Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

NowonSA posted:

C'mon Jee-han, make with the magic! I have to figure she'll be fine, but this is still terribly worrying :ohdear:.

We have seen suspiciously little of that talk Jee-han had with the witch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

From the complete lack of Jee-han in this chapter I think it's safe to think that he probably DC'd and punched a hole through his monitor :v:

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Wait if Jee-han is in a party with the witch doesn't he get mad xp after all this?

FH_Meta
Feb 20, 2011
Sadly the level gap between Jee-han and Lolikano is too great for him to leech any XP. But look at all the drops he can loot.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

FH_Meta posted:

Sadly the level gap between Jee-han and Lolikano is too great for him to leech any XP. But look at all the drops he can loot.

Yeah, Jee-han is gonna have a closet full of suits and sunglasses after this is over.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Mindblast posted:

Wait if Jee-han is in a party with the witch doesn't he get mad xp after all this?

Depends on whether the universe has any anti-leeching mechanics.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Huzzah! posted:

Yeah, Jee-han is gonna have a closet full of suits and sunglasses after this is over.

Every time a new fashion comes into style he calls up Loli Nuna to murder a different group of underworld thugs.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Huzzah! posted:

The sunglasses will have impressive stats so he will wear at least three of them at the same time at all times.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
Chapter 79: Oh he's removing a ring, must be a power seal.. wait... :stare: what is going on with his... :stonk: no no nononononono

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
All I could think of when the owner screamed COLLECT EVERYTHING OF PROFIT was a bunch of people scrambling for drops after a big boss dies. :v:

I feel like the translation was a little lacking this chapter. Could barely follow the exposition.

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!
You guys really should have posted a link for easy reading:

Gamer chapter 79 on kissmanga

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Could be because the source is just as messy but I can't read Korean.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Mo_Steel posted:

Chapter 79: Oh he's removing a ring, must be a power seal.. wait... :stare: what is going on with his... :stonk: no no nononononono

Literally my reaction, having a friend's dad have his finger ripped off due to falling off a ladder and his wedding ring getting stuck, it was particularly gruesome to see him do that

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Well, I definitely have a new favorite non-comedy chapter now. This sets up so much stuff to happen either next chapter or in the next few chapters, it's gonna be real fun to see what happens.

Chapters where Jee-han is offered anything he wants from a girl, Jee-han date chapters, and Jee-han grinding/new ability discovery chapters remain just as awesome in their own way for their comedic moments.

Jee-Han putting points into Wisdom might be my #1 overall favorite so far, just to see it finally happen.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Glasses Dad does not gently caress around one bit, does he?

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat
Hopefully Yuhon Soul Recovery could fix that.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Assuming there's a need to fix it. Kinda expecting it to be part of a ritual to either power up or summon something badass as gently caress

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Mo_Steel posted:

Needs more no.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Inventory!
Give me Ogre Panties and the Ogre perv Hat.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.
This was basically my reaction to Glasses Dad:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VeEFc53gYpI

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
Those of you who feel the translation this week is odd are right on the money. When Shi-yun is explaining the Company to Jee-han, they translate it completely wrong. What she actually says (starting from the panel with random mooks from the past, with a squiggly line in the middle): "The majority of the organizations in the Abyss have traditions and purpose rooted in their respective histories." Jee-han: "Really?" Shi-yun: "Really. Even now, for most of the Abyss organizations. But... they say the Company completely lacks these things. Instead, they only chase profit." Jee-han: "Monetary profit?" Shi-yun: "Yes."

tl:dr: The Abyss groups have traditions and historical goals. The Company does not, and is purely monetary profit driven. Hence, the Abyss treats them as odd ducks. The rest of the chapter seems serviceable, if a bit messy.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

pnumoman posted:

Those of you who feel the translation this week is odd are right on the money. When Shi-yun is explaining the Company to Jee-han, they translate it completely wrong. What she actually says (starting from the panel with random mooks from the past, with a squiggly line in the middle): "The majority of the organizations in the Abyss have traditions and purpose rooted in their respective histories." Jee-han: "Really?" Shi-yun: "Really. Even now, for most of the Abyss organizations. But... they say the Company completely lacks these things. Instead, they only chase profit." Jee-han: "Monetary profit?" Shi-yun: "Yes."

tl:dr: The Abyss groups have traditions and historical goals. The Company does not, and is purely monetary profit driven. Hence, the Abyss treats them as odd ducks. The rest of the chapter seems serviceable, if a bit messy.

Goddamn, that is one lovely translation then.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

New chapter's out! Find it on your favorite service of choice in the near future.

Chapter 80 thoughts: DO NOT gently caress WITH DEMON SOUL NUNA'S DAD

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_MW65XxS7s

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009
Bill Gates is coming for you.

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

So what we learned today is NEVER gently caress WITH DARK SOUL SUMMONER DAD

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Oh man, remember a while ago when we were all wondering when they'd get back to the training arc? :allears:

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

CrazySalamander posted:

Bill Gates is coming for you.

"I will build an orphanage on your grave."

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
It's a bummer this guy can't draw action or motion for poo poo. Daddy taking the glasses off was pretty cool though.

Kinda wish I could beam the artistic skills of the dude who draws The Breaker into this guy's brain.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Ahh, no wonder he cares about his daughter so much. His wife was presumably the only person who wasn't afraid of him, and his daughter is all that he has left of her.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Fabricated posted:

It's a bummer this guy can't draw action or motion for poo poo. Daddy taking the glasses off was pretty cool though.

Kinda wish I could beam the artistic skills of the dude who draws The Breaker into this guy's brain.

Yeah, that or Murata from Onepunch Man. I don't mind the art though.

Looking forward to Big Boss' appearance.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
It is a webtoon. Detailed art just plain won't happen.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

Serious Frolicking posted:

It is a webtoon. Detailed art just plain won't happen.

One Punch Man is a webtoon too.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Soylentbits posted:

One Punch Man is a webtoon too.

Not the Murata version.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Webtoons are a specific kind of webcomic. Weekly webtoons which have to be colored and are meant to be read on a phone aren't very similar to either version of OPM. They take shortcuts to keep to that schedule, hence the simple art styles.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Serious Frolicking posted:

Webtoons are a specific kind of webcomic. Weekly webtoons which have to be colored and are meant to be read on a phone aren't very similar to either version of OPM. They take shortcuts to keep to that schedule, hence the simple art styles.

The art for The Gamer just isn't good. There are webtoons with great art and ones without, all on the same weekly schedule, and The Gamer's art is definitely on the low end of the scale.

At best, it's good enough.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Limitations don't necessarily result in bad art, but I've never seen a webtoon with highly detailed art. Nothing wrong with simplicity, after all.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I totally called that his chain connected to more chains along his arm :smug:

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Oh man, remember a while ago when we were all wondering when they'd get back to the training arc? :allears:

Still waiting for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Still waiting for it.

Agreed, but this fight has turned out better than anything going on in Shonen Jump.