Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Sash! posted:

The girlfriends of guys that spend their four years in Florida flying a powerpoint presentation getting outraged that they didn't get to cut to the head of the line at Starbucks, not given a discount, and no one bowed down to them.

My grandfather flew a bomber that most likely dropped bombs on civilian targets in Germany. I demand that this forum treat me with the respect I deserve.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Chichevache posted:

My grandfather flew a bomber that most likely dropped bombs on civilian targets in Germany. I demand that this forum treat me with the respect I deserve.

My Grandfather was the flight doctor for a squadron that basically just flew the brass around Europe. Pretty sweet gig, really.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
My grandfather was a goddamn war hero during WWII

He was awarded the Iron Cross three times

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

My grandfather was a goddamn war hero during WWII

He was awarded the Iron Cross three times

I resent that! My grandmother died in a Nazi prison camp. A guard fell out of the tower and crushed her. :sigh:

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
Well my grandpa lied about his age so he could go kill Nazis because he wasn't 18 yet! :synpa:

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
My uncle works at Nintendo

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

my dad works at one of those stands in the middle of the mall floor where they try to sell you an overpriced cellphone case

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

my dad works at one of those stands in the middle of the mall floor where they try to sell you an overpriced cellphone case

Working class hero :patriot:

Every day he shows up to work is a day he would trade with Junior Seau.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

football fuckerman posted:

My uncle works at Nintendo

Owns.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

Maybe I'm wrong here, but I hold those mall kiosk folks with the same regard as the bootleg DVD guy at the local comic shop.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer
I feel bad for all the legitimate nephews and nieces of Nintendo employees who just get called liars all the time.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
What amazes me about the uncle at Nintendo thing was how many kids did it. We all have that story about the kid who said his uncle worked for Nintendo. There is something that just clicked in the popular consciousness that made it a spontaneous thing.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

Mel Mudkiper posted:

What amazes me about the uncle at Nintendo thing was how many kids did it. We all have that story about the kid who said his uncle worked for Nintendo. There is something that just clicked in the popular consciousness that made it a spontaneous thing.

It's true. And yet, decades later, I've still never met anyone whose uncle worked at Sega.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

AKMoose posted:

It's true. And yet, decades later, I've still never met anyone whose uncle worked at Sega.

Until right the gently caress now.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

AKMoose posted:

In, like, fifth grade, one of the popular kids in my class had to move away for six months because his parents were having trouble. When he came back, we asked him what the other school was like. I will never forget his response.

"They were weird. They liked Sega."

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Sash! posted:

The girlfriends of guys that spend their four years in Florida flying a powerpoint presentation getting outraged that they didn't get to cut to the head of the line at Starbucks, not given a discount, and no one bowed down to them.

Matt Ufford actually served abroad and saw combat and is / was a very funny and good KSK and SBNation writer so I'm not sure if he applies

Edit also what the gently caress why is anyone defending Florio ever??

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
No one did?

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
Every time I see Darren Rovell all I can think of is he's an unironic version of the MY BRAND guy from this commercial.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCJ5BNKdWbo

edit: thought this was the generic sports journalism thread. whoops.

axeil fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Mar 22, 2015

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
My hero PFTcommenter wrote a fake article about how climate Change and concussions were liberal media junk science.

Fox News wrote a real one. PFTcommenter accused the author of plagiarism. It only gets better

https://twitter.com/PFTCommenter/status/580376725730811904

PFTCommenter ‏@PFTCommenter 7h7 hours ago
@themightygwinn @FoxNews @Regnery its literaly the same exact thing i wrote about concussions and global "warming" except not as strong

Dylan Gwinn ‏@themightygwinn 7h7 hours ago
@PFTCommenter @FoxNews @Regnery Sorry, in the words of our Prez, "You didn't build that." Dan Wolken 1st made that comp in a tweet that I...

it goes on and on

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
I think that, perhaps, if you claim to be a :airquote:legitimate:airquote: reporter, getting into twitter arguments with a satirist is a battle you can't win. Especially if you're this clueless.
@themightygwinn
@PFTCommenter @FoxNews @Regnery Seeing as your time as ur time as a coach and mine as a player means absolutely nothing. I'll stick w/my...
@PFTCommenter @FoxNews @Regnery ability to read comprehensively and understand as my credential for being able to talk abt these things.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
Holy poo poo

@sackedbybmac:
@PFTCommenter @themightygwinn you can't even spell things right after I call you out. Hint: If a red line is under it you spelled it wrong

@PFTCommenter:
@sackedbybmac @themightygwinn nazis cared way to much about thin red lines too. Called em armbands

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

The armbands were quite broad!

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
This exchange was pretty strong imo

Dylan Gwinn ‏@themightygwinn 9h9 hours ago
@PFTCommenter @FoxNews @Regnery Point is, those arguments and comps preceded you. By a mile. You have no monopoly sir. Sorry to disappoint.

PFTCommenter
‏@PFTCommenter
@themightygwinn @FoxNews @Regnery have u ever even played football

@PFTCommenter @FoxNews @Regnery Yes, not well. But yes.

PFTCommenter ‏@PFTCommenter 9h9 hours ago
@themightygwinn @FoxNews @Regnery i was a full back coach let me carry the sledgehammer on senior night. whats your credentials?

@PFTCommenter @FoxNews @Regnery Seeing as your time as ur time as a coach and mine as a player means absolutely nothing. I'll stick w/my...

@PFTCommenter @FoxNews @Regnery ability to read comprehensively and understand as my credential for being able to talk abt these things.

PFTCommenter ‏@PFTCommenter 9h9 hours ago
@themightygwinn @FoxNews @Regnery i wrote a book about obama trying to steal the NFL and move it to kenya thats my credentials

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
PFT Commenter is too beautiful for this world.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
I don't even have twitter anymore, I just go to PFTcommenter's time line once a day

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Spoeank posted:

PFT Commenter is too beautiful for this world.

Clarence Hill ‏@clarencehilljr
@ProFootballTalk if Dez did it then he gets what he deserves. Until there is proof of that then this is muckraking

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk
@clarencehilljr . . . So how do we find out if he did it? Who pushes this when police drop the ball?

PFTCommenter ‏@PFTCommenter
.@ProFootballTalk @clarencehilljr technicaly the police didnt drop the ball they just didnt complete the act of catching him

Jesus, you're right

packsmack
Jan 6, 2013
I cracked up at him saying he was a fullback coach. Then the Kenya line a couple later. Those are the funniest things i've seen in a long time.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
he was saying he was a fullback and coach let him etc

reading PFT commenter is an art

packsmack
Jan 6, 2013
Hah, you're (or should I say your?) right. I obviously still have much to learn. Being a fullback is still perfect though.

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

I really need to start reading MMBM more, some of these quotes are killing me. Improvements to be brought up at owner meeting:

-Dont allow a potential future ground-zero mosque to be built within 5 miles of any new NFL stadium
-New catch rule- a player has only completed the act of a catch when he makes a act common to the act of football like getting arrestied for domestic abuse or ignoring a queston from a reporter.

Also his dig on David Brooks for his view on Iraq.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.

Its Miller Time posted:

-New catch rule- a player has only completed the act of a catch when he makes a act common to the act of football like getting arrestied for domestic abuse or ignoring a queston from a reporter.
I stole this and reused it at work (just the domestic violence part) and I really did make someone spit out their* drink they laughed so hard.

*there

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Ribsauce posted:

I stole this and reused it at work (just the domestic violence part) and I really did make someone spit out their* drink they laughed so hard.

*there

Is plagiarism bannable? Mods?!?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
You're still unbanned aren't you

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

I've never read a PFTCommenter tweet that's topped the best TFF post

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Spoeank posted:

You're still unbanned aren't you

:confused:

sweet thursday posted:

I've never read a PFTCommenter tweet that's topped the best TFF post

What post is that?

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Yours, Chiche. If you believe in yourself

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Chichevache posted:

:confused:

What post is that?

The one about Brett Favre and his wife's missing breast, I assume?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

The part where Brian McDonald starts getting into the fight makes it even funnier

Brian McDonald ‏@sackedbybmac Mar 24
@PFTCommenter @themightygwinn @FoxNews @Regnery wait, you wrote a book about what? Lol, hope that was a joke

PFTCommenter ‏@PFTCommenter Mar 24
@sackedbybmac @themightygwinn @FoxNews @Regnery I did it has 5 star on amazon and every thing. How many star does you're book have?

@PFTCommenter @themightygwinn @FoxNews @Regnery lol, you carried a sledgehammer. Impeccable credentials.

@sackedbybmac @themightygwinn @FoxNews @Regnery thanks

@PFTCommenter @themightygwinn @FoxNews @Regnery were those stars stickers from your kindergarten teacher? A participation award perhaps?

@PFTCommenter @themightygwinn @FoxNews @Regnery NFL to Kenya. I'd make a joke about that premise but the joke was already made by the idea

@sackedbybmac @themightygwinn @FoxNews @Regnery im not a idiot lib like u. I dont play ur PC participaton trophy game pic.twitter.com/Y4KNidP5Je

Tom Carlin ‏@tomcar39 Mar 24
@PFTCommenter @sackedbybmac @themightygwinn @FoxNews @Regnery ur literally two right for these libs.

@tomcar39 @PFTCommenter @themightygwinn @FoxNews @Regnery its "too" and "your"

@PFTCommenter @themightygwinn @FoxNews @Regnery ha, I'm a lib? You don't even know me. Last desperate attempt from a losing argument

Later on

Brian McDonald @sackedbybmac · Mar 24
Getting a feeling this troll is a fake and I've been put on. Either way, this has been fun.

This was fun, but it's getting weird now. One of my many character flaws is not knowing when to walk away. Think it's past time.

Parody account? Well, that information would have been useful before this thing started. Honestly hadn't heard of him. Oh well. Moving on.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

sweet thursday posted:

Yours, Chiche. If you believe in yourself

I wish I had parents like you :smith:

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
SF Weekly's editor compared Jay Mariotti to Hunter S. Thompson.

quote:

Is it bold to bring Mariotti to this company because he was accused of some lovely crimes? No, that's not what's bold about it. That was a decision higher-ups in the company made after lots of conversations with him, and they trusted what they heard. What's bold is that, in spite of this, we decided to bring to the Bay Area's sports scene an excellent writer with a voice that's singular in ways not unlike maverick voices from the past, such as Hunter S. Thompson's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
tbf, if you're a sports journalist that's active on twitter and you don't know who PFTCommenter is, you deserve whatever is coming to you

• Locked thread