Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

haha okay that's kinda cute

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

saucepanman posted:

it's really good, but get nocturne or smt4 if you can it is a better game

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gm3x82vaadc

well that's one way to transform something for a mobile platform

nah son

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

saucepanman posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gm3x82vaadc

well that's one way to transform something for a mobile platform

lol i didn't get it at all until i saw the logo at the end

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i never played driver on console but i did buy the iphone rerelease of driver. it was bad.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
well yeah, you cant play games on an iphone.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
actually happening
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/kojima-expected-to-leave-konami-after-mgs5-inside-/1100-6426024/

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
has anyone posted the "kojima and his team are just contracters now" story?

quote:

A fallout between Kojima Productions and its owning publisher, Konami, has led to senior staff at the studio being restricted access to corporate internet, emails, and phone, GameSpot understands.

Along with the restricted communications, key developers at the studio, such as Hideo Kojima, will now have limited opportunities to lend their appearance to promotions of the studio’s upcoming game, Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain.

Power struggles between Kojima Productions and Konami have led the publisher to make drastic changes, including the employee status of its Metal Gear team. Some senior staff at the studio, including Kojima, now essentially work as contractors, not permanent employees.

The extraordinary measures were revealed by a source within the studio, speaking to GameSpot on the condition of anonymity. The person explained that, once the Phantom Pain project is finished, in all likelihood the management at the studio will disband.

"After we finish MGSV, Mr. Kojima and upper management will leave Konami. They said their contract ends in December," the source claimed.

The person added: "At a team meeting, Mr Kojima explained that team have to be one and make a good game for fans."

In other developments, Konami has begun removing the Kojima Productions logo from all official Metal Gear art, and it has removed Kojima from its executive team. Meanwhile, Kojima Productions’ branding has also been removed from Twitter, the official Metal Gear website, and even the LA office listing.

Representatives for Konami would not discuss specifics of the matter when contacted by GameSpot. The corporation has offered a statement, however.

It reads: "Konami Digital Entertainment, including Mr. Kojima, will continue to develop and support Metal Gear products. Please look forward to future announcements."

The corporation's public relations team, based in Tokyo, is unavailable at the time of going to press, due to it being past midnight local time.

Metal Gear Solid 5, Kojima’s latest iteration in the famed series, ships in September on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, and PC.

An expanded statement from Konami follows: "As we have already announced, we are shifting our production structure to a headquarters-controlled system, in order to establish a steadfast operating base capable of responding to the rapid market changes that surround our digital entertainment business. Konami Digital Entertainment (including Mr. Kojima), will continue to develop and support Metal Gear products. Please look forward to future announcements."

e; well i guess it was

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

what else does konami even make anymore

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

developers sans frontieres

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
kojima, come to America. come to the promised land and make all the action games your heart desires.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Shaggar posted:

kojima, come to America. come to the promised land and make all the action games your heart desires.

kojima prefers to be called "rawhide kobayashi" now

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

As a Millennial I posted:

Castlevania series
Contra series
Dance Dance Revolution series
Gradius series
Frogger series
Suikoden series
Ganbare Goemon series
Metal Gear series
Pro Evolution Soccer series
Silent Hill series
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles series
Yu-Gi-Oh! series

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Beast of Bourbon posted:

Castlevania series
Contra series
Gradius series
Frogger series
Suikoden series
Ganbare Goemon series
Metal Gear series
Silent Hill series
Yu-Gi-Oh! series

he said make not made

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Beast of Bourbon posted:

Castlevania series
Contra series
Gradius series
Frogger series
Suikoden series
Ganbare Goemon series
Metal Gear series
Silent Hill series
Yu-Gi-Oh! series

they don't make castlevania or contra or ddr or radius or suikoden or goemon or tmnt games anymore

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
konami should make another zombies ate my neighbors game imo

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

konami at this point is kojipro + pes + pachinko

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Beast of Bourbon posted:

Metal Gear series
Silent Hill series
Yu-Gi-Oh! series

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

does this mean silent hills is cancelled

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

i hope they release it as a pachinko machine

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

i hope they release it as a pachinko machine

the true horror is the overdraft fee because you spent your life savings on pachinko

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

As a Millennial I posted:

japanese health clubs

no really

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Ok whos buying a TITAN X card?

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA
AMD released Freesync and basically destroyed Nvidia's Gsync so apparently someone at AMD is actually paying attention?!

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
don't buy amd

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA
that's the thing: it's an open standard. so nvidia could adopt it and kill Gsync and everything would be great

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
is gsync the one where it doesn't corrupt your mouse cursor

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I didn't give a gently caress once Lucasarts finally closed their door a couple of years ago, in fact I was elated that a company like that could finally die and wither away. I am however, devastated that Kojima Productions is ending. I'm not on the verge of tears just yet, but let me tell you a little sotry about my first game I got for the PSX -- it was Metal gear Solid. To this day it remains my favorite game of all time. The 2nd was good, and thr 3rd is deemed the best by the gaming community; however MGS was the one that started it all for me. It lead me into deeper Konami franchises like Silent Hill (speaking of which wasn't the latest SH Kojima-inspired?) It saddens me to think such a company that holds such nostalgia in my heart is going away after 20 odd years. Where does Kojima go from here? Who knows, but the Metal Gear franchise holds such a prominent place in my heart, but I certainly cannot deny that it is broken at the moment. Kojima is obviously a talented developer so even though he is gone from Konami the future is relatively positive for him. I am not so sure, at the moment, willing to forget the past however.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

i got my new heatsink and fan for my processor last night and it was really loud when i first turned it on, like crazy loud. so i opened up my case and turns out the wire for it was getting hit by the fan kind of like a baseball card in the spokes of a bike so i moved it and it is very quiet now and my temps dont go to a million degrees

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

jesus

(that's a dev answering)

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

i got my new heatsink and fan for my processor last night and it was really loud when i first turned it on, like crazy loud. so i opened up my case and turns out the wire for it was getting hit by the fan kind of like a baseball card in the spokes of a bike so i moved it and it is very quiet now and my temps dont go to a million degrees

thank goodness :sweatdrop:

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

Anime Curator posted:

i was very worried because i was like man i really dont want my computer to be this loud this is ridiculous.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
I played some real bideo james last night

rest of pictures

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

I played some real bideo james last night

rest of pictures

there's a potential donkey kong kill screen if anyone is interested

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

no thanks

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

Anime Curator posted:

i too am glad that Dick Spacious, CPA's computer is doing well. all computers should be happy computers, as well as funny computers

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

owning a tron cabinet would own so loving hardddddddddd

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Pinterest Mom posted:

does this mean silent hills is cancelled

i guess since there's del toro and walking dead guy silent hills might be safe but dang

lovely news, especially since konami will inevitably release a lovely metal gear spinoff made by devs that are in way over their heads

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

maybe they'll just give the metal gear series to platinum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Pinterest Mom posted:

maybe they'll just give the metal gear series to platinum

please don't post things that suggest a benevolent god exists

• Locked thread