Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Cricket
This poll is closed.
Blackface in crowd 129 55.36%
References to Lord of the Rings 104 44.64%
Total: 233 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

I know we laugh about the stupid control percentage stat, but how is Watto at 88% when he has spend most of his innings flailing at bouncers and trying to get out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dumb Username
Oct 20, 2012

BlindSite posted:

Lol suck It Riaz that's karma for being a giant douchebag

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Different type of game though. The way of beating Australia is to put pressure on the fragile like lunatics with the ball. India don't bowl as well.

subroc
Jun 5, 2004

Classic Big Show

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

Burn Down Canberra posted:

Different type of game though. The way of beating Australia is to put pressure on the fragile like lunatics with the ball. India don't bowl as well.

Idk, the main feature of India's recent for to me has been their pace attack and their use of the short ball. Shami, Yadav, Sharma would be watching this innings with interest.

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:
It's set up nicely for Faulkner to finish off another match

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

EMC posted:

I know we laugh about the stupid control percentage stat, but how is Watto at 88% when he has spend most of his innings flailing at bouncers and trying to get out?

I think for whatever reason it only counts scoring shots

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

If Riaz doesn't get man of the match it's because of racism.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Smorgasbord posted:

Idk, the main feature of India's recent for to me has been their pace attack and their use of the short ball. Shami, Yadav, Sharma would be watching this innings with interest.

Smith has scored like a gazillion runs this summer against India. I know they are probably due against us and all but its not exactly the same.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
That sure was a thing by maxwell

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Maxwell owns

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Maxwell plays like he's drunk, it kind of owns but, then i realise he might play shots like this when the world cup is on the line

Jon Von Anchovi
Sep 5, 2014

:australia:

EMC posted:

Flailing without contact = "left ball"

What the actual gently caress was that maxwell

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

That was a crazy shot.

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:
Maxwell :chanpop:

masterpine
Dec 3, 2014

Shot of the tournament

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

subroc posted:

Classic Big Show

Someone stitch this together with him moving two feet outside off, leaving the ball and getting bowled tia

Pudding Space
Mar 19, 2014
Does Maxwell realise there's about 120 balls left?

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

I can't wait for Maxwell to be a world cup winner.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Less a shot and more "gently caress its gonna hit me"

Machinegunboyo
Apr 26, 2010

life is good
how are we letting maxwell and watson clown us

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
He's like those video games where you have to coordinate the character by controlling each limb individually with a different key....except it looks more retarded.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
Honestly, after so many years of Channel 9's useless commentary its been unbelievably refreshing to hear Alison Mitchell on ABC Grandstand.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Windmill Hut posted:

Maxwell plays like he's drunk, it kind of owns but, then i realise he might play shots like this when the world cup is on the line

"Might" :laugh:

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Pudding Space posted:

Does Maxwell realise there's about 120 balls left?

I don't think he knows how to count

Coucho Marx
Mar 2, 2009

kick back and relax
WATSON SUCCESSFULLY NEGOTIATES THE WATTO ZONE

Noxin of Shame
Jul 25, 2005

:allears: Our Dan :allears:
Is Maxwell physically incapable of playing the hook shot anywhere behind midwicket?

Pudding Space
Mar 19, 2014

Windmill Hut posted:

It's like was given a dare by Daimo and Chooka to smash it into lights, and they'd buy him a couple of slabs of VB. On the other hand, in the words of the great Roy Slaven, the Brain is Often the Enemy.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Pudding Space posted:

It's like was given a dare by Daimo and Chooka to smash it into lights, and they'd buy him a couple of slabs of VB. On the other hand, in the words of the great Roy Slaven, the Brain is Often the Enemy.

Brayshaw? Is that you?

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
Maxwell playing like he's got some hot tail waiting back at the hotel room.

Jon Von Anchovi
Sep 5, 2014

:australia:

Lionel Richie posted:

I don't think he knows how to count

Counterpoint: he seems to have realised he has to get the rest of the runs to mske 50 before they win

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

The Deadly Hume posted:

Maxwell playing like he's got some hot tail waiting back at the hotel room.

He wants to get out amongst that pumping Adelaide night life :haw:

Note: I live in Adelaide

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Riaz is getting punished.

masterpine
Dec 3, 2014

Geez thats flat

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

adamantium|wang posted:

Honestly, after so many years of Channel 9's useless commentary its been unbelievably refreshing to hear Alison Mitchell on ABC Grandstand.

Yeah she was really impressive when I was listening at work earlier. If only my home setup could handle foxtel picture and radio audio :smith:

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
Top shelf performance by the boys. Bit of a brain explosion at the start there but we got the points. We came here to play cricket and its a game of 2 sides but we wanted it more in the end.

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Pretty funny that the Strikers had higher attendances for their 20/20 games than the Australian quarter final.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

webmeister posted:

Yeah she was really impressive when I was listening at work earlier. If only my home setup could handle foxtel picture and radio audio :smith:

I've been too lazy to set anything up so I'm using the gifs in this thread and the power of ~imagination~.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

You loving tell 'em Riaz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Haha you've lost mate. Back in the bin with you son.