Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

vibratingsheep posted:

Would you believe if I said that, in another thread on this very forum, there is video footage of me commentating a money match of Neo Turf Masters? What if I claimed that we're trying to acquire one of these machines to see if we can run our own version of Sausage Fest?

Yes because neo turf masters is fabulous and also I may have watched that video already!

Oshiete Your Heart looks balls hard from what I'm seeing here on the tournament footage, dude made one wrong choice out of two and it instantly ended the game. This is surprisingly entertaining to watch though just because of how goddamn into it the commentators are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catalina
May 20, 2008

vibratingsheep posted:

It's 1997's Tokimeki Memorial: Oshiete Your Heart, the one affectionately known as "The one you stick your finger into." It has a biosensor that measures perspiration and heart rate, and certain responses only work at certain levels of excitement/calm. It's pretty hilarious.

Oh man, that link goes to Hitoshi Doi's anime page, which was introduced me to pretty much all of the series I would order via VHS fansubs from. (Back in my day, kids, we didn't have that fancy "Streaming Video" on our 56k modems, and we certainly didn't have "Companies that thought Shoujo series were reliably financially viable." If you wanted your Marmalade Boy or your SAILOR MOON UNCUT in English, you had to mail cash or a money order to someone over the internet and pray they would copy fansubtitled tapes and send them to you.)

Fake Edit: Seeing all those episode titles of 90's/early 2000's anime is making me want to go on a theme song downloading binge.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.

Catalina posted:

Oh man, that link goes to Hitoshi Doi's anime page, which was introduced me to pretty much all of the series I would order via VHS fansubs from. (Back in my day, kids, we didn't have that fancy "Streaming Video" on our 56k modems, and we certainly didn't have "Companies that thought Shoujo series were reliably financially viable." If you wanted your Marmalade Boy or your SAILOR MOON UNCUT in English, you had to mail cash or a money order to someone over the internet and pray they would copy fansubtitled tapes and send them to you.)

Fake Edit: Seeing all those episode titles of 90's/early 2000's anime is making me want to go on a theme song downloading binge.

Seconding the "Hitoshi Doi! My childhood! :swoon:" feels. I used that site so much back in the 90s :allears:

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
Man, I never did see the endings of Marmalade Boy or D4 Princess.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax
you gals old

Alpha3KV
Mar 30, 2011

Quex Chest
I kind of like how this is close to the very first thing seen in that arcade game when they get to the actual gameplay:

Yuina was right about koalas.

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Ardeem posted:

Man, I never did see the endings of Marmalade Boy or D4 Princess.

That reminds me, there was actually a Marmalade Boy dating sim game for Super Famicom and Game Boy. :psyduck:

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Alpha3KV posted:

I kind of like how this is close to the very first thing seen in that arcade game when they get to the actual gameplay:

Yuina was right about koalas.
If you think koalas are bad, you've never had a run-in with a drop bear.

FrostyJones
Sep 23, 2012

vibratingsheep posted:

Would you believe if I said that, in another thread on this very forum, there is video footage of me commentating a money match of Neo Turf Masters? What if I claimed that we're trying to acquire one of these machines to see if we can run our own version of Sausage Fest?

What I'm trying to say is, my friends are a bunch of knuckleheads who will run a tournament for anything.

NorCal :allears:

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.

Catalina posted:

That reminds me, there was actually a Marmalade Boy dating sim game for Super Famicom and Game Boy. :psyduck:

But does it include the love hexagons? :allears:

Reverend Cheddar
Nov 6, 2005

wriggle cat is happy

Catalina posted:

I love that he optimized his profile page for smartphones. The website is straight outta 1994.

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

This seems like a good game. I quite like it so far.

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Fudou, Gunzou. The Face of the Franchise Killer. 2004.
Getting back into the saddle with a translation/chat stream. New post later tonight.

http://www.twitch.tv/vibratingsheep

Stream over - back to what is hopefully going to be a normal posting schedule... next post Sunday, hopefully.

vibratingsheep fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Apr 10, 2015

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Tokimemo Girl's Side 2, Chapter 4: It was all a dream

Sorry for the long hiatus. March was an awful month and I am glad that it is over. But, on the plus side, the hiatus coincided with me restarting TMGS 2 anyway. We've learned enough about the game and the characters to make much more solid decisions about Siren's high school life, and while I'm sticking as close to the polls as possible, there are a few changes that need to be made for Siren's own good.

Step 1: Siren's ideal boy is now "A little arrogant, and handsome of course"

This is important for Haruhi-related reasons, as it lets us meet Harry early while also letting me show off a new and exciting game mechanic later.

Step 2: Siren joins the track team

This will help get Masaki's attention, but it's also pretty fun to read through because Wakaoji is an even bigger dork than we realized at first.

Siren: (Alright! I'm gonna join the track team and try to become a top athlete!)

Just like every other sports team ever in the Tokimemo series, the Hanegasaki track team holds compulsory practice on the third Sunday of every month. It'll cramp our style a little bit, but what's a Tokimemo without arbitrary obstacles, anyway?

Siren: Oh, hi Wakaoji-sensei.
Wakaoji: Fudou-san. Hi - are you joining the team?
Siren: Yeah... but what are you doing here, Wakaoji-sensei?

Wakaoji: Would you believe that I'm the team's faculty advisor?
Wakaoji: Sometimes, I nearly forget that myself.
Siren: No way...
Wakaoji: Anyway, I'll pretty much be your trainer from here on. Let's have fun.
Siren: Y, yes sir! I'll work hard!

Step 3: Suck face with Harry (accidentally)

Siren: (Oh no! I'm gonna be late for the next class!)
Siren: Eeek!

Harry's face should be preserved in the Louvre, it's so mysterious and alluring here. As tempted as any girl would be to stick her tongue down his throat then and there, we have to restrain ourselves and peck him on his cheek.

Also, please stop asking me to lick their eyeballs. It's weird.

Siren: Owwwww...
Siren: (I think my lips brushed against something - could it be...)
Harry: Ow! Hey, you!
Harry: You just... just k...
Siren: Just what?

Harry: K-kissed my cheek, didn't you?
Siren: What?! No way, did I really kiss you?

Harry: Not many people can do that to me, you know!
Harry: Especially with what's gonna happen soon!

Harry: You're a lucky girl.
Harry: Some day, you'll be able to brag about this, you know!
Harry: Later!
Siren: (Did he really just say that? How could I ever brag about this?!)

Those are the two big differences - and now, back to the regular format!

5/14: System tutorials with Yuu

In TMGS2, consulting Yuu does not cost any time. But certain options do cost you some dignity...

Siren: Yuu-kun, do you have a second?
Yuu: Yeah, lemme just open my window.
Yuu: Hey sis, what's up?
Siren: You said that I could ask you anything if I had questions, right?
Yuu: Yeah, I did.
Yuu: Oh, so did you want to ask me something right now?
Option 1: I want to know what people think of me
Option 2: I want more info about people
Option 3: I want intimacy lessons

Siren: I want to know what people think of me.

Affection ratings in TMGS2 are really, really easy to read instead of being arbitrarily defined smiley faces. None of these affection ratings are surprising at all - Teru and Wakaoji start with low affection because they're available from the start of the game, while Harry starts with slightly higher than normal because of the results of Siren's quiz. Haruhi's affection level is getting turbocharged faster than normal because we've been prioritizing Social and Fashion in the early game in order to qualify for some events, which means a whole lot of hanging out with her.

And, because you always have to do everything once...

Siren: I want an intimacy lesson.

The Japanese term for this is "skinship", which sounds like even more of a crime than "intimacy" does, so I'll just stick to that word, thanks.

Yuu: Huh. Wait right there, I'll head over.

Oh God what have I done please don't call the cops

Yuu: There are three techniques to intimacy: the Touch, the Slide, and the Rub.
Yuu: To Touch, just tap the screen.
Yuu: You can use it to stare, or when you want to touch something.
Yuu: To Slide, draw a straight line along the screen.
Yuu: If you Slide along someone's head, it's like teasing them.
Yuu: Sliding on someone's body will do things like draw close to them, or link arms with them.
Yuu: To Rub, you just slide back and forth a bunch of times.
Yuu: You can pet someone's hair, or pull on their arm.
Yuu: A soft Touch and a brisk Rub mean totally different things.
Yuu: So be careful when choosing where to touch and which intimacy technique you want to use, okay?

Yuu: So, let's give it a shot!

Vibratingsheep: Can I say no?
Game: Of course not!
Vibratingsheep: Goddammit

Yuu: First up...
Yuu: Try to hold hands with me, okay?

Yuu: What, you mean you don't want to hold hands?

I tried, dear readers. I tried. But I failed and I am not sorry.

Yuu: You know, you have to touch your partner's hand softly or it won't work.

So apparently, that little tug was the equivalent of a judo throw. I'm okay with this.

Yuu: Alright, so next...
Yuu: Tease me around my mouth.

Does vomiting count? No? Okay.

Yuu: Nice one, sis!
Yuu: Hahaha, that tickles.

Yuu: Okay, let's wrap this up...
Yuu: Tease me around my eyes, okay?

Oh this can only go well

Yuu: Nice one, sis!
Yuu: But you should probably keep the teasing to a minimum, okay?

Yuu: There are a few things I'm still worried about, but I'm sure you'll get used to it soon and do well!

Yuu: And if you need someone to practice on, I'm okay with helping you out whenever you want.

Well, in for a penny, in for a pound.

Being a girl is hard.

Yuu: Is there anything else you wanted to know?
Siren: No.
Yuu: Ahem. Isn't it amazing that I'm so smart? Call me whenever you need me again!

Sorry, Yuu, but that Flowers By Irene truck across the street suggests that I should never talk to you ever again.

Next time: Back to normal (by Haruhi standards)

vibratingsheep fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Apr 10, 2015

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
well that was loving horrifying let us never speak of this again

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

Welcome back!

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Sometimes I wish there was an option to pay and change the thread title for a day.

Let's Play Tokimeki Memorial Girl's Side 2: "Sis, You Should Probably Keep the Teasing to a Minimum, Okay?"

Seriously though, welcome back, Sheep! :)

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Welcome ba-oh. Oh.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

If that's what happens when you return, please never leave again.

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

senrath posted:

If that's what happens when you return, please never leave again.

Agreed. I'm still reeling.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Lemme guess, you're expected to use your finger, not the super thin stylus which is your emulator cursor.

Fang Blade Havoc
Jun 8, 2011

Luke what are you doing, stop that
I don't think I've ever tried to use my finger in TMGS, but for other DS games it doesn't really recognize the wide area of a fingertip at all, you have to tap with the tip of your fingernail for it to register, in my experience. I know it's common practice to use your fingers for the expert modes of the Taiko DS games, but I think that's still the tip of your fingernail (that's like the only game I've really bothered trying to use fingers instead of styluses).

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Yeah, the DS line has a resistive touchscreen and not a capacitive one like a smartphone. It can only register one small input at a time.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.
Welcome back, I guess it nice seeing the whole Japan being Japan isn't limited to men and can be equal opportunities for both Men and Women's.

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Giovanni_Sinclair posted:

Welcome back, I guess it nice seeing the whole Japan being Japan isn't limited to men and can be equal opportunities for both Men and Women's.

Trust me, that rabbit hole is somewhere you don't want to go.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.

Catalina posted:

Trust me, that rabbit hole is somewhere you don't want to go.

Oh I know how far it can go just kinda surprise seeing it here.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Rubbing the wrong boys the right way.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Would that tutorial be better or worse if he pulled out a movie poster or body pillow?

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

Glazius posted:

Would that tutorial be better or worse if he pulled out a movie poster or body pillow?

Only if the poster/pillow had Sylvester Stallone on it.

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

I'm working on the next post and not just watching cartoons on Disney XD, I swear.

But seriously though, why didn't anyone tell me that Gravity Falls has a dating sim episode?!

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

Didn't know what gravity falls was 'til you mentioned it and I looked it up. Should I watch it?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

BattleCattle posted:

Didn't know what gravity falls was 'til you mentioned it and I looked it up. Should I watch it?

Yes. By all means, yes. It's the best cartoon in a while and it's just great in both story and characters. Gets really dark for something meant for children too.

Also I'm really, really surprised that episode did not come up in the thread at any point.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
Gravity Falls is great. A modern cartoon with production values and actual makes-me-laugh humor. I have a feeling that the dating sim episode (or gifs of it) was a lot of people's introduction to the series.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."
Soos and the Real Girl (the dating sim ep) is probably my favorite episode of the whole series. Hell, Soos is my favorite character, too.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
I went and watched the archived versions of your Disgaea 5 streams so far, Sheep. Good show as always on your end - it's just a shame about the chat. I hate to just poo poo on something run by your mates, and I don't want to begrudge their viewers their fun... but I kind of want to begrudge their viewers their fun.

Charlett
Apr 2, 2011

vibratingsheep posted:

But seriously though, why didn't anyone tell me that Gravity Falls has a dating sim episode?!

My favorite part was that it was really obviously looking at stuff like Tokimeki. It even used Tokimeki Memorial 1's plot.

"When the cherry petals of Magic Romance Academy are in bloom... anthyding can hadplen! That is so true..."

Charlett fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Apr 13, 2015

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

vibratingsheep posted:

That is relevant to your interests, isn't it? Sorry about that.

For reference, it was boarded several months before Five Nights At Freddy's, too.

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Tokimemo Girl's Side 2, chapter 5: The fuse is lit and I'm about to go

5/22: Actual teaching work

Wakaoji: Umm, uh, ahem. Please listen up, everyone.
Wakaoji: I was thinking of having a field trip next Sunday. What do you think?
Wakaoji: If you have time, please come and take part. I don't want to do this alone, that's kind of sad.

Siren: (I wonder what I should do...)
Siren: Raise my hand.
Siren: (Alright, I'll go!)
Wakaoji: Let's see... okay, it looks like plenty of you will be coming, so that's a relief.
Wakaoji: Thanks to all of you who volunteered. Homeroom is over.
Siren: (I need to make sure I don't sleep in this Sunday.)

5/26: Harry's own little world

Because Harry was the first kiss, his dialogue changes in our first after-school encounter with him.

Siren: (Oh, it's Harry.)
Siren: (I'll ask him if he wants to walk home with me)
Siren: Harry!
Harry: 'Sup?
Harry: ...What, are you hoping for another shot?
Siren: A shot at what? I don't know what you're getting at.
Siren: Anyway, I was wondering if you wanted to walk home with me.

Harry: Sure. But I won't let my guard down this time.
Harry: I need to show you how that was something special, something not just anyone can waltz up and--
Siren: "That"?
Siren: OH! You mean the kiss?

Harry: D, don't say that so loud!
Harry: ...Let's get out of here.
Siren: Uh, okay.
Siren: (I had fun walking home with Harry.)

I may be biased by decades of painfully oblivious heroines in teen dramas, but Siren seems to have an unusually good head on her shoulders. The other option is that she's so oblivious that she goes straight through the other side into having some kind of crazy insight into her own genre. I choose to believe the former, but the latter is entirely possible.

5/28: The first field trip

Siren: (Everyone's already here... except for the teacher.)

Wakaoji: Good morning. You're all here early.
Siren: You're late, Sensei.
Wakaoji: What? I'm so sorry, everyone.

Wakaoji: Well, let's get moving.

Wakaoji's move to the touch screen signals some upcoming Skinship, and I already know what to do.

Wakaoji: If you push me like that, I'll fall over.

Okay, that was not what I expected at all. Why does that line come with hearts? And did I just try to cut off his tie?

Wakaoji: The movie is going to start pretty soon, so we can't just wait around. Follow me.
Siren: Umm, Sensei! You're going the wrong way, the entrance is that way!
Wakaoji: Oh. Well then. Let's go that way instead.

Wakaoji: Let's see... there are some open seats over there.
Wakaoji: Watch your step, everyone.

I believe that this movie is supposed to be LA Confidential, but I can't help but see it as Roger Ebert interviewing a golfer.

Wakaoji: *yawn*
Wakaoji: That was a nice nap.
Option 1: Seriously? On a field trip?
Option 2: Want me to give you a synopsis?
Option 3: I was pretty sleepy myself.

Siren: Want me to give you a synopsis?
Wakaoji: Thanks, you're a lifesaver! I'm glad you came.
Siren: (Yay! I made a great impression!)

Siren: I learned a lot on this field trip!
Wakaoji: Yes, very well done.
Wakaoji: As your teacher, I really enjoy learning alongside all of you.
Wakaoji: Now, everyone, please give a round of applause for today's top student!
Wakaoji: Thank you.
Wakaoji: Alright, that's it for today. I'll see you all at school.

6/1: The apple falls not far from the very very special tree

Siren: (Oh no, the bell's ringing! I need to pick up the pace!)
???: Eek!
Siren: Oh no! I'm so sorry!

???: You're a first-year student, aren't you?
???: A lady like you should not run so recklessly.
???: It's improper.
Siren: I'm sorry! I was in a hurry. Umm, do you mind telling me your name?

Himeko: My name is Hanatsubaki Himeko. Call me Himeko, please.
Siren: What? Hanatsubaki?! As in Hanatsubaki Goro, the leading fashion designer? Are you--
Himeko: Yes, Goro-sensei is Himeko's uncle.

Himeko: So, if you want to know anything about fashion, just leave it to Himeko :love:
Himeko: I'll teach you oh so much...
Siren: I... see. Thanks.

There are so many alarm bells going off in my head that I just want to drop everything and run, I'm going to be honest here.

Himeko: Tee-hee :love:
Himeko: What a cutie. I think I may just call you "Daisy".
Siren: Huh? Daisy?
Himeko: In the language of flowers, it means hope, and innocence.
Himeko: Doesn't it fit you to a T? My impish little Daisy :love:
Siren: Uhhh, I dunno. Now that you mention it, maybe, I guess?

No one. NO ONE. Uses that many hearts in their speech without being incredibly dangerous.

Girl A: Himeko-sama! Where have you gone?
Girl B: Homeroom is about to start! Please hurry!
Himeko: Oh dear! Himeko must excuse herself.
Himeko: However, please--take this.

Himeko: Tee-hee :love: See you soon?
Siren: Hey, wait!
Siren: And she's gone. What's this? A card?
Siren: (Camellia Club Chair, Hanatsubaki Himeko. Homepage at...)
Siren: (Oh crap, I still need to hurry to class!)

At this point, Himeko's Room unlocks in the weekend browser, to check out the usual collection of popular outfits, good colors, and lucky accessories.

6/4: The double date

Since Harry was the first kiss, his dialogue changes at the beginning of the double date.

Harry: Wha--you--what're you doing here?
Siren: What's that supposed to mean? Haruhi invited me, just like you.
Harry: O--oh, I see.

Harry: Hey, make sure you watch where you're going this time, okay?
Harry: Don't run with your head down and crash into anyone.
Siren: Sure, I guess?

The rest is unchanged, so we let Haruhi have Harry for the day.

6/10: Sports festival, year 1.

While Siren is a member of the track team, that's far from her focus in this run - which means that she'll need some assistance in the events if she wants to do well. Unfortunately, in this run...

Siren: I'll join the three-legged race!
Siren: Who can I partner with, though?
Harry: What're you doing around here, Ren?
Siren: I was looking for someone to run the three-legged race with.

Harry: What, are you itching that badly to team up with me?
Siren: Huh?
Harry: I guess my hands are tied. Let's do this!
Siren: Um, okay!

It's hard to figure out who's more confused here, is Siren just oblivious or is Harry just so out of left field that any reasonable person would be confused at his attitude?

Harry: I run with you and we get first place? That's pretty lucky.

And then, at the folk dance, Harry shows up.

Siren: (Looks like my next dance partner is Harry.)
Harry: Oh, it's you. Alright, you can add this to the list of things you can brag about!

6/11: Read Himeko's column, then go shopping

How do you do, everyone?
This is Hanatsubaki Himeko.
In my uncle's place, I've opened "Himeko's Room".
If you obey my every word, then you will be sure to turn the head of every gentleman on the street!

The current trend is summer sweaters!

The color blue is excellent.

And adding an earring to your ensemble is just wonderful.

Remember to keep checking Himeko's Room! Chao!

6/10: Shopping, and then...

With an extra month of wages and allowance, Siren gets to go absolutely nuts. But she isn't the only one...

Siren: (Is that Harry over there? And Haruhi-chan's with him...)
Haruhi: No, no, that ain't no good!
Haruhi: I'm tellin' ya, that ain't in style!

Harry: And I'm saying that I rock so hard, I don't need to be controlled by fads!

Harry: ...And besides, all the clothes you pick out are things I've never even thought of wearing before.
Haruhi: Ya can't act like a picky brat!

Harry: Sh, shut up!
Harry: That's it, I've made up my mind! I'm not gonna wear anything you pick out!
Haruhi: Wait, what? This ain't nothin' ta get so mad about!
Harry: I'm not mad!

Siren: Hey, you two, what's going on?
Harry: Oh, hey Ren.
Haruhi: ...
Harry: This girl said she'd pick out an outfit for my next show, so we went shopping...

Harry: Whoa, hey!
Siren: Haruhi-chan? What's wrong?!

Haruhi: *sniffle*
Siren: Harry...

Harry: What? How is this my fault?!
Harry: Stop looking at me like that!

Haruhi: Ren... it ain't like that...
Haruhi: It's all my fault...
Haruhi: It's because I called Harry a brat.
Harry: Hey, stop saying brat!

Siren: ...
Harry: Ugh...

Harry: Okay, fine! It won't hurt me to take a look. But just a look!

Haruhi: Ya don't need ta strain yerself, ya know?
Harry: It's fine! C'mon, let's go back inside!

Haruhi: ...He gone yet?
Siren: Huh?

Haruhi: Geeeeeez, Harry's so hard-headed!
Haruhi: These tears are gonna cost 'im, ya know!

I missed you, Haruhi.

Haruhi: That glare ya gave him worked like a charm!
Haruhi: Thanks fer the help, I really owe ya!
Haruhi: Seeya~!
Siren: (She said all that jokingly, but Haruhi really did look like she was about to cry there.)

Next time: It's raining men!

Reverend Cheddar
Nov 6, 2005

wriggle cat is happy
My spidey sense is tingling about Himeko something... fierce.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catalina
May 20, 2008

vibratingsheep posted:

I believe that this movie is supposed to be LA Confidential, but I can't help but see it as Roger Ebert interviewing a golfer.

I'm pretty sure it's Farenheit 9/11 (2004) and those two people are George W. Bush and Michael Moore.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJvRUL81ZU8

:psyduck:

• Locked thread