Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

quote:

Edward Gaming (11-1-3)
OMG (8-0-8)
Snake (7-1-8)
GE Tigers (10-0)
SKTelecom T1 (11-3)
Team SoloMid (11-3)

The guys at Riot actually think Edward Gaming (a team that hasn't seen international competition yet but might be at the Mid-Season? I don't know how that one works) is the best team in the world right now after IEM, putting GE Tigers at a pretty embarrassing fourth and TSM at an incredible sixth. They've also finally concluded that in their opinion C9 is at best a mediocre team right now. :suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!

Lightning Knight posted:

The guys at Riot actually think Edward Gaming (a team that hasn't seen international competition yet but might be at the Mid-Season? I don't know how that one works) is the best team in the world right now after IEM, putting GE Tigers at a pretty embarrassing fourth and TSM at an incredible sixth. They've also finally concluded that in their opinion C9 is at best a mediocre team right now. :suicide:

EDG was at worlds, yo. They choked incredibly hard though. Everything else about that list is pretty questionable, but EDG had always looked very very good in the LPL.

Zanael
Jan 30, 2007

Finn 3:16 says I just licorice
whipped your peppermint ass
There's the Oceanic Pro League going on at the moment http://www.twitch.tv/riotgamesoceania/popout
Unsurprisingly, the team with a Morgana/Lee/Lulu/Kog/Nami compo isn't having much of a good time.

e: it's over, don't bother

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

SC Bracer posted:

EDG was at worlds, yo. They choked incredibly hard though. Everything else about that list is pretty questionable, but EDG had always looked very very good in the LPL.

I only watched maybe a third of Worlds and that was a) six months ago and b) the game was entirely different then, especially w/r/t top and jungle meta and the way lane swaps are conducted. Also that was in the context of Korea still being head and shoulders above everyone else and Samsung White existing, compared to our present less than impressive at IEM overlords GE Tigers.

Edit: :lol: the EU LCS Week 8 teaser on the League client landing page has the Froggen.jpg shot as it's thumbnail. :allears:

Freaksaus
Jun 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Lightning Knight posted:

Edit: :lol: the EU LCS Week 8 teaser on the League client landing page has the Froggen.jpg shot as it's thumbnail. :allears:

That's amazing :allears:

Jayisspecial
Sep 16, 2006

Therock Obama

Lightning Knight posted:

This seems pretty accurate. I don't know if OMG deserves the place, but EDG, OMG, SS, and LGD all look like contenders for winning World's . Mind you, EDG traded in their mid and ADC for Deft and Pawn. They took all of Korea's talent and have actually coalesced into solid teams at this point. GE Tigers and Jin Air are the only OGN teams that look that solid. TSM looks good but they've got a lot to prove.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Lightning Knight posted:

I agree with them, I think EDG is the best team in the world right now. Have you watched any of their matches?

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Jayisspecial posted:

This seems pretty accurate. I don't know if OMG deserves the place, but EDG, OMG, SS, and LGD all look like contenders for winning World's . Mind you, EDG traded in their mid and ADC for Deft and Pawn. They took all of Korea's talent and have actually coalesced into solid teams at this point. GE Tigers and Jin Air are the only OGN teams that look that solid. TSM looks good but they've got a lot to prove.

Jin Air is behind SKT and CJ in the standings, right? Why would you say they look better? Have they been shoring up early-season weaknesses a lot more than the other two?

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

I love Charlie from Busted!
SKT without doubt look better than Jin Air, tbh. Especially now Bengi's stopped being an anchor. They're pretty close with CJ I'd say

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Sexpansion posted:

I agree with them, I think EDG is the best team in the world right now. Have you watched any of their matches?

I don't watch anything from China/Taiwan and very, very rarely I'll watch a Korean game. I'm not surprised that they think a Chinese team is the best in the world after the chaos in Korea and GE Tiger's pretty hilariously silly IEM losses, I'm just surprised they think three Chinese teams are ahead of GE. I expected GE to place second or maaaaaybe third. I also didn't expect TSM to nearly break the top five, either.

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.
The team I'm not sold about on that list is Snake. They've done literally nothing outside of this 2/3 of an LPL season and have virtually no tournament experience except getting smashed by WE in December with a different roster. Maybe they're legit amazing! They just have no track record whatsoever.

Also, as always, subjective power rankings are dumb!

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Lightning Knight posted:

I don't watch anything from China/Taiwan and very, very rarely I'll watch a Korean game. I'm not surprised that they think a Chinese team is the best in the world after the chaos in Korea and GE Tiger's pretty hilariously silly IEM losses, I'm just surprised they think three Chinese teams are ahead of GE. I expected GE to place second or maaaaaybe third. I also didn't expect TSM to nearly break the top five, either.

It's important to remember that, in the offseason, EDG picked up Pawn (the midlane from Samsung White ie. the world champs) and Deft (the adc from Samsung blue) and plugged them into the lineup of the team that was the best team in the LPL for most of last season. They're not a come from nowhere team, they've been really good for a long time AND they massively upgraded at two positions.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I honestly think that PawN is better than Faker for a number of reasons and Deft was hands down the best "Safe" style ADC in the world during the last championship (Uzi and Imp being the aggressive ones). Putting the two on one of the strongest teams in China already is just pushing them further ahead. If they all spoke the same language fluently they'd probably be SKT/SSW levels right now.

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

Just catching up with LCK and Monte said something about Kalista having some nerfs, but looking at patchnotes on Surrender at 20, all I can find is a nerf to how she hops. Was there something else? (And how have they still not capped rend damage to monsters?!)

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Allyn posted:

Just catching up with LCK and Monte said something about Kalista having some nerfs, but looking at patchnotes on Surrender at 20, all I can find is a nerf to how she hops. Was there something else? (And how have they still not capped rend damage to monsters?!)

The attack speed scaling on her passive was it if I recall correctly, but it was a pretty massive nerf. It means that only two-thirds of her attack speed contributes to her mobility, which makes raw attack speed (and consequently Runaan's) much less useful the later the game goes. Runaan's also doubly fucks you because you cannot jump until three bolts have landed, which means combined with the nerf that the Runaan's build probably isn't as good as a more conventional BOTRK into PD/LW Vayne-type build for competitive play.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
Here's the OFFICIAL somethingawful forums power rankings, as compiled by a group of the brightest and highest elo players the forums have to offer.

1. Team Solo Mid (69-3-1)
2-infinity. Who Cares

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
GMB - MYM
ROC - FNC
CW - UOL (I don't really know who will win this, nor do I care)
EL - H2K (Can't wait to watch this)
GIA - SK

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Urope LCS starts in 15 minutes! Is H2k the best team in EU? Will Fnatic bounce back and look as strong as they did earlier in the split? Will SK tilt inexplicably after Forgiven died like two dozen times at IEM?

Find out these exciting answers as well as "Will froggen tie himself to a noose and kick the chair"

Don't miss it! EU LCS is actually interesting to watch these next two weeks with so much happening.

GMB - MYM: Should be a slaughter, no one on MYM even wants to be on that team anymore.
ROC - FNC: Can't shake the feeling that Roccat might win this one.
CW - UOL: Standard CW rules apply, if a game lasts over 40 minutes there's an 85% chance that Wolves will win.
EL - H2K: Elements will pull a miracle or Froggen will off himself mid game
GIA - SK: Should be a pretty standard SK win.

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Mar 19, 2015

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Flameingblack posted:

Urope LCS starts in 15 minutes! Is H2k the best team in EU? Will Fnatic bounce back and look as strong as they did earlier in the split? Will SK tilt inexplicably after Forgiven died like two dozen times at IEM?

Find out these exciting answers as well as "Will froggen tie himself to a noose and kick the chair"

You also forgot 'will we somehow get a miracle upset in the money leagues?', too. :v:

GMB - MYM
ROC - FNC
CW - UOL
EL - H2K
GIA - SK

Today is Shitters Get Fed To The Lions: The LCS Match Day. Not sure if we're gonna get a hilarious chain of upsets or just five straight stomps today. I could seriously see it going either way.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
I have a dumb question -- is Piglet or Keith playing this week for Liquid? Fantasy had Piglet at 0 points and Keith with a projected score, but the internet seems to have no idea.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Aerox posted:

I have a dumb question -- is Piglet or Keith playing this week for Liquid? Fantasy had Piglet at 0 points and Keith with a projected score, but the internet seems to have no idea.

Liquid probably doesn't even know who is playing for them this week at this point.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Its Piglet for now

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Transient People posted:

You also forgot 'will we somehow get a miracle upset in the money leagues?', too. :v:

Today is Shitters Get Fed To The Lions: The LCS Match Day. Not sure if we're gonna get a hilarious chain of upsets or just five straight stomps today. I could seriously see it going either way.
I'm going to lose in the my$tery league this week for sure but I still own the tie breaker on you so if DasKitty wins the next 2 games then they win the whole league :downs:

The amount of great players I've given up is comical. I gave up Lustboy and H2K's ADC because I wanted to keep Piglet as long as possible and I'm always ahead of the game on teams that are on an upswing (I got the first Fnatic, Gambit, and H2K players when they started getting those points) but I would completely miss the big money makers on that team for some reason :v:

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

I have seen the light, and it is a string

Aerox posted:

It's Piglet, check Liquid's Facebook.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
Piglet will be playing zed mid.

Freaksaus
Jun 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Sexpansion posted:

GMB - MYM
ROC - FNC
CW - UOL (I don't really know who will win this, nor do I care)
EL - H2K (Can't wait to watch this)
GIA - SK

Agree with all of these. Gambit might take a while against MYM though, they didn't look very good at IEM, especially Edward.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Aerox posted:

It's Piglet.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

MYMs logo is terribad

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Flipswitch posted:

MYMs logo is terribad
Wonder if they'll buy out Unicorns of Love and ruin them too

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Things I expect to see showing up in LCS soon:

1. Diana top. I think this is a really good pick because it gives you an insane level 1 jungle follow in a laneswap and has great engage
2. Chogath mid: Good counterpick to Viktor and Leblanc and some other popular midlaners, generally brings a lot of CC and has an AOE silence, has been sneaking into soloqueue.
3. Fizz jungle: I'm honestly surprised it hasn't shown up yet, I think it's really strong.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
I forget, is this week on 5.5 or 5.4 still? Makes kind of a big difference.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Transient People posted:

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Transient People posted:

5.5, with no Bard.

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

I've supported Hec more than most but I can't imagine FPing him, really... except oh he's jungle Hec, hmm. No idea then :shobon:

Transient People posted:

5.5 with Bard disabled

double efb

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Aerox posted:

Despite this being an old meme, I was watching Saint's stream last night and he was saying they would be using Piglet.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Killed By Death posted:

5.5, with no Bard.

Hell yeah, gonna be sweet!

Sexpansion posted:

Things I expect to see showing up in LCS soon:

1. Diana top. I think this is a really good pick because it gives you an insane level 1 jungle follow in a laneswap and has great engage
2. Chogath mid: Good counterpick to Viktor and Leblanc and some other popular midlaners, generally brings a lot of CC and has an AOE silence, has been sneaking into soloqueue.
3. Fizz jungle: I'm honestly surprised it hasn't shown up yet, I think it's really strong.

Speak of the moon devil... :getin:

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I hope not, i like UOL :(

Oh god, more Diana picks. I hope this doesn't result in her getting nerfed, she's one of my pocket picks.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Hey big surprise MYM's comp is bad.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

There's really not even much hard CC to justify picking an Olaf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Flameingblack posted:

There's really not even much hard CC to justify picking an Olaf.

Olaf will do nothing to protect Kog, they have no one to speed up or shield Kog, etc. Their comp is just bad.

• Locked thread