Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

That loving Sned posted:

inal Fantasy XV is pretty much a cross between The Last Story and Dragon's Dogma, especially the latter. It's weird, since when I played DD I created a character that looked just like Noctis, down to having one red eye like in that trailer.
With all the ridiculous variety of characters you can make in DD, you made a character that looks like a FF lead?

Anyway, you'd better mean it when you say it's like DD, because I love DD but hated the recent FF games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corvo
Feb 5, 2015

It must really suck for the ex Sony Liverpool guys who are getting fired a second time. Meanwhile Sony's Japanese studios enjoy continued job security even though they only release one game every ten years.

Having said that however, the whole DriveClub mess is just baffling. The whole gimmick for their game was a cheap copy of the Autolog system that Criterion pioneered years before, but somehow Evolution couldn't even get it working?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Samurai Sanders posted:

With all the ridiculous variety of characters you can make in DD, you made a character that looks like a FF lead?

Anyway, you'd better mean it when you say it's like DD, because I love DD but hated the recent FF games.

It's not like DD. It's also not like any recent FF games. The combat style bears a passing resemblance to Lightning Returns, but right now it genuinely seems to be doing its own thing, which is neat.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

That loving Sned posted:

Aria has a much more streamlined control scheme, but SotN lets you do a lot more at once without needing to switch which souls you have equipped. Shame it doesn't let you swap between two sets like the sequel.

Final Fantasy XV is pretty much a cross between The Last Story and Dragon's Dogma, especially the latter. It's weird, since when I played DD I created a character that looked just like Noctis, down to having one red eye like in that trailer.

Well, that's unexpected. Dragon's Dogma: The Boy Band sounds like a lot more fun than I'd thought the game was gonna be. I would love some more Dragon's Dogma, though I can already tell I'm in for disappointment because they probably won't sing a J-pop rendition of Dangan Into Free in FFXV.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

So much for that DriveClub sequel that I was really hoping for. The wording makes it sound like the game is down to a skeletal crew that is just making sure the servers are running.

timeandtide
Nov 29, 2007

This space is reserved for future considerations.
Basically confirmation that Kojima is out sometime after Phantom Pain releases, if you read between the lines and vague wording:

Konami Japan posted:

Notification Regarding "METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN"
Thank you for your continued patronage of KONAMI products and services.
The latest title in the METAL GEAR series, "METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN" (below, "MGSV: TPP"), will be released as planned starting on Tuesday, September 1, 2015 in North America, Latin America, and Europe, followed by Japan and Asia on Wednesday, September 2. Hideo Kojima will remain involved throughout.

In addition, Konami Digital Entertainment Co., Ltd. will continue to develop and distribute top-quality content in the METAL GEAR series following "MGSV: TPP." We greatly anticipate and deeply appreciate your ongoing support for METAL GEAR.

As the next step in the series, KONAMI has already resolved to develop a new "METAL GEAR" title.

We will be conducting auditions for main staff to lead the development.

Interested parties are encouraged to contact us to via the recruitment page of the KONAMI official website.
If you have any questions or concerns, please submit an inquiry via the "Contact Us" page.

Get your resumes ready, goons.

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
God of War 3 Remastered trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiVk9EKdjq4

July 14.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

Red Warrior posted:

July 14.

Why

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Only Naughty Dog can remaster games it is literally impossible to remaster any other cell processor game ever made

- goons

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Red Warrior posted:

July 14.

Really excited to play this game again.

Syrinxx posted:

Only Naughty Dog can remaster games it is literally impossible to remaster any other cell processor game ever made

- goons

I kept saying over and over again that this was a non-issue.

roymorrison
Jul 26, 2005
I sent my ps4 off to sony because the cd player was hosed up and its been like 3 months since they said it was supposed to be here.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Syrinxx posted:

- goons
"Why" and "how" are pretty different questions.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

roymorrison posted:

I sent my ps4 off to sony because the cd player was hosed up and its been like 3 months since they said it was supposed to be here.

You sent your PS4 to Sony, three months ago? It probably got lost or stolen.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
That's cool, but they are nuts if they charge full price for God of war 3 remastered, a sp only game that's a few years old, already looks great on ps3, and is a game I bought for ten bucks almost a year ago.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Only thing that makes sense is the fact that for some reason a large number of PS4 owners never even owned a PS3/360/Wii, so these games are new to them.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

I said come in! posted:

I kept saying over and over again that this was a non-issue.

It's not a non-issue, it would still have been a very long and labor-intensive process but clearly they had the resources and willingness to do it.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

there's like zero reason to care about GoW anymore now that Bayonetta 2, Revengeance, and Dmc Definitive/4 Deluxe exist. I played the first 2 games but they are so relatively brainless that I have no desire to play any GoW ever again unless like, Platinum made it. Maybe they could work on remaking Godhand or Revengeance instead for PS4

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
The age of GoW and its clones seems to finally be over, and I am totally okay with that.

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010
God of War 3 was a lot of fun, despite the story being pretty meh and the last act falling really flat. Not worth rebuying for but if you haven't played it before playing in 1080p/60fps will be a real treat for the eyes.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Samurai Sanders posted:

Its much closer to a slowed down non-Disney Kingdom Hearts than it is Dragon's Dogma.

Which considering XV was Versus-XIII which was supposed to be Final Hearts Fantasy originally, makes sense.

echronorian posted:

That's cool, but they are nuts if they charge full price for God of war 3 remastered, a sp only game that's a few years old, already looks great on ps3, and is a game I bought for ten bucks almost a year ago.

This is why I don't understand it.

Corvo
Feb 5, 2015

I have fond memories of God of War 3 but I'd only buy this remaster if it was priced sensibly at $15. I guess we now know the real reason that console manufacturers didn't want to give us backwards compatibility in the PS4/XB1, Sony & Microsoft must be making a fortune off rereleasing old games. I'd have rather paid an extra $50-$100 for a backwards-compatible PS4 with the Cell processor inside, much like they put the PS2 processor in PS3s to enable hardware BC.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
PS4 Remastered should be the name of the console

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

"Targeting" 60 FPS

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Why don't they just put a little more effort into it, and then release a collection with all three games for Christmas instead?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I think we can at least all agree that Red Dead Redemption is never gonna be ported anywhere, ever. It would be too much of a good thing.

Zaphod42 posted:

Its much closer to a slowed down non-Disney Kingdom Hearts than it is Dragon's Dogma.

Honestly I'm still happy with that, as I enjoy the combat system in Kingdom Hearts. Especially BbS.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Crows Turn Off posted:

Why don't they just put a little more effort into it, and then release all three for Christmas instead?

Look how the master chief collection turned out. Remaster collections are probably a bad idea.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Corvo posted:

I guess we now know the real reason that console manufacturers didn't want to give us backwards compatibility in the PS4/XB1

I don't know what to tell you if this wasn't obvious from the start.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Zaphod42 posted:

Look how the master chief collection turned out. Remaster collections are probably a bad idea.
Sony has been great with HD remaster collections previously, like Ratchet & Clank, Jak & Daxter, and Sly Cooper.

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

Ometeotl posted:

"Targeting" 60 FPS

Considering the original 2010 PS3 release had an already average framerate well into the 40s it'll be insane if the 2015 PS4 release isn't 100% 60fps.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

The reason is still what it was when the PS3 removed the PS2 backwards compatibility, it would cost more money to make and thus be more expensive to buy. Obviously that is not a compelling selling point anymore.

Corvo
Feb 5, 2015

The official announcement for the God of War 3 remaster is up on the PlayStation Blog and it's a physical release. There goes any hope for it being a sensibly-priced downloadable game, I guess.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
http://www.dualshockers.com/2015/03/20/gravity-rush-remastered-rated-in-korea-for-ps4/

Gravity Rush is also getting in on the remaster bandwagon.

Electromax
May 6, 2007

Crows Turn Off posted:

Sony has been great with HD remaster collections previously, like Ratchet & Clank, Jak & Daxter, and Sly Cooper.

PS3 Remastered should be the name of the console

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Sorry to wank over the wireless headset but goddamn, the sound is utterly perfect. Maybe this is because I've never really had surround sound outside of a cinema but it's really loving with my head to hear things zipping about in a 3D space rather than just from a couple of dinky speakers. Even my PC headphones didn't have this. :v:

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

That's great. It's one of the few vita exclusives I wanted to try.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

They need to stop doing these PS3 remasters and go back to the best PS2 games and remaster THOSE. At least we would have a chance at 1080/60 with those.

gently caress, just give me PS4 Fantavision and call it a day.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

All I need now is a Ys: Memories of Celceta remastered and I'll have precisely zero incentive to ever get a Vita ever

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Ultimate Mango posted:

gently caress, just give me PS4 Fantavision and call it a day.

Am I a terrible person for wanting this? :ohdear:

The Flying Milton
Jan 18, 2005

This isn't even worth the remaster. The game was the definition of a launch window showcase game. It is short, shallow, and all of its mechanics are super wonky. I hope they fix it, add content and price it below $60.

I'm looking forward to a 6 year console generation of recycled games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

The Flying Milton posted:

This isn't even worth the remaster. The game was the definition of a launch window showcase game. It is short, shallow, and all of its mechanics are super wonky. I hope they fix it, add content and price it below $60.

I'm looking forward to a 6 year console generation of recycled games.

Yeah, it was an interesting game on the Vita, but that was because it was an open-world game on a handheld, but it wasn't exactly meaty or anything. It's fun enough, but I don't exactly see it flying off the shelves as a remaster for consoles.

• Locked thread