Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

kidcoelacanth posted:

The gently caress are these poses.

You don't recognize the "I gotta pee" dance?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

GorfZaplen posted:

Mandrake the Magician

I thought he was wearing a cape. What the hell is he wearing?

I guess this is a colorist screw up it, and to me it's's a new level of stupid since this character has worn the same outfit every day for like 150 years.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
^^ I think he has his red-lined cape rolled up all neat for eating :3:

Those are pretty recent Prince Valiant strips. A few months ago in the current storyline?

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Peanuts: Year Two (May 19-21, 1952)

Super-Fun-Pak Comix

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

GorfZaplen posted:

Mandrake the Magician

Between the teeth and the bad ponytail, the one villain reminds me of Romeo Rose.

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen

ThePlague-Daemon posted:

Hey, you people like Prince Valiant, right? My school's hosting a small gallery featuring local-ish comic artists, including Thomas Yeates, current artist on Prince Valiant. I got to check it out during the opening a couple weeks ago when they had the artists in attendance, and I thought I'd get pictures of the Prince Valiant sketches and inks on display for the thread. Then I got lazy, but here they are now (sorry for the quality, I'm not good at phone pictures):

That middle photo on the bottom is a nightmare and I am very sorry. But anyway, it was neat seeing these because I remembered them from an earlier iteration of this thread.

goatface posted:

Those are pretty recent Prince Valiant strips. A few months ago in the current storyline?

It looks like they are from 2013/2014. Here's what they look like from the Comics Kingdom archive:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I didn't think the storyline had been going on that long, but I suppose being weekly it must have.

mwdan
Feb 7, 2004

Webbed Blobs

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Zits

Sketchy girls are the best.

Are there phones that default to speaker when you answer? And why not see who's calling and go to another room/outside before answering? What teen would even attempt to talk on the phone with his friends where there was even the *Slightest* possibility his parents could hear?

:psyduck:

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Six Chix

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

Arlo and Janis

Do, drat it, no! Naming chickens will only end badly.

Andertoons

Lost Side of Suburbia

Dick Tracy

Inspector Danger's Crime Quiz

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Wow, danger really doesn't know a thing about SCUBA diving.

But I do know this lady is guilty of murder one. Book her, Alfie.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

wait it's not that the fish ARE producing a big stream of bubbles? :psylon:

Humanoid Female
Mar 13, 2008

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Huh. I did a mental double take and had to scroll back up again to have a second look. That's clearly a reasonably modern gas stove range (and probably oven) yet it has a wood fired range/oven flue pipe complete with damper. Weird.

I saw it as an extractor fan duct, perhaps.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Zereth posted:

wait it's not that the fish ARE producing a big stream of bubbles? :psylon:

They're spitting words. Perfectly normal.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

mwdan posted:

Are there phones that default to speaker when you answer? And why not see who's calling and go to another room/outside before answering? What teen would even attempt to talk on the phone with his friends where there was even the *Slightest* possibility his parents could hear?

:psyduck:

I have an app on my phone that automatically puts on speaker when you hold it away from your head. If I don't want speaker, this problem is solved by putting the phone up to my ear. Jeremy should have tried that.

Luann

Granted, I don't plan a ton of weddings, but it seems like they're making it way more complicated than it has to be. I mean, idiots manage to have weddings they're happy with all the time. Just start narrowing poo poo down. Want a church wedding or no? Fancy or simple? Indoor or outdoor? Lots of guests or just a few? Wild party or more low key? Granted, I'm pretty sure we've established that Brad and Toni disagree about some of this stuff, but they can still make some decisions before they just start hitting up every rando they see in the phone book. (I feel safe assuming they used a phone book.)

Sally Forth

The Amazing Spider-Man

You're not answering the question, Spidey. :mad:

Juliet Jones

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

Jesus Christ just go down to the local courthouse and be done with it.

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.

Julet Esqu posted:

Sally Forth

Sally Forth is just reminding me why I loving hate HR and hiring managers. Oh, I narrowed it down to this one candidate who's good enough to work for us and of course they'll just jump at the opportunity to work for us. Man it felt so good to reject the last job offer I got when they lowballed me on salary and I got to see them scramble to relist the position.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Presto posted:

Jesus Christ just go down to the local courthouse and be done with it.

Or a church! That's how most people do it. It's not that complex to find someplace willing to host a wedding.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Well, I would be very surprised if boring old Brad would settle for anything less than an outdoorsy or church wedding. I put these themed wedding ideas up there with the panda dung tea joke. Dumb, forced and nothing to do with anything.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Phantom Classic

Radio Patrol

Rip Kirby

Aww. I almost don't mind that he's a murderous gangster. :3:

Big Ben Bolt

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!

The Sphinxster posted:

Well, I would be very surprised if boring old Brad would settle for anything less than an outdoorsy or church wedding. I put these themed wedding ideas up there with the panda dung tea joke. Dumb, forced and nothing to do with anything.

They're going to get married in the firehouse. That's my guess, especially as loudly as these last two strips have telegraphed it.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

That makes sense too. Positively quirky!

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.
Dustin

It's less Bleeker and more Sci-fi action movie destroyer.

Bleeker

I hate it when my electronics catch fire too. At least they're not also sentient.

On the Fastrack

Did Dethany run out of the class, not come to school the next day, and hide online behind a ponytar too? (seriously wtf)

Safe Havens

And to think all that tuition money went to brand new dorms and rec centers too.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

For Good And Proper Christians who volunteer at the mission they throw a lot of food away. You can reheat pizza, you know.

Maybe that's just how they feed the dog.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Julet Esqu posted:

Luann

Granted, I don't plan a ton of weddings, but it seems like they're making it way more complicated than it has to be. I mean, idiots manage to have weddings they're happy with all the time. Just start narrowing poo poo down. Want a church wedding or no? Fancy or simple? Indoor or outdoor? Lots of guests or just a few? Wild party or more low key? Granted, I'm pretty sure we've established that Brad and Toni disagree about some of this stuff, but they can still make some decisions before they just start hitting up every rando they see in the phone book. (I feel safe assuming they used a phone book.)

Bah, just do what some in-laws of mine did, they had a baptism for their 1st child and then before the baptism was supposed to start, wedding music played and the mother walked in and a priest married them, then they baptized the kid. Nobody knew they where gonna do it either so everyone was pretty shocked. They said it was a good way to avoid all the expensive, fuss, unneccessary presents and waste that goes with weddings. Instead just the kid got some stuff and that's the important thing.

Maluco Marinero
Jan 18, 2001

Damn that's a
fine elephant.

Evil Mastermind posted:

Or a church! That's how most people do it. It's not that complex to find someplace willing to host a wedding.

Yeah, well, its about as complex/expensive as a couple/couple's overbearing family let it become.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?
Jane's World

Jill's been pretty much an rear end in a top hat this whole trip.

Non Sequitur

Yesterday's, and today's Phoebe and Her Unicorn

Kliban's Cats

9 Chickweed Lane 3/19/2004

Zits

Kevin & Kell

:rolleyes:

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
Cul-de-sac ignores you

Heathcliff builds his regime.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Dinette Set knows that good fences make good neighbors.

Working Daze is oh god what's wrong with your faaaaaaace?

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
Monty

Mike du Jour

Intelligent Life

Retail

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Haggle. It's called haggling.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Please keep fellating yourself and your readership, lady who does Nemi.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Evil Mastermind posted:

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Please do this for every one of these stupid quote strips, thanks in advance.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Emmy Lou

Mandrake the Magician

The Phantom

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh Guran you crazy bugger.

Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Mother Goose & Grimm

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.

Evil Mastermind posted:

Doesn't Ironman have him beat?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I'm so glad kids have forgotten to read, because they'll finally regain their memories, which were destroyed just as Socrates predicted.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Midnight Moth posted:

Doesn't Ironman have him beat?

By orders of magnitude, yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Skippy (January 19, 1928)

Peanuts (March 21, 1968)

Do you call the ASPCA or Child Protective Services?

Funky Winkerbean

Does Buddyblog still use RealPlayer?

Popeye

Does the spinach protect him from magic or is it the six extra inches of bone in his head? So many questions today...

Rip Haywire

Out Our Way (November 3-4, 1926)

The OOW hat trick: Boyzengurlzendorgz.

• Locked thread