Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Lblitzer posted:

Paging Taint Reaper, please link your instagram.

I don't have one.

I don't even have a social media page

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Taint Reaper doesn't understand what America is, he doesn't even have a Myspace page.

Dead Pressed
Nov 11, 2009
Looks like The Taint Reaper is the one who has had his "taint reaped". Taint justice served, if you will.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Why would I want a social media page, they are a haven for viruses and weirdos.I mean I already live near Greenwich Village isn't that enough?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Are you 65 years old

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
He's a bad troll

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

If you don't have Twitter what are you even doing with your life

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Help Im Alive posted:

I can't even read twitter on my flip phone.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
Maybe if you stopped buying $10 games dozens at a time you wouldn't be a poor with a flip phone and could embrace twits.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Lblitzer posted:

Maybe if you stopped buying $10 games dozens at a time you wouldn't be a poor with a flip phone and could embrace twits.

Oh no I just don't like walking around with an expensive electronic device on my person.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Help Im Alive posted:

Being productive, probably

at least that's what I'd say if we weren't dealing with Taint Reaper

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

raditts posted:

at least that's what I'd say if we weren't dealing with Taint Reaper

Oh I'm plentry productive, it's just that it takes Maya forever to render out a scene and I can't use 4 out of my 5 computers until they're all done.

HOT! New Memes
May 31, 2006

Anyone find the gold mario today?

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Lblitzer posted:

Well, by posting in the forums he's already interacting with twits so it evens out.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
I would assume turds are all that you can reap from a taint, so I think it does what it says on the box no? I mean he's reaping like a pro here and we get 'em fresh by the fistful, so I'm not sure what the issue is?

Karate Bastard fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Mar 20, 2015

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Taste the Rainbugh posted:

Anyone find the gold mario today?

Got TWO! One for play, one for display!

j/k, I don't care about that kids toy poo poo.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Astro7x posted:

j/k, I don't care about that kids toy poo poo.
Said the guy posting in a Nintendo thread

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

SRM posted:

Said the guy posting in a Nintendo thread

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Amiibo collectors are legit insane

like at least open them, good lord

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
Haha that's like $450 if he bought them all retail. I thought about buying a few just to have as neat collectibles, but they'd look so much better without the box.

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva

Help Im Alive posted:

But they will lose their value!

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Help Im Alive posted:

noooo they're gonna be worth something someday, just like my shoebox of comics from the 90's!

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

The Taint Reaper posted:

Why would I want a social media page, they are a haven for viruses and weirdos.I mean I already live near Greenwich Village isn't that enough?

Wait, you live in the economic and cultural capital of the world, and you troll an internet forum for games in your free time. :gonk:

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Help Im Alive posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PrRUKFcnPM

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Help Im Alive posted:

They're going to be nigh worthless once Nintendo scraps them(and they will). Hell Gamestop can't get rid of their used and incompatible Skylanders and Infinity figures.

The World of Nintendo figures actually do more and are 1/3rd cheaper than the amiibos.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Mar 20, 2015

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

mamelon posted:

They look the same.

Haha yeah they look so god drat like the same person

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

enojy posted:

Haha yeah they look so god drat like the same person

I would say to them, "you want ice cream cone?" both of them say yes

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

The Taint Reaper posted:

They're going to be nigh worthless once Nintendo scraps them(and they will). Hell Gamestop can't get rid of their used and incompatible Skylanders and Infinity figures.

The World of Nintendo figures actually do more and are 1/3rd cheaper than the amiibos.
Worthless like all other Nintendo videogames?

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Darth TNT posted:

Worthless like all other Nintendo videogames?

Are you having a stroke?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

The Taint Reaper posted:

If Amiibo cards are a fraction of the price of the figures, there is really no reason to buy the figures anymore.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Astro7x posted:

If Amiibo cards are a fraction of the price of the figures, there is really no reason to buy the figures anymore.

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. The figures look cool.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Astro7x posted:

Unless you want the little figurines. Scanning a "trophy" into Smash 4 is drat cool.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
"There's absolutely no reason to have a tiny statue of Princess Peach in your house!" - This dumbass over here

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

They're neat little decorations that give a chance for lesser loved series to have some kind of merchandise. Where else am I going to find Captain Falcon or Little Mac merchandise?

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

ChaosArgate posted:

lesser loved series to have some kind of merchandise.

http://www.amazon.com/NECA-Batman-Appearance-Action-Figure/dp/B00M1GJ8J0 Based on the NES game. :D

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Astro7x posted:

If you're buying the figures foremost for their functionality (or lack thereof) and not for the fact that you like how they look, you're an idiot in the first place.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Astro7x posted:

I'm willing to bet a large majority of the people who buy the figures now don't buy them for their function.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

noirstronaut posted:

I'm willing to bet a large majority of the people who buy the figures now don't buy them for their function.

And it's actually impossible to use them if you keep them in the box, since there's a piece of foil at the bottom blocking off the base. Which some of these people do.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I didn't see a regular Wii thread and wasn't sure if I should post in the retro gaming thread about this. I just got my Wii hooked back up and wanted to see what are considered the "must play" games for the Wii and Gamecube so I can check out my local cool secondhand store and see what they've got. Any suggestions?

I've got a handful of Wii/GC titles already, including:
Metroid Prime Trilogy (Wii)
Silent Hill Shattered Memories
Eternal Darkness
Dead Space for the Wii
Manhunt 2
The two Rogue Squadron games for the GC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Xenomrph posted:

I didn't see a regular Wii thread and wasn't sure if I should post in the retro gaming thread about this. I just got my Wii hooked back up and wanted to see what are considered the "must play" games for the Wii and Gamecube so I can check out my local cool secondhand store and see what they've got. Any suggestions?

I've got a handful of Wii/GC titles already, including:
Metroid Prime Trilogy (Wii)
Silent Hill Shattered Memories
Eternal Darkness
Dead Space for the Wii
Manhunt 2
The two Rogue Squadron games for the GC

Punch-Out!!
Punch-Out!!
Punch-Out!!
Punch-Out!!
Punch-Out!!