Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
angry armadillo
Jul 26, 2010

Fat Lowtax posted:

I like it when players who probably shouldn't be effective still are. This guy came up through the leagues with me, he's the star performer of my Championship side and he's terrible, all he can do is run.

I've read that high pace/acceleration means he had a higher CA than you'd expect and it makes players that look rubbish perform ok

Guess that applies to him

Also high 5 for getting North East minnows up the league - I'm currently Gateshead in the prem at about 2021 ish

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

The big thing is meant to be that physical stats don't get affected by form, so he'll turn up every week and run really fast forever

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

It's a shame I can't yell at the NI international manager in the press for never giving poo poo, fast lads a chance. Why does any of the media stuff even exist?

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

International caps seem to be based solely on reputation. I bought a 20 yo kid from Norwich after he'd been the top scorer in the Premier League while out on loan for some midtable dross, and it took nearly a full season of playing for me in the Champions League to get a token cap for England.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
There's an Italo-Canadian DC in my game who was at Monaco, hadn't declared for either nation, and was completely ignored by the Canadian national team, despite being streets ahead of anyone else in the squad.
He ended up getting capped by Italy once he started playing regularly, but come on, if he's good enough for Italy, he would have been good enough for Canada years ago.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Bogan Krkic posted:

International caps seem to be based solely on reputation.
Can't fault them for realism

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

kingturnip posted:

There's an Italo-Canadian DC in my game who was at Monaco, hadn't declared for either nation, and was completely ignored by the Canadian national team, despite being streets ahead of anyone else in the squad.
He ended up getting capped by Italy once he started playing regularly, but come on, if he's good enough for Italy, he would have been good enough for Canada years ago.

The Canadian Giuseppe Rossi

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

kingturnip posted:

This doesn't sound like a bug, this is exactly what happens with every even remotely good dual-nationality Canadian player in real life.

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

I love Charlie from Busted!

vyelkin posted:

This doesn't sound like a bug, this is exactly what happens with every even remotely good dual-nationality Canadian player in real life.

Yeah, players with mixed nationalities will refuse call-ups to the lower ranked nation, waiting for the higher ranked nation to show some interest, seen it plenty. It's in their international happiness section (or was in FM14)

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

yeah, players don't tend to accept call ups from the "lesser nation" they qualify for until they're absolutely sure they won't get a better option, generally in their mid to late twenties.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Anyone know why I can't sign players from Brazil on pre-contracts? There's been 4 or 5 players who I've tried to sign with like 4 months to go on their contracts, but there's no Approach to Sign option on them, and then they renew their contracts with their club despite wanting to join me, because I just can't approach them

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

Bogan Krkic posted:

International caps seem to be based solely on reputation. I bought a 20 yo kid from Norwich after he'd been the top scorer in the Premier League while out on loan for some midtable dross, and it took nearly a full season of playing for me in the Champions League to get a token cap for England.

Until this weekend I believe Charlie Austin was top English goalscorer in the Prem. At QPR, who are decidedly worse than mid table dross.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Mandalay posted:

Until this weekend I believe Charlie Austin was top English goalscorer in the Prem. At QPR, who are decidedly worse than mid table dross.

I just checked his stats, he won the golden boot with 27 goals and 17 assists in 35 appearances for a newly promoted Leicester that he dragged to 10th. I then promptly signed him for 44 mil at the end of the season before he could ever play a senior game for his parent club Norwich, and he finally got an England cap a couple of months later. I thought it was longer that it took to get his first cap, but it was actually where he and Danny Welbeck led England to glory in the 2020 Euros, having never even made a training squad with England before. He's now got 14 goals in 30 caps by the age of 22.

When I signed him he had composure of 10 and finishing of 6 and was still banging them in.

Bogan Krkic fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Mar 9, 2015

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
Composure 14, Finishing 8. Truly a world class striker.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Mandalay posted:

Composure 14, Finishing 8. Truly a world class striker.

He's by far the most frustrating player I've ever signed. Cannot stop fashioning chances, with 20 acceleration (rip his hamstrings) and 19 dribbling, and cannot put in a good pass or shot to save his life. It's just by outstanding sheer volume that he scores lots, because when he's running with the ball he's impossible to stop

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Few questions.

One, my editor shows blank databases, what do. Google tells me nothing. All I wanna do is add Latveria to the nations.

Two, is there any way to auto-sim matches instead of watching them? I care about the outcome of friendlies, but not so much about actually watching them play-by-play.

Three, is there any way to have an obnoxious Spanish-speaking man yell GOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAL every time someone scores a goal?

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

LORD OF BUTT posted:

Two, is there any way to auto-sim matches instead of watching them? I care about the outcome of friendlies, but not so much about actually watching them play-by-play.

By default the Instant Result button is only available in Classic mode, I believe, but there are many skins that add the button back. I use Scorpio.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
There is an option to have your AssMan handle friendly matches under Responsibilities.

LORD OF BUTT posted:

Three, is there any way to have an obnoxious Spanish-speaking man yell GOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAL every time someone scores a goal?

No, but there is a rare chance to get "GOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL GOAL! GOAL! GOAL!" when a goal is scored.

Kouerson
Mar 5, 2008

If you die in Canada, you die in real life.
I now have a 36 year old Emile Heskey up front for Fleetwood. This can only mean automatic promotion to the Championship.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Also, is using fake players doing it wrong?

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
Using fake players is the only way to play.

Also, my team just had another moment:

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

YOUR LIPS SAY 0, BUT YOUR EYES SAY 1.

I've played this game for a long time, and I don't know that it was because I never paid attention, or maybe because it's not happened for any clubs that I've managed, but I've never seen such a thorough demolition for stand remodel.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

XBenedict posted:

I've played this game for a long time, and I don't know that it was because I never paid attention, or maybe because it's not happened for any clubs that I've managed, but I've never seen such a thorough demolition for stand remodel.

Annoyingly (my immersion), owens and family seem to have a world wide monopoly on stadium construction work

JorahTheExplorer
Oct 23, 2013

You aren't my Alves, Afonso Alves,
you make me sa-aad when sky's are blue,
and Georgie Best, cost fucking less,
so please take my Alves away.

LORD OF BUTT posted:

Also, is using fake players doing it wrong?

yes because signing 40 year old crouchy is always great.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

I honestly think this version is the best one I've played. The ME is good and I very really concede the same lovely goal or score the same lovely goal. Also I notice the difference when I bring on an attacking midfielder that runs with the ball over one that likes to pass more. For the first time probably ever I've got a save going that's lasted longer than three seasons too.

Started with Ajaccio in Ligue 2 and somehow managed to win the French cup in my first season as well as winning the league. Second season I came 7th and got to the quarters of the Euro Cup- knocking United out on the way. Third season I came second and won the French Cup again. I had high hopes for the current season as I picked up Giroud on loan from Arsenal but that useless hosed can't score for poo poo. Thankfully my midfield have picked up the slack. Currently 5th in January and into the second round of the Champions League where I'll face United again.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Did they fix the Strikers not scoring thing or is it still where you want super finishers on the wings?

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

Ewar Woowar posted:

I honestly think this version is the best one I've played. The ME is good and I very really concede the same lovely goal or score the same lovely goal. Also I notice the difference when I bring on an attacking midfielder that runs with the ball over one that likes to pass more. For the first time probably ever I've got a save going that's lasted longer than three seasons too.

It really is. I think it's also the first version where I don' t go looking for a third-party skin because the default skin / UI is so good.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

quote:

Our current Swansea City researcher is no longer able to provide the research for his club for Football Manager. After being impressed by your postings on the SI Forum, I am interested to give you the first option to replace that researcher.

Oh you're all in trouble now motherfuckers.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
How do you maintain your sanity (and solid grasp of written English communication) hanging out on the SI forums?

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?

sassassin posted:

What sort of finishing are you thinking of giving that bird who was going to stand you up for United tickets?

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Mandalay posted:

How do you maintain your sanity (and solid grasp of written English communication) hanging out on the SI forums?

You can't its a cesspool of asskissing and never admitting there could be fault with the game.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

sassassin posted:

I look forward to Swansea winning the Prem constantly in FM16.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Between injuries, bad financials and the African loving Cup of loving Nations, I think I'll have to rely on this actual Panamanian wasteman to score a few goals to get me into the Premier League. I forgot if it's really good or really bad to give the "shoots first time" PPM to a striker with a first touch of 4.

Scored a brace in his first start though :dings:

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Masonity posted:

What sort of finishing are you thinking of giving that bird who was going to stand you up for United tickets?

Rude.

I have turned down the role.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
I was checking out World Cup fixtures out of interest and I saw an unusual name among the list, so I had a look at the qualification groups:

:stare:

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

kingturnip posted:

I was checking out World Cup fixtures out of interest and I saw an unusual name among the list, so I had a look at the qualification groups:

:stare:

Post those Kazakh players

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
Post those Northern Irish players

Kouerson
Mar 5, 2008

If you die in Canada, you die in real life.
Post the Andoresi scorer.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

The best two Northern Ireland players and the only Kazakh player worth a drat I could find.
The Andoresi goalscorer was a grey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes

quote:

Andoresi

:lol:

• Locked thread