23mx.html

quote:

Independent senator Glenn Lazarus is demanding Tony Abbott apologise for describing the Senate as "feral" and warned the Prime Minister's comments may hamper negotiations on future legislation.

In a fiery exchange during the Senate question time, Attorney-General George Brandis suggested the Senate was overreaching in its role, behaving like a "House of Refusal" instead of a "House of Review".

Mr Abbott made the "feral" remark in the Coalition party room on Tuesday, telling MPs the government was dealing with a "feral" Senate when it came to passing budget measures.

Glenn Lazarus has described Tony Abbott's "feral" comment as "appalling" and "disrespectful".
Glenn Lazarus has described Tony Abbott's "feral" comment as "appalling" and "disrespectful". Photo: Andrew Meares
"Did the Prime Minister have any senator in mind when he referred to the Senate crossbench as "feral" and is the Prime Minister going to apologise to each and every one of us for such an appalling and disrespectful statement?" Senator Lazarus asked.

Advertisement

Senator Brandis replied: "The Prime Minister certainly didn't say that about the crossbench…and it may be that the Prime minister had some senators in mind Senator Lazarus, but if he did it wasn't you.

"I suggest you look to your right and to your immediate left if you want a clue as to who the Prime Minister [might have been referring to]."

Senator Lazaurus sits between Labor's Lisa Singh and Greens senator Rachel Siewert in the upper house chamber.

Greens Leader Christine Milne leapt to her feet, demanding the Attorney-General withdraw the remark arguing it could be taken to refer to Senator Siewert.

"I would be horrified to think that she would be referred to as feral and I would ask the Attorney-General to withdraw it," Senator Milne demanded.

Senate President Stephen Parry refused to grant Senator Milne a point of order. At this point Labor's leader in the Senate Penny Wong pointed out to the President that Senator Milne had been seeking a retraction and not a point of order.

"Can you just clarify, what did you want to have withdrawn Senator Milne?" President Parry asked after complaining of poor hearing due to noise in the chamber.

"That I'm feral," interjected Senator Siewert.

"Was it actually me that Senator Brandis then was referring to as feral?" Senator Singh asked.

Senator Brandis told Senator Lazarus that while the government respects the senators personally as well as their constitutional positions the government was frustrated with their obstruction.

"The Senate, Senator Lazarus should be a Chamber of Review, a House of Review not a House of Refusal," the Attorney-General said.

"Yet time and time again at the insistence of the Labor Party and the Greens to which I'm sorry to say, the crossbench Senators on occasions have joined, have blocked important legislation," he said.

The Attorney-General cited Tuesday night's failure to pass the higher education legislation which would have uncapped university fees, and said the senators had dealt a terrible setback to the sector.

Crossbenchers rejected the legislation for a second time fearing the policy would send the cost of degrees skyrocketing.

Senator Lazarus also asked whether "such language" would be "helpful" when it comes to future positive negotiations with the Senate crossbench.

The comment has left other crossbenchers unimpressed.

Fellow Palmer United Party defector Jacqui Lambie said she found the comment "disturbing" and "disrespectful". Senator Lambie has previously described the Prime Minister as a "psychopath".

When asked for comment, Independent Senator Nick Xenophon said "I think the PM's being completely unfair - in all my dealings with Cory Bernardi he's been an absolute gentleman."

The video is really something else. Just watch it, it's insane. This is why the government can't get legislation passed, they are idiots and trying to say 'That's not what he meant' isn't fooling anyone.

Magog
Jan 9, 2010

Mithranderp posted:

people even like his eccentricities, but Gina is never anything but a landwhale ha ha loving ha.

To be fair Gina doesn't erect giant dinosaur statues or plan a new Titanic, her eccentricities are just awful.

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

When asked for comment, Independent Senator Nick Xenophon said "I think the PM's being completely unfair - in all my dealings with Cory Bernardi he's been an absolute gentleman."

:wth:

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

The funniest part is that we actually need to have a discussion on why it's just not cricket to criticise a woman for her appearance.

Gina is a poor-hating scumbag capitalist.

Her appearance is literally immaterial to this.

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Pack of grubs, the lot of them.

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Endman posted:

The funniest part is that we actually need to have a discussion on why it's just not cricket to criticise a woman for her appearance.

She's greedy and gluttonous, hence the fat joke.

Endman
May 18, 2010

ScreamingLlama posted:

Yeah, sure. That's the reason. No way that could be interpreted as a slight against her appearance. No, sir.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Jonah Galtberg posted:

"I think the PM's being completely unfair - in all my dealings with Cory Bernardi he's been an absolute gentleman."

- a straight white man

MysticalMachineGun fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Mar 19, 2015

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Endman posted:

Yeah, sure. That's the reason. No way that could be interpreted as a slight against her appearance. No, sir.

If I wanted to slight her appearance, I'd call her a ugly, prune-faced scraggly-haired hag and ask how many muumuus she has in her wardrobe. But no, she's Gina the Hutt because I'm using fatness as a metaphor for greed.

Endman
May 18, 2010

ScreamingLlama posted:

If I wanted to slight her appearance, I'd call her a ugly, prune-faced scraggly-haired hag. But no, she's Gina the Hutt because fatness as a metaphor for greed.

You're a class act.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

stop posting

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
vote democrats

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Aw shucks, the Dem is getting flack.

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
question: who is the most handsome and beautiful multi-billionaire crazy person???

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

Robodog posted:

question: who is the most handsome and beautiful multi-billionaire crazy person???

Me.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Rinehart, Palmer, Tinkler... is there a pattern here? Twiggy Forrest doesn't seem too big for a shitlord, so maybe not.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
I would be ok with using enormous girth as a metaphor for greed and gluttony (because in historical terms, being fat was directly corrolated with being a huge fatty fat fat) but no one wants to make fun of the fact Clive has 15 chins with me so I guess it gets reduced to regrettable sexist commentary

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

Birdstrike posted:

Rinehart, Palmer, Tinkler... is there a pattern here? Twiggy Forrest doesn't seem too big for a shitlord, so maybe not.

Go back a few pages lol

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

hiddenmovement posted:

Go back a few pages lol

Re: Twiggy, is it possible to be an enormous shitlord without actually being an enormous shitlord?

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

hiddenmovement posted:

I would be ok with using enormous girth as a metaphor for greed and gluttony (because in historical terms, being fat was directly corrolated with being a huge fatty fat fat) but no one wants to make fun of the fact Clive has 15 chins with me so I guess it gets reduced to regrettable sexist commentary

He's got more chins than a Chinese telephone directory.

No?

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

The joke was a bit too subtle for you I see

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Endman posted:

This. Really, just this.

I'm a loving horrible shitposter and even I can see that calling out someone as poo poo as Gina Rinehart for her appearance is just stupid and totally unrelated to her repressive and regressive views.

All of the below are horrible posts, and that's coming from me. Notably most of them come from Democrack guy, but a few others here. Read Endman and hooman's posts, because they're great examples of how not to be a dickbag on this matter.

ScreamingLlama posted:

He's got more chins than a Chinese telephone directory.

No?

hiddenmovement posted:

ScreamingLlama posted:

If I wanted to slight her appearance, I'd call her a ugly, prune-faced scraggly-haired hag and ask how many muumuus she has in her wardrobe. But no, she's Gina the Hutt because I'm using fatness as a metaphor for greed.

ScreamingLlama posted:

SynthOrange posted:

If she didnt want to be criticized for being a fat sack of poo poo maybe she should stop digging ore out of the ground and devouring it.

For loving shame.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Abbott bad.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

It's fine to call them fat cats as long as they're not actually fat.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
loving hell :cripes:

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?

Shadeoses posted:

Abbott bald.

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

quarter circle forward punch
rip
Where's Raptorfag

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

We are only allowed to poke fun at public figures for ideologically correct reasons, ty ty

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
in this thread political correctness truly has gone mad

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
What a great OP this thread has.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Endman posted:

shes a big fat billionaire pos and her grotesque tonnage reflects the greed in her heart

Mattjpwns
Dec 14, 2006

In joyful strains then let us sing
ADVANCE AUSTRALIA FUCKED
can we go back to talking how the ALP needs to be burned to the ground for being a bunch of pathetic spineless hacks?

tia

gently caress, even HouseChat was better than this.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Every time someone criticises NTATA for being lizard-like I throw up.
You despicable humans have so much more to use his scaly appearance, cruel eyes, flickering tongue and strange eating habits.

For loving shame Auspol.

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
if we kill the rich then eat the rich we will all be fat and then nobody will be fat

think about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

white mans burping
Feb 24, 2015

Robodog posted:

donald trump, that hair!

:allears:

• Locked thread