Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
It wasn't. Vane sent his letter saying he'd bring the girl for ransom. Flint showed up instead.

Vane was wise up to Flint and ducked out early so he could steal his ship.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

When was it expressed that Vane was there ahead of Flint? My understanding was the American asked Flint if he was Vane, implying Vane hadn't arrived yet?

Vane was the one who sent the letter to the governor saying his daughter had been captured. They didn't expect Flint to have taken her from Vane.

COOKIEMONSTER
Oct 31, 2006
As an affluent straight white male I know quite a bit second hand what it's like to be incredibly poor and oppressed.
I'm not really a 1700s naval expert, but isn't the point of a treasure galleon, that a normal ship can't carry around 5 million gold coins? Why is Jack Rackham acting like it can fit on his ship?

Also am I the only one who finds it really strange that they mentioned Blackbeard in the first season and then never bothered to introduce him as a character or talk about him ever again? Like it's clearly acknowledged that he exists in the show and they tried to jam as many famous pirates as possible(Jack Rackham, Anne Bonny, Hornigold, Charles Vane) into the show but never bothered with Blackbeard. I guess he's the only one who legitimately doesn't actually give a poo poo about the urca gold for some reason. Or about who runs pirate-town.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

COOKIEMONSTER posted:

I'm not really a 1700s naval expert, but isn't the point of a treasure galleon, that a normal ship can't carry around 5 million gold coins? Why is Jack Rackham acting like it can fit on his ship?

They're going to take as much as the ship can possibly carry obviously.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Well they did make a point to mention that Jack had his quartermaster order the crew to take everything off the ship. I think the idea is that they're going to go over in a completely stripped-down ship, which they can afford to do because they know where the gold is and that it isn't guarded. Normally there would have to be poo poo like food, water, extra ammunition, and whatever other extra supplies a crew would need while out pirating. I think Jack's crew would be ok with going hungry for a day or two while they literally sit on millions worth of gold on their trip back.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Given the way everyone's plans in this show go, Jack may as well choose a giant red target for his flag when he returns to Nassau.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

COOKIEMONSTER posted:

He's only carrying supplies to go from Nassau to the wreck; He doesn't need to keep supplies to go from The West Indies to Spain.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
If they inject reality then several pirate ships will rush in and steal what they can and the spanish will get the rest

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Jesus, what an episode.

My heart loving sanked when Miranda got shot, what the gently caress man. Now Flint's about to be hanged, god drat it. But, yay, Team Vane sailing to the rescue!

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Mrs. Barlow nooooooooooooo. :stonk:

God Eleanor is the absolute worst schemer on this show.

Next week: Pirate super team! :yarr::black101:

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer
:agesilaus:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

You can't kill Randall!

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

muscles like this? posted:

You can't kill Randall!

At least samurai pirate survived.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

That was loving unexpected

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

We liked him. :(

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Oh sheeet. Next episode looks awesome. Though team Vane helping Flint is a little unbelievable.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
Vane had a good point. Flint hanging in the town square will embolden England, who are already gearing up to wipe out Nassau. Saving him from the clutches of the Carolina governor will not only instill fear within the English, but Flint is the de facto leader of the island. Not only do you need him to rally everyone in Nassau towards a common goal, but news of his execution would see the entire system on the island crumble.

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.
I like that now I have no idea where Flint will go. Maybe he will go full pirate dark side, what with the murder and rescue going the way they did.

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I know "mon" means man, but I don't think "Och" means anything.

Shaman Ooglaboogla posted:

I like that now I have no idea where Flint will go. Maybe he will go full pirate dark side, what with the murder and rescue going the way they did.

I certainly hope so.

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene
I want full, murderous, wrathful Flint to happen. It's gonna make next season amazing.

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.
I love that this show has the characters making all these twists, but none of them feel particularly out of place or forced.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

It felt like so many things happened during that episode that it could have been a season finale. Looking forward to seeing what they've got in store for the actual finale. All of them on the same side will create one hellova crew.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

TyrantWD posted:

Vane had a good point. Flint hanging in the town square will embolden England, who are already gearing up to wipe out Nassau. Saving him from the clutches of the Carolina governor will not only instill fear within the English, but Flint is the de facto leader of the island. Not only do you need him to rally everyone in Nassau towards a common goal, but news of his execution would see the entire system on the island crumble.

Yeah but at this point its like asking Vanes crew to go to the moon.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Jesus Mrs, Barlow, didn't see that coming. Can't wait for the Flynt and Vane power hour.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
Is it wrong that I don't feel any sympathy for Barlow? Like, she was willing to throw away the only real plan to not get everyone in Nassau killed because of her own desire for revenge. Her storyline was boring anyways.

Everything else was awesome. Next week will be awesome.

This show is just an escalating series of awesome.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Was that Eleanor hanging in the preview?

Despera fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Mar 22, 2015

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Please loving spoiler tag preview talk, god drat.
I avoid those things specifically because they occasionally spoil the next episode.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

So many dead minor characters this episode, I was half-worried that Rackham and Billy might be at their end too in the middle of the episode. :stonk:

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Black Sails S2: You gently caress everyone, everyone fucks you

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

I was terrified that Eleanor had paid off/convinced Anne to be part of her murder squad and that she was going to put a knife in Jack's gut.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

blablablabla posted:

Was that Eleanor hanging in the preview?

It was an effigy.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

God the Vane rescue mission is going to be amazing. I had the biggest grin when he revealed his intentions.

meristem
Oct 2, 2010
I HAVE THE ETIQUETTE OF STIFF AND THE PERSONALITY OF A GIANT CUNT.
Gods gently caress yes. Finally something moved on this show. And when this show moves, it moves.

I hope this show learns the Game of Thrones lesson and starts delivering gently caress-yeah moments also midseason, though. That lull was almost interminable.

Jst0rm, anything interesting from the production you might want to share? I'd love me some of that!

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Haterescue is the best kind of rescue.

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone!

Get ready!
Obviously it doesn't really matter now but assuming he was being honest with his proposal Lord Ash's plan sounds ridiculous. What are the odds of Flint leaving London alive after confessing to the assassination of a respected Lord, let alone the years of piracy?

Also I guess the goon hypothesis that the cook would end up being Treasure Island's Long John Silver is out.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Alris posted:

What are the odds of Flint leaving London alive after confessing to the assassination of a respected Lord, let alone the years of piracy?

0 odds. He knew that when he stuck his hand out.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Team Vane + Team Flint to save Flint leading us to Flint+Vane vs England is amazing.

Go Team Vaint!

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

I just found out that this is Captain Flint's real-life mom :monocle:

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Kill wealthy Dowager...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Well that sure as poo poo wasn't a slow episode.

• Locked thread