Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Perry the Platypus
Aug 7, 2009
Steelers fans (RD), if you want any input on the pick, now is the time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Good pick on Brown. He was my second choice for NT if Shelton wasn't available or if I went in a different direction.

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

Gatts posted:

Good pick on Brown. He was my second choice for NT if Shelton wasn't available or if I went in a different direction.

The Bengals definitely need help on the inside to take some pressure off of Geno Atkins. I would be thrilled if he fell to the Bengals in the real draft.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Cleveland is slaying the goon draft in the 1st round

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

We could be really good with... But with a wide receiver our offense could be... [sharts self]

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Perry the Platypus posted:

Steelers fans (RD), if you want any input on the pick, now is the time

Probably the best pick you could have made considering all the top OLB were gone

Perry the Platypus
Aug 7, 2009

Roasted Donut posted:

Probably the best pick you could have made considering all the top OLB were gone

I struggled between Peters, Jalen Collins and the two top dt's, Goldman and Phillips. I didn't feel very good about another height-weight-speed corner from LSU, and didn't think those guys would end up holding down the nose, most people seem to be projecting them as 5 techniques.

I was definitely unpleasantly surprised by the talent drop-off/ lack of prospects at a position of need. I hope the real draft doesn't work out like this and we get Peters in the 2nd :getin:

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Figures! Peat was my original 2nd pick until 2 days ago and seeing how far Parker fell.. I also just lost my primary third pick with Oggy.Nice selections.

Moxie
Aug 2, 2003

Perry the Platypus posted:

I struggled between Peters, Jalen Collins and the two top dt's, Goldman and Phillips. I didn't feel very good about another height-weight-speed corner from LSU, and didn't think those guys would end up holding down the nose, most people seem to be projecting them as 5 techniques.

I was definitely unpleasantly surprised by the talent drop-off/ lack of prospects at a position of need. I hope the real draft doesn't work out like this and we get Peters in the 2nd :getin:

Unfortunately the real draft will probably not give the Steelers a chance at a top corner.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
Nice pick, Arizona dude.

I may have went Arik Armstead instead due to our lack of young DTs/DEs and he as a bookend with Campbell would be amazing.

Arabian Jesus
Feb 15, 2008

We've got the American Jesus
Bolstering national faith

Overwhelming millions every day

If any Denver fans want to share their input I'm all ears. I have to imagine that they'll move around in the draft depending on who is left on the board.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Arabian Jesus posted:

If any Denver fans want to share their input I'm all ears. I have to imagine that they'll move around in the draft depending on who is left on the board.

Waste a first rounder on a PeyPey successor.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
I have a pick I like for the Ravens but I think I know what everyone else wants... hmmm...

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

Whoops, sorry for the bit of a hold up. Pretty happy that Flowers was on the board though, I think he's as good as any LT prospect in the draft, and lord knows the Panthers need someone decent there.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
ThIs is getting dicey. My list is dwindling down for round 2. Good pick in Flowers.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I updated the Pick thread OP with the Round 2 pick order. Its almost completely different because there were a poo poo ton of tie-breakers last year. I used wikipedia for the specific order and adjusted it accordingly. Could someone be so kind as to double check and make sure I didn't gently caress anything up? Thanks.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

Looks right to me.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

TheFlyingLlama posted:

Whoops, sorry for the bit of a hold up. Pretty happy that Flowers was on the board though, I think he's as good as any LT prospect in the draft, and lord knows the Panthers need someone decent there.

Nice choice.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Pick is in. Tough choice, but I felt like the DL talent-level drops off this year faster than some other positions of need.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Fenrir posted:

DT, ILB, TE, possibly CB.

The only ILB in this entire draft I hear much of anything about is Mckinney from MSU, and Danny Shelton, NT from Washington is already picked. I kinda think if this is the case come real draft day, the Packers may trade out of the 1st round. We don't have that option here so I'm looking for someone who isn't a total reach.

If you're still looking for suggestions, The Maxx is still available :v:

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Good man Finch. The only guys who could reasonably fall that might be as good a fit as Strong are Peters and Gurley, both of whom have serious questions and were, you know, already taken. You done real good.

http://youtu.be/q7CX_5D6y6E

Arabian Jesus
Feb 15, 2008

Bolstering national faith

Overwhelming millions every day

ShakeZula posted:

Pick is in. Tough choice, but I felt like the DL talent-level drops off this year faster than some other positions of need.

Solid pick, I was contemplating picking him and hoping a center would be on the board in the 2nd but ended up deciding that keeping Manning alive is more important.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Arabian Jesus posted:

Solid pick, I was contemplating picking him and hoping a center would be on the board in the 2nd but ended up deciding that keeping Manning alive is more important.

And that's why you'll never be a HoF-er like Bill Polian.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

ShakeZula posted:

Yeah, I didn't really plan to go RB so early with a class this deep but Gordon was the clear BPA there and a position of need so I said gently caress IT STICKIN' TO THE BIG BOARD

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
I think I know where I'm going, but any Raider goons want to PM me for suggestions, feel free

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Good man Finch. The only guys who could reasonably fall that might be as good a fit as Strong are Peters and Gurley, both of whom have serious questions and were, you know, already taken. You done real good.

http://youtu.be/q7CX_5D6y6E
Honestly, I wanted to pick Maxx Williams since Peters got yanked.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
I've got three possibilities for pick 31.

All are punters.

This is not a smoke screen.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Here comes the run on FSU players! Come boys, lets keep it going, we still have this Ronald Darby or PJ Williams or Tre Jackson to take.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Oh hell, I didn't know this thread was already up. Surprised Gregory fell so far.

warcrimes posted:

I think I know where I'm going, but any Raider goons want to PM me for suggestions, feel free

With Gurley and Gordon off the board, it's w/e. And it was me who did the Al Davis Memorial Draft last year. I snagged Jeff Janis in like, the 3rd too. Although Aaron Donald over Khalil Mack looks like it would've turned out fair enough to not be stupid, surprisingly.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
Sorry just got back from work, pick coming shortly.

There. Honestly though I think the Packers would trade out of the 1st round here.

Fenrir fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Mar 19, 2015

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Fenrir posted:

Sorry just got back from work, pick coming shortly.

There. Honestly though I think the Packers would trade out of the 1st round here.

Hilarious, I had this post queue'd up but checked to see that you'd make your pick-

quote:

Paging Fenrir to the Draft thread, c'mon, son, Eric Kendricks gotta eat!

e: great pick, btw

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
For fun, I took the (harmonic) mean of the rankings of 6 of the major big boards floating around, and made one big aggregated Big Board.

It really likes our draft so far. But it does also think I took Fowler too early (and that Gregory fell too far).

It also really likes the Peat and Gordon picks, but says the DGB was probably a bit of a reach. It doesn't know wtf for Stephone Anthony.

Finally, it thinks there are two glaring omissions so far that will be steals at this point.

edit: if anybody is interested, the aggregate top 15 (since they're already drafted and it doesn't matter this point) is:
Williams
Mariota
Winston
Gregory
Cooper
White
Fowler
Ray (high variance)
Scherff
Collins
Beasley
Gordon (high variance)
Waynes
Shelton
Parker

Forever_Peace fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Mar 20, 2015

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Yeah, I didn't really expect Gordon to make it past Arizona

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

warcrimes posted:

Hilarious, I had this post queue'd up but checked to see that you'd make your pick-

e: great pick, btw

Haha awesome.

Hell, I really wouldn't mind it at all if the Packers really do make that pick (if Danny Shelton is gone, which he probably will be)

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Sort of surprised by how the first round is going, but I'm happy to beef up the Saints D. I wonder if the two guys I still want will be there in round 2....who knows?

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Silly Burrito posted:

Sort of surprised by how the first round is going, but I'm happy to beef up the Saints D. I wonder if the two guys I still want will be there in round 2....who knows?

Yeah, Gregory/JCollins is a pretty excellent haul.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Come on sean10mm! Close it out with the Patriots pick!

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Gatts posted:

Come on sean10mm! Close it out with the Patriots pick!

Yeah, Kevin Johnson/Ron Darby gotta eat!

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

warcrimes posted:

Yeah, Kevin Johnson/Ron Darby gotta eat!

YAY! Now on to Round 2! FOUR TIME FOUR TIME FOUR TIME FOUR TIME CHAMPIONS!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Gatts posted:

YAY! Now on to Round 2! FOUR TIME FOUR TIME FOUR TIME FOUR TIME CHAMPIONS!

Gotta say, didn't see that one coming, well done, muscle hamster

• Locked thread