Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will choke away the Super Bowl this year
Dubs
human being Guy
Dave
Havoc
Waah
Yuzenn
I'm gay
the CPU
View Results

• Locked thread
davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
I'm free today/tonight Titans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!
I'll play my game against the CPU this evening.

Depending on when we advance, how is your schedule looking Dubious? Looking forward to our playoff rubber match from the previous two seasons. It will probably consist alot of Murray and Blount breaking 2-3 tackles on every play.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

Havoc904 posted:

I'll play my game against the CPU this evening.

Depending on when we advance, how is your schedule looking Dubious? Looking forward to our playoff rubber match from the previous two seasons. It will probably consist alot of Murray and Blount breaking 2-3 tackles on every play.

probably Friday, or Saturday.

And I expect the same; in my win against Valtar I threw the ball 8 times. My lone incomplete was a pick on a 3rd and 18 bomb that was basically a punt.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
Is there a possibility of us setting a day for the draft like we did in the Bizarro league? It just helps because I can clear my schedule ahead of time. I have to know by Tommorow or else it's just whatever days I don't have anything at night.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
I don't even haven't heard from Bonham yet, so I don't even know when we're going to play.

Bonham
Aug 14, 2009

Kill! Kill! Kill!

davecrazy posted:

I don't even haven't heard from Bonham yet, so I don't even know when we're going to play.

I'll get on around 6 cst

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Piper let's play at 9 est?

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets
I can go whenever, 9 is good but so is right now

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Snow game! Stream is still up.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Uhm try again?

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

You crash or something? It's not loading.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Jets advance 53-23. The Titans defense held the Jets to 101 yards passing but David Wilson rushed for 364 yards and 5TDs in a snowy, windy MetLife stadium.

GG.

We advance after Jags/Oakland gets their game in.

davecrazy fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Mar 20, 2015

Bonham
Aug 14, 2009

Kill! Kill! Kill!
Was a cool game full of bombs and big plays until the Jets monster o line started destroying me every play on power and stretch. After throwing picks on two consecutive drives in the 4th I was kinda drunk and woke my wife up cackling while I ran a drive of only fake punts and fake FG. Something about the snow really made that game weird, it was gigantic running lanes every other play, and it doesn't help that I kept diving at air like a big gay puppy while you sonned me with spin moves over and over.
GG Titans exeunt

E: Also Dave wasn't running up the score I was just guessing run up the middle every play by 3:00 left in the 4th while in punt block

Bonham fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Mar 20, 2015

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I couldn't pass anyways. Once you started crashing in I went to outside pitches and stretch runs. Once Wilson got around the edge it was bad news.

That was my lowest passing performance by far. Goodwin couldn't get a step no matter what.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Man... Piper just tied it 35-35 with 4 seconds left with a Hail Mary play. Argh!

sigh.. I lose. Should've gone for it on 4th in OT

Paperback Writer fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Mar 20, 2015

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets
Holy poo poo what a game. A Hail Mary to tie with 4 seconds left then we both force a billion punts in OT until the Jags run game breaks through. Hell of a game, Paperback.

We both went on 21-0 runs in regulation. Unbelievable back and forth all game.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

We advanced.

Jets/Jags are playing now.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Jets are going back to the Super Bowl. 35-7.

:siren: NFC Championship :siren:

Cowboys/Buccaneers

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
Wow things move so fast during the playoffs.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

If everything breaks right we can draft Sunday night or Monday.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
Sunday nights are something I'm never going to be able to do only during the day. I'll have to wait and see what my workload is for next week now.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Havoc, let's do this tomorrow around 5 PST.

Winner gets to try knock off Dave who is on a spree of running up the score against goons!

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Lets play the Superbowl tonight, no matter who wins please. This weekend sucks for me.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

Dubious posted:

Havoc, let's do this tomorrow around 5 PST.

Winner gets to try knock off Dave who is on a spree of running up the score against goons!

You mean tonight right? I'm just sitting here, playing with my Manziels.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Havoc904 posted:

You mean tonight right? I'm just sitting here, playing with my Manziels.

I can go in like an hour, long day at work drinking beer at work

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
Got my workload for the week, I can draft Monday or Thursday night after 8. Tuesday and Wednesday wouldn't be until after 10.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

One of you going to stream?

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

davecrazy posted:

One of you going to stream?

twitch.tv/havoc904

Woooooo, we are starting now.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

wow the clutch INT.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Can you play the Super Bowl now?

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

davecrazy posted:

Can you play the Super Bowl now?

Can you give me like 15-20 minutes to take a quick break and everything?

Woooooooo, I love you Blount. I did a good game of locking down Murray a bit in the first quarter before he busted loose in the 2nd half, mainly because I was calling more passing defense. Had to start calling alot of QB spys or Griffin would immediately roll out for a first down.

Need to mark my controllers, the horribley shanked field goals seem more likely to happen with one of them. That really almost bit me in the rear end.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Sure invite out. I'll be here tho.

davecrazy fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Mar 21, 2015

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

:siren: SuperBowl XLI :siren:

Jets/Cowboys

Can the Cowboys go undefeated? Can the Jets win the championship after coming so close last season?

This has all the makings of an all time game. 16-0 vs 15-1.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
That inexcusable pick six was the deciding margin, and I have no idea wtf you were doing on those chip shots.

I knew I'd get you to bite on one of those underneath zones to Rudolph eventually and it paid off at the end, but my receivers had too much trouble getting any separation on that last drive when i needed it the most and I ran out of magical fairy bullshit, because Demarco was done for the day.

On nearly all of those scrambles, it was definitely not what I wanted to do but your DBs were just blanketing and my reads would all be dangerous.

Dubious fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Mar 21, 2015

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Here we go!!

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

davecrazy posted:

:siren: SuperBowl XLI :siren:

Jets/Cowboys

Can the Cowboys go undefeated? Can the Jets win the championship after coming so close last season?

This has all the makings of an all time game. 16-0 vs 15-1.

Wooooooo, we are getting started and my stream is still up.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
Hey Dubious I'm not sure how all this trading is going to go, ill put Luck up on the block once we advance and in hoping someone will bite right away. After that we can complete our deal.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Jets win an OT thriller 23-17.

SS Robert Blanton is the MVP. He had two INTs one a (user) pick 6.

Jets WR Marquise Goodwin had 156 yards and the game winning TD.

I actually called the Seattle slant play from this years SuperBowl. It worked!

davecrazy fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Mar 21, 2015

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

Man, that was a really fun game. I finally got better playing over the top, so not having all of those huge passes really helped keep me in the game. I couldn't believe that sack and fumble I got on your quarterback on my 13, then you promptly threw a 50 yard bomb.

I also almost got another fumble on that winning drive in overtime. I overcame throwing some really dumb interceptions (like going for the exact same curl route on the goal line to my TE that was picked off the second time). Good to see I could hit a long field goal in this game though!

While it sucks to never win the superbowl, its awesome to have such great games getting there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

:siren: Week 1 FA :siren:

Resign your players before they hit the open market. Use your franchise tag.

Jets are losing 10 players to FA, most of them scrub UDFA depth guys from last years draft.

The SuperBowl MVP balked at his very reasonable contract offer so he got franchised.

The Jets have about 60 mill in cap space to work with.

Cowboys lose 4 players to retirement; Julius Peppers, Steve Smith, Logan Mankins, and Ed Reed.

Mike Vick hung em up.

Darren McFadden and Jeremiah Ratliff are done too.

Raiders lose Woodson and Boley.

Pete Carroll and the Colts HC retired.

davecrazy fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Mar 21, 2015

• Locked thread