Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

Human Grand Prix posted:

Despite what I said the Grand National can be seriously fast and the 3800 Turbo is one hell of an engine.

Seriously. I brake for Corvettes indeed.

GNs really were, for any nation, the first truly tire-meltingly powerful high powered turbo tuner car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I'm a big fan of the Turbo Trans-Am, although apparently it's slower than the GNX :confused:

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Fo3 posted:

I don't understand the appeal of either. :confused:
I don't get honda love, all too cartoon d or :rice:
They built economy cars except for the NSX and s2000
I don't get any appeal of US 1980s-90s cars, it was just a tiny small step up from the malaise era. While they did do a non honda trick, ie stick a turbo on a plain car, it's still not a great thing. We still aren't talking i6 or v8 supremacy, it's still a buick v6 that every 6cyl commodore 1988-2003 has.

Same reason people like the Typhoon/Cyclone. The GN was one of the fastest domestic production cars of the 80's, was comfortable to drive, easy to fit in, was cheap to insure (it was in the 90's, maybe not anymore), and only came in black. It was a bright light in a sea of 150hp V8's and a Corvette that could barely keep up with itself.

The ITR and GN are pretty good examples of the best of the best each continent had to offer to gearheads throughout the 80's and 90's, outside of fancy stuff like the NSX and Viper.

Human Grand Prix posted:

I'm a big fan of the Turbo Trans-Am, although apparently it's slower than the GNX :confused:

Oh man I love the Turbo TA, if only for the outrageous styling and gold wheels. There was always one or two of them at the shop next to my friend's shop. They'd typically have over a dozen GN's in there, but there'd also be a handful of TA's and Typhoons as well. Never seen so many black cars at once outside of a funeral.

Sir Tonk fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Mar 17, 2015

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
The C4 was pretty fast for what it was, tbh.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~
The ITR was my favorite car in high school and Id still love one. Now I just get watch best motoring on YouTube to get my fix.

blk
Dec 19, 2009
I've never driven one and have never been a Honda fanboy but there's one near me for sale; maybe I should go check it out. 13500 for 110kish miles which seems on par with the market from what I can tell.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
Are they still theft magnets?

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 232 days!)

Less shots left:

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

West SAAB Story posted:

Less shots left:

Wrong thread brah.

Content: We may have reached peak brodozer. http://anchorage.craigslist.org/cto/4935646197.html

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

I can't tell if he's failing to do burnouts, or just moving the car and the taller tires (effectively giving it a lower ratio final drive) are lugging the engine.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

VideoTapir posted:

GNX Donk Vid

It's in front of a Florida Family Dollar. My god, this video is the gift that keeps on giving.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Dannywilson posted:

Wrong thread brah.

Content: We may have reached peak brodozer. http://anchorage.craigslist.org/cto/4935646197.html

holy poo poo, they even put cock extension in the name. CXT. What is even the point of having something like that?

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747

puberty worked me over fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Jan 4, 2020

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
god drat it why can I never find one of those that isn't a giant rotted out piece of poo poo :suicide:

Those and a Brat are like the only Subarus I actually WANT to own.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

And it's owned by my doppelganger apparently. Except he's got longer and slightly-less-red hair.
Actually I'm totally saving that pic and making a fake 'look what I bought!' FB post in a couple months, it'll be hilarious. (nobody would believe it right now because winter)
It'll also be the closest I get to owning a clean Justy, because they're all awful rustpiles here too :smith:

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

Human Grand Prix posted:

The C4 was pretty fast for what it was, tbh.

Wasn't it a whole lot quicker than a factory spec Grand National?

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

dissss posted:

Probably on a track, but the Grand Nat (or more specifically the GNX) was the fastest-accelerating production car in the world in 1987, if sources are to be believed. 0-60 in 4.3s, 1/4 mile 13.2s at 104 mph.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

Fucknag posted:

Probably on a track, but the Grand Nat (or more specifically the GNX) was the fastest-accelerating production car in the world in 1987, if sources are to be believed. 0-60 in 4.3s, 1/4 mile 13.2s at 104 mph.

That a very limited model, with the vast majority of cars being much, much slower.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Dannywilson posted:

Wrong thread brah.

Subcompact.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

dissss posted:

It was, aside from the GNX. They ran mid to low 5's 0-60, iirc. Also, it was a much more capable car all around.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

Fucknag posted:

That can't be true considering the Porsche 959 had a 3.7s 0-60mph and a 12s quarter mile in 1987

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

How many 4WD Justys were actually made? I'd love to have one but I can't imagine too many people went into the dealer looking for a cheap economy car with an expensive drivetrain option when they were sold.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

rscott posted:

That can't be true considering the Porsche 959 had a 3.7s 0-60mph and a 12s quarter mile in 1987

4.3 also seems really abnormally fast, even for a GNX. I thought they ran just under 5 seconds?

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

kastein posted:

holy poo poo, they even put cock extension in the name. CXT. What is even the point of having something like that?

another one of my friends pointed out that the rear plate says size matters.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Dannywilson posted:

another one of my friends pointed out that the rear plate says size matters.

Well it is in Peters Creek.

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001

kastein posted:

You use it to tow your Harleys to ROT Rally in Austin.
Or you are Ashton Kutcher.

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007

Do I buy this? I'm thinking I should buy it. I've been wanting to get a dedicated car for autocross, and been looking for one of these for about 3 years. This is by far the cleanest one I've found, and ticks all the boxes. 4WS, manual, 130k, supposedly well maintained with records.

Don Baylor
Oct 24, 2005

Dannywilson posted:

Wrong thread brah.

I see someone driving a black one of these around Anchorage from time to time, really seems like he daily drives it from the weird places I've seen him around town.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Dustoph posted:

Do I buy this? I'm thinking I should buy it. I've been wanting to get a dedicated car for autocross, and been looking for one of these for about 3 years. This is by far the cleanest one I've found, and ticks all the boxes. 4WS, manual, 130k, supposedly well maintained with records.

Dedicated autocross car? A prelude none the less? is this real life?

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Dustoph posted:

I think you'd be better off with an EF Civic or DA/DC Integra for Autocross.

That being said, if your just learning and you like the car why not? Go for it, it's cool.

Human Grand Prix fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Mar 19, 2015

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

Don Baylor posted:

I see someone driving a black one of these around Anchorage from time to time, really seems like he daily drives it from the weird places I've seen him around town.

I would DD the hell out of that thing.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Moey posted:

I would DD the hell out of that thing.

The CXTs were kind of meant for that. Sorta. Well, that and pulling RV trailers and the like. Okay nobody ever figured out what they were really for, or bought the drat things for that matter.
I mean the DT466 is an engine you could easily live with as a DD with the right gearing and the Allison 2k series is one of the better automatic transmissions ever made. Air brakes would make it a pain in the rear end though- gotta go somewhere quickly? Too bad, you've got to wait for your poo poo to air up.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
https://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/pts/4938101152.html

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

That dog looks like he's judging the poo poo out of his owner for their poor choice in car accessories.

Solar Coaster
Sep 2, 2009
Pics from nearly 3 years ago? Let's see what it looks like today.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

That's not a bad price.

quote:

1994 Nissan Skyline R32 GTR in great condition. The car is a one owner grade 4.5B and comes with original owner's manual and log books from Japan. The car is completely standard right down the exhaust system and original radio. The rails and sill panels are unmarked and the under body has zero rust whatsoever.

Actually, that's a loving great price. Very hard to find these that haven't been completely hogfucked by someone who is 2 fast and 2 furious for their own good.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

1500quidporsche posted:

How many 4WD Justys were actually made? I'd love to have one but I can't imagine too many people went into the dealer looking for a cheap economy car with an expensive drivetrain option when they were sold.

They used to be fairly popular in Alaska.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/peterborough/classic-1986-hyundai-pony/1058583899

I haven't seen one of these in the wild for years, and they used to be everywhere.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

They never left the road, they just rusted away around the driver until he became a cyclist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

That ITR is up north of $40k now.

This must be what it was like when our parents were watching the prices of tri-five Chevies and early Camaros skyrocket.